Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (51744 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Jonathan Says No More Negotiation With ASUU / FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by PrettyGaby(f): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
na dem sabi. thank God i have finished 2nd semester exam. I'll worry about ASUU in october. up unizik for not totally going on strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Kaid01: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
ASUU TNX 4 d break atlist I hag gotten a job.....guys make u go lik 4 1 oooo
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by brosun(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Mmalistic mma: ASUU & FG SHOULD FOR ONCE REACH A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MoU) IF NOT FOR ANY OTHER THING, LET IT BE FOR THE SAKE OF THE STUDENTS.
Are you familiar with the issues at all? What new MoU do you want when the previous one has not been honoured? The issue is not with churning out MoUs but government honouring the one it has already signed with ASUU which is the present bone of contention.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by uniquelyspecial(m): 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Justosaus: selfish lecturers. Gambling with the future of nigerians because of allowances
dey r human beings 2 children, as ur parents dey work n get dia allowances so dey ought 2. U no see ur government blame abi?
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Jeffsleek(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hmm!..suswam,onkojo and GEJ!..well done oh!!..h0pe u are j0ttinq down all ya deeds!!...so because d strike isn't affectn ur kids,u quyz n0 wan care!
Well,God is watchinq u sha!
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Wolef7(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
eddiebruk:

I hope someday you will get a Government Job and be underpaid so that you will know what it means to get the standard of education that gave you the Job without getting the necessary salary, compared to what the senators share annually who should earn more...?
Really true. Don't call them senators again but SEN-EAT-ALL.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ennon92(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
uniquelyspecial: dey r human beings 2 children, as ur parents dey work n get dia allowances so dey ought 2. U no see ur government blame abi?
Mr man wu told u they (lecturers) ain't collecting salary....excess of their actions is bad.
By d way, can't they establish other effective avenue in reacting to issues of unpaid allowances or wut aview instead of joining hands with insensitive gov't by jeopardising d poor students? These crazy beings don't even care about their future leaders.
By n large, Great Nigerian students needs to act fast by engaging themselves in a nationwide protest, by so doing,am sure various authorities will come to their aid.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by henryugo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
IT IS WELL coolIT IS WELL
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Dubemkelly(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
eddiebruk:

I hope someday you will get a Government Job and be underpaid so that you will know what it means to get the standard of education that gave you the Job without getting the necessary salary, compared to what the senators share annually who should earn more...?
As if dey r committed to deir jobs...What standard r dey teaching? They r unnecessarily greedy,govt wrk aint 4 d greedy,dey cud hv joined d class of entrepreneurs instead of hiding under d govt 2 earn a living...Stewpid selfish lecturers
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Dubemkelly(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
PrettyGaby: na dem sabi. thank God i have finished 2nd semester exam. I'll worry about ASUU in october. up unizik for not totally going on strike
Who r u deceiving? Unizik is affected n d exam remains inconclusive, my sis has 3 papers left wch cud only be completed pending wen d strike is called off cos most snr lecturers thr r on d side of ASUU
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by firimador: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Picomon:

Blame it on ASUU.
ok
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ProfAmos1: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Now we all know the real reason ASUU went on strike -THEIR EARNED ALLOWANCES!
But they were hiding under d umbrella of infrastructural decay. Why can't they make sacrifices, accept the N30b & get back to class, if indeed they have feelings for d students they claim to love.

Also, I hate it when ASUU are comparing their salaries with Politicians. If they aren't satisfied with their job, they should resign & go into politics and see if they can 10 votes in an election.

The decay in Nigeria's education can be largely attributed to our lecturers. 70% of them are CORRUPT!
I rep UNIBEN!!!
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Egodons(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
Prof. Amos:
Now we all know the real reason ASUU went on strike -THEIR EARNED ALLOWANCES!
But they were hiding under d umbrella of infrastructural decay. Why can't they make sacrifices, accept the N30b & get back to class, if indeed they have feelings for d students they claim to love.

Also, I hate it when ASUU are comparing their salaries with Politicians. If they aren't satisfied with their job, they should resign & go into politics and see if they can 10 votes in an election.

The decay in Nigeria's education can be largely attributed to our lecturers. 70% of them are CORRUPT!
I rep UNIBEN!!!
Mr Amos or wat ever u call ur self, i guess u must be high on something. GBAM
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Aryourkunlay(m): 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
APC now backing ASUU
APC is thinking of 2015 election, while ASUU is thinking of repression of government to suit their pocket.. While students are humming in depression over unreasonable ASUU folly of dithered wanders..

May GOD help us! ! !
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by wallex1983(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
As far as I am concerned if it is money we are fighting for, then we are not being considerate. I agree the salaries are not enough. But I am comfortable with my salary even as a very young lecturer. (If they increase it, I will appreciate it). But if it is infrastructure they are asking for, then I see no reason why a state university like mine should join. Afterall, when and if govt dances to their tunes, only the federal schools would have all the infrastructures. Who then fights for the state univesities like mine? We are used to this. National strikes don't benefit state schools.
Besides, I doubt if we have the interest of the students at heart
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by senatorn3c(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
next topic pls
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ayomo: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ayima:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ASUU-pulls-out-of-negotiation-with-fg/
our educational sector does need a total overhaul.F.G can't you see?
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dubemkelly:
As if dey r committed to deir jobs...What standard r dey teaching? They r unnecessarily greedy,govt wrk aint 4 d greedy,dey cud hv joined d class of entrepreneurs instead of hiding under d govt 2 earn a living...Stewpid selfish lecturers

What facilities have the government put in place to help them teach on a better environment, so you expect a student to study information Tech for 4years and getting to see how a computer or information system works only when he is doing his IT, really where are the research centers for the Medical students, or is it the dead body of those armed robbers that they use for their practicals that you call MEDICAL Training, the lecturers are fighting for these things to be in place Mr so please teach yourself something and stop constituting nuisance on a subject you don't know the root.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Hearme(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
Donmichaelz: Small Boys and Girls whose future is almost being ruined,these small boys and girls are d future LEADER's u Modafu-ker

Which future leader? With Buhari @ 70 plus still campaigning? And the youth leader if PDP also 70 plus, you better take your destiny by your own hands. Mugabe is 89 and he is president, imagine the news they told a 19 year old that he was the leader of tomorrow when Mugabe was 70. That is the way it will go if you don't change your thoughts.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by PrettyGaby(f): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote
author=Dubemkelly]
Who r u deceiving? Unizik is affected n d exam remains inconclusive, my
sis has 3 papers left wch cud only be completed pending wen d strike is
called off cos most snr lecturers thr r on d side of ASUU[/quote]
i'm not decieving anybody, alright. mark the word 'totally'. they were affected, yes but not everybody was. some ppl are through with their xams. btw, what course is ur sister studying?
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Uchexxy(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
ASUU abegi cari on, make person know wetin him go use him life do. Anybody wey get work abeg pm me ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by abugbe(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na till wen person don old for school, den if e com manage get work e no go tey dem go say him don reach or pass 35years. Na waoooooooo! Dis kind country na which way we dey even go sef?
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Abeq I dey find work ooo! #Location: Lagos.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by tovercint(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
y start sth u can't complete, tink ASUU has every right to hold on to the agreement reached,hence we all shd desist 4m callin dem claims but AGREEMENTS.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ChiziDaniels(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
eddiebruk:

What exactly do you mean by being underpaid? Pls state facts, how much is a senior university lecturer paid? ASUU is not even contesting their basic salary but one selfish 'earned allowance' of N87 billion. They still want govt to implement the N400 billion NEEDS proposal. Let's all be rational for once...
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by shebayaha: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
eddiebruk:

if assu member want earn like d politiciam then they quit lecturership and go in2 politics and stop usin d student's life as a shade 4 their madness
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
ennon92: Mr man wu told u they (lecturers) ain't collecting salary....excess of their actions is bad.
By d way, can't they establish other effective avenue in reacting to issues of unpaid allowances or wut aview instead of joining hands with insensitive gov't by jeopardising d poor students? These crazy beings don't even care about their future leaders.
By n large, Great Nigerian students needs to act fast by engaging themselves in a nationwide protest, by so doing,am sure various authorities will come to their aid.

Did you apply to study Chemistry Education? Talk talk! Go and teach too!Which future leaders? Jesss
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
sheba_yaha: if assu member want earn like d politiciam then they quit lecturership and go in2 politics and stop usin d student's life as a shade 4 their madness

Ghana dey ooo
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by iyalamcletus(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
But this wil badly effect the youth service force[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by kilmix: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
ASUU that cannot even Update their Website wants Government to Update their Pockets... Ole.

www.asuunigeria.org .. still 2011 news

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep / See How University Girls Get Their Daily Bread / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.