Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:46 PM

ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (52008 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Jonathan Says No More Negotiation With ASUU / FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by free2ryhme: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
THANKGOD AZI: ASUU pls na even do dam pay orna #10 only mak orna let student go bck 2 school..

if you papa, or mama or both na lecturer you go talk like dis

undecided
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
make ASUU resolve dis issue ooh peeps don dhy forget deir matric number..abeg make person remind me of my course
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Demdem(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Excellent development.
If our foolish leaders can spend trillions on themselves over the years, I see no reason why just billions can't be spent our educational sector.
Actually, ASUU is being lenient. They are not even asking for additional demands but implementation of already signed agreement. The onus is on FG to fullfil its part.
It will be foolish of ASUU to call of when these issues aren't thrashed.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
mithel:

So ASUU is to blame smiley and our perfect government are the unselfish citizen serving one smiley
Where did you get the idea of a spotless government in my statement?
Dude, has it ever happened that a reasonable mother cools the hot embers placed on her lap by her husband by transfering them on the little laps of her children?
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
If this news is true, then it means the strike will soon be called off.
This same old trick.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by mazizitonene(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
This must be a joke
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by deeptesting(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
I am really really disturbed at the moment with the action of these two groups called ASUU AND FG.....Worst of is the advice been given here that the students should go and learn a trade or get a job thereby abandoning their books to accumulate dust...Why are we this docile in this country? The Government in a sane society is afraid of the people and not the people been afraid of the government. What is the National Association of Nigeria Students doing? Or have they been registered by INEC as a political party?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by israelbenzion: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
eddiebruk:

I hope someday you will get a Government Job and be underpaid so that you will know what it means to get the standard of education that gave you the Job without getting the necessary salary, compared to what the senators share annually who should earn more...?
Must everyone earn like a senator? Does d lecturer contest elections? Does he spend money on campaigns? Does he have a constituency to cater to? Does he maintain staff? Is his tenure just 4 yrs? If he so desires a senator's pay, y doesn't he join a party and contest elections as a senator?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Bgino(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
ASSU strike is 50days old today...we wish ASSU & FG long life and prosperity

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
It is high time government stop running public universities like a charity organisation. The truth remains education is not 'FREE' it is time we realise this, people must pay to acquire education. I therefore reccommend this for total transformation and revigoration of our educational sector-
1. University governing council should be granted autonomy
2. Tutition fees must be reviewed upwards, so that our university management can be capital minded
3. Government should offer poor students with loans, grants or scholarships
finaly its not compulsory for everybody to have degree.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Ustec: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
10k God unilorin no get problem with ASUU,..on d oda news;cant blieve what ma eyes saw yestnyt,never new alliens exist...dea spaceship was about landing wen dey tookoff again...d light 4rm it made d whole place as bright like in d day time and den went dark after dey left...evrybdy in ma area wea so scared...never seen such in ma whole life...only in sci-fi movies thou..!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Montaque(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
wow.the comments so far portray a failed educational system which the Government and ASUU shares the blame.l wish it is us the students that are demanding better educational system.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by elrony(m): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
Emzybrown: It is high time government stop running public universities like a charity organisation. The truth remains education is not 'FREE' it is time we realise this, people must pay to acquire education. I therefore reccommend this for total transformation and revigoration of our educational sector-
1. University governing council should be granted autonomy
2. Tutition fees must be reviewed upwards, so that our university management can be capital minded
3. Government should offer poor students with loans, grants or scholarships
finaly its not compulsory for everybody to have degree.
Sorta off course homie!!....bad recommendation ,at least for the now!!
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nnaemekajibor: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
why can FG pay ASUU what d want? Only to pay secondary sch. Drop-out senator millions every month
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by skimarvel: 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
eddiebruk:

I hope someday you will get a Government Job and be underpaid so that you will know what it means to get the standard of education that gave you the Job without getting the necessary salary, compared to what the senators share annually who should earn more...?
we re talking about allowances here nt salary..students re left to waste away yl u re talking bout underpayment...nigerian lecturers re paid handsomely and also d highest retirement age..
One advice to GEJ..sack dem all..
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by oses4u(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Reyginus: Dude, I don't think anybody is owed any salary. What I see here is a bunch of selfish hypocrites holding the government ransom because of extra allowances for no reason they deserve.
my dear, Pls don't generalize these lecturers for d unethical deeds of some. We have some lecturers dat are very hard working and give their students the best and after such hard labor, the FG keep owing allowance upon allowance. Its wrong. Learn to fight for ur right. for these country to move forward, some persons must sacrifices their time, and all. For the students @home pls find sumtin doing like tailoring, hairdressing, computer operators/engineers, baking etc.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by fasho01(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na wa ooo.

This isn't gud news.

If ASUU wants big money they should join politics nah!!! Why gamble/toil with our academics? Is it because their children are done with university
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by elrony(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ustec: 10k God unilorin no get problem with ASUU,..on d oda news;cant blieve what ma eyes saw yestnyt,never new alliens exist...dea spaceship was about landing wen dey tookoff again...d light 4rm it made d whole place as bright like in d day time and den went dark after dey left...evrybdy in ma area wea so scared...never seen such in ma whole life...only in sci-fi movies thou..!

You mean aliens from planet ASUU or u saw a shooting star!!.....either ways u was dreaming !!!
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Appliedmaths(m): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
This one na till 2034 be that oooo. grin
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by musb92yahooco: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nigeria for privatisation
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Moxie4lyf(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
ayusco85: This only means one thing: students should go and find what to do to make money, this strike won't end any time soon. I forsee it stretchin upto next year. God help us all. And i had just two months to been A̶̲̥̅ graduate o, *God knows best*
next year? Haba guy
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Ustec: 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
elrony:

You mean aliens from planet ASUU or u saw a shooting star!!.....either ways u was dreaming !!!
guy,am still outside with ma phone waiting if 2 see if dey will comeback...so sad wasnt wit ma phone yestnyt as@d@ tym..!
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Abasstoheeb(m): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Justosaus: selfish lecturers. Gambling with the future of nigerians because of allowances
HABA...dey ar fightin 4 dere ryt nw,don't u see d plenty money of politician ni..abeg oo
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ceeethru(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
this is savage in a country like nigeria.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by jopretty(f): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na wa oo
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by musb92yahooco: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Who cares
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Osadhody(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na only God go save us for dis Nigeria o cos we no get future at all
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by DonaldGenes(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ayima: Wetin u d fine source for, abi na source want end ASUU strike? http://www.thenationonlineng.net
Same questions begging on my lips" every time "SOURCE" as if na garr[b][/b]ri
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by skay87: 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na wa ooo,gaskiya we don dey jones 4 house joooooor,no be dere fault,shey dere own children dey 4 abroad days y dem no dey send us naw.

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by bodee(m): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Justosaus: selfish lecturers. Gambling with the future of nigerians because of allowances
imagine,not just a month or few months but accumulated allowance for about 4 years#greedy bones#
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by infobiz9ja(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks 2 ASUU most students have forgotten their Matriculation Numbers.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by bodee(m): 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
imagine,not just allowance for a month or few months but accumulated allowance for 4 years#greedy bones#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Camels Grazing On A Primary School In Plateau (Photos) / The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! / 4-Year-Old Girl Destroys School Properties. Teacher Reacts Calmly (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.