Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) (24082 Views)

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Boomark(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
John 4:42
And they began to say to the woman: "we have heard
Him ourselves, and we know
that this is indeed the Christ,
the Savior of the world."

1Jn 4:14
Furthermore, we have seen with
our own eyes and now testify that
the Father sent his Son to be the
Savior of the world.

Amen & Amen by saint Boomark according to the will of the Father.

“One day, through the Rosary
and the Scapular, Our Lady will
save the world.”...............Saint
Dominic

What is this? What is Mr Dominic saying( sorry, saint is for Christians)? The truth is revealing itself.

The will of man will never prevail. I can see they are ganging up against me. SMH!!! For them.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
@ all believers. Please ignore boomark. ^^^.

4 d sake of keeping the sanctity of this thread. Remember our Mother Mary. The mystical Rose/ Rosa mystical

smiley

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 12:09am On Nov 22, 2013
Dearest Rosarians, I've been thinking, is it right to use music to deepen meditations when reciting the Holy rosary? There is this cool "Ave Maria" musical hymn on my phone, each time i play it i feel deeper love for the Most Blessed Virgin Mary and experience peace. I'm still having scruples whether it's right to play the music/hymn when reciting d holy rosary. Please Help a brother smiley
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by italo: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2013
^^^ I dont see anything wrong.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Syncan(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2013
damerry: Dearest Rosarians, I've been thinking, is it right to use music to deepen meditations when reciting the Holy rosary? There is this cool "Ave Maria" musical hymn on my phone, each time i play it i feel deeper love for the Most Blessed Virgin Mary and experience peace. I'm still having scruples whether it's right to play the music/hymn when reciting d holy rosary. Please Help a brother smiley

Have you tried it? Did it distract you or Was it helpful?
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
^^^ Haven't tried it yet. Just want to know if it's right because i haven't seen or heard such. ( kinda weird )

Anyway It won't distract because listening to d music on normal basics makes me feel I'm not alone, it gives a feeling of her presence and i do occasionally make one or two prayer request with full concentration and Love as d music plays.

If there is no Law against such I'll start using it for my rosary recitation/meditations
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo: ^^^ I dont see anything wrong.
cactheist italo has spoken. grin Thanks bro. I'll start using it anytime 4rm now.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Syncan(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
damerry: ^^^ Haven't tried it yet. Just want to know if it's right because i haven't seen or heard such. ( kinda weird )

Anyway It won't distract because listening to d music on normal basics makes me feel I'm not alone, it gives a feeling of her presence and i do occasionally make one or two prayer request with full concentration and Love as d music plays.

If there is no Law against such I'll start using it for my rosary recitation/meditations

If it does not distract your meditation/concentration, it cannot be wrong. You need to try it first,I actually feel you may not succeed since the rosary is a verbal prayer and not solely meditative. Its worth a try though.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 9:54am On Nov 23, 2013
^^^ Thanks. I will stick to d norms of rosary recitation. And use d music ONLY when i want to make one or two wishes/request. grin Thanks all. Have a blessed weekend smiley
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:04am On Nov 25, 2013
Defending the Holy Rosary

Too Repetitive?

On a purely psychological level, the constant repetition of the Hail Mary induces our minds to a state of relaxation, a state where our minds are freed from the worries of the world and we are thus able to meditate on the mysteries. In psychological terms, this is called the "alpha" state, a state of mind between deep sleep called "delta" and the state of full consciousness. This method of repetition is prevalent in other religions, and is likewise widely practiced in the field of psychology. It seems that God, who fully knows our human nature, designed the rosary in such a way that it will help our minds relax, enabling us to pray and meditate.
This meditative and "relaxing" nature of this prayer, as well as other prayers in general, is perhaps the reason why doctors and scientists around the world have proclaimed the "miracle of prayer" in healing. Research has shown that prayer has the power to heal, even on a purely scientific and psychological level. Sick people who have had a habit of prayer have demonstrated higher chances of healing versus those who did not pray regularly.
On a religious and spiritual level, the constant repetition of the Hail Mary is a manifestation of our love for Mary. When a person is in love, he or she cannot but constantly repeat and express his or her love to the beloved through the words, "I love you". The Hail Mary is a flower which we offer to Mary, our beloved - flowers which show our love and affection for her. A mystic once saw a vision of beautiful, red roses drifting up to the air towards Mary. The mystic saw that each Hail Mary recited by a devout disciple of Mary was converted to a beautiful, red rose which was gathered one by one by Mary. Our Lady, in turn, offered the roses to God.

Source: www.all-about-the-virgin-mary.com/the-rosary-defended.html
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:09am On Nov 25, 2013
Reading the Bible a Better Use of Time?

"I prefer to read the Scriptures everyday instead of praying the rosary." The Bible is not meant for arbitrary, personal reading subject to our own personal interpretations. There is such a thing as "exegesis" that is, the Scriptures must be taken within the context of the Church's official interpretation. We cannot just take up the Bible, read a passage, interpret it the way we want. Imagine if every day, the passages are about the illicit relationship of David with Bathsheba, Cain and Abel, or Jesus' words to Peter, "Get away from Me, you Satan!'' These statements, if taken literally, or out of context, will lead a person to confusion. As it is, the Bible has to be interpreted according to the teachings of the Church.
This is not to say that we should not study the Bible. But personal, private reading of the Bible can be difficult, especially if you are a beginner. There are many other ways for us to read the Bible and understand it according to its true interpretation; for example, through Church-approved Bible classes or through the scriptural interpretation of the priest during Mass.
However, reading the Bible everyday does not necessarily mean having to stop or neglect praying the rosary. The Bible and rosary are not contradictory; they are complementary. Scripture enriches our minds and the rosary enriches our souls. Both the Bible and the rosary, at their very essence, focus on one thing: the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
Reading the Bible by ourselves may help us spiritually, but without the guidance of prayer, we will not be able to penetrate its true meaning. We need prayer, particularly a Christ-centered and scripturally-focused prayer like the rosary, to receive the graces we need to truly understand our faith through the Scriptures

source: www.all-about-the-virgin-mary.com/the-rosary-defended.html
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:18am On Nov 25, 2013
The Bible and the Rosary

A friendly dialogue between a Catholic and three pastors of a relatively well-known non-sectarian group was well into its second hour when the former said,“I carry my Bible every day in my pocket.” One of the surprised three wondered it to be the Sacred Scriptures digitized for today’s smartphones until the Catholic held up his rosary beads saying,“This is the Bible I carry daily with me,”and in the silence that followed, continued “…the Bible is in the Rosary and the Rosary is in the Bible.”
Many may be as perplexed by this claim as the trio of pastors had been initially, until it was explained to them that the meditation which is the soul of the Holy Rosary need not be confined to simply each respective Gospel episode. We say the prayer Christ taught us in the Our Father, repeat the scriptural salutations in the Hail Mary, and glorify the One Triune God in the song of the Angels. Our fingers move down the beads and we contemplate Christ against the backdrop of Salvation History. In the words of St. Augustine,“The Old Testament is revealed in the New and the New hidden in the Old.”
Christ is in the Rosary. As we fix our contemplation on Jesus, we recall persons that prefigured Him, moreover His teachings and events likewise. To illustrate the point, we cite four examples, one each from the Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful and Glorious mysteries. Each one will have a corresponding doctrine of our Faith.

Second Joyful Mystery: The Visitation(Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant)

At the Visitation Mary went to the hill country of Ain Karim and greeted Elizabeth who replied,“And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?”(Lk 1:43) Her words parallel what David had spoken in the same hill country at the approach of the Ark of the Covenant,“How can the ark of my Lord come to me?”(2 Sam 6:9)
The Old Testament Ark was an ornate crate made of acacia wood made holy by its contents: the Word of God in tablets of stone, an urn of manna, and the staff of the High Priest. Mary is the New Covenant Ark: she bore the Word of God made flesh in her womb – Jesus our Eucharistic Manna and Eternal High Priest. And just as the Ark remained with David in the hill country six months, so did Mary with Elizabeth.

Fifth Luminous Mystery: The Institution of the Eucharist(Mass as Covenant Memorial)

God gave Moses the prescription on how to offer a sacrifice to Him to be a memorial of their deliverance from Egypt. (Ex 12:14) After leaving Egypt, the Covenant was ratified at Mount Sinai and Moses sprinkled the people with the blood of the sacrifice as prescribed by God, saying,“This is the blood of the covenant.”(Exo 24:8 )
Jesus never used the word covenant during His entire three-year ministry except at the Last Supper when He said“…do this in memory of me.”(Lk 22:19) Lifting up the cup of wine He said,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood…”(Lk 22:20) These are words we hear pronounced in persona Christi by the priest at Mass. He commands us to observe this sacrifice as the memorial of our deliverance from death.

The Fourth Sorrowful Mystery: Carrying the Cross(Sacrifice of the Only Son)

Abraham was instructed by God to take “your son, your only son” to be sacrificed to Him at Mount Moriah. Abraham and Isaac reached Moriah and the latter carried the bundle of wood for sacrifice on his shoulder up the mountain. (Gen 22:1-8 )
Jesus, the Only Begotten Son of the Father, carried the wooden cross for His sacrifice on His shoulder as He ascended Calvary, which is one of the seven peaks of Mount Moriah.

The Fifth Glorious Mystery: Coronation of Mary(Queen Mother)

In the Old Testament, Solomon, the son of David, created the office of the gebirah or queen mother and installed his mother Bathsheba queen of the Kingdom of Judah. (1 Kgs 2:19) Thereinafter all the subsequent Davidic kings reigned with their respective mothers who was the Queen Mother of the Kingdom.
Jesus is the Son of David par excellence whose kingdom will have no end. (2 Sam 7:12-14) He is our Eternal High Priest and King and His Mother Mary, the gebirah of the New Jerusalem (the Church), reigns with Him. It is significant to note that the role of the Queen Mother in the Kingdom of Judah was to attend to the people’s needs and intercede for them in their behalf. The Alliance of the Two Hearts of Jesus and Mary is better understood in this light

www.all-about-the-virgin-mary.com/bible-and-rosary.html
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by SalC: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2013
Interesting! Will be back to read it again.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2013
Dear catholics. Hold fast and cherish what has been handed unto thee from time immemorial, don't let any soul take away your glory. When someone tries to teach you ( Catholics ) what he/she believes, ( concerning matters of Faith ) do well to also Teach them what you also believe and hold fast unto it.
My 2 cents
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by MariaGoretti: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2013
I missed this thread.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Hello Maria-Goretti. Long time, we've been all trying to reach ya. Please follow this thread
www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/32

you're highly welcomed
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Sirjay50: 8:00am On Nov 26, 2013
God bless you bro. I've been silently following the thread, this has helped improved my rosary recitation. The additional Rosary info you provided strengthens me more and more. More power to your elbow.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^^ Amen bro. God bless you too. There's more to learn please follow this thread
www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics
happy rosary meditations smiley
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Sirjay50: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
damerry: please follow this thread
www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics
*Following* smiley 9ice thread.
I like it when i pray and meditate on the mysteries in subsequent order. I.e Joyful, luminous, sorrowful and glorious. i don't like meditating on the mysteries according to days of the week which they were set for. e.g. Monday- joyful
Tuesday- sorrowful
Wednesday- glorious
is anything wrong if i stick to my method?
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Syncan(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sirjay50: *Following* smiley 9ice thread.
I like it when i pray and meditate on the mysteries in subsequent order. I.e Joyful, luminous, sorrowful and glorious. i don't like meditating on the mysteries according to days of the week which they were set for. e.g. Monday- joyful
Tuesday- sorrowful
Wednesday- glorious

Nothing is wrong with your method, days and nights are for man and not for God. The luminous mystery seem to upset the balance when it came, but that's nothing. Its just that If I said only 5 decades a day, I love it when I look at my diary and notice that the whole church meditated on the same mystery with me.

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sirjay50: *Following* smiley 9ice thread.
Tuesday- sorrowful
Wednesday- glorious
All roads leads to Rome. There is nothing wrong as long as you keep alternating the mysteries as you said. Some people would prefer to meditate on the Joyful and glorious mysteries and leave the sorrows. This of course is not normal because Christ and Mary did go through the sorrows before attaining Glory.
Alternating the mysteries gives us a perfect and complete picture of events in Christ and Mary's life which summarize the bible, that's the reason why the church afixed mysteries to different days of the week. So der's no problem as long as you keep alternating the mysteries.
Besides, the 54 day Rosary novena requires the devotee to alternate the mysteries as yo do. It goes in this order
joyful, luminous, sorrowful and Glorious.
Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Sirjay50: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2013
Thanks @ Syncan and damerry. More power to ya elbows

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Don't mention. We have only done what it behoves us to do as servants smiley

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Sirjay50: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2013
damerry: Don't mention. We have only done what it behoves us to do as servants smiley
Sure grin
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2013
Sirjay50: Sure grin
it's hightime you crawled out of your shell, Fall in that catholic thread and meet your fellas and sisters.
Si fueris Romae Romano vivito more; si fueris alibi, vivito sicut ibi.
When you are at Rome, live in the Roman manner; if elsewhere live as they do there smiley
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Sirjay50: 8:30am On Dec 02, 2013
damerry: it's hightime you crawled out of your shell, Fall in that catholic thread and meet your fellas and sisters.
Si fueris Romae Romano vivito more; si fueris alibi, vivito sicut ibi.
When you are at Rome, live in the Roman manner; if elsewhere live as they do there smiley
Okay. You're on smiley
www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/47#19932166
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 9:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Sirjay50: Okay. You're on smiley
www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/47#19932166
That's more like it smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CAN Visits Osinbajo, Demands Five-point Agenda / Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Will Neither Recommend Nor Disqualify Any Party – Kumuyi / Christian Dressing: Is There A Model Way Christians Should Dress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.