Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? (876 Views)

Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? / I Liked You The Moment I Saw You! Is She Chasing Him? / Can I show her this thread?: In Love With A Young Single Mother.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? by xtgozie(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2013
Question: We went out on three dates and he seemed really so into me but I think he lost interest because I acted shy and awkward around him. The last time we went out, he made some remark about sometimes letting my hair down and live a little. The next day we spoke on the phone briefly and since then it’s been two weeks and I’ve not heard from him.

I’ve had my share of men most of whom I was not interested in. This guy is different and I really enjoyed every moment we spent together. It frustrates me so much that I failed to show him the fun-loving side of me. All my female friends say I should leave him alone because if he really was into me, he’d pursue me like all men do. My male friends on the other hand say, I should reach out to him and see where it goes. I do not want to be too forceful or give him the impression I’m chasing him. I guess I am just old fashioned. He initiated all the calls and arranged all the dates. What do you think, should I reach out to him and see where it goes or should I just let this go?

Answer: Just from your email, it seems that he did not get the reactions that he had expected and hoped for. It’s possible that he may have felt that you just are not that into him. This is just my guess based on the information you provided.

I think that if you really enjoy his company that much that you should call, email or text him, whatever you feel comfortable doing. I don’t think that reaching out to him just once will look like you are chasing him or being forceful. If you make a habit of calling him all the time or expecting him to call you (and complaining when he doesn’t), then that’s aggressively chasing him.

The worst that can happen here is that he will not respond but at least you know the ball is in his court and you didn’t just drop it and let the man of your dreams slip through your fingers.

If you get that chance to hang out with him again, let him see you as you. Just enjoy your time together. Don’t worry too much about trying to impress him and instead share with him who you as a person and also show some interest in him as a person. If you’re easy to get along with, laugh and express yourself naturally, he’ll be drawn to that energy. But if you’re trying too hard to impress him, it means you’ve tuned into your own thoughts and most likely coming across as  uptight or boring.

If you’re worried about being too forceful or giving him the impression you’re chasing him, then don’t bring up the “where is this going” type conversation until you’re into “a relationship”. Bringing up these conversations too early into the “get to know you” stage is usually what makes most men feel that a woman is being too forceful.

If you don’t get that chance then maybe next time be a little more open, fun and show you’re interested with the next guy you really like so it could lead to something more.

http://coolpenny./2013/08/22/how-do-i-show-i-like-him-without-chasing-him/
Re: How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2013
OP you don talk everything nah. Wetin remain to talk again.

The girl should just tell him, if she is really interested and save herself all this stress undecided
Re: How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? by Iaz93: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2013
Nigerian girls angry angry wawas!!!
Re: How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? by Enegod(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
angry
Re: How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? by Andyblaze: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Re: How Do I Show I Like Him Without Chasing Him? by Swaggot00(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
question n answer' lol vry funny, dis one got me laughing .

(1) (Reply)

LADIES: 10 Types Of Guys To Avoid Before You Get Married / Ladies : 7 Things That Are Ruining Your Beautiful Skin! / That Horrible Dream -- ISONIC Nightmare!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.