Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? (43018 Views)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / Ariel Sharon's Death And Prophecy Behind It / TB Joshua Ministries Deny 2Go Death Prophecy Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2013
This may sound funny.

Couple of years ago, In fact it’s close to 20 years ago(in the late 90s) that I was in my grandma's place and a pastor came to pray for the family and after praying, he decided to share the word of God with the family.

He took his bible and told everyone to read Isaiah 29 which centered on the curse placed on the city of Ariel. He then convinced us not to use Ariel detergents any longer.

To be candid, I don’t know if the family heeded back then or not. Yesterday again,, i was studying and then flipped to Isaiah 29 and recalled the incident of close to 20 years ago and laughed.

But seriously is there any correlation between the Ariel city cursed in the bible and Ariel detergent by Procter & Gamble.
Someone once told me years ago that Procter & Gamble claimed that they give certain % of their earnings to the devil/Satan. How true or how false, i don't know.

To have an idea of how long this is, see the below article

[size=15pt]June 10, 1998[/size]

Here’s proof that you can't stop an urban legend, not even in a court of law.

In 1997, Procter & Gamble filed the most recent in a series of lawsuits against Amway Corporation and several of its distributors for allegedly spreading rumors to the effect that P&G, maker of familiar household products such as Mr. Clean and Tide laundry detergent, is affiliated with the Church of Satan.

Read more on http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/business/a/procter_gamble.htm

Here's what the bible says

Isaiah 29

King James Version (KJV)

29 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.

2 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.

3 And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.

4 And thou shalt be brought down , and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.

5 Moreover the multitude of thy strangers shall be like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shall be as chaff that passeth away: yea, it shall be at an instant suddenly.

6 Thou shalt be visited of the Lord of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.

7 And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, even all that fight against her and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision.

8 It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations be, that fight against mount Zion.

My questions are

1) Did you hear about the rumour back then?
2) If you did, what was your reaction?
3) Is there truly a correlation between the Ariel in the bible and that of P&G?
4) Why did P&G choose the brand name Ariel as against any other non controversial brand name?

This thread is just for discussion.

4 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by olaric(m): 8:56am On Aug 23, 2013
"For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of God, even as the waters cover the sea." There is no harm in doing a bit of research even as a Christian. I may have to study that portion of the Holy Bible very well because I do not wish to be seen as supporting the work of satan by buying satanic products.

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2013
you and soap.. May God help you..

5 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2013
musKeeto: you and soap.. May God help you..
lol. When did you come back?? I knew you'd be back shaa, its deepsight i'm taking seriously. grin
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by bodejohn(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2013
toba:
My questions are

1) Did you hear about the rumour back then?
2) If you did, what was your reaction?
3) Is there truly a correlation between the Ariel in the bible and that of P&G?
4) Why did P&G choose the brand name Ariel as against any other non controversial brand name?

This thread is just for discussion.

I will try to answer your questions...

1) The rumors linking the company and her CEOs to the church of satan is a old has the history of corruption in Nigeria. These rumors started outside of Nigeria and have moved from one continent to continent. These rumors to some extent no longer bothers the company.
I have always taken my time to educate those who have been bold enough to pop this questions at me.
In the past 20 years P&G has had about 5 or 6 CEOs, so I will ask you, do you know their names? Which one among them attends the church of satan? The rumors have largely been peddled by the competitors and willing superstitious people. I am sure you remember when it was rumored that a popular Indomie noddle brand was killing children, we all knew the stories came from a rival noddle company.

2) When i heard these rumors, i took my time to research the circumstances surrounding the issues. Not that i was jobless but because I earn my living there.

3) I will leave you to belief what you think here. I can't possibly see the link between Ariel, a city in ancient Israel with a 21st century product that delivers superior cleaning power far above its competitors. You will also find out that Ariel, a Hebrew word, also means the angel of God. Note the capital G in the God.

4) Why did P&G choose Ariel as a brand name? You make me laugh. Are they suppose to consult Nigerians or Christians before naming their product? Are you aware that a Nigerian company once named another detergent "Global Ariel" Are you also aware that there are close to 300 products made by P&G globally and with different names?

Brand wars are fought everywhere in the world and mudslinging in these wars are common, I will close with the words of the holy book, "Prove all things: hold fast that which is good or true."

68 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2013
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/procterandgamble.htm#.Uhcf-xtpnD4 grin grin

Chibuebem: lol. When did you come back?? I knew you'd be back shaa, its deepsight i'm taking seriously. grin
smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 23, 2013
i do not think the detergent Ariel is up to 20 yrs old...*justthinking*

2 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by nora544: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2013
In germany Ariel is known since 1968.

I never hear a story like this about ariel.

Do you know that there is also a movie ariel the little mermaid, a movie for kids.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
wpope: i do not think the detergent Ariel is up to 20 yrs old...*justthinking*
MAY be not in Nigeria but it been around for a while
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by bigx(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nigerian Pastors Thrive by Keeping Members in a State of Fear and Dependence.
So they keep returning to them.

They'd tell you your entire family and friends are bewitching you, so you leave people who would talk sense to you and pay everything you've worked hard for to them as "Protection Money"

There's hardly a Pastor that would encourage you to search the Bible, Pray and Grow in the Word.

I think this is another of the fear tactics

11 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by mrborntodoit: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
Back in the days, we were advised against Proctol and gamble products.........all na story jaregrin
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nigerians and religion! Kai
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by ebamma3: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
.And to add to that, please dont use omo detergent again, its the short form of gOMOrrha,the city that was destroyed in the bible for sodomy

21 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Hernadez99: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Taking a frontrow seat,with my Agbalumo inside nylon.

4 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Othniel4God(m): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
I'll advice u to ask d ppu of old age,dae wil av knowledge abt it
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by infobiz9ja(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
That's just a misconception. Ariel has nothing to do with satan its just a ploy to bring down the company by some unknown companies.

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Fazhy: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hernadez99: Taking a frontrow seat,with my Agbalumo inside nylon.

Agbalumo still dey season?

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by alienvirus: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
Where is Buzugee? Any explanation from him?
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Dygeasy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
See Story!

We Give Up!
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by badmeat(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
P&G make some of the best products in the world,sad,its only lazy pipu that tend to spread this kind of rumourssad

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Jayses(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
An average man cant proof of most of the things that he chooses to speak of , stil wont make all research to fyn all d root of the truth dat he seek of. ABC is hard because we neglect knowledge , abeg wht has detergent got to do wit ma salvation
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by joiousjoy: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
just thinking about it
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by pekelepekele(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
@OP I believe the pastor is 100% right . If you check the bible very well you will notice that their was only two Saul mentioned in the bible .

The first was a king in the old testament and he ended up his life in a devilish way which made God turned his back against him.

The second was a Saul in the new testament that always attack the Christians and even murder them , When God(Jesus) appeared to him at Damascus .

He didn't only become a change person but God changed his name to Paul . Meaning God didn't like the later name anymore.

Name is very important and it means a lot of things , since it was once mentioned in the bible that ariel city was cursed , I believe anything that has that name also bears the curse .

[size=4pt]If you think am wrong please don't swallow me with abuses just share your own opinion. [/size]

7 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by nora544: 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
I use Ariel since so many years and we here in Europa have a product test and it is always the best what you can take.

You know the disney movie for Kids that has also the name Ariel.

that has nothing to do with religion.
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Clemzy16(m): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nigerians are just too
supersticious.

What's the business between a soap and something that happened years ago in the bible.

As far as am concerned, it, just a brand name.

@op abeg na who send you? Shey na omo abi na so Klin. . .??!

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Wahala90: 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
[size=14pt]As for me and my household, we will keep clear.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by donlyone(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Well, thats the nature of being a human being, you can't tell what is true or false, you depend on infomation. The innocent have been found guilty and the guilty have escaped punishment. Facts can be twisted by brilliant aguement.

Anyway rumours usually have elements of truth.

1 Like

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Babalegba(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Are Nigerians this slow. Nigerians and their phony pastors with their pick 'n' mix Christianity. I guess if P and G were to donate one billion naira then it would be don't spread unjust rumours against my annoited.

2 Likes

Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by Youngtekkey(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
me never heard of this before just hearing it now but i never use ariel before
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by luckgood(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
See another sponsored thread..i smell bad belle!
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by DrFaitobaba(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
This has nothing to do with our salvation, just another plot of the devil for people to put guilt of what does not exist in their heart. I still use am wash dis afternun
Re: The Ariel Soap Rumour & Isaiah 29? by trolling(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ariel is another name for Yerusalem , temporarily the city is under a curse until its redeemed by Christ , as per Procter n Gamble we know the owner is member of the illuminati, but the soap has not nothing to do with city of Ariel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor's Advice To A Wife Whose Husband Defiled 3 Of Their Kids Shocks Nigerians / Pastor Uhembe Jacob Kidnapped & Murdered Over Wrong Accusation Of Stealing Penis / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.