Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! (820 Views)

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum / I Urgently Need Ur Advice On My Husband And His Ex-girlfriend / Is Her Mom Using Her For Slavery In London ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
The Upper Area Court II, Gombe, has
ordered David, a 25-year-old,
undergraduate to pay the sum of
N80,000 to his fiancée, Binta
Williams, as part of claims for the
‘damages’ which he inflicted on her
within the two years in which they co-
habited as lovers.
Williams had accused David as having
“camped and used” her for almost two
years in his room, while promising to
marry her. The accused, confessed that
he impregnated Binta twice and
aborted the pregnancies, while
promising to marry her, but had pled
with her that she would have to wait
for him to graduate within three years.
Williams revealed to the court that the
accused had harassed her and thrown
her belongings away, telling her that
the “relationship is over,” and that
despite all her efforts to resolve issues,
he did not want to see her again.
Williams also said that she had
reported him to the nearest police
station for them to be reconciled.
“He used and dumped me, after
sleeping with me for quite long; he said
he would marry me, but he didn’t.
Now, I am claiming damages of
humanity,” Wiliams told the court.
Binta prayed the court to make David
pay her the sum of N500,000 for the
damages, but the judge, Alhaji Salihu
Baffa, advisedly ruled that the accused
pay her the above mentioned amount

http://leadership.ng/news/230813/
court-orders-student-pay-fianc-e-
n80000-using-her

Got this copied from the front page.

What's your opinion?
Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
tis a welcome devt.!
men should know that women are not to be used and dumped at will anymore without compensation.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by Godmother(f): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
If this becomes the norm lotsa naija guys will go bankrupt.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by EfemenaXY: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
What sort of story is this??

Was she chained, bound and held captive in his room? Did she not enjoy the 'ride' while it lasted?

Abeg make I hear better word jare.

Lesson: Mothers train your daughters well and instil self-esteem in them! Marriage is not a do-or-die affair nor is it meant to be by-fire-by-force.

Damages of Humanity ko, Damages of Humanity ni!! What yard stick does one use in measuring the level of emotional damage sustained anyway between the parties involved anyway?

Mtcheew.
Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Judge in this case should be sanctioned!!!
Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by Miraclebaby1109: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
U can say dat again
°°°mixedchic°°°:
tis a welcome devt.!
men should know that women are not to be used and dumped at will anymore without compensation.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Ex Girlfriend 80,000 Naira For Using Her!!! by ediemafio(m): 4:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Hahahahaha,i don laught tire..e dey smit me e dey smit u who go pay...Rubish,let her accept being a wh.or.e,then she can accept payment for being used..Bullocks

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Enough / Marriage Issues / Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Family??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.