Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement (36811 Views)

Access Bank Plc Inbetweeners Programme 2015 / Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Isaacpyo04(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
vladimiros: that nothing

My BABALAWO requirement was too bring Virgin blood, Champions league Trophy, Pubic Hair of a madman, a shark tale, tortoise urine and my facebook password

haba
virgin blood, u can get by kidnapping a virgin
pubic hair of a madman, u can get by drugging d victim
facebook password u can give
tortoise urine u can also get in whitish form
shark tale u can get from a museum
but champions league trophy, my broda u no fit!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by chucky234(m): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
chopsyray:
Its their bank, as annoying and hurting as this act is, we can't do anything about it, they are not forcing anybody to stay, its a way of safeguarding their interest as the person dropping the money will aslo stand as a guarantor for you. Since there is an option of NO, then its not illegal
Haba bro N3m from guarantors (thats if its for guarantee purpose) just to employ an applicant,where in the world do banks ask a job seeker for 10 guarantors and $25k fixed for 18 months before employing their relative(s) to work with the bank.
Its not done any where,lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by portage(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
Now, imagine a 22/23yrs, fresh/lucky university graduate given this HARD requirements to have a job! On getting the job, somebody should just explain how this Graduate will live past the Age of 45
Upon landing the job, this fortunate/unfortunate graduate will now wake up 4am every morning just to hop on the usual transportation just to make it in time to work by 7-7:30am, five times in a week angry. We should also not forget that with this requirements, (especially for girls) there is a chance of several sexual harassment thereby making you loose all sense of morality and dignity angry angry
Perhaps we should just pause for a while and consider living in Lagos with this insane job/requirement! (It is only in places like lagos that you can even meet most of the cash requirements for the job o) If you keep this job for 15 years....i really don't get how the individual will not just drop dead one night with all the stress, high blood pressure, hypertension etc etc!! Once dead, people will br wondering what went wrong with the person! On the outside, you will appear to people as normal...but in reality and behind the appearance lies all sorts of untreated/undetected health issues. and the usual response will be "he died after a brief illness" or some family member is behind the death angry
Little wonder UN or some research body published that LIFE expectancy in Nigeria is between 47 and 50 years!

Life is short people angry angry, if Nigeria is not conducive (for your well being)....abeg, find greener pasture joor! aleast, with your education (B.sc o)you stand a chance of living a decent and longer life in a more stable economy/country too!

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Mikkychuks(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
I hv neva seen a bank dat is useless like dat bnk...wat kind of stupid requirement is dat,even there current staff dey don't pay dem fyn.nonsence cage work.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by lolaluv1(f): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
chucky234: Hmmm bankers defending their ogas at the top in order to save their jobs, well done sis.

Whatever, bros.
If I am banker now, I chose to go into it. I wrote the test, passed and walked with my two open eyes into the job.

I don't come online b!tching like I was forced into the job. And as long as I am only talking to save my job, not take what is not mine or beg. Then It's OK by me and you can take a long walk as I've noticed you....

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by oluezekiel(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dispute my claims with only valid evidence please.
This deposit/accts opening only gives you entry into the training skul where you will be paid N40k for the 4 months duration. If by any chance you fail (scoring below 65)any of the courses while in the training skul, you'll be shown the exit door.
And for the people saying they only want to see ur seriousness 2wards the deposit target, it's a must to meet within the given period if you're to stand any chance of entry into 'Access Bankign School of Excellence'
The fidelity bond of 2yrs is there kampe for you after the training skul, then the monthly target thingz upon resumption at ur branch.
Note that most newly employed staff are being posted to Market facing units.
If you can cope,then join the train. God will help us all

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by 234GT(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Very funny posts by people. I almost turned down a 2.5m per annum bank job last year because of negative and envy-driven posts by people. Thank God I am in the bank now and I am enjoying the job.
It is not as stressful as people say. You are not forced to take loans. If you are heavily indebted as a banker, it is your choice.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Dabrain20(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hum Access bank! Tufiapa, dat bank dt likes commiting AGE abuse..................24yrs

QUALIFICATION abuse.............2.1

»»and«« Now SELECTION abuse............300 million Bond

Guys, banking jobs r not dt interesting again as it is use to be......Let's focus on other sectors n be creative too. All is well

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by tunlex01(m): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
234GT: Very funny posts by people. I almost turned down a 2.5m per annum bank job last year because of negative and envy-driven posts by people. Thank God I am in the bank now and I am enjoying the job.
It is not as stressful as people say. You are not forced to take loans. If you are heavily indebted as a banker, it is your choice.
We are talking abt access bank aπϑ their outrageous recruitment process aπϑ not a banker getting loan in a bank..
Btw, do Ʊ work in access bank?
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by 234GT(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
tunlex01:
We are talking abt access bank aπϑ their outrageous recruitment process aπϑ not a banker getting loan in a bank..
Btw, do Ʊ work in access bank?

Well, the discussion veered off the topic, and a lot of issues were brought up by people. Methinks they just want to see your fighting spirit. If I was faced with such a situation, I would do my best and give them whatever amount I could raise. I don't think they would sack anyone for not meeting the so called target. It is the weak ones who will run away from the job. I don't work with Access bank though, so I don't know how they do their thing.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by KUTIGUY: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
I will be d last person to do any banking Job. I rather haustle on ma own dan 2 b used by any bank. Wait, wat d r even paying nw is rubbish 4 sum1 2 b enslaved to. Ma fellow graduates, pls let's tink of entrepreneurship n 4get dis rubbish bank jobs
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Simonet: 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
I know i have heard of this before. The bank may just be trying to ensure they won't have to sack you after 6 months!!
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by mrjingles(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Abeg ASUU should call off strike so you guys can go back to school. I can see most posters here are still in dreamland. Targets are normal in any serious business and believe me banking is as serious as they come. If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by MrsAdeniyiJones: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
OMG!!!dis is exploitation for cryin loud..smh
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by slimyem: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
pro01: The same Access Bank whose DMD (who is also the MD-in-waiting) is notorious for wasting millions of naira on different actresses and runs girls every week, apart from the millions more he wastes every month to maintain permanent suites in hotels like Southern Sun and Wheatbaker? Yet they are subjecting people's children to this trauma in the name of employment?

This country is a sick joke, seriously.
Are you his p1mp?
Is that what you do for food? Be honest!!!
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Just like modern day slave work: the only incentive is that the 'slaves' will be on suit and tie.

Hahhaha... This one killed me!
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
This is calling a spade a shovel.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by papi365: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
234GT: Very funny posts by people. I almost turned down a 2.5m per annum bank job last year because of negative and envy-driven posts by people. Thank God I am in the bank now and I am enjoying the job.
ARE U A MARKETER?
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by 234GT(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
papi365: ARE U A MARKETER?

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Afam4eva: Is it limited to just marketers or all the staff?

All staff. And it doesn't end there. All staff are still required to do some marketing at a point in time, whether you're in Retail/Commercial banking or not.

There's a reason I've been ignoring their test invite for the past one year.

And if you're a corper in their head office or even some branches, and placed under Retail banking, your own don be, cos you'll literally walk the streets of Lagos in search of people to open accounts with the bank or fund their already existing accounts.

Anyone that is ok with them can move there though. To each his/her own, as I believe some people actually would love to be there.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by babsthegreat: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
yuiop: Two of my friends just went for access bank 3rd stage interview and they were ask just two questions:
1. Tell me about urself.
2. Why did u study ur course.

Then they told them deir requirement into training schul dat each one of ma friends shuld bring 10 accts of 300k=3million. OR 1 fixed deposit acct of 6million which d person will not touch for 180DAYS and dat d deadline is 2WEEKS.

I want Job seekers to please comment. Pls dis happened recently(August interview 2013).

IS IT RIGHT? Or IS IT SLAVERY?
The Banking industry is in a mess they claim to have billions of naira as profit and still ask people to bring 3million A beg Nigerian. Banks are practicing Vodoo ba banking I hope the CBN can regulate this its a shame to our financial industry

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by megliz(f): 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Trouble Oooo for the Ladies
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by braveheart2012(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
I can go on and on about the scam-ridden industry that passes as a banking industry in Nigeria. I just feel sorry for these young people who never even get the opportunity to start real, genuine banking careers. I have friends and relatives with annual targets of N2-5 billion naira and trust me when I say they do NOTHING remotely related to banking all day but go from big man to big man to famz and look for deposits. It's just a bloody sham, the whole thing. Sanusi is a bloody fool. With his big shakara mouth, I had high hopes for him but he is even worse than the ones that came before him. I hear all he does well is sniff up line after line of white powder. Yes, I said it (don't act shocked because rich, male Northerners are the biggest coke heads in the country but that's another story for another day when I am in the mood to amuse myself on Nairaland). I know people in the inner circles of Nigerian power in Abuja and they love to gossip, especially when they are abroad and drinking beer. The entire country is a sordid mess.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by hollyrox(m): 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
angryAbsolutely nonsense
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by drdams: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nawa, aw did u apply?
Dnt cum here 2 start acting as if invitation for test came up tru Spontaneous Regeneration..

I c many liars in d house!!
masonkz:

All staff. And it doesn't end there. All staff are still required to do some marketing at a point in time, whether you're in Retail/Commercial banking or not.

And if you're a corper in their head office or even some branches, and placed under Retail banking, your own don be, cos you'll literally walk the streets of Lagos in search of people to open accounts with the bank or fund their already existing accounts.

Anyone that is ok with them can move there though. To each his/her own, as I believe some people actually would love to be there.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by drdams: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
masonkz:

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by AceVentura: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
pembisco: Stop complaining! Its a private bank and so they choose how to employ their staff, get lost if you can't comply. As simple as that.

Mr. Man, If u don't have any meaningful contribution, it'll be best for you to say nothing. Access Bank PLC is a company publicly quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. How does it make it a private coy? What they are doing is unethical & unacceptable.

As for the recruitment process, asking people to bring in accounts before signing their offer letters is all hog wash. AIG Imokhude (dunno if I got the spelling right) had better watch out or he'll go down like his predecessor.

Access Bank can only drive their staff to an achievable/ realistic target once the offer letters are signed, not before. I've been in the banking sector for 6yrs & will never work for ABN cos of the bond they'll want you to sign which ultimately makes you their slave.

I'll simply sit & observe.......

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
dr dams: Nawa, aw did u apply?
Dnt cum here 2 start acting as if invitation for test came up tru Spontaneous Regeneration..

I c many liars in d house!!

Lol@ how did you apply. They came to my school back then and published the names of those under the age range and 2.1/1st class category in my class to take their test. I'm sure the school supplied them with the info. That was the first time I was invited anyway.

I don't need to prove anything to you. I've said what I know and that's all.
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by AndrewFlexx9(m): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Banking Sector & their Slavery...Mehn,am Proud 2 Study Civil Engineering...2 hell with d Banks

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by herbdull(m): 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
pembisco:
call it watever! You tink those MDs nd other employees at d bank got their's on a plata of gold abi? D bank myt jst want 2 knw hw much effort u kn put in meetin up d requirements, they probably wnt 2 fish out d lazy do.gs like u who wl jst cm here nd say ''what a crazy job requirements'' rather than making any effort 2 meet up d requirements! Be wise nd stop bein lazy! Well, When you wake up from your slumber and face the reality of life, then you can qoute me again!
how many Naija bizman wants to save his 300k in an access bank account, when there is a Zenith, GTB and a FBN down the street.
Wake up dude 30M to get to a training school. SMH
i can hear a marketer gettin f**k
Re: Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement by herbdull(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
braveheart2012: I can go on and on about the scam-ridden industry that passes as a banking industry in Nigeria. I just feel sorry for these young people who never even get the opportunity to start real, genuine banking careers. I have friends and relatives with annual targets of N2-5 billion naira and trust me when I say they do NOTHING remotely related to banking all day but go from big man to big man to famz and look for deposits. It's just a bloody sham, the whole thing. Sanusi is a bloody fool. With his big shakara mouth, I had high hopes for him but he is even worse than the ones that came before him. I hear all he does well is sniff up line after line of white powder. Yes, I said it (don't act shocked because rich, male Northerners are the biggest coke heads in the country but that's another story for another day when I am in the mood to amuse myself on Nairaland). I know people in the inner circles of Nigerian power in Abuja and they love to gossip, especially when they are abroad and drinking beer. The entire country is a sordid mess.
can you pls pocket your lies? Guess you parents are also benefiting from the loot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Entire Salary of 29k Wiped off from Account By Online Loan Company / Someone Should Interpret (Pics Attached). / I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.