Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,291 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:08 PM

Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu (11603 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty / Today Is Nuhu Ribadu's Birthday. Your Wish Or Advice To Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by mbulela: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jarus, i still dey wait for that new number wey you say you go send me.
That was the reason why my sallah message to you remains undelivered.
On the interview at hand, i have one criticism (after all you are my friend grin); kindly desist from this Segun Adeniyi and Dele Momodu habit of name dropping at every possible turn. It irritates sensitive readers like myself. If you read four articles of Dele Momodu,he will mention 90% of the people he has met in his lifetime. As for Segun Adeniyi,everybody is his brother and sister.

On another note,all the best in this pursuit of yours.After all said and done,you are walking the talk. Plenty of grace in your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by djfaithy: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Maj. Headache:

ur hatred for this man is killing and eating you.

You cant claim you love Nigeria and that is why you critisize jonathan.

From the way some of you insult the man and dismiss every laudable achievement his administration has achieved one can only assume you are a pathetic wretched person who is consumed by hate.

continue , we know you get paid to spew rubish. I sure say u don take ur morning paraga
Just as your name goes, you are one of the guys giving the progressive people of this country some serious headache with your blind followership of a total failure called gej, its funny we didn't hate him when we all campaigned and voted for him in 2011,its funnier that we hate him now because we are demanding that he deliver his promises and let his job speak for him in 2015 instead of abandoning his job and started chasing ghost, what your man gej failed to realize is that its better for him to have a credible 4 years than a useless 8/10 years, but what can I say,he's not one of the beautiful ones,he can't even put his home in order how do you expect him to govern 200 million mumus better ?....please headache create a blog for you and your other pro jonathan blind followers and leave NL for the few progressives, funny you said jonathan have a laudable achievement then I begin to wonder what those achievements are, nigerians need someone who understands democracy, politics,leadership and we the citizens of nigeria, forget about his luck and fate, he's not a politician he's a teacher, he doesn't understand democracy he only understand militancy and as for the citizen he knows nothing about US.......take it or you leave it obasanjo will never allow jonathan to perform more than him that's why we need a stronger man not the one that doesn't have control over his wife, I beg, charity they say begin at home,we deserve better than what we are getting for the man got to power through a fair election that was second to abiola's in the history of this country,just like ribadu said, what average nigerians need is not much and shouldn't be too hard to do for a good and reasonable leader, food on their table and make sure they sleep with their eyes fully closed then you are their friend forever,but how did he pay us back for voting him in ?, jan 1 2012 he gave us a new year present ( fuel subsidy removal)....its funny you guys think nigerians have forgive and forget that horrible way to start a new year , well he knows we haven't him, that's why he has adopted his predecessor's Do or Die for 2015 but trust me bloods will be shed before he get back to aso rock in 2015 cuz 75% of us don't want him anymore,just the few ibos,ijaws and middle belt does and since he's ready to do anything, yes, bloods will be shed,but he will still fail
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by djfaithy: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Shine It: Maj. Headache is right, seems NL has become an extension of Lagos state ministry of information.

If you bordered reading and listening to Nigerian news outlets you would have known Ribadu fled Nigeria after he was dismissed from the Nigerian Police force.
Why did he remain in exile until 2010 during GEJ's term?
because his dismissal was political, the only offense he committed was going against obasanjo's order os some issue,don't base your facts on what you read on media, ask the insiders they will tell you,most of the thing written in media was to label him a bad man,I'm not saying he's holy but not as bad as they made him look and it wasn't gej that pardoned him,he left and came back when the coast was clear, if it was gej that brought him back home in 2010 I'm sure he wouldn't have contested against him in 2011
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by jmaine: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
djfaithy: because his dismissal was political, the only offense he committed was going against obasanjo's order os some issue,don't base your facts on what you read on media, ask the insiders they will tell you,most of the thing written in media was to label him a bad man,I'm not saying he's holy but not as bad as they made him look and it wasn't gej that pardoned him,he left and came back when the coast was clear, if it was gej that brought him back home in 2010 I'm sure he wouldn't have contested against him in 2011

Yes, it was political but you need to stop peddling obvious misinformation.

We all know Ribadu and Elrufai ( Both OBJ strong men) were all hounded by Yar Adua whose sole aim was to totally render OBJ reins on the presidency and PDP useless.

It was only after GEJ ascension to power they had the morale to return without fear of incessant harassment.

The fact that Ribadu contested an election against GEJ is a testament that their return got the express blessing of the Presido.And to boot, they were all inconsequential to his quest to get the coveted PDP Presidential ticket, so why should he be bothered about their presidential candidacy.

1 Like

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by jmaine: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
djfaithy: He can't even put his home in order how do you expect him to govern 200 million mumus better ?....please headache create a blog for you and your other pro jonathan blind followers and leave NL for the few progressives,

I also hope the 200 million mumus involved you and your parents cos you factored the population of Nigeria in excess.

And it is also very silly of you to suggest people leave this forum for some useless , hypocritical bunch of fools masquerading as fake progressives. .
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by chucky234(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
jmaine:

You need to stop peddling obvious misinformation.

We all know Ribadu and Elrufai were all hounded by Yar Adua whose sole aim was to totally render OBJ reins on the presidency and PDP useless.

It was only after GEJ ascension to power they had the morale to return without fear of incessant harassment.

The fact that Ribadu contested an election against GEJ is a testament that their return got the express blessing of the Presido.And to boot, they were all inconsequential to his quest to get the coveted PDP Presidential ticket.

Passionate liar
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by Jarus(m): 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
mbulela: Jarus, i still dey wait for that new number wey you say you go send me.
That was the reason why my sallah message to you remains undelivered.
On the interview at hand, i have one criticism (after all you are my friend grin); kindly desist from this Segun Adeniyi and Dele Momodu habit of name dropping at every possible turn. It irritates sensitive readers like myself. If you read four articles of Dele Momodu,he will mention 90% of the people he has met in his lifetime. As for Segun Adeniyi,everybody is his brother and sister.

On another note,all the best in this pursuit of yours.After all said and done,you are walking the talk. Plenty of grace in your endeavours.

wondering where in the article i dropped name?

Well, if you think telling Ribadu I once interviewed Segun Adeniyi, is name-dropping, then I'm afraid you may need a course in marketing. That is called personal marketing - it gives credibility to my work and makes Ribadu feel more comfortable (knowing other people I have worked with in the past). This is a basic principle in marketing. If you refer to that as 'name-dropping', then I will surely drop more names, because I will definitely use Ribadu's interview to open further doors for other high profile interviews.

1 Like

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by promizchild: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jarus: JH: On a final and lighter note sir, let me go a bit into your personal life. How do you unwind? Do you do any sports? Which football club, if any, do you support?

NR: Well, I spent quite a lot of time reading. And if I’m not following news on TV, I may be with my family. Being with family is itself a relaxing moment. I must admit that I do a lot of physical exercises now that I’m getting old (laughs).

I watch a lot of sporting activities from football to tennis. In terms of supporting a team, I promoted a football club here in Abuja to premiership level when I was at the EFCC. I have always been passionate about football.

At the international level, I support Liverpool FC. I remain a loyal fan, not willing to walk alone despite the unfavourable seasons. I’m happy that we begin this season with a victory against Stoke City. It’s a sign of the good things ahead for the Reds!

Thanks for your time sir.

http://www.jarushub.com/i-am-a-liverpool-fan-ribadu-tells-jarushub/

Gud work but his political carrier/ambition is not disclosed?
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by Jarus(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
promizchild:

Gud work but his political carrier/ambition is not disclosed?

I tried to avoid politics as much as possible. Not being a political blogger, I don't post political stories on my platform.
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by VoteOutPDPJona: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
berem:
When are you going to interview Muhammadu Buhari?

LOO grin grin OOLL!
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by abokinside: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
NaijaNaWaa:

Bless u. Each time I read all these Ribadu nonesense I feel sorry for this country. The man is a living scam. His public service record is very easily accessible to any average reporter yet lazy youths and media keep recycling this same worn-out self serving PR narrative. This country is doomed for as long characters like Ribadu are celebrated as heroes.
But we fine with heroes like Gej, Pej, alams, ibori, akala, bala mohamed, anenih etc right? Its demons like you who get paid to destroy the few good ones weve got left that we should get rid of.

1 Like

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by NaijaNaWaa: 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
abokinside: But we fine with heroes like Gej, Pej, alams, ibori, akala, bala mohamed, anenih etc right? Its demons like you who get paid to destroy the few good ones weve got left that we should get rid of.

Until God cures ignorant youths like you, Nigeria can never move forward. Ignorance is worse than HIV and AIDS but unlike HIV/AIDS, you can cure ignorance by seeking knowledge.
In my comment I never mentioned GEJ or Ibori or any of the names you listed. Any country that considers the likes of Ribadu a hero is doomed forever.
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by mbulela: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jarus:

wondering where in the article i dropped name?

Well, if you think telling Ribadu I once interviewed Segun Adeniyi, is name-dropping, then I'm afraid you may need a course in marketing. That is called personal marketing - it gives credibility to my work and makes Ribadu feel more comfortable (knowing other people I have worked with in the past). This is a basic principle in marketing. If you refer to that as 'name-dropping', then I will surely drop more names, because I will definitely use Ribadu's interview to open further doors for other high profile interviews.
Abeg send me the number wey you promise,make we relate properly.That is more important to me. On this issue,I have said my own,you have said yours,case closed.
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by RedMullet: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
The difference is clear.....Mod yato si Mod....
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by anonimi: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jarus:

Anomini, with your standing on this forum, I'm surprised you made this statement.

If a company management, for strategic reason, decided to put on hold production for few months, the auotmatic interpretation is that it is getting money from illegitimate sources.

Seun decided (and announced publicly) to put advert on hold for some time, and you of all people are falling for the petty politicization of that action. He will lose not less than 1m in the 2 months adverts have been suspended, and you think he will be so stupid to do that because of politics.

Too bad.

Dear Jarus, I said "I hope for Seun's sake that it is not true." and also used the word IF in my post to express my doubt about the allegation while at the same time letting him know of the potential consequence of embarking on such route as someone who appreciates greatly the possibilities of this NL platform.
And thanks for giving me some standing.
Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by FindOut(m): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
booqee: dafuq?! U don't know me real life and i don't know u real life. I really don't care wat u think bout me. Its my achievement and purpose in the real world dat matters. I'm a political scientist and i know wat i meant when i said the interview is boring. I read every single word in the interview..There are many questions i expected to be asked but weren't there. Not dat jarus isn't doing a great job. Of course he is, i'm just blunt like dat, and i criticise things as i see them.
For the fact this is a faceless forum i'm free to 'be free' i really don't care bout ur opinion..u get. So if u like rant from today till tomorrow, guess wat?? it doesn't change the real life booqee. May be different to you, but to me nairaland is just nairaland. I have a life outside the internet.
When u done checking my profile lemme know.

OK. Just note that the online world is rapidly integrating even further into the real world. Its obvious. I hope you understand. Cheers.
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by micdmic: 7:21am On Aug 25, 2013
Maj. Headache:

Ribadau owns choice properties in Dubai with money he acquired during his reign as the head of the EFCC.

The level of daylight naked hypocrisy on display in this useless country is unbelievable.

The same ribadau that did OBJ's dirty witch hunting.

You guys either fell on your heads when you were babies or you are genetically daft!

Keep recycling rubbish and when the dung heap mounts don't complain about the stench.

Niggerians!
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by success9(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Maj. Headache:
@find out:

what about Tinibu? arguebly tinibu is the most corrupt politician after obasonjo.

(b)why do you choose to choose your trials?(/b)

if u r against corruption, then the likes of tinibu, fashola, buhari and babangida will be on your top list.

I am enjoyin d claims and counterclaims but i'll disagree wit u on d bolded... U will remember public office holders are overtly covered wit immunity. When Umaru came in, he chose not to prosecute anyone but called all to a meetin. D likes of Tinubu, Odili, et al were let loose
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by baba11(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
keep it up,Jarus!
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by MajHeadache: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Jarus:
So you think I need ads on my blog to make money? I'm currently organizing an offline conference under the aegis of my blog, and I'm taking out close to half a million Naira from my personal resources to fund the event without collecting a dime from participant.

Yes, if I make money from my blog, fine, but I have other sources of income that fetch me monthly pay that even a blogger with 1000 ads on his/her blog can never earn!

And Seun is also comfortable enough to do away with adverts (for overall strategic reason) for 2 months and don't mind the revenue loss. So why cry more than the bereaved?

liars!

Seun does not need the money abi? Thats why he isnt interested in attracting ads to his site.

we are all aware how many sticky frontpage posts he has made in the past about NL ad rates and also how many competitions he has organized for web ad designs in the past.

abegi!

SEUN and NL janitors are political jobbers looking to alausa for sustenance.-

As for you and your 500kay down payment to kick off a blog site , I can authoritatively tell you that you paid too much for some blog designer to get your latest amebo propaganda site going.

Goes a long way to re-enforce my original view that you guys including seun are nothing but grease monkey hacks. at best you are just script editors.

tomorrow some one go wonder why seun no reach zuckerberk .
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by OMA4U(m): 1:16am On Aug 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

liars!

Seun does not need the money abi? Thats why he isnt interested in attracting ads to his site.

we are all aware how many sticky frontpage posts he has made in the past about NL ad rates and also how many competitions he has organized for web ad designs in the past.

abegi!

SEUN and NL janitors are political jobbers looking to alausa for sustenance.-

As for you and your 500kay down payment to kick off a blog site , I can authoritatively tell you that you paid too much for some blog designer to get your latest amebo propaganda site going.

Goes a long way to re-enforce my original view that you guys including seun are nothing but grease monkey hacks. at best you are just script editors.

tomorrow some one go wonder why seun no reach zuckerberk .

This guy, na wa for you o! Leave dem make dem live their life now.

Either they want money or not, it's none of your business. Okay e? Your wahala too much na.
Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 27, 2013
Red_Mullet: The difference is clear.....Mod yato si Mod....

Ori e pe! This is what a moderator should be doing and not Afam who goes about campaigning by opening threads for Jonathan. mtscheeeew!!

1 Like

Re: Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu by MajHeadache: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2013
OMA4U:

This guy, na wa for you o! Leave dem make dem live their life now.

Either they want money or not, it's none of your business. Okay e? Your wahala too much na.

u never see wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations / Buhari Inaugurates 368km Roads Across Nigeria In Two Weeks / PDP Holds Rally In Isa LG, Sokoto State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.