Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack (2186 Views)

Emefiele-cbn Governor To Be Sack Anytime Soon / Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP / Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Datiboboi: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Census Chairman Has Been Consuming Too Much Alcohol And Should Be Sacked, Says Kwankwaso
Posted by: daniel on August 23, 2013

MR. FESTUS ODIMEGWU
Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State, on Fridday described the appointment of the chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC), Mr. Festus Odimegwu Odimegwu as a huge mistake for publicly ridiculing the results of the 2006 census.

Kwanwkaso, who made this known in a parley with State House correspondents after he met with President Goodluck Jonathan at the presidential villa, said if Odimegwu, a former Executive Director/CEO of Nigerian Breweries had not been drunk on some of his products, he would not have discredited the achievements of his predecessor in office.
He said, “We are not happy about that appointment and think that it was a mistake. Festus shouldn’t be there in the first place. Why; because, you see, unfortunately, somebody read his CV. He had only one thing in the alcohol industry, all his life. And my guess is that he’s taking a lot of his products and that is why we feel that his appointment is a mistake because he cannot be the chairman of NPC and at the same time be attacking what his predecessor had done.

“Even if it was wrong, he now has the good opportunity to correct it, but instead of doing that, he has been running around to discredit the 2006 census.”
Recalling his first encounter with Odimegwu, Kwankwaso said, “I just met that man when I was Minister of Defence, we had a military occasion in the East and just when we were about to finish, protocol came and told me that President Obasanjo had another thing to do, and I followed him and just went there and saw a big brewery.
“And they said he was the head but the way he was talking then, I knew immediately after the appointment that there was a mistake there.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/08/census-chairman-has-been-consuming-too-much-alcohol-and-should-be-sacked-says-kwankwaso.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by donpope1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wheather they like it or not next census must include state of origin, ethnicity and there shall be no Count of number of cows and goat!

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nebeuwa(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Why is a certain region worried about a census? Shouldn't we try to get an accurate number of each ethnicity and state?
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by ogb5(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
So the guy should be sacked for airing his view. I guess the guys view does not support the lie that the desert in Nigeria is more populated than the forest. Hence you are calling for his sack.

One thing is sure, sooner or later, the truth always comes out. The lie that the old kano state is more populated than Lagos state will be squashed someday.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by rabzy01: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Naturally one wonders: which one is credible. Is it the 2006 census or the 2011 election that brought the oga at the top who appointed this drunkard.
This reminds me of Adis ababa meeting where the oga at the top failed to show up for his speach during AU meeting becouse he was high on something. Any way, birds of the same feather always flock together.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by owolabifunke14(f): 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
According to the last census,the population of Kano is Bigger than that of Lagos.Something went wrong during that head counting exercise. Based on what my government teacher said,North has land mass mainly deserts not humanbeings.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
these northerners are so obsessed with population!
for obvious reasons of course
we shall know the truth
whether they like it or not
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by IGBOSON1: 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
ogb5: So the guy should be sacked for airing his view. I guess the guys view does not support the lie that the desert in Nigeria is more populated than the forest. Hence you are calling for his sack.

One thing is sure, sooner or later, the truth always comes out. The lie that the old kano state is more populated than Lagos state will be squashed someday.

^^^I think it's mind boggling how someone can wake up one morning and say that Kano is more populated than Lagos!......and the rest of us mugus will accept it just like that! And going on from this, they now litter the state with loads of LGAs that are mere cash cows for the states coffers and the pockets of their greedy thieving elite. These LGAs are normally where they train their young princes and scions for future state and national office; it's not unusual to find a LGA chairman of 24 years.

This was a state that had more LGAs than Lagos b/4 Jigawa was created; and after Jigawa was excised, they bumped up Kanos LGAs again so it was more than Lagos that didn't benefit in anyway from the state creation of the period. I've been to the north, and some of these LGAs (esp' those further from the cities and major towns) are at best tiny hamlets of not more than 3 thousand people.....and then vast open plains and semi-arid desert for miles.

We've been punked! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I think it's mind boggling how someone can wake up one morning and say that Kano is more populated than Lagos!......and the rest of us mugus will accept it just like that! And going on from this, they now litter the state with loads of LGAs that are mere cash cows for the states coffers and the pockets of their greedy thieving elite. These LGAs are normally where they train their young princes and scions for future state and national office; it's not unusual to find a LGA chairman of 24 years.

This was a state that had more LGAs than Lagos b/4 Jigawa was created; and after Jigawa was excised, they bumped up Kanos LGAs again so it was more than Lagos that didn't benefit in anyway from the state creation of the period. I've been to the north, and some of these LGAs (esp' those further from the cities and major towns) are at best tiny hamlets of not more than 3 thousand people.....and then vast open plains and semi-arid desert miles.

We've been punked! smiley

lol all these lies won't continue to go unchallenged.
i tell you, one of these days, even google will be able to give a rough estimate of population distribution in each country of the world.
the era of brazen population lies are ending
and understandably, those who want to continue living in pre-19th century world are getting upset
and scared! cheesy
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by musiwa1f: 3:17am On Aug 24, 2013
you can see the trouble , you will be facing about census and election.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by MayorofLagos(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2013
It amazes me that Igbos are not outraged at this call by Kwankwaso and even no one at the political leadership in SE has given any response, formal or informal, in defense of Odimegwu.

First, is Odimegwu not a Nigerian?

Second, is it not an insult to Igbo nation that a governor is harassing this man and calling for his termination?

Third, doesn't Igbo own 50% of Kano, where Kwankwaso is governor?

Fourth, when are we going to hear Ohanaeze, MASSOB, Obi and Kalu demand apology and issue an ultimatum to Kwankwaso and Hausa people?

Fifth, judging by their response in Lagos, isnt it true that if Kwankwaso had been Fashola Igbos would have raised hell?

Sixth, judging by the silence here, is it not evident that Igbo have a morbid fear of offending Hausa and would rather suck up this humiliation than voice their grievance?

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 24, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: It amazes me that Igbos are not outraged at this call by Kwankwaso and even no one at the political leadership in SE has given any response, formal or informal, in defense of Odimegwu.

Second, is it not an insult to Igbo nation that a governor is harassing this man and calling for his termination?

Fourth, when are we going to hear Ohanaeze, MASSOB, Obi and Kalu demand apology and issue an ultimatum to Kwankwaso and Hausa people?

Fifth, judging by their response in Lagos, isnt it true that if Kwankwaso had been Fashola Igbos would have raised hell?

Sixth, judging by the silence here, is it not evident that Igbo have a morbid fear of offending Hausa and would rather suck up this humiliation than voice their grievance?

What is there to respond when Odimegwu remains head of NPC? The fool who refused to recognise GEJ in a public function is now going behind closed doors, tail in between legs to beg GEJ not to expose them. Come 2016, Nigeria will have her first real census.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by kettykin: 8:07am On Aug 24, 2013
Better to have a drunkard conduct the census than a retard and a bigot do it. When Jerry ugokwe was the NPC chairman even though he was not a drunkard but a retired soldier, the North still manipulated obasanjo to remove him and we ended up with a census where religion and tribes were removed

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by AustineE1: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: It amazes me that Igbos are not outraged at this call by Kwankwaso and even no one at the political leadership in SE has given any response, formal or informal, in defense of Odimegwu.

we are nt that myopic to respond to issues pertaining individuals,Odumegwu can handle Kwankwaso but nt when your governor insulted our sensibility by deporting vibrant igbos or when that junky Kayode insulted ndi-igbo!Odumegwu like most igbos in service of this nation,must and as always deliver and the truth shall once again reign over the land.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by gbadexy(m): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2013
There already is a problem.
The north won't accept the result of the census.
Its already going to be a futile effort.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Amanwulu1(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
dat's why I like gej, he gives u a job and he is self restrained enough not to interfere. Dis is a trait of a strong character bt d ignorant call it weakness bt my ppl say dat a man of strong character is stronger dan a man of strong arms. So long as gej is d presido, odimegwu'll do d authentic head count come 2016 bc gej doesn't succumb 2 pressure easily. Nigeria is blesd 2 hv a man like gej as her presido now.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by teskyg: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2013
This Ram called Kwachikor should please read up the profile of Festus and compare to his HND Polytecnic qualification.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by rabzy01: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2013
If paper qualification is anything to go by, GEJ would have been the best performing leader Nigeria ever had and there wouldn't have been any strike in our universities.
If paper qualification is everything, there wouldn't have been corruption in our universities.

teskyg: This Ram called Kwachikor should please read up the profile of Festus and compare to his HND Polytecnic qualification.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2013
Whether he likes it or not,what d NPC boss said is something we all are aware of and of course is d obvious truth. Kwankwaso is insane.It beats my imagination why of all the ethnic groups in Nigeria,d hausa man is more woried by the NPC's boss utterance and thus feel insecured when in actually he made no mention of an ethnic group but a general opinion of the cencors.
To quote an excerpt from d Festus Odumegu d NPC boss
"No cencus has beem credible in Nigeria since 1816. Even the one conducted in 2006 is not credible. I have the records and evidence produced by scholars and proffessors of repute. This is not my report. if the current laws are not amended, the planned 2016 census will not succeed."
Indeed, they are afraid of a credible census.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by ejiyke2007(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2013
This statement is obtained from the leaves of the coca plant,igbo,ogogoro,gun aboki nemesis must catch you this time around Kwakwaso GOODMORNING
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by ejiyke2007(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2013

He still in charge nothing mega
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Sec5(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2013

You be wan talk like a mature man but you come reach end come shit for your post,with due respect you are a bigot bro.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
THIS ORIGIN AND RELIGION THING THEY WANT TO ADD TO THE CENSUS WOULD ONLY DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD, I CAN BET YOU NO BODY WOULD ACCEPT THE RESULTS.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by DerideGull(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2013

You seemed to have cut a niche in misplacing priorities. There is no doubt your silly conception about things around your backwater sets you on a wrong course. Ndigbo are not petty noisemakers and do not arrogate err of character to themselves. Since Nigeria’s independence, the people known for political noises can not be traced to Alaigbo.

It has never been the style of Ndigbo to kill their guests or engage in the act of arson to compensate their political or religious misfortunes. It is arrant nonsense for normal human to remotely insinuates that Igbo nation should be on a war path because one ill-formed novice expresses his wish to have an Igbo person dismissed from a position.

I guess your issue would have been the character such as Kwankwosa as governor of any state in Nigeria. The governor is free to express his idiotic opinions. The fool perpetuates the fact that anything seemingly good in Nigeria is bad.

Mr. Festus Odimegwu has seen it fit that ethnicity and religion should be integral part of Nigerian census and rightfully so I may add. Nigerians should begin to wash away all forms of falsehood that have beclouded the country for so long. If the truth about the cesspit called Nigeria could lead to its disintegration, I say good radiance.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by uncleu(m): 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2013

It is non of those my dear. We know that nobody is removing him. All gang up against Igbos will fail.Remember Ms Oteh is still at the security and exchange commission after a budget freeze. Remember Princess Uduah is busy renovating our airports despite all noise. Mrs Iweala is managing our finance despite all. What of Mrs Madueke? Last time I checked she is still in charge of the oil sector.Some Nigerians just yet don't get it. We wanted out but you people refused yet you are so scared of us.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by BlackPikiN(m): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
Why is money(tax) collected from the breweries in Nigeria shared and given to sharia states?

Is that not blood alcohol money in the koran?

If I were Jonathan I will deduct all the money paid to all the sharia states from the day Zamfara claimed to be a sharia state.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by MayorofLagos(m): 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Okoro2015:

What is there to respond when Odimegwu remains head of NPC? The fool who refused to recognise GEJ in a public function is now going behind closed doors, tail in between legs to beg GEJ not to expose them. Come 2016, Nigeria will have her first real census.

Yes, in 2016 we shall have a real census led by an appointee of the ruling APC.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by Kingspin(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
Kano Gov. is a compound fool for not acknowledging the truth.
Re: Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack by MeAboki(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Brainless, headless chickens, hardly any sensible comment relevant to the topic, mostly stereotypical hogwash. SMH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackrevolution: Winnie Mandela Have This To Say About Her Late Ex-husband!!!! / Why Did Apc Not Caution Rochas For Declaring Yesterday / We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.