Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Holy Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Trinity (1233 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy Trinity by amichaelz(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
During baptism, it is believed that we have God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit... In quote "holy trinity"... I thought it shud be "holy unity" cos God is one.. Pls shed more light on this..
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
Well when you're talking about Holy unity' you're still referring to Trinity because Trinity was derived from these words Tri-u-nity

Tri-signfices Three, any figure that has three bounded side can be regarded as one straight line when it being cut anywhere.

That's the mystery of Trinity.

1 Like

Re: Holy Trinity by bizmahn: 5:09am On Aug 24, 2013
Trinity can simply be likened to a PERFECT SCENARIO husband & wife relationship.The two become one yet they are seperate personalities & the husband is the head.In the trinity three are one in PERFECT UNITY,PURITY,PURPOSE etc but they arethree distinct personalities & the fatheris the head.If trinity is not the name you prefer for this,give it another worthy name & its all the same thing.
Re: Holy Trinity by amichaelz(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2013
Nw i get.. It just an argument here.. That y must they God the father,God the son,and God the holy spirit. when been baptized
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 7:06am On Aug 24, 2013
bizmahn: Trinity can simply be likened to a PERFECT SCENARIO husband & wife relationship.The two become one yet they are seperate personalities & the husband is the head. In the trinity three are one in PERFECT UNITY,PURITY,PURPOSE etc but they are three distinct personalities & the father is the head.If trinity is not the name you prefer for this, give it another worthy name & its all the same thing.

The major misconception in Trinity is the @bolded part above.

Trinity isn't a three seperate Beings but one Being.

*Jesus is the Spoken-word of God
* Holyspirit is the Spirit of God Himself

As human being has spirit and word in himself which represents them anywhere anytime.
Re: Holy Trinity by PastorOluT(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2013
Emusan:

As human being has spirit and word in himself which represents them anywhere anytime.
Good day bro,
But the bible clearly shows that there are three different personalities, so explain further pls?
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Good day bro,
But the bible clearly shows that there are three different personalities, so explain further pls?

Morning bro.

The bible does not clearly teach that there are three different personalities who makeup one God - this is polytheism.
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2013
Emusan:

really.....so in a way, Jesus Christ is God himself, right? God in his younger form I guess..... does this even make sense
Re: Holy Trinity by scaler345: 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Trinity my black y.ansh! This xtian doctrine is one of the many dat always amazes me. What makes it doubly amazing is people employing hilarious explanations to back their ludicrous claim. No wonder u can hardly see two xtian agreeing on what trinity means. By d way, the only Trinity I know na for Matrix.
Re: Holy Trinity by scaler345: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
Oops, I got it. God was originally in heaven, he then transported himself to earth, he got himself killed, transported himself back to heaven while promising to send himself back again in few days as a spirit: D.amn! It's getting confusing.

Wait .... who was ruling heaven when God was getting himself killed?

1 Like

Re: Holy Trinity by Judas2013: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
The whole christian doctrine is fake. Only the intelligent will know that
Re: Holy Trinity by PastorOluT(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
frosbel:

Morning bro.

The bible does not clearly teach that there are three different personalities who makeup one God - this is polytheism.
So bro what do u say about the three, God the Father, Jesus, n the Holy Ghost?
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Judas2013: The whole christian doctrine is fake. Only the intelligent will know that
you could not have said it any better.... the Christians were challenged on this thread:
www.nairaland.com/1020513/exposed-jesus-christ-greatest-lie
all the could do was throw childish temper tantrums.
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Good day bro,

They are three from one God not that Holyspirit exists on His own, Jesus(the Word) exists on His own, and the Father exists on His own.

Or the three have different background is the same God who changed His own WORD into flesh John 1:14 and sent out His own Spirit John 15:26 both the Word and the Spirit has the same IMAGE of the invisible Father in any of their operations.

Shalom!
Re: Holy Trinity by PastorOluT(m): 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Judas2013: The whole christian doctrine is fake. Only the intelligent will know that

Sorry U can't just understand?
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
rhymz: really.....so in a way, Jesus Christ is God himself, right?

You're right.

God in his younger form I guess..

Never guess God in His own Word.

does this even make sense

Honestly it does, because God is non-contingent being.

Shalom!
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
With this single pagan doctrine of 3 gods, millions are shut out of the kingdom of GOD .

Muslims reject this pagan myth, Jews reject this pagan myth, but churchianity members are comfortable with this illogical mystery , even though millions remain unsaved because of it.
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lemme still repost here what i told you frosbel in the Trinitarian disrespect for God thread.

This is what the bible says about God and i can bring scriptures to validates all these points here.

1.The Father is God.
2.The Son is God.
3.The Father is not the Holy Spirit.
4.The Holy Spirit is God.
5.The son is not the Holy Spirit.

All these points are scriptural proofs which can't be debunked by you and other folks till thy kingdom come because it is clearly stated in scriptures.Infact i make bold to say here that it is the concept of the unitarian God that is illogical.Frosbel use to argue here that God is just a spirit,well if God is just a spirit he will be no greater than the angels since that is all the angels are,and lucifer will have a chance in the war in heaven if God is only a spirit.

I believe God to be more than just a spirit since he created all the angels and that was why i said the infinite God is beyond what our finite minds can grasp.

All monotheistic religions claim that God is all-knowing(omniscient). If God knows all He must be able to see everything and then He must be everywhere all at once which makes God omnipresence.Now the meat of the gist is that if God is omnipresent he will have to be greater than our 3 dimensional world because a 3 dimensional being can never be omnipresent.In other words God is hyper dimensional or infinitely dimensional,let's see what prophet Isaiah has to say about this.

Isaiah 40:28 (KJV)

28 Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding.

Isaiah 40:28 (CEB)

28 Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the creator of the ends of the earth.
He doesn’t grow tired or weary.
His understanding is beyond human reach,

Isaiah 40:28

28 Surely you know the truth.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever!
He created all the faraway places on earth.
He does not get tired and weary.
You cannot learn all he knows.

The truth is since we are 3 dimensional beings we have a limit in our understanding logically about a hyper dimensional being such as God.For example a two dimensional world will never understand that a square can be made like a cube,it will only look like a sqaure to him no matter where it changes so he has to trust and believe the explanations of someone living in a 3 dimensional world that the square is actually a cube.And so is God attributes in hyper dimensional terms according to scriptures,Paul understood it and that was why he said the multifaceted and multidimensional wisdom of God which the age does not know neither could it comprehend it.The concept of trinity by bible scholars of old is hence the perfect explanations of the attributes of God as a hyper dimensional idea that can be explainable to us.Thanks and God bless.

https://www.nairaland.com/1318987/trinitarian-disrespect-god/10#16990348
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Trinity doctrine is not unique to, nor
original with Christianity.
It has deep Pagan roots, dating back to at
least two centuries before the birth of
Christ, and has been prominent in many
Eastern religions ever since. The Roman
Catholic and Orthodox Church Councils
(Western and Eastern churches) brought the
Trinity doctrine into Christianity.
The whole Godhead ideology is pure man-
made dogma rooted from Roman and
Grecian Empire pegan practice and made
extremely popular by the then Empiror of
Rome Constantin for political reasons.
Up until the rule of Emperor Constantine,
the Christians of the Roman Empire were
seriously persecuted. However, Constantine
saw a chance to help restore the former
glory of the Roman Empire by bringing
about religious unity. In exchange for the
cooperation of the Roman Christian Bishops
he made Christianity the official state
religion. But this came at a great cost to
the true gospel of Jesus Christ. From there
forward Christianity became a mixture of
the Christian blind faith, Politics and
Paganism.
One of the most common beliefs among
Pagan cultures was in a trinity of gods.
Such practices were rife among the
Egyptians, Indians (of India), Japanese,
Sumarians, Chaldeans, and of course, the
Babylonians, to where historians trace the
roots of trinitarism.
I will like you to do a little history research
on the council of Nicaea convened by the
empror of Rome, Constantine inviting the
proponents of a triun God led by Alexander
of Alexandria (Bishop of Alexandria) with
other bishops from egypt and libya who
supported his teachings that Christ was
"thesame substance" as the Father and the
proponents of One true God led by Arius, a
native Libyan, who went to school in
Antioch. He argued that the Father alone is
true God, and Jesus was not God. Since
Jesus was created by God, there would be
a time when Jesus did not exist, Arius used
Proverbs 8:22 and John 14:28 (the Father is
greater than I) to back up his opposition.
The result of that meeting was today's
roman catholic Nicene creed and
subsequent revisions of the creed plus the
excommunication of Arius whose teachings
were more reasonable and more in line with
what was in the bible and not the common
egyptian pagan practice of a three in one
God. Funny enough, the Roman emperor
Constatine, who was the "presiding
chairman" of the council and was reported
by historians to have even given
suggestions that helped to arrive at today's
Roman Catholic Nicene creed was a Pegan
who thought of himself as the sun God
incarnate, Mithra. He was a Sun Worshiper
and only made an official conversion to
"Christianity" on his deathbed. After the
Nicene creed, trinity was still hotly debated
to the point Constantine and the Bishops
had to use force to enforce beliefs in it and
barred anyone from preaching anything
contrary to it, books written on the subject
by Arius were burnt and anyone found in
possession of such writings faced state
capital punishment and from there it
became today's christian doctrines hotly
contested as devine by christians like
yourself.
There it is, the little history of the
nonsensical three person in one god
teachings by the roman catholic church, this
is common history littered in the vatican
archives and encyclopaedia, there is nothing
devine or mysterious about it, men like you
and I made it look mysterious to dodge
pertinent questions. It was a vote of men
that established it, not revelation from God
or scriptures.
Just as they“Christianized” popular church
dogma, thus we end up with Christmas
being celebrated on Dec 25th; Easter, which
combined the resurrection of Christ with the
pagan goddess Ester, and Halloween
combined with All Saint’s Day. Spiritual
mysteries indeed!
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Bidam: Lemme still repost here what i told you frosbel in the Trinitarian disrespect for God thread.

This is what the bible says about God and i can bring scriptures to validates all these points here.

1.The Father is God.
2.The Son is God.
3.The Father is not the Holy Spirit.
4.The Holy Spirit is God.
5.The son is not the Holy Spirit.

All these points are scriptural proofs which can't be debunked by you and other folks till thy kingdom come because it is clearly stated in scriptures.Infact i make bold to say here that it is the concept of the unitarian God that is illogical.Frosbel use to argue here that God is just a spirit,well if God is just a spirit he will be no greater than the angels since that is all the angels are,and lucifer will have a chance in the war in heaven if God is only a spirit.

I believe God to be more than just a spirit since he created all the angels and that was why i said the infinite God is beyond what our finite minds can grasp.

All monotheistic religions claim that God is all-knowing(omniscient). If God knows all He must be able to see everything and then He must be everywhere all at once which makes God omnipresence.Now the meat of the gist is that if God is omnipresent he will have to be greater than our 3 dimensional world because a 3 dimensional being can never be omnipresent.In other words God is hyper dimensional or infinitely dimensional,let's see what prophet Isaiah has to say about this.

Isaiah 40:28 (KJV)

28 Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding.

Isaiah 40:28 (CEB)

28 Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the creator of the ends of the earth.
He doesn’t grow tired or weary.
His understanding is beyond human reach,

Isaiah 40:28

28 Surely you know the truth.
Surely you have heard.
The Lord is the God who lives forever!
He created all the faraway places on earth.
He does not get tired and weary.
You cannot learn all he knows.

The truth is since we are 3 dimensional beings we have a limit in our understanding logically about a hyper dimensional being such as God.For example a two dimensional world will never understand that a square can be made like a cube,it will only look like a sqaure to him no matter where it changes so he has to trust and believe the explanations of someone living in a 3 dimensional world that the square is actually a cube.And so is God attributes in hyper dimensional terms according to scriptures,Paul understood it and that was why he said the multifaceted and multidimensional wisdom of God which the age does not know neither could it comprehend it.The concept of trinity by bible scholars of old is hence the perfect explanations of the attributes of God as a hyper dimensional idea that can be explainable to us.Thanks and God bless.

https://www.nairaland.com/1318987/trinitarian-disrespect-god/10#16990348
.......bullshyt
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
rhymz: .......bullshyt
Ignorance and unbelief is not an excuse.Give your life to Jesus.
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
Bidam: Ignorance and unbelief is not an excuse.Give your life to Jesus.
see who is ttalking about ignorance when the entire Christiandom can't even come to an agreement on the subject of trinity.
Jesus is God
Holy spirit is God
The father is God......three different personalities all claiming to be God with equal powers and coexistence......yet in the creation report of the old testament, God seem to claim he alone exists and created the world
Thesame bible in the New testament goes on yo talk about the word and all that carp theory.....
let me ask you this, is Jesus Christ begotten or not?
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
rhymz: see who is ttalking about ignorance when the entire Christiandom can't even come to an agreement on the subject of trinity.
Jesus is God
Holy spirit is God
The father is God......three different personalities all claiming to be God with equal powers and coexistence......yet in the creation report of the old testament, God seem to claim he alone exists and created the world
Thesame bible in the New testament goes on yo talk about the word and all that carp theory.....
let me ask you this, is Jesus Christ begotten or not?
Are you ready to accept Christ as your Lord and personal saviour?
Re: Holy Trinity by Judas2013: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Sorry U can't just understand?

no you actually lack understanding at this point
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 5:58am On Aug 25, 2013
Bidam: Are you ready to accept Christ as your Lord and personal saviour?
nope cos I don't know who the nigga is, can you prove yo me that you know who this Jesus is or what he looks like besides the incoherent gibberish that is rife in the bible. can you explain why w,loving father will send his only begotten son to be murdered by thesame people he came to the world to save from his father's wrath. why dis God need Jesus to die just so he, God can be appeased......does he really need Jesus's death to fix things or is the whole story just a rehashed allegory of the well known and well documented pagan myth and belief systems of dying deities whose deaths bring salvation and redemption to its followers? who really was Jesus sef, a true historical person or a personified myth?
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 25, 2013
rhymz: nope cos I don't know who the nigga is, can you prove yo me that you know who this Jesus is or what he looks like besides the incoherent gibberish that is rife in the bible. can you explain why w,loving father will send his only begotten son to be murdered by thesame people he came to the world to save from his father's wrath. why dis God need Jesus to die just so he, God can be appeased......does he really need Jesus's death to fix things or is the whole story just a rehashed allegory of the well known and well documented pagan myth and belief systems of dying deities whose deaths bring salvation and redemption to its followers? who really was Jesus sef, a true historical person or a personified myth?
You re deviating from the purpose of the thread,why not open a new thread so we discuss this.
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2013
rhymz: The Trinity doctrine is not unique to, nor
original with Christianity. It has deep Pagan roots, dating back to at least two centuries before the birth of Christ, and has been prominent in many Eastern religions ever since. The Roman
Catholic and Orthodox Church Councils (Western and Eastern churches) brought the
Trinity doctrine into Christianity.

Just a one question on quoted part above. When they brought the ideaology of Trinity into Christendom, do they re-write Bible or still the same Bible we seen today?

The simple Trinity is this;

*Father-Is the God Himself.
*Son(word/Jesus)-Is the spoken-word of God Himself.
*Holyspirit-The spirit of God Himself.

These three are one! Both the word(Jesus) and the Holyspirit always have IMAGE of invisible God(Father) in any of their operation.

Jesus Himself comformed Trinity in John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

He used WE (Personal Singular Pronouns), how many people He's talking about?

Also He used OUR (Possesive Adjective), how many people He's also talking about?

Shalom!
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Emusan:

Just a one question on quoted part above. When they brought the ideaology of Trinity into Christendom, do they re-write Bible or still the same Bible we seen today?

The simple Trinity is this;

*Father-Is the God Himself.
*Son(word/Jesus)-Is the spoken-word of God Himself.
*Holyspirit-The spirit of God Himself.

These three are one! Both the word(Jesus) and the Holyspirit always have IMAGE of invisible God(Father) in any of their operation.

Jesus Himself comformed Trinity in John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

He used WE (Personal Singular Pronouns), how many people He's talking about?

Also He used OUR (Possesive Adjective), how many people He's also talking about?

Shalom!
Dude what exactly is your point? You seem to be ignorantly claiming that the bible is inerrant or has not been severally altered and distorted.
If seriously you are interested about the theology and historicity of the trinity doctrine, then you will take your time to read about the Nicene Creed and about the Libyan scholar Arius that argued against the concept of a three in one God, as if ma commercial detergent
Re: Holy Trinity by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
Jesus made a statement :

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." - Mark 12:29

God is ONE, not TWO and certainly not THREE.
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
rhymz: Dude what exactly is your point?

The point you see above.

You seem to be ignorantly claiming that the bible is inerrant or has not been severally altered and distorted.

Just simple question you couldn't give simple answer.

If seriously you are interested about the theology and historicity of the trinity doctrine,

I don't have interest thanks, I read my little King James Version and understood It.

then you will take your time to read about the Nicene Creed and about the Libyan scholar Arius that argued against the concept of a three in one God, as if ma commercial detergent

I rejected the word 'Trinity' many years ago when Bible is not too clear to me, but now this is what I called my own Trinity:

*Father-The God Himself
*Son(Word/Jesus)-The spoken-word of God Himself
*Holyspirit-The Spirit of God Himself.

The same God who send His own word into the world in person of Jesus and santified the Gentiles with His own Spirit.

So there are three in one.

Shalom!
Re: Holy Trinity by Emusan(m): 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
frosbel: Jesus made a statement :

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." - Mark 12:29

God is ONE, not TWO and certainly not THREE.

This is what you missed;

*Father - is the God Himself
*Son(word/Jesus) - is the spoken-word of God-Father (the word of God sent into the world in person of Jesus Christ)
*Holyspirit - is the Spirit of Father Himself.

Nobody can seperate these three from each other simple.
Unless if you want to deny the existence of the three above.

Salom!
Re: Holy Trinity by rhymz(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2013
@Emusan
I would have taken you seriously with your own concoction of the trinity if you were talking about an African deity, say sango or amadioha and likes but if we are still talking about this Roman-Greeko God-Man Jesus Christ then you are not allowed to manufacture your own facts and personal opinions.

Now if I were to follow your greatly flawed logic, God, Jesus and the holyghost are all these person in different form that coexist and are coeternal and equally powerful, right?
I have some interesting questions for you, I want to show you the folly of your own argument,
1. Is Jesus Christ Begotten, yes or know?
2. If Jesus is God then who exactly is the Father that he so fondly refers to every time he is making a point about heaven, himself or a separate higher person or deity?
3. Does God have a spirit? If yes then in what form does he exist as God, another spirit too?

Now let's take some of the biblical verses that clearly showed that Jesus is nowhere thesame as God, not that I believe the incoherence rife on the bible but I just feel I should take you up on the incongruity of such belief system.
In Acts 7:55,56 and col 3:1, we are told that Jesus is seated at the right hand of God in heaven.This
statement is very simplistic and very clear that
there are two separate people here not coexisting as one but as separate deities.
How about the book of John 8: 7-18, where Jesus
wanted to make it very clear that Jesus and God
are two separate beings. It reads "It is written in
your law, that the testimony of TWO men is true.
I am one that bear witness of myself, and the
father that sent me beareth of me." If Jesus and
God are one in the same, Jesus wouldn't have
been able to make that statement.
How about Rev. 5:7: And he (the lamb, Jesus)
came and took the book out of the right hand of
him that sat on the throne (God).
I await your response, if you can intelligently respond to these questions with out throwing childish temper tantrums then we can fully explore this discussion to its fullest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hapi New Yr Y'al. Post D Theme For D New Yr / The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story / King Of Comedy, Ali Baba Blasts Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.