Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha (13385 Views)

Defection Of 5 PDP Governors Ensured Victory For APC — Okorocha / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by VoteOutPDPJona: 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Zona.com:
Soludo is my candidate but from the look of things he might not contest come nov 16.
As it is now, ngige is about the only other better candidate. I might end up casting my vote for ngige though am ashamed that APC would end up ruling Anambra state. APGA IS TO BLAME

APGAPDP is to blame!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by ignis: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
gramci: Tears won't save you if you doubt me ask buhari
Yes Indeed..... Buhari has got much experience on that.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
DerideGull:

I really considered it a waste of time and bandwidth to respond to posts such as above. It is plain display of recklessness and total regardless of basic human right as even entrenched in Nigerian constitution to forcefully relocate a citizen of Nigeria under any guise.
It beats the pearl of decency and average human intellect to note the perpetrator of such ra.pe on human right masquerades as a SAN. What a country. I now know Nigeria is not called a jungle for nothing.

In all that you have said, does it not disturb u that after all said and done by the anti-Deportation/Human right latterday activists from Peter Obi to Orji Uzor Kalu who want us to see the act as gross abuse of human right, None of them after issuing ultimatums and threatning lawsuits indeed approached the law courts to enforce the 'fundamental right' of the 'deportees'? Had they done that it would have gone a long way to put this matter to conclusion but knowing fully well that the constitution was not breached in any way except that the modus operandi of the LASG might not be right,they shied away from going to court!

It should be clear to you that some so called leaders just wanted to play dirty politics simplicita and keep the Igbo perpetually in a frenzied/combative state against their more accomodating tribe while they smile to the bank or keep political power perpetually

But for me I believe Ikemba would have summoned or sought audience in private with Fashola and advised him the best way to go about it as a father and a detribalised Nigerian who have business and political interest across both sides of the divide

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by funshint(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
DerideGull:

Have you heard that all politics are local? You are right on the comment of being too personal. It is either you are blissfully myopic as an observer or Ngige is a pathological goofy politician. If Ngige really sought to lead any Igbo person or even learned, he would have publicly lambasted Lagos State government for the contravention of certain human rights of the people it deported which is granted in the Nigerian constitution regardless the tribal hue of the deportees.

It is even worrisome that few of the deportees were indigenes of Anambra State yet the Mr. Ngige is seeking to lead the people of Anambra State as governor. If he could not, at least, cough at the idiocy perpetrated by Lagos State led moronic B Fashola for deporting fellow Nigerians, then Ngige will go to sleep as governor of Anambra State if indigenes of his state are brutalized by an APC- controlled state.

I really do not give a hoot what party Ojukwu would have joined. After all, he joined NPN and could not lift a mere senatorial seat from his federal constituency when Ojukwu was taken to the cleaners by out-of-state resident named Onwudiwe.
I can now see U̶̲̥̅̊'re a political neophyte! So U̶̲̥̅̊'re saying Ngige shld publicly lambast Fashola; a fellow party man?! Then what will that tell of Ngige's ambition and party image. U̶̲̥̅̊'re truly a learner; go and sleep.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
Please, I need someone to tell me in clear terms, what is wrong in Rochas or any Igbo man/woman joining APC?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by playmode(m): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
You got to love igbos eh? When Okorocha was contesting under the AGPA banner he was praised beyond anything.Even when he made obviously ridiculous decisions like appointing a Commisioner/Assistant on lagos affairs ,comedy affairs and even a female special assistant with no specific job description ,the IGBOS were praising him.Now they hate him not because of the obvious blunders he has made during his leadership ,not because he has not delivered much to his state but only because he crossed over to a supposed Yoruba party.Is is not crystal clear to anyone who cares to be honest with themselves that most IGBOS are not very intellgent? Is it not clear to most thinking people why IGBOS always get the short end of the stick.I have never seen a tribe that is so confused and self defeating like IGBOS.It is true that most IGBOS will sell their mothers for a plate of Porridge.They are are their own worst enemies because they lack the intelligence to make rational decisions or see thing for what they are.All they do is chest beat ,boast ,whine,rant like wild animals and screw themselves over and over again like a broken record.I am so glad i am not IGBO because dumb negroes will always be dumb negroes no matter how educated they are are or how many chieftaincy titles they have.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by VoteOutPDPJona: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
REHOZIBAH:
How absolutely trashy and baseline infantile can some people get? So in a plural and multi ethnic society like Nigeria, some of you still cling unto tribal and ethnic vituperations despite the fact that even the reverred Dim Ojukwu was a member of and chairman Board of Trustee of the All Peoples Party(APP and later ANPP) a core Hausa party(party consisting of the tribe that killed his people if we are to reason like the youths of nowadays)

What if APC wins power at the centre and there are no high ranking Igbos in it to canvass for democratic dividend to the SE there, the political alienation you would face would be better imagined. So its better for some to be in the PDP and some in the APC and whichever of the parties that wins power,then the SEners will be sure of adequate representation but to think that you don't wanna have anything to do with APC is political naivety

What I have highlighted above is the mindset of pragmatic and visionary politicians which Rochas,Ngige,Annie and Izunaso are which made them to join APC as we all know that the APGA you all are sentimentally attached to is being deliberately presented to be raped by the PDP and Presidency by SE leaders for selfish purposes

Good observation.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by oonwuali(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Okorocha , bear ur cross and do not insult Ojukwu because I can bet with my life that Ojukwu would not have anything to do with APC if he was alife .
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
In response to the topic.

Rochas Okorocha needs a tutorial on what is going on. He is either ignorant or living in denial

He says the broom is a symbol of Igbo Identity? Hellooooo? in what folk culture? Is it now the Igbos who use broom to stir the soup?

He says Igbos will be Vice President or Senate President or APC chairman if APC wins and that an Igbo currently holds the position of APC vice chairman but under PDP he claims enslaves the Igbos there was Vincent Ogbulafor who was PDP Chairman, under PDP there were the likes of Okadigbo, Nnamani, Anyim, Enwerem, who were all Senate Presidents, so what exactly is Rochas okorocha talking about?

what Ndigbo need right now are not mere political offices, we need to create an Economic hub in the East and rather use his office as Governor to do this in Imo State Rochas okorocha has simply used his office as a platform for political adventures.

This is total disregard for the Imo State people who voted him to office!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by DerideGull(m): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

In all that you have said, does it not disturb u that after all said and done by the anti-Deportation/Human right latterday activists from Peter Obi to Orji Uzor Kalu who want us to see the act as gross abuse of human right, None of them after issuing ultimatums and threatning lawsuits indeed approached the law courts to enforce the 'fundamental right' of the 'deportees'? Had they done that it would have gone a long way to put this matter to conclusion but knowing fully well that the constitution was not breached in any way except that the modus operandi of the LASG might not be right,they shied away from going to court!

It should be clear to you that some so called leaders just wanted to play dirty politics simplicita and keep the Igbo perpetually in a frenzied/combative state against their more accomodating tribe while they smile to the bank or keep political power perpetually

But for me I believe Ikemba would have summoned or sought audience in private with Fashola and advised him the best way to go about it as a father and a detribalised Nigerian who have business and political interest across both sides of the divide

The above post has confirmed what I believed that Nigeria is an empty expression. In a civilized society, a forceful relocation of a citizen of a country should have been challenged by the Justice department of the country before the so-called politicians start to circle the wagon.

I do not give a ratazz what the so-called politicians wish to accomplish. My beef lies with a character named Babatunde Fashola who ignorantly parades as a SAN yet contravenes a major clause in Nigerian constitution that sought to protect human decency. What stops Lagos State government from deporting an affluent-looking citizen of Nigeria? Being a destitute or poverty stricken does not make a person less of human being.

I only pray death for Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by yomexp(m): 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
as for those whining about the deportation of ibos. have they bothered to asked what in specific terms has obi done to ameliorate the plight of the alleged deportees?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Bensonn: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
oonwuali: Okorocha , bear ur cross and do not insult Ojukwu because I can bet with my life that Ojukwu would not have anything to do with APC if he was alife .

you will bet your life? Hmmmmn i think you may die of useless bet soon, and i think 'bookies' will like you so much, because you will bet a huge fortune for sometin you are not sure and whap!!! You will lose, didnt you hear that ojukwu joined NPN(shagari party) in 1983 and contested with onwudiwe's NPP(Zik's party) and was defeated by NPP?......didnt you remember that Ojukwu was a BOT member of ANPP(a die-in-wool hausa party) and only left Anpp for APGA a party formed be chekwas okorie for his presidential ambition in 2003? Please and please do not bet on things you are not so sure of, perhaps you are not serious about betting your life...... SMH Ojukwu is my kinsman.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Whatever weed this nigga is smoking must be of the highest and rarest quality. Make assumptions pulled outta his azz undecided
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by DerideGull(m): 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
funshint:
I can now see U̶̲̥̅̊'re a political neophyte! So U̶̲̥̅̊'re saying Ngige shld publicly lambast Fashola; a fellow party man?! Then what will that tell of Ngige's ambition and party image. U̶̲̥̅̊'re truly a learner; go and sleep.

I can categorically say that above post is borne out of idiocy and lacks political prudence. According to your infantile drivel, Ngige should be asking APC, Fashola and Yoruba to vote him in as governor of Anambra state not the people of Anambra State.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Chesman10(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
My question is 'why are our best politicians [ okorocha, ngige etc] in boko haram party [APC ]
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by VoteOutPDPJona: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
DerideGull:
It is plain display of recklessness and total regardless of basic human right as even entrenched in Nigerian constitution to forcefully relocate a citizen of Nigeria under any guise.
It beats the pearl of decency and average human intellect to note the perpetrator of such ra.pe on human right masquerades as a SAN. What a country. I now know Nigeria is not called a jungle for nothing.

I wish you could right away condemn president Jonathan,who, before Fashola, forcefully relocated many Nigerian citizens out of Abuja. I'm not surprised President Jonathan has not, up till now, come out to condemn Fashola. He dares not. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by jpphilips(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
Donchyke39:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19873-ojukwu-would-have-been-the-first-to-join-apc-okorocha.html

who doesn't know? in 2009, ojukwu planned a coalition with Tofa, Atiku, tinubu etc, so wots the fuss?
is that why a jobless Governor should be interrogating the dead?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Neatboy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
I am beginning to deslike Rochas, he is becoming too ambitious and selfish to my liking. Every of his comments are just pointing toward his presidential ambition. He has a mandate and a mission that must be fulfilled before anything. Its no crime to look ahead but look ahead with the telescope of morality and selflessness. Remember that in Nigeria if you're too ambitious you're going nowhere. Ask MKO Abiola, Atiku, Buhari, Odili, Awolowo etc
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Zet72(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
Na God go punish that aboki called okorocha for mentioning Ojukwu's name in his useless campaign. Traitor
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by ravensckar(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
How absolutely trashy and baseline infantile can some people get? So in a plural and multi ethnic society like Nigeria, some of you still cling unto tribal and ethnic vituperations despite the fact that even the reverred Dim Ojukwu was a member of and chairman Board of Trustee of the All Peoples Party(APP and later ANPP) a core Hausa party(party consisting of the tribe that killed his people if we are to reason like the youths of nowadays) knowing fully well that no single ethnic group can afford to stand alone politically but would need others to help achieve it political aspirations.

I can not but agree more... As it's often said, Necessity breaks all laws. wat cld av made an Awo propose an alliance wit Zik? Bola Tinubu wit Buhari! Necessity I gues! Doz who undstnd politics vry wel wil rmbr vividly dt an Alliance is usually nt borne out of lov or similarities in ideologies. bt rathr,out of Necessity nd mutualism. Infact, A Nation wtout HISTORY is indeed a api one!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Youngtekkey(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
funshint: Igbos just like fighting without direction... with everything happening in APGA doesn't it show that afterall Okorocha was right?! U̶̲̥̅̊ can see the mafia going on in the SW miles away but U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot see the mafia-arrange going on under your very own eyelid?! That's notin but hypocrisy. Obi has sold U̶̲̥̅̊ out; he knew when U̶̲̥̅̊ guys can easily fall for ethnic sentiments; he decided to turn U̶̲̥̅̊ against 'ur kinsmen who are passionate about Igbo emancipation. The big question is "When will U̶̲̥̅̊ people sit down for just a minute and start Thinking"? The enemies U̶̲̥̅̊'re looking for are under your very nose... Open 'ur eyes and see!!!
broz u don talk truth jare
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by jpphilips(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
REHOZIBAH: I hope Ndigbos don't get stucked in the mud of inaction with this dilly-dallying owing to politics of Ph.D(Pull Him Down).....this mindset of making people scapegoats due to ethnocentric mannerisms will do u a great harm.

Now you people are stucked as to what to do going forward about Anambra....GEJ has shot down your Soludo,Peter Obi/Victor Umeh/Bianca Onoh have emerged to be solely pursing their selfish and stomach interests alone,Andy Uba is known to be permanently tied to the apron-strings of OBJ and was a known captain of the illegal 3rd Term bid and circumventing Alex Ekwueme's Presidential ambition.

Ngige on the other hand is a bridge-builder and an independent fighter who would not hesitate to call out any attempt to lord things over him by any Godfather yet he distinguished himself earlier in the midst of the massive persecution against him when he was governor

Ndi Anambra every politics is local....Vote massively for Onwa and if the need arises to vote GEJ based on what you think he has done,then do so....each election is mutually exclusive of each other

I know y'all have a emotional attachment to APGA but with the current turn of events amongst its promoters,can u trust the party

APGA has failed with the demise of ojukwu, Ngige is equally not the man for the job based on antecedents.

best thing for Anambrarians is to promote independent candidature and vote massively for Soludo.
or
boycott the election completely.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Umaekpe: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Crocodile tears. Are u the good one, who did not allow his selfish interest destroy Igbo interest?

Wat will happen if u people team up and build the east? Was Ojukwu not a man like u?

Ojukwu was only 31 wen he shouldered the responsibility of the entire east, putting aside his own personal interest or ambition.

He fought for his people, that he believed were being victimised by the same people u are in bed with today.

Do not insult Ojukwu or our collective intelligence and conscience again by mentioning the name of Ojukwu at every rally like he approved or sent u to APC. sad
my dear dnt mind d busy doing nothing governor: wat did he take us for, simply becos he was opportune to b crown by someone's luck & he think dat it is easy to get, i promise all of them dat 2015 will determin,tank God dat people are enlightened now u can not confuse them wt money again,dnt make noise yet, everybody is on alert dis time around
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
funshint:

Dede is simply a Dumb Agbaya.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Boko Haram killed igbos, now Ngige and Okorocha are bringing Muslim Brotherhood to East. HOW CAN WE FORGET SO SOON?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by millionaireman: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Zet72: Na God go punish that aboki called okorocha for mentioning Ojukwu's name in his useless campaign. Traitor

Calm.
The day APC people pick a non-Igbo presidential candidate for 2015, that's the day any reasonable Igbo, including Gov. Okorocha, shall disappear from APC. Because whichever party that is not planning for an Igbo to succeed president Jonathan does not wish Nigeria well.

Nigeria, a highly pluralistic country has refused to practice fiscal federalism because oil the only resource it depends on is located only in the southern part of the country.

Nigeria has survived so far through power sharing beginning among its major constituent blocks in a unitary system of government. Power sharing explains why the rest of Nigeria cleared for two Yoruba/southwest presidential candidates in the two most prominent political parties 1999. That was after the three zones in the north had collectively ruled Nigeria for about 35 years.

Power sharing explains why Nigerians insisted that GEJ/southsouth must succeed Yar Adua.

So Power sharing shall explain why only an Igbo must succeed President Jonathan.

Talk of use of merit to determine GEJ's successor from any part of the country must not arise.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Lordlexy: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
gboss4sure: Rochas should mind the way he talks else he gets kicks out from Imo state, If Ojukwu didn't join ACN what did rochas think would make him Join APC?
Every right thinking man at every point will embrace suggestions with a promise to add value to its lives. Atimes, i pray earnesly that the open naked hatred, disdained, the outright chest beating unconcealing display by few easterners against a perceived enemy in apc (yoruba and hausa) doesnot reflect the opinion of majority on the street. because if it is, i must say how hopeless the situation is. No region has ever been known to stand as an island politically, and holding Nigerians ransome for whatever happened long b4 we were born which both waring party could share the blame through incentive, is a great disservice to generation unborn. If apc could provide a more credible plat form to get ndigbo recover politicaly on a national level, then what's the fuss? Purge yourselves of hatred, i tell you. Such stand will further alienate you from the scheme of things.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by jpphilips(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

So Ngige,Rochas,Annie Okonkwo,Osita Izunaso are traitors compared with Peter Obi/Victor Umeh/Bianca Ojukwu

If by now you can't dispassionately locate those who should be adequately blamed by Ndigbos for the perennial ways of playing politics of Belly first by mortaging the need to have the best and finest of Ndigbos politically and passively competing with the rest of the country hence attracting real development in the process then too bad!

Have you wondered how it would look when Soludo(even if he is not in APC) is speaking in his oratorial majesty alongside Fashola or Rochas marshalling arguments with Rauf Aregbesola both of who are visionaries,or a Dora Akunyili articulating policy statements or even an Oby Ezekwesili innudating the senate with her World Bank Development Economics experience?? but your present leaders don't want that to happen NOT because they love you more but because they hate independent,clear-headed and brilliant thinkers

That is why they continue to be led by 4th tier leaders who though are stupendously rich but are deficit in legacy-seeking mannerism

very well I agree, APC should dethrone Ngige and enthrone Soludo, and sign a commitment that there will be no extortionist agenda, then they will get more support.

politics of confusion, Anambra is finished
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by DerideGull(m): 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Kamanda:

Dede is simply a Dumb Agbaya.

You looked a dumber agbaya than Dede
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by millionaireman: 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lordlexy: Every right thinking man at every point will embrace suggestions with a promise to add value to its lives. Atimes, i pray earnesly that the open naked hatred, disdained, the outright chest beating unconcealing display by few easterners against a perceived enemy in apc (yoruba and hausa) doesnot reflect the opinion of majority on the street. because if it is, i must say how hopeless the situation is. No region has ever been known to stand as an island politically, and holding Nigerians ransome for whatever happened long b4 we were born which both waring party could share the blame through incentive, is a great disservice to generation unborn. If apc could provide a more credible plat form to get ndigbo recover politicaly on a national level, then what's the fuss? Purge yourselves of hatred, i tell you. Such stand will further alienate you from the scheme of things.

That credible platform that the APC can provide is by sticking to Nigeria's age old power sharing formula and pick its presidential candidate from the southeast area which merits succeeding GEJ. Any thing outside choosing an Igbo flag bearer by APC for 2015 presidential race is like the party changing the goal post in the middle of a football match. We all kept calm when Nigeria chose OBJ and OLU Falae for the two most prominent political parties in 1999.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by millionaireman: 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Neatboy: I am beginning to deslike Rochas, he is becoming too ambitious and selfish to my liking. Every of his comments are just pointing toward his presidential ambition. He has a mandate and a mission that must be fulfilled before anything. Its no crime to look ahead but look ahead with the telescope of morality and selflessness. Remember that in Nigeria if you're too ambitious you're going nowhere. Ask MKO Abiola, Atiku, Buhari, Odili, Awolowo etc

If Rochas Okorocha's ambition is merely to play second fiddle in 2015, after 2015 elections, he must have sealed his political career by himself.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by diresimdi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
Okorocha is stupid to have associated Ojukwu's name with their useless APC..Association of Proffessional Confussionists. Okorocha is a political prostitute, Ojukwu is not like him..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi, Sirika Appear Before Senate Over Abuja Airport Closure / Meet The Dullest President In The World According To Google / Kogi Guber: Huge Number Of APC Aspirants Is Due To My Efforts - Gov Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.