Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read (2421 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons / Awo Lecture: Why North Is A Problem To National Unity – Eminent Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Our Agenda Was to "Put The North in
Power" at all cost- Mr Harold Smith, British
Colonial Officer in Nigeria b4 & after
independence
The man Harold Smith is not new in
Nigerian history. Mr. Harold Smith was a
colonial officer posted to duty in Africa. He
served in many African countries including
Nigeria. As an insider in the British colonial
system, Mr. Smith has a lot of interesting
views and ideas to provide.He is one of
the architects of colonial foundation that
midwife Nigerian independence in 1960.
I met him in a meeting three weeks ago
where he opened up a bit about the
lingering problem in Africa especially;
Nigeria unbalanced protracted social
political situations. We asked if he could
make this known to the media. His
response was “I am in my 80s now; I have
agreed but in the past ‘they’ did not want
me to say anything, but now I don’t want
to go to my grave without telling the truth
about the atrocities perpetrated in Africa
by the colonialists.

Brothers and sisters; on Ben TV last
Thursday, Harold Smith was on a program
to reveal what went behind the scene
before the independence. The Oxford
University graduate had this to say about
his role in Nigeria pre and after
independence era.
‘Our agenda was to completely exploit
Africa. Nigeria was my duty post. When we
assessed Nigeria, this was what we found
in the southern region; strength,
intelligence, determination to succeed, well
established history, complex but focused
life style, great hope and aspirations… the
East is good in business and technology,
the west is good in administration and
commerce, law and medicine, but it was a
pity we planned our agenda to give power
“at all cost” to the northerner. They
seemed to be submissive and silly of a
kind. Our mission was accomplished by
destroying the opposition at all fronts. The
west led in the fight for the independence,
and was punished for asking for freedom.
They will not rule Nigeria!
Harold Smith confessed that the Census
results were announced before they were
counted. Despite seeing vast land with no
human but cattle in the north, we still gave
the north 55 million instead of 32 Million.

This was to be used to maintain their
majority votes and future power bid. He
stated that the West without Lagos was
the most populous in Nigeria at that time
but we ignored that. The north was
seriously encouraged to go into the
military. According to him, they believe
that the south may attend western
education, but future leaders will always
come from military background. Their
traditional rulers were to be made
influential and super human. The
northerners were given accelerated
promotions both in the military and civil
service to justify their superiority over the
south. Everything was to work against the
south. We truncated their good plan for
their future. “I was very sorry for the A.G;
it was a great party too much for African
standard. We planned to destroy Awolowo
and Azikwe well, the west and the east
and sowed a seed of discord among them”.
We tricked Azikwe into accepting to be
president having known that Balewa will be
the main man with power. Awolowo has to
go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a
greater Nigeria.
However, Harold Smith justified the British
agenda of colonialism in Nigeria, which he
believed was originally to help build Africa
after the ruins of slave trade, but lamented
that the British only looked after
themselves and not after Nigerian interest.
The British really let Nigeria down. When I
see Nigerian been accused of fraud and
from what I saw on the streets of Lagos;
the British were worst fraudsters.
Looking at the northern leaders now he
said, “If they have any agenda in Nigeria at
all, sadly it is only for the north, and
nothing for Nigeria. He stated that the
British look after the British people and
this is so all over the world. He said the
time has come now to see people of
intelligent minds with an open and
inclusive agenda for all Nigerians in
power…people who will really look after
Nigerians large population…but ”I still
curiously and sorrowfully see now that the
British has not let go of Nigeria…her
wealth,.

her potentials, her future. He
opined that the Caucasian people now
assert themselves as the keeper of the
“New Age” keys. He therefore said that it
is only logical for Europeans to maintain
their position of power, scientific
superiority, economic exploitation, they
must continue to perpetuate their lies and
falsehoods and this is the most unkindest
cut of all in relation to Nigeria situation!
According to him, Nigeria, a great nation
was crippled not because of military juntas
or corrupt leaders alone but by the British
and American fear of Nigeria great future.
He confessed, “The fear of the place that
will be our ‘dumping ground’ really
occupied our minds”.
Some of the things he said were not new
to Nigerians or to the whole world but
hearing it from the horse’s mouth is quite
revealing and established more reality
zones. He finally submitted that the
colonial masters have caused havoc while
they were in Africa, and planted timed
bombs when they finally left. What we see
since independence, the administration of
new internal colonial masters by fellow
Nigerians holding sway in power is doing
more damage to Nigeria. Instead of
detonating the time bombs planted by the
British, the north is planting mines.
He added that ‘It was my duty to carry out
all of the above and I was loyal to my
country, Great Britain. Nigerians should try
to be loyal to their country leaders and
followers alike. Love your country. You
have got the potentials to be great again
and the whole world knows this’.
"I am sorry for the above evil done to
Nigeria. I can’t say sorry enough……" via
VANGUARD.

OBASANJO ERA CENSUS COOKED UP

Chairman of the National Population Commission Mr. Festus Odimegwu stepped up his campaign to discredit previous censuses yesterday, saying the 2006 census figures were mostly cooked up.

Mr. Odimegwu, who was managing director of the Nigerian Breweries at the time, said officials forged figures for states and local governments in the census, which held during the regime of President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Since his assumption of office, the population chief has waged a strident campaign to question the veracity of past census figures, once saying no previous census had been credible.

Speaking at a news conference in Abuja yesterday, he said: "There was no census. The governor of Niger wrote, that they were waiting for enumerators, they didn't come, people left, that is why we have so many cases in the tribunal."

He added that "mind you population forgery is done everywhere, is done in every states, every locality, every region, it's not restricted in any particular region. It's done everywhere because politicians want to manipulate it because they want to use it during politics."

Odimegwu said during a review of the 2006 census in Minna, Niger State, he heard from an official named Inuwa Mohammed of how money was used to influence the process.

"Mohammed stood up and told the whole commissioners, all the former directors and new directors that were there for the meeting, how they shared 3 million Pounds and N90 million in a hotel room. The money of hiring and training of enumerators for the census, that there was no census," he said.

"Somebody called me and said, 'chairman you must hear this.' I said put Mohammed on the phone and I said 'Mohammed I love you, I wished all Nigerians are like you, you are the type of person if you are near me, I would have kissed you.' And I appointed him my SA in charge of anti-corruption in the NPC."

Odimegwu said because of his belief that the 2006 census was flawed, he had since asked the commission's lawyers to stop defending cases filed by states and local governments in court challenging the results.

He gave an example of the instance when then-governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, disputed the figures for the state. He said Tinubu "conducted his census in Lagos and got 17.2 million people instead of (population commission chairman Samuila) Makama's 9 million. We have so many issues against the commission. I have asked the lawyer to stop defending it because what the people are saying is truth; we have never done a census."

www.allafrica.com/../201308210344.html

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by Akpaife(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
At last God's will already done in Nigeria

Fresh AIR
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by normaljenny(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Na wa for this our country sef. Smith has said it all, so how do we (our generation) amend the damage and not fighting in NL.

Dancing azonto as first person to comment
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by normaljenny(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Akpa ife: At last God's will already done in Nigeria

Fresh AIR

You beat me to front place, mr blokos akpa ife
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
God we help us this anomaly
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by Longeria(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
No matter how long a night last, there must be day break.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by planetuzor(m): 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sometimes I feel like leaving the country and nevr coming back!

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
Don't leave the country oo!Let us stay and
repair this country.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
normaljenny: Na wa for this our country sef. Smith has said it all, so how do we (our generation) amend the damage and not fighting in NL.

normaljenny: Na wa for this our country sef. Smith has said it all, so how do we (our generation) amend the damage and not fighting in NL.

Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by Raxz(m): 12:43am On Aug 25, 2013
I have always say this Northern Nigeria population is a big fraud and even the nothern knw truth, am from Northern central bt i cnt be part of an impunity, a fraudulent system. I wish the present NPC chairman will be able to carry out a near perfect conscious come 2016 so tht as a country we can hv an accurate and a reliable data that manufacturing industry use and we can also use for future elections. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2013
idumuose: Don't leave the country oo!Let us stay and
repair this country.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 12:50am On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=idumuose][/quote]
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2013
Longeria: No matter how long a night last, there must be day break.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
Raxz: I have always say this Northern Nigeria population is a big fraud and even the nothern knw truth, am from Northern central bt i cnt be part of an impunity, a fraudulent system. I wish the present NPC chairman will be able to carry out a near perfect conscious come 2016 so tht as a country we can hv an accurate and a reliable data that manufacturing industry use and we can also use for future elections. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by ejiyke2007(m): 1:22am On Aug 26, 2013
no wonder
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 2:23am On Aug 26, 2013
ejiyke2007: no wonder
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
planetuzor: Sometimes I feel like leaving the country and nevr coming back!
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Smith's confession is welcomed but came too late.We knew all these already and that's why we came out en masse to vote for a southerner - 1 with d required DNA for transformation .
Nevertheless he confirmed that the easterner is INDUSTRIOUS in nature.
Kai! we large
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Longeria: No matter how long a night last, there must be day break.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
NO W0NDER THERE'S A FALSE PROPAGANDA ABOUT YORUBAS... Y0RUBAS ARE COWARD, DIRTY, UGLY, HYPOCRITE...NO W0NDER IBOS ARE MADE TO HATE Y0RUBAS....WE HAVE TO CHANGE TINX....THE N0RTHERNAS ARE EVIL....THEY ARE THE REAS0N FOR OUR RETROGRESS...
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Olamagnifico: NO W0NDER THERE'S A FALSE PROPAGANDA ABOUT YORUBAS... Y0RUBAS ARE COWARD, DIRTY, UGLY, HYPOCRITE...NO W0NDER IBOS ARE MADE TO HATE Y0RUBAS....WE HAVE TO CHANGE TINX....THE N0RTHERNAS ARE EVIL....THEY ARE THE REAS0N FOR OUR RETROGRESS...
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by naijareferee: 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
[b][/b]‘Our agenda was to completely exploit
Africa. Nigeria was my duty post. When we
assessed Nigeria, this was what we found
in the southern region; strength,
intelligence, determination to succeed, well
established history, complex but focused
life style, great hope and aspirations… the
East is good in business and technology,
the west is good in administration and
commerce, law and medicine, but it was a
pity we planned our agenda to give power
“at all cost” to the northerner. They
seemed to be submissive and silly of a
kind.[code][/code][color=#990000][/color]
Please this paints it all. Wtf are we waiting for before this piece hits front page. MOD, no make me vex with u. This piece has removed all my tribal marks and collapsed my red cap. Am here to unite all. Thank you
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 1:05am On Aug 27, 2013
idumuose:
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by youthmustwork: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2013
Mr smith thank u very much. Our problem is d north period. Very silly pple. Thank allah am nt d first to say ds. Mr smith d criminal ve said it al.

Lets jux split ds country into two, north and south.

Britain must pay for ds i swear to allah.
Frm nw all flight to britain cancelled.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 11:45am On Aug 27, 2013
youth must work: Mr smith thank u very much. Our problem is d north period. Very silly pple. Thank allah am nt d first to say ds. Mr smith d criminal ve said it al.

Lets jux split ds country into two, north and south.

Britain must pay for ds i swear to allah.
Frm nw all flight to britain cancelled.
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by idumuose(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
Akpa ife: At last God's will already done in Nigeria

Fresh AIR
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
Try come up with another working link. Nonesense
Re: Why The North Is Afraid Of Credible Census Exposed!!!!!a Must Read by musiwa1f: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
revenue allocation, because the north is cheating other nigerian. that why

many yoruba churches are polygamist church because yoruba dont believe in a woman been childless. this is why we marry many wife. in canada nearly 5 million women are childless, while over 30 million in the usa. if i am president of america for one day. i will make polygamy legal.
poll says 60% of america women are not against it

(1) (2) (Reply)

State-by-state PVC Collection Statistics From INEC. (pics).. / Describe This Great Man In Just One Word- See Photo / Breaking: Greece Say No To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.