Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked (1998 Views)

Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / This Guy Booked Both Tragic Malaysian Flights And Missed It / Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Chief Executive Officer of the Airlines, Tewolde Gebremariam, said this in Addis Ababa on Saturday, while inaugurating the first flight to Enugu.

Mr. Gebremariam said Nigeria was the Airlines’ largest market in Africa, being the most populous and the second largest economy in the Continent

Mr. Gebremariam has said that the Boeing 737-300 scheduled for the inaugural flight to Enugu had been fully booked for its return trip.

An official of the Nigerian Embassy in Ethiopia, Bede Ibeh, who led a delegation of Nigerian Community in Addis Ababa to the inaugural ceremony on behalf of the Ambassador, Lolo Bulus, commended the Airline for exploring the Enugu route.

Enugu route is expected to operate four times in a week; Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

The route forms the Airline’s 47th African destination and the third ofthe airlines’ Nigerian destinations, which are Lagos and Abuja.

The airline is the largest carrier in Africa in terms of passenger and cargo network and currently operating more than 75 international destinations across five continents.

It is an indigenous, Pan African and the oldest carrier flying to Nigeria since 1960.
(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143387-ethiopian-airlines-to-resume-kano-route-soon-inaugurates-enugu-flight.html

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by basisop(m): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
All the Igbos are asking for is equal opportunity then let's see who will be first among equals.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
basisop: All the Igbos are asking for is equal opportunity then let's see who will be first among equals.
Exactly. Thats what EVERY part of Nigeria needs
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Longeria(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
What Igbos desires desperately to become a perpetual champions is level playing ground, if you look at my signature you will see "Egbe Bere, Ugo Bere" which suggests equal opportunity for all. This is a massive step towards healing a long lasting wound. Those crediting this achievement to Yar’Adua should also credit the curent ASUU /FG crisis to Yar’Adua because he signed the agreement without any plans to implement it.

Long live LONGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Trust Ndigbo.

Anyi mara ife eji ego eme..
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Longeria: What Igbos desires desperately to become a perpetual champions is level playing ground, if you look at my signature you will see "Egbe Bere, Ugo Bere" which suggests equal opportunity for all. This is a massive step towards healing a long lasting wound. Those crediting this achievement to Yar’Adua should also credit the curent ASUU /FG crisis to Yar’Adua because he signed the agreement without any plans to implement it.

Long live LONGERIA
Well said. Nigeria is on the move. Enemies of progress should steer clear or they'll be CRUSHED
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
This is a welcomed development

getting set for my next trip wink

***all ye haters
Please line up with your birth certificates
I'll use some for shortput and the rest to wipe my arhse grin
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Maxymilliano(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Mr. Gebremariam said Nigeria was the Airlines’ largest market in Africa, being the most populous and the second largest economy in the Continent

This is the only piece that caught my attention, Nigeria has been and always will be a great country among comity of nations irrespective of her perceived failings ...
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Horus(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by ochejoseph(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
Not too long ago CHINA was no were to be found ,among great Economies,today same China is projected to be the worlds largest Economy in few years time ,with the Transformation Agenda fully on course I see NIGERIA taking its rightful place not just In Africa but among the committee of Nations .

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Horus(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv62Mxjjsr0

ETHIOPIAN Boeing 787 "Dreamliner"
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by IGBOSON1: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
ochejoseph: Not too long ago CHINA was no were to be found ,among great Economies,today same China is projected to be the worlds largest Economy in few years time ,with the Transformation Agenda fully on course I see NIGERIA taking its rightful place not just In Africa but among the committee of Nations .

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

^^^Nice prayer and all, but this ain't gonna happen unless we're all pulling in one direction, enthrone merit over federal character, jettison 'pull him down' syndrome, and finally see Nigeria as a project we all have to contribute something to build instead of thinking what we can get out of it 'for me and my ethnicity/region'!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by ochejoseph(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Nice prayer and all, but this ain't gonna happen unless we're all pulling in one direction, enthrone merit over federal character, jettison 'pull him down' syndrome, and finally see Nigeria as a project we all have to contribute something to build instead of thinking what we can get out of it 'for me and my ethnicity/region'!
You have really spoken well . I am not an igbo man but I see this accomplishment Not as a victory for the igbo man but a victory for Good governance, its a day every Nigerian should celebrate because we now have a Government that promises and goes ahead to keep those promises .

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by Rossikk(m): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Whichever way you look at it, this is a major plus for the Jonathan govt.

I honestly can't see him losing the next elections.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by kettykin: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
I guessed right all those blabbers who forecasted that the airport will not be viable should go for s psychiatric test, this is how some clowns tell us that the deep sea port wouldn't not be viable. How long would it take some folks realise that there was a real conspiracy to deny some sections of the country.
With this impressive opening enugu is set to become an aviation hub, more interesting fact is that the east can accommodate 3 more international airports,.
Like I predicted the Christmas period would be something else as thr air traffic in enugu would double that of abuja and possibly compare with lagos international air traffic

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked by uncleken: 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
G.E.J till 2019 & hand over to Igbo man

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Patrick Obahiagbon’s Grammar / Shocking: How I Slaughtered Two Teenage Tiv Girls (photos Of Survivor) -suspect / 63 Senators Back Plan To Impeach Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.