Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister (8769 Views)

Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times / BREAKING NEWS!!! Tension In Owerri As Local Attack Hausa(photos) / Rice Imports Down 95% On Local Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by Revolva(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2013
Omo which rice....our own for house on finish so tey we no cook rice this morning wey be sunday...kai.....omo..bag of rice still cost i beg nothing una fit tell me..
Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 26, 2013
Okwyjesus: We are enjoying local rice and it's been great. A bag is N7500 & its sand free.
A beg where be that make I come buy wholesale
Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by fyneguy: 7:55am On Aug 26, 2013
nicago:

Bros, you sabi Daleko?? You badt o..

grin I sabi o. na why I shock be that o. I wonder where the man see local rice for market.

truth is that rice business is not in the hands of those who cultivate rice in Nigeria. There's so much adulteration going on. They have succeeded in confusing the consumers. You see mamagold bag whereas na ''babagold'' rice dey inside sad
Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by fyneguy: 8:04am On Aug 26, 2013
Btw I have 10,000 bags of Premium Parboiled White rice for sale o. N9,000 per bag smiley
Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by eaglechild: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2013
fyneguy:

Lie from the pit of Ministry of Agric grin

Processed rice otherwise called Parboiled rice is more nutritious sir. Unprocessed rice is called paddy rice. Now google both for confirmation.
I have done so sir and came up with this.
All types of rice begin life as paddy rice,
including the highly nutritious brown rice
varieties. The harvested rice kernels begin
processing with the removal of the hull.
Every brown rice product is simply rice that
has been harvested from the hull and has
not been subjected to intensive processing.
White rice products go on to a more
comprehensive processing in order to obtain
the bright white appearance that is enjoyed
by many consumers.
Note that in my previous post i said that imported rice undergoes more RIGOROUS processing.
Note also that imported rice is often much whiter than the local rice which tends to be brown.
This is basic Agric.
I never equated locally processed rice to paddy rice.
Thank me for the lessons.
Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by eaglechild: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2013
fyneguy: Btw I have 10,000 bags of Premium Parboiled White rice for sale o. N9,000 per bag smiley
No wonder you are trying to promote the foreign rice.
LOL!
Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by Ozonna(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
A beg where be that make I come buy wholesale

If you are in Enugu, you can get local rice Aninri (Ekweremadu's place) and in Adani Nsukka (Songhai rice). They're both very good and destoned. 25kg of songhai rice is #3500 a bag.

Whether we believe it or not, there is serious increase in rice production in Enugu and Ebonyi state (i mention these states because they are the ones i'm sure of and have seen).

2 Likes

Re: Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister by anonimi: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ozonna:

If you are in Enugu, you can get local rice Aninri (Ekweremadu's place) and in Adani Nsukka (Songhai rice). They're both very good and destoned. 25kg of songhai rice is #3500 a bag.

Whether we believe it or not, there is serious increase in rice production in Enugu and Ebonyi state (i mention these states because they are the ones i'm sure of and have seen).

That seems cheap i.e. 7,000 for 50kg and can compete price-wise with the imported, less healthy varieties.
They however need to do more marketing, distribution and sales except maybe their production is still small relatively to the local demand in Enugu & Ebonyi states.

Kudos and more work to be done still.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally Buhari Presents His Certificate, Shames Wailers / Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins / Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.