Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

a - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / a (3762 Views)

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? / UK Girl Offers Virginity for Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

a by crb20: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
a
Re: a by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmmmm. What did you study in school? What is your speciality? I mean what job can you work?
How much do you know about your Naija bf? His state? Family? Past? Plans for future? For how long have you guys dated? I just wanna know if you can fit into Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: a by crb20: 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: a by 50calibre(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
Lols some people can be funny and naive, you are about to jump from the frying pan into the fire, all in the name of love. Have you researched Nigeria properly to find out the range issues plaguing the country? What you thinking of doing is wilful suicide, and except your fiancé/boyfriend is financially very buoyant, you'd suffer like no man's business.

And as for the Visa to Nigeria, don't worry, you'd get it in a jiffy, Im not even sure Nigeria rejects any visa application. Just go to the Nigerian consulate for more info.

2 Likes

Re: a by crb20: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: a by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
ya'all are kinda clueless responding to her question with irrelevant answers, she said she already did all the findings she wanted to do about Nigeria and here you are adding unnecessary advice, please my dear, try to locate the Nigeria High Commission in the UK, probably you will know your stands from there.

4 Likes

Re: a by AyodejiCharles(m): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
If you need answers, go to the travel section of Nairaland .You will get more reasonable answers there

1 Like

Re: a by crb20: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: a by MrCork: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
crb20: Hi

I am living in the UK, my boyfriend is a Nigerian who has come to the UK to study for a Masters. If he is unable to obtain
a visa to work in the UK then I hope to move to Nigeria so that we can be together.

Can anyone help regarding what are the possible visa's I could apply for to live and work in Nigeria? I can't seem to find much information online.

Many Thanks smiley

..easy...as long as he has no criminal record,he is safe..all u need to do is contact a UK solicitor who specializes on immigration matters..I have helped many people in similar situations..trust me.. Contact a UK solicitor! wink

2 Likes

Re: a by dollarlander: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
you better be very careful. you are the ones sending Nigerians out of your country to go home, if it has been rossy for them in nigeria, would they have decided to stay in the UK at all cost?

2 Likes

Re: a by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
50calibre: Lols some people can be funny and naive, you are about to jump from the frying pan into the fire, all in the name of love. Have you researched Nigeria properly to find out the range issues plaguing the country? What you thinking of doing is wilful suicide, and except your fiancé/boyfriend is financially very buoyant, you'd suffer like no man's business.

And as for the Visa to Nigeria, don't worry, you'd get it in a jiffy, Im not even sure Nigeria rejects any visa application. Just go to the Nigerian consulate for more info.

Is it your decision to make. She asked for something different cos she's made up her mind and you're here writing epistles

I worry for you sometimes

1 Like

Re: a by MrsChima(f): 3:17am On Aug 26, 2013
Damn people sure do move fast! Dating and getting to know a person is overrated thess days.

Good luck living in Nigeria wink lipsrsealed

Good luck on finding a job in Nigeria as well. Buhahhahhahhaa. grin

2 Likes

Re: a by fr3do(m): 4:51am On Aug 26, 2013
^
pathetic

@op politics degree
finding a job wont be easy!
#just saying
Re: a by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 26, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Damn people sure do move fast! Dating and getting to know a person is overrated thess days.

better things no de conmot that your yeye mouth
Re: a by Enegod(m): 6:55am On Aug 26, 2013
grin grin
Re: a by 190: 7:06am On Aug 26, 2013
Lwkmd

This world is a funny place oh

See even Mr Cork giving advice

See his mouth like UK solicitor

I've helped many people before

Rotfl

Na wa oh

Op why don't u guys just get married over there in the UK that way he gets an automatic passport which he could be granted within 3months since he's got abt 5months left on his visa - that way you both could buy more time to plan for the future either he stays back in the uk with u or u both move baq to nigeria.

End of
Re: a by pomporiking: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2013
Lwtmb!!!ur bf na ibbo guy abi those sons of b*tches and their strong jazz

1 Like

Re: a by Z8(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
U are making a very big decision here which involves a lot of risk. Don't just assume all is u will get married and all will be soft as roses. Getting a Job in Nigeria is easy, apart from the "e ma madu" there also scarcity of d jobs themselves.

To your question travel section will give u d info ur need fastest.
Re: a by MrsChima(f): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
fr3do: ^
pathetic

@op politics degree
finding a job wont be easy!
#just saying

You should know bish. wink
Re: a by MrsChima(f): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
iterator24: better things no de conmot that your yeye mouth

Awwwww.....you dey jealous the white girl no picked you? grin grin

Keep scamming....I mean looking. wink
Re: a by MrsChima(f): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Enegod: grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: a by Dovahkiin(m): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
ppl go soon dey drop number and email..... grin
Re: a by Isbrado(m): 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Before i give my own advise, which area/part in Nigeria did your boyfriend come from?? Because as @ present, some part in Nigeria are ''No Go Area''.
Re: a by 190theclown: 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Isbrado: Before i give my own advise, which area/part in Nigeria did your boyfriend come from?? Because as @ present, some part in Nigeria are ''No Go Area''.

lwkmd

say it and earn a ban conveniently
Re: a by DanTrizy(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hahah waht re u insinuating ma?
Re: a by MrsChima(f): 6:40am On Sep 10, 2013
DanTrizy: Hahah waht re u insinuating ma?

If hundreds of educated Nigerians have issues finding decent jobs in Nigeria....what chance does she have even if she's white?

Would she be able to speak in native tongues if necessary?

Lets be real...what job is she going to gain with a degree in politics?
Re: a by zeb04(f): 7:23am On Sep 10, 2013
@mrs chima y? Jst ansa her qstn nd let her decide. Anyways 1st tym 19o is makin serz sense. Is 2day ur bday
Re: a by Kingsteve(m): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2013
crb20: Hi

I am living in the UK, my boyfriend is a Nigerian who has come to the UK to study for a Masters. If he is unable to obtain
a visa to work in the UK then I hope to move to Nigeria so that we can be together.

Can anyone help regarding what are the possible visa's I could apply for to live and work in Nigeria? I can't seem to find much information online.

Many Thanks smiley

Let me give you a clearer picture.
Unless you guys are planning to reside in Abuja (capital city of Nigeria), Lagos...maybe Portharcourt, Calabar, and Akwa Ibom, then I strongly suggest you have a change of plan.

OUT of those cities I mentioned, only Abuja and Lagos are close to what you have in the western world, especially; Abuja.
Calabar, portharcourt and Akwa Ibom are cool cities, with lots of foreigners as well.

Soooo, if your bf isn't planning to reside in one of those cities I mentioned, then it maybe hard for you to adjust to the living conditions of Nigeria.
On the other hand, unless your bf has rich parents, whereby everything is already in place for you guys, to make the landing easy...such as; a house with constant power (using generator) and water supply, and also with a good vehicle that has an AC, then it's all good, besides these...don't bother!

Go back, and drill your bf very well, in regard to the plans he has for you guys when you land.
Like I said before, you'll only enjoy your stay in Nigeria, if it's in Abuja and to some extent...Lagos, although it depends on the area in Lagos, cos some parts in Lagos are really awful, but in Abuja...the city is almost perfect, with lots of foreigners as well.
Good luck!

As for obtaining visa to Nigeria, you should visit the Nigerian embassy in London, somewhere around Oxford Street, not too sure, but all the embassies are located in that area...you can't miss it.
I doubt they'll give you a working visa, since you're not an expatriate, but give it a go...you never know, after all...it is Nigeria we're talking about. grin
Re: a by ARico(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Suicide
Re: a by MrsChima(f): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
zeb04: @mrs chima y? Jst ansa her qstn nd let her decide. Anyways 1st tym 19o is makin serz sense. Is 2day ur bday

I did answered her mumu!
Re: a by UyiIredia(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ crb20: The little I know is that you'll get all the info you need from the Nigerian consulate in the UK. It so happens I've never travelled outside this country so I know little. That said, you'll have to have a high BS meter to culturally acclimatize in the event you move here, that's not to say there aren't positives here but, culture shock is a something well-known. As for jobs, you might want to work with international NGO's here unless you have other plans.
Re: a by zeb04(f): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Som married peeps smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Sexual Immorality Thrives In The Church / Why Do Men Do This? / I Unconciously Poisoned My Fiance With Impotency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.