Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend (6028 Views)

Why Don't I Have A Boyfriend / Tell Or Don't Tell? / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 3:48am On Apr 12, 2013
I am a 51 year old white Canadian woman who has met on line my Nigerian mate! He is 28 and we have been talking for a year now and I just returned from a wonderful month long stay with him and have met his family and friends and coworkers! I love him more than life and he me and now we will continue our relationship until the time comes that we get married there! I have read all the Internet warnings on this and yes I know he is younger than me! So guys and gals come on and give me the hard truth! Love to hear what you think I should do! I do love him and he me and of course he has all to gain more than me in reality but still would like to hear especially from his Yoruba ppl!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by obo389(m): 4:05am On Apr 12, 2013
cry
Its a hard one though cos i doubt if its gona work out btw both of you as a result of d age differences & his tribe.
G/luck to u.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by razznaija(f): 4:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Hmmm Like the other poster said, this will not work out. My question is.... is he financially stable?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by SimplYeahmee(m): 4:32am On Apr 12, 2013
[quote author=obo389] cry
Its a hard one though cos i doubt if its gona work out btw both of you as a result of d age differences & his tribe.
G/luck to u.[/quot
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 12, 2013
^ of course he is not,why would a 28 years old marry a woman who is her mother‘s age? lipsrsealed
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by SimplYeahmee(m): 4:37am On Apr 12, 2013
Mommabear: I am a 51 year old white Canadian woman who has met on line my Nigerian mate! He is 28 and we have been talking for a year now and I just returned from a wonderful month long stay with him and have met his family and friends and coworkers! I love him more than life and he me and now we will continue our relationship until the time comes that we get married there! I have read all the Internet warnings on this and yes I know he is younger than me! So guys and gals come on and give me the hard truth! Love to hear what you think I should do! I do love him and he me and of course he has all to gain more than me in reality but still would like to hear especially from his Yoruba ppl!

Problem1
Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are 50 sumthing nd he's 28.
He may be using Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ to get a canadian visa.
There's no way, a full blooded 28yr old man will say he prefer a 50yr old vagina to a 18 to 30yr old vagina.
Consider ur options, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ both lyk each other go ahead bt jst don't complain if he brings in a younger woman into ur home.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Dumte(m): 4:46am On Apr 12, 2013
just make sure you both love each other.
Tribal and age differences isn't the matter but love is what we are after.
If you like let their age difference be 100 to 5. Love is what we are after
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by butta(m): 5:07am On Apr 12, 2013
If you really love him why not but why should a man in his right senses get married to his mothers age mate that can no longer bear him kids ? I think he is just interested in getting the canadian visa and don't be surprised when you get dumped for a younger lady after getting what he wants from you. anyway goodluck and godspeed in your marriage.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by CharlesShaw(m): 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
Count ursef Lucky.
Am sure u'll enjoy the Cute Dude.
U hav evrytin 2 gain than wat the guy has 2 gain.
What is papers?
Can it be compared to where the guy wil use his mouth instead of his penis?
In Canada dat u r am sure no man takes a 2nd look @ u.
Grab This opportunity with both hands.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks this is a BIG FAT LIE

1 Like

Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Creamish(f): 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
hmmm . . True story = Bad Idea, Fake story = Carry on!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Scarpon(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
51-28=23
do u see what I saw?

1 Like

Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by SAFO(m): 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
alutacontinua: Am I the only one that thinks this is a BIG FAT LIE

Nope
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by causewahala: 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
@ that age u still need cyber entities to tell u what to do? Considerable no. of the peeps u're seeking opinion from ain' even in a relationship.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by vizboy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
undecided damn wtf well wish u guys a happy married life if this is true luv
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
razznaija: Hmmm Like the other poster said, this will not work out. My question is.... is he financially stable?
razznaija: Hmmm Like the other poster said, this will not work out. My question is.... is he financially stable?
Dumte: just make sure you both love each other.

He works at an insurance company but like most jobs there the money is not great!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
Scarpon: 51-28=23
do u see what I saw?

Well we love each other and his friends and family and coworkers were very welcoming to me so they all must be very good at playing games! And yes I know this is probably not normally accepted
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
@mommabear

you repeated twice that you are sure you love EACH OTHER
you seem to be convinced on the one hand that he loves you
but there is a voice of doubt on the other hand

how do you expect people here to help you? some will say, marry him, others, he needs papers and is using you or something like that. you'll be confused at the end.

my advice: listen to yourself!

I think one should be at least 99 % sure before entering a marriage. maybe, you need some more time. how long have you been together? ask yourself.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Charles Shaw: Count ursef Lucky.
Am sure u'll enjoy the Cute Dude.
U hav evrytin 2 gain than wat the guy has 2 gain.
What is papers?
Can it be compared to where the guy wil use his mouth instead of his penis?
In Canada dat u r am sure no man takes a 2nd look @ u.
Grab This opportunity with both hands.

grin grin grin
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by kambo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
take ur heart to d gym cuz a heart break is coming to test it.. Of course his relations know ur d ticket to his breakthru i mean visa. Shine ur eye they say
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
Wow....I know it might be tough to hear it but...please look out for gentlemen in your area to have a close, meaningful relationship with. Something more "real" that makes sense to the entirety of your being. Spirit, soul and body.

What you have going on here is a fantasy. There are people who specialize in using people with fantasies to achieve realistic ends e.g getting a Canadian PR and getting on with his life without you. It is also going to be a tough sell to Canadian immigration because they see this everyday. You wouldn't be the first.

His family, coworkers, friends, etc could easily show support because having a friend or brother in Canada would benefit them too. Such is the reality of the world madam.

I know it's hard, but I implore you not to let the loneliness get you naive.
I know when operating on this frequency it is hard to remember the consequences, like what you stand to lose after the seemingly expected divorce. I don't know what you have, but it is possible that he will be having a cut of it after it happens.

If none of these matter to you and you just want to experience the ride, then all the best. (I guess it's fun in it's own way smiley )
Keep it real. Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by overdrive(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
Marry him u hv every right to b happy.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
SimplYeahmee:

Problem1
Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are 50 sumthing nd he's 28.
He may be using Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ to get a canadian visa.
There's no way, a full blooded 28yr old man will say he prefer a 50yr old vagina to a 18 to 30yr old vagina.
Consider ur options, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ both lyk each other go ahead bt jst don't complain if he brings in a younger woman into ur home.
Well thanks for the honesty but my body is fine not the issue but the fact that as a Nigerian man you know the game there and I guess I got my answer love or not aim gonna get burned
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
overdrive: Marry him u hv every right to b happy.
Thanks so much I love him to death and right now I believe we are happy and the month I spent there and what we shared could not have been staged. If that was the case then Nollywood has a new actor!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mommabear:
Well thanks for the honesty but my body is fine not the issue but the fact that as a Nigerian man you know the game there and I guess I got my answer love or not aim gonna get burned

If you're 50, and your body is fine (enough to attract a 28 yr old man)...what's stopping you from getting on with someone local?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff: Wow....I know it might be tough to hear it but...please look out for gentlemen in your area to have a close, meaningful relationship with. Something more "real" that makes sense to the entirety of your being. Spirit, soul and body.

What you have going on here is a fantasy. There are people who specialize in using people with fantasies to achieve realistic ends e.g getting a Canadian PR and getting on with his life without you. It is also going to be a tough sell to Canadian immigration because they see this everyday. You wouldn't be the first.

His family, coworkers, friends, etc could easily show support because having a friend or brother in Canada would benefit them too. Such is the reality of the world madam.

I know it's hard, but I implore you not to let the loneliness get you naive.
I know when operating on this frequency it is hard to remember the consequences, like what you stand to lose after the seemingly expected divorce. I don't know what you have, but it is possible that he will be having a cut of it after it happens.

If none of these matter to you and you just want to experience the ride, then all the best. (I guess it's fun in it's own way smiley )
Keep it real. Peace.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
[quote author=Mommabear][/quote]
Thank you well said and very good advice!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff:

If you're 50, and your body is fine (enough to attract a 28 yr old man)...what's stopping you from getting on with someone local?
You are right there is nothing at all but I work with many African nationals who are totally cool and I met him and things transpired to where they are today! My month in Nigeria was amazing! I saw first hand the hardships and the corruption of the gov't. I wanted a real view of life there not the glitz of the city! But realistically I guess I am setting the stage for emotional destruction! I always asked him why a handsome man did not find a beautiful Nigerian woman , as there are many! He said they want man with money so I guess to get that woman takes hooking up with someone like me , get what he wants then move on!
But being in Nigeria was amazing I unlike others here enjoyed being there
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
kambo: take ur heart to d gym cuz a heart break is coming to test it.. Of course his relations know ur d ticket to his breakthru i mean visa. Shine ur eye they say
I hear this! Thanks
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin
Having a relationship here is not an issue nor is my body or sex! The relationship was not based on sex! I have no problem with men here I chose him! I don't go from man to man was in a 32 yr marriage! He is the second man in my life
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dumte: just make sure you both love each other.
We do love each other
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mommabear:
Having a relationship here is not an issue nor is my body or sex! The relationship was not based on sex! I have no problem with men here I chose him! I don't go from man to man was in a 32 yr marriage! He is the second man in my life

I never said that. I just wanted to show that I don't take the statement I commented on seriously.
I was talking to you when I posted my first comment, You have only replied to my reaction to another poster's reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Wot Do I Do With Him? / 7 Erroneously Generalized Assertions About Towns/States In Nigeria / Ladies 18 Things You Should Never Put In Your Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.