Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi (7314 Views)

Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair / Real Story On How Lt.col Fajuyi Was Killed By Danjuma & The Northern Coupists / Adekunle Fajuyi In Our Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Asabeq(f): 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
All this essay for me shocked
Kai! Walahi I don die cry

But even with our poverty and low education,we rule grin

Meanwhile in another news,a 27yrs old Igbo man risks his life to save a 16months old tiv baby!
This is service to God and humanity with sincere love not cowards who do it for what they will gain!

odua boy: And someone is even proud his animalistic brothers up north love taking innocent lives and properties.
Other regions are leaving the northern animals behind in every perspective of life,u can keep killing yourselves like the wild,uncouth,and primitive animals you people are known to be,no one gives a flying phuck.

* Poverty in the North, embarrassing – Yar'Adua
* North, by far, the poorest, says Gambari
ABUJA—The Northern Nigeria Economic andInvestment Summit, kicked off in Abuja yesterday with the World Bank, saying that Northern Nigeria has the highest number of children not going to School in the world.
Professor Ibrahim Gambari, Under Secretary-General, Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the United Nations in his address lamented the poverty level of the North usinggrim statistics.
“On Health and Education”, he said, “the levelof immunization of Children against dangerous childhood diseases, in the South-East is 44.6% immunization coverage, but the North-West has 3.7% and the North-East 3.6%.”, he said
“If you take the education of the girl-child asindicator, you see similar pattern of inequality with the South-East having an enrolment rate of 85%, South-Wes having anenrolment rate of 85%, South-South 75%, while the North-East 20% and North West 25%."
The Minister of Finance, Dr Usman Shamsudeen, while addressing the gathering of eminent Northerners at the Summit alluded the aforementioned to a recent World Bank statistics.
According to him, the level of education of a people has direct correlation with their livingstandards.
He then lamented that based on that correlation, Northern Nigeria was far behindall of humanity when it comes to Child Education.
His words: “About two months ago”, he said, “the Ministry of Finance organised a review session with our Development Partner like the World Bank. The World Bank representative gave a list of statistics that should shock all of us into action”, he said.
He said that "Northern Nigeria remains, and represents the only place in the world that has the highest number of Children that are not going to school. The Highest number of children that are not going to school in the world are in Northern Nigeria”, he emphasized.
He blamed the problem on lack of commitment and efforts on the part of Northern leaders. He then called on responsible, experienced and educated retired Northerners to take up political leadership of their various states, as politics has been hijacked by hoodlums who have turned it to total warfare
President Umaru Yar'Adua whose speech was read by the Minister of Commerce, Mr. Charles Ugwu, noted that there still remaineda worrisome and embarrassing poverty situation in most part of Northern Nigeria.
This, the President said, is in spite of a sustained Gross Domestic Product Growth Rate of 6%; relatively stabilised Naira, controlled inflation and an enviable Foreign Reserve presently put at over $63 billion in a stable polity.
“In fact, in most of the Northern States the poverty level is very high”, Yar A'dua observed.
“In some of these States, there is equally high unemployment rate, near total collapse of infrastructure, virtual absence of new investments, while practically all the States depend essentially on revenues accruing from the Federation Account”, he said.
He then called on Northern States to take theadvantage they have in Agriculture and Solid Mineral and harness them for the well being of their people.
Professor Ibrahim Gambari, Under Secretary-General, Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the United Nations in his address lamented the poverty level of the North usinggrim statistics.
“On Health and Education”, he said, “the levelof immunization of Children against dangerous childhood diseases, in the South-East is 44.6% immunization coverage, but the North-West has 3.7% and the North-East 3.6%.”, he said
“If you take the education of the girl-child asindicator, you see similar pattern of inequality with the South-East having an enrolment rate of 85%, South-Wes having anenrolment rate of 85%, South-South 75%, while the North-East 20% and North West 25%http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/53569/1/northern-nigeria-has-world-highest-illiterate-worl.html

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by sweetponmo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
apoti:

Well don't be surprised at their insults and hatred, it's just simple inferiority complex.

I'm sure if Fajuyi was Igbo and Ironsi Yoruba, the noise will be all over the place. But unfortunately, an igbo man can NEVER do what Fajuyi did, even their highly esteemed hero could not do that for his own kinsmen. He bravely fled the battlefield.
Ojukwu was the one who bravely fled the battle field with his family intact. I wonder why the Igbo race would celebrate him...
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by oduaboy1: 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Asabeq: All this essay for me shocked
Kai! Walahi I don die cry

But even with our poverty and low education,we rule grin

Meanwhile in another news,a 27yrs old Igbo man risks his life to save a 16months old tiv baby!
This is service to God and humanity with sincere love not cowards who do it for what they will gain!

What is the purpose of ruling the world when ur people remains impoverished and keep wallowing in poverty.
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by sweetponmo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
apoti:

Well don't be surprised at their insults and hatred, it's just simple inferiority complex.

I'm sure if Fajuyi was Igbo and Ironsi Yoruba, the noise will be all over the place. But unfortunately, an igbo man can NEVER do what Fajuyi did, even their highly esteemed hero could not do that for his own kinsmen. He bravely fled the battlefield.
Ojukwu was the one who bravely fled the battle field with his family intact. I wonder why the Igbo race would celebrate him...
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by oduaboy1: 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
karpentar:

After laying life for a single Ibo man, the Yoruba corrected that “mistake” by boosting the killings of millions of Ibos via Awo starvation formula. The correction continued when another Yoruba man ordered and supervised the successful massacre of the whole village of Odi in Bayelsa.
The latest one is more humane and more educated. I understand he's a SAN.Rather than outright killings, he’s dumping innocent people by Niger Bridge at night and hoping they will get drowned.
Why are ibos so fond of lieing
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by sweetponmo(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
odua boy: A yoruba laid down his life for an ibo man but an ibo man can never do that for his own ibo brother example ojukwu fleeing the civil war.
I wonder why Igbo people would celebrate Ojukwu who bravely fled the civil war...
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by karpentar: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
odua boy: Why are ibos so fond of lieing

I am Ijaw from Odi. Are we also fond of telling lies?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Asabeq(f): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don't mind the trouble makers always looking for Igbo people's trouble and shouting everybody loves them and hate Igbos. Allah kiaye!

karpentar:

I am Ijaw from Odi. Are we also fond of telling lies?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by bknight: 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Stop d war!

K'anyi n'ebi n'udo na ndokwa
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by ekwynwa: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
ONE LOVE, ONE BLOOD, ONE NIGERIA---- Rest in Peace (Mama & Papa) Fajuyi.
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Rexnegro(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mighty Fortress:
May Amadioha, Ogun and Sango fire ur own head!! If a yoruba man lays down his life, then so what?? Havent other people been doing it? Are Yorubas more human than Igbos? Dont animals do it? Are u less than an animals? Even here on Nairaland, we read of a Mouse laying down its life for a friend, and simply because of one useless documented deed, stupid ethnic bigots like u no want make we hear word! By the way, who told u Fajuyi laid down his life? Wia u dia when it happened? If he did, then Ironsi wouldnt have been killed! So shut up and use ur ASSU strike for better things than to come here and argue with ur superiors! Ode.
See who dey abuse person , Mumu is ASUU Ɲǿț assu ....Ha ., ha., ha., ha., ha., ha.,

\ː̗=))ː̖
^'// \_
^'
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mama, sun re. T'o ba ti de orun ki o s'orun re.
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by ACM10: 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
odua boy: liar source please

We've thrashed this topic before

Katsumoto: Nwankwo gave a summary of the events and left out some details.

1. Fajuyi was not arrested after he talked with Danjuma the first time. According to Danjuma, Fajuyi extracted a promise from Danjuma not to harm Ironsi. Danjuma told Fajuyi that they were there to arrest Ironsi. When the plotters were arguing with Ironsi about his inactions after the January coup, Fajuyi was still a mediator. It was during this argument that Nwankwo pulled a gun on Danjuma and the five other Northerners present directed their guns at Nwankwo.

2. When Gowon called the government house to warn Fajuyi and Ironsi about the coup, Danjuma answered the phone. This was a side house and not the main house. When Gowon asked Danjuma what was going on, Danjuma said he was there to arrest Ironsi. Again, no mention of Fajuyi.

3. Fajuyi was not arrested, charged, or had his name cited in any coup plotting material. I can not say for certain whether he was involved or not but it is quite possible that his name was slandered after his death. Afterall, the allegations only surfaced after his death.

All sources agree on the above facts. The stories start to change when Fajuyi, Ironsi and Nwankwo are bundled into a truck. Some sources claimed Danjuma walked back to the barracks while others place him at the scene of the killings. The question is, why were there different accounts after Ironsi and Fajuyi were killed? For one, the interview given by Danjuma to Army investigators (General Momoh - The Nigerian Civil War, 1967-1970.) contradicts that given by Walbe to Professor Elaigwu (Gowon: The Biography of a Soldier-Statesman). Walbe admits he was present when Ironsi and Fajuyi were killed but was silent about whether Danjuma was also there.

My opinion
Danjuma, Murtala and the other plotters could not justify the killing of an innocent man to his people and chose to malign his name by alleging that he was part of the plot. This is pure conjecture without facts. If there is no hard proof linking Fajuyi to the Jan 66 coup, then the only reasonable explanation is that he must have offered to die alongside Ironsi so as not to have the sin of complicity on his head. Or he may have been killed just because he was with Ironsi and the plotters did not want to leave a high ranking military officer as a witness. If Fajuyi was killed because it was alleged he knew about the January, then why weren't Gowon and Ojukwu also killed since it was alleged they also knew about the January coup?

Why must you lie? Does it make you sleep at night? Anytime you are busted on one lie in one thread you will pop up on another thread with a new spin on your lies. Read below an excerpt from the biography of Gowon written by professor Isawa Elaigwu.

Below is an excerpt from the book 'Gowon' by J. Isawa Elaigwu. You can find it on page 65.

Isawa Elaigwu: On 29th July, Lt Walbe and Major Danjuma were in effective contact at the State House after the change of guards. It was then that both officers walked up to Ironsi, saluted, and brought both Ironsi and Fajuyi downstairs. they were handed over to Lt Walbe(by Major Danjuma) to take charge. Lt Walbe and his troops took the two men to an area of bush at Ibadan where they subjected Ironsi to questions about the January coup and the Northern leaders and officers who died then. From the accounts of those who were there, Ironsi played the part of a very good soldier. Contrary to many publications suggesting that he made confessions, there seem to be no evidence of such confessions.
Similarly there was no evidence that Fajuyi was killed because he interceded for his host or that he refused to 'abandon his guest,' as reported by some publications. He was reported to have been very scared, and had been one of those marked down for elimination. By the time Major Akahan phoned Gowon in Lagos and received instructions to ensure that nothing happened to Ironsi, it was late. Even Major Akahan and Major Danjuma(then at Ibadan) had lost control over their boys.

Does the bolded sound familiar?

https://www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi/1
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by ACM10: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

Dede1

The problem with you is that you refuse to research accurately preferring hearsay. I provided a book which lists all the interviews following that coup. The Nigerian Civil War, 1967-1970: history and reminiscences (Momoh)

Please answer the question - why was Fajuyi as good a target as Ironsi?

Quoting Lt. Walbe from the same book. . .

According to Lt Walbe
Lt Walbe:
As far as I am concerned it was a lie(Yoruba publications). We arrested him as we arrested Ironsi. We suspected him of being party to the January coup. You remember the Battle Group Course which was held at Abeokuta . . . Fajuyi was Commander of the Battle Group course. He ran the course. All those who took part in the January coup were those who had taken part in that course. It gave us the impression that the Battle Course was arranged for the January Coup, so he had to suffer it too. I am sorry about that but that is the nature of the life of the military man

https://www.nairaland.com/945502/nigeria-break-up-2015/17
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by ACM10: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
remark D: I am glad i read through the thread cause some things i hadbelieved/heard from that Omoiygi guy is wrong. i dont understand why he would make up a fake letter of Ojukwu... i mean, what point is he trying to prove. i respected his website, but now feel cheated. i am glad he was challenged to provide evidence by the NNWDC group...
and Fajuiyi didnt choose to die with Ironsi as has been propagated? Gees, i've believed so many lies sad

So with me. I believed a lot of lies for too long. Yoruba writers are not helping matters. They've been the only source of information for far too long. But internet is seriously challengin their strangle-hold on the source of information. Then they turned to the internet to propagate falsehood. Most of them here will be most willin to quote those falsehood online as fact whenever u debates with them. Nowadays, I find it hard to believe any Nigerian history I reads on the web. Below is an excerpt from the book 'Gowon' by J. Isawa Elaigwu. You can find it on page 65.

Isawa Elaigwu: On 29th July, Lt Walbe and Major Danjuma were in effective contact at the State House after the change of guards. It was then that both officers walked up to Ironsi, saluted, and brought both Ironsi and Fajuyi downstairs. they were handed over to Lt Walbe(by Major Danjuma) to take charge. Lt Walbe and his troops took the two men to an area of bush at Ibadan where they subjected Ironsi to questions about the January coup and the Northern leaders and officers who died then. From the accounts of those who were there, Ironsi played the part of a very good soldier. Contrary to many publications suggesting that he made confessions, there seem to be no evidence of such confessions.
Similarly there was no evidence that Fajuyi was killed because he interceded for his host or that he refused to 'abandon his guest,' as reported by some publications. He was reported to have been very scared, and had been one of those marked down for elimination. By the time Major Akahan phoned Gowon in Lagos and received instructions to ensure that nothing happened to Ironsi, it was late. Even Major Akahan and Major Danjuma(then at Ibadan) had lost control over their boys.

https://www.nairaland.com/945502/nigeria-break-up-2015/16
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 27, 2013
How can any Country expect to develop with so many holidays! You have two days of weekend every week, Christian holidays, Muslim holidays, National holidays, international holidays and a lazy work ethic...Fajuyi holiday?! Bad Idea, you can do better by teaching about his exploits in schools
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Rexnegro(m): 12:34am On Aug 22, 2014
MightyFortress:
May Amadioha, Ogun and Sango fire ur own head!! If a yoruba man lays down his life, then so what?? Havent other people been doing it? Are Yorubas more human than Igbos? Dont animals do it? Are u less than an animals? Even here on Nairaland, we read of a Mouse laying down its life for a friend, and simply because of one useless documented deed, stupid ethnic bigots like u no want make we hear word! By the way, who told u Fajuyi laid down his life? Wia u dia when it happened? If he did, then Ironsi wouldnt have been killed! So shut up and use ur ASSU strike for better things than to come here and argue with ur superiors! Ode.

Ur follow come sickness don start again right ? Mumu
Re: Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 22, 2014
Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has said his government would consider setting aside a day as a public holiday in recognition of the valiant act of the first military governor of the old Western State and hero of the 1966 coup, late Col Adekunle Fajuyi.

Is it really true that this man called Fayemi is irredeemably clueless?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebiseni Picks PDP Governorship Form / Inside Africa’s Biggest Warship : NNS Thunder. / NNPC Records N85.5 Billion Loss On Petrol Importation, Says Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.