Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,381 members, 7,843,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death (24908 Views)

Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured) / Doctor Claims Pregnant 15-year-old Teen Is Still A Virgin / Breakthrough: Nigerian Rev. Doctor Claims To Have Cure To Hiv/aids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
I watch a documentary where they said in the future we can be able to store(Backup) brain and human memory. After the person is dead you can put the memory back in another body. Our body is juts like a cellphone, once is destroyed then you will just backup after you get a new body.. Hopefully Naija can come to this stage of thinking, right now we still talking about child mariage.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by razzydoo(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is amazing. Most superstitious nigerians won't believe tho
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by inosend: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
see wetin oyinbo scientists dey do? I tire for naija. No incentive for research.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Clinical death of majorly cardiac arrest victims can be prolonged paving way for resuscitation. When cardiac arrest occurs, the heart stops beating resulting in stoppage of blood pumps And the lungs stops pumping oxygen to the blood and the brain slows down. If doctors fashion out how to slow down the temperature of body, then pump oxygen into the body, then the blood can assimilate oxygen and stay alive until what blocks the heart can be fixed and the heart restarted.

Nairalanders, God is us, we should play God cos we are it

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by jamestty: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dat one good
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Neatboy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
At times I still wonder what kind of mindset an average black man has. There is alot of 'don't' in Africa. Don't go there it's forbidden and don't go there it is sacred. The black skinned man is too religious to my liking. It is crystal clear and scientifically proven that man has not even finish using two percent of his ten percent wisdom or intellegence. Don't doubt it when things like these come up because according to my bible we are all gods and superhumans. We can do the unthinkable and unbelievable. God made man in His own image, and if man really knows the by-product of what he is, man should have the solutions to all his problems. God ask man to come and reason with Him, the almighty. It is simply because He knew too well what he made in man. He knew that man is a super-intellegent being. This is one of the reasons why the black skinned man is still backward because he barely and hardly believe in 'posibility.' Religion should not be our opium.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by fyneboi79(m): 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ghost mode!!
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by EmmanuellaAop: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
iamswizz: SPEECHLESS

WE FOR DON REVIVE DA GRIN cry
..Even Abacha nd dame pej's motha
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by miky(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dike Chimezie: White man research go lead am to hell o.
#Just saying#

It's the same research you use when you take malaria drugs, typhoid, cholera, tuberculosis, polio, chicken pox, etc etc..

100 to 300 years ago people thought the earth was flat and alone, they never thought that viruses and bacteria, things we couldn't see existed.. Or that one day humans would live out in space.. After all they said god will destroy everything that goes too high like the Tower of Babel... Well we build space stations way higher now..

This stupidity was because of their naivety and false religions... So whatever crap you say, realize scientist have heard them all before and ever worse...even geniuses like Galileo and isaac newton spent time in jail,, for the idiotic Catholic Church who thought the earth was flat and center of the universe...

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by miky(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Neatboy: At times I still wonder what kind of mindset an average black man has. There is alot of 'don't' in Africa. Don't go there it's forbidden and don't go there it is sacred. The black skinned man is too religious to my liking. It is crystal clear and scientifically proven that man has not even finish using two percent of his ten percent wisdom or intellegence. Don't doubt it when things like these come up because according to my bible we are all gods and superhumans. We can do the unthinkable and unbelievable. God made man in His own image, and if man really knows the by-product of what he is, man should have the solutions to all his problems. God ask man to come and reason with Him, the almighty. It is simply because He knew too well what he made in man. He knew that man is a super-intellegent being. This is one of the reasons why the black skinned man is still backward because he barely and hardly believe in 'posibility.' Religion should not be our opium.

Please don't give up on our people,, we have some of the most stupid fools on earth that fit only as slaves, but that's the plight of the black race for now.. Things can change, but must start with our minds first....
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by miky(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
razzydoo: This is amazing. Most superstitious nigerians won't believe tho

No be today infact their children children children would find it as big news.. That is after this thing has become normal to civilized nations...
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by hod898(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Excellent! But do you know that this innovation can be misplaced and used for bad purposes?
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
*sigh*.. I can't believe the comments I'm reading here! There are sooo many dumb people in Africa. If those scientists had your myopic mindsets, then I doubt if we would have had a cure for malaria or a vaccine for polio or even cell phones since your pastors will tell you that it's one evil spirit communicating inside it!

I doubt if they even bothered to read the article. *sighs again*... This level of dumbness irks me! sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Visocrate(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
HMMMM dont know what to say
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Orikinla(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
[size=18pt]Unlike today's malevolent movie zombies, the original Haitian zombies were not villains but victims. They are corpses who have been re-animated and controlled by magical means for some specific purpose (usually labor). Historically, fear of zombies was used as a method of political and social control in Haiti. Those people believed to have the magical power to zombify a person — mainly witch doctors called bokors — were widely feared and respected. Bokors were also believed to be in service of the Tonton Macoute, the brutal and much-feared secret police used by the oppressive Duvalier political regimes (1957-1984). Those who defied authorities were threatened with becoming the living dead—a concern not taken lightly.

http://news.discovery.com/history/history-zombies-12-6-4.htm[/size]
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Visocrate(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
dead cells can not be revived once the protoplasm of a cell ceases to work thats all the person is gun(gone)
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by razzydoo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
miky:

No be today infact their children children children would find it as big news.. That is after this thing has become normal to civilized nations...
true talk cheesy
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by steveec122(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Coefficient: These people are trying so hard to play God.
No, science do not play God. God loves scientists for exploring his abundant creations and unveiling mysteries of his glory and pleasure, He said thru his prophets that Knowledge shall increase. What God hate are atheists.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
there was a time in medical science it was a taboo, to operate on the human heart...wonderful research. I wish my country would harness the potential of its youthful generation to make some meaningful contribution to science

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by dnawah(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Resident Evil,them no go fit bring back person wey okeja juju kill.my hand no dey o!
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Abbott(m): 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
steve_cantrell: Dr. Parnia is to a large extent correct in his assertion. There are 2 types of death, CLINICAL death where the obvious signs of life eg. Heart beat, pulse and respiratory activity are absent but the brain and central nervous system still viable.
The second, BIOLOGICAL death, is when the brain and other neurons regulating heartbeat and breathing are beyond revival. That is DEATH as we know it.

The technology simply tries to prolong the window of opportunity between clinical death and biological death.

It isn't sorcery or fantasy. It is quite practicable.

That is a very precise and accurate summary of the article. Brilliant!
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Eddy2cute(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
Kx: Aurora?
abi na? Is this cryonics? Freeze someone for years and then brings them back? Damm
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Some of the comments here are so ignorant its shocking. Guess they are the type who would have been shouting end time things when doctors came up with someone donating blood to someone else. In fact recently met some man who told me how giving or receiving blood was strange and he would donate as it would affect the person's "sprit". We have a long way to go in these parts.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by lolaluv1(f): 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
People are so averse to progressive changes. If our forefathers were like y'all, we'd all be walking stark naked on the bushpaths to our caves.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hope we dont get to see real life FRANKENSTEINS on the streets soon! gonna toss tha guagua ta da double8,tha b.tch for his fillets...
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Policewoman(f): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
IamD rock:
[url=http://]Click Here[/url] For More latest gists/news like this today.
www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-parnia-md-phd/resuscitation-science_b_2767935.html
http://www./news-doctor-invents-new-way-of-waking-up.xhtml
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oIS HE GOD shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Policewoman(f): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hope we won't have a RESIDENT EVIL 5 on our hands shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by godman01(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Must the person die first before helping him to live back?
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by godman01(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
ikp4succes: I watch a documentary where they said in the future we can be able to store(Backup) brain and human memory. After the person is dead you can put the memory back in another body. Our body is juts like a cellphone, once is destroyed then you will just backup after you get a new body.. Hopefully Naija can come to this stage of thinking, right now we still talking about child mariage.
And where do you get the Spirit that will use your backup?
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by vicfajeze: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
world without end? world without end?
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dike Chimezie: White man research go lead am to hell o.
#Just saying#

MY BROTHER I AM WONDERING.WHEN WILL THIS PEOPLE STOP COMPITING WITH GOD IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE $ TECHNOLOGY
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by UyiIredia(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
The Writer: [size=19pt]
True story. As long as a body is put in stasis (or cryogenic preservation), it is technically possible to reverse death.
[/size]

I also know of cryogenics and the talk by its practitioners of nursing dead 'patients' back to life but seriously cryogenics is yet to be shown feasible and I don't think it is. Cryogenics can only be made feasible by quantum leaps in nueroscience, genetics and information technology and even then I doubt that one's persona will be resurrected after prolonged periods of cellular death (never mind success of certain suspended animation experiments) ESPECIALLY if the brain degrades given flaws in the cryogenic process. Critically, one shouldn't confuse stasis seen in some organisms as evidence for feasibility of claims of transhumanists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Health Benefits Of Guguru And Groundnut To Men (a Natural Man Power Food) / Ladies! This Guifeibao Pill Is So Superb!! / SEPLAT To Build $1.2m Hospital In Imo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.