Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? (14878 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Infoman51: 9:20am On Aug 28, 2013
Eeja Nla01: sadConfused on the Angels does not enters home where pictures and Dogs are,what about the angels of death and the recording angels don't they enter also?
They are not these kind of angels you mentioned, They are the angels that bring blessings from Allah.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by BetaThings: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2013
Anvaller:

On what premise is this ridiculous statement? Nothing wey I no go hear from fellow muslims. They confuse themselves even at the level of the so revered scholars and even when the Quran is clear and unambiguous. Or is it? Betathings? Are u referring to the God's revelation as the Shariah of old? Well Al Quran is not sharia OK? Sharia is a different thing entirely. Stop mixing things all up.

What is Shariah? Please explain to me

Anvaller:
And ur thinking comes off more like the typical xtian beleif of old/versus new testament. Well may be I know why u said it, cos the Hadith is no different from the Bible, they are both mere narrations hence both characterized with consistent inconsistencies.

So how was the Qur'an transmitted to you? In a book addressed delivered to your mail box? Your reference to new and old testament is strange. How many times did the people of old pray daily
Again, how do you summon people to prayer?
Tell me about making dua for the unbeliever using the example of prophet Ibrahim (AS)

Anvaller:
U need to be smartly consistent with the line of ur arguments because here u mentioned the children of Adam but do u not know that prohibition to marry our siblings came to existence as it was clearly revealed in the Quran? It wasn't just a narration from a chain report in a hadith. So that is very clear, U can not substitute mere narrations for the mighty revelations of the Almighty. May be u and I will never agree on this and its ok with me.

If you continue to dispute the authority of ahadeeth, we will not agree on anything. That is a matter of aqeedah
Our difference with people are not muslims are primarily based on aqeedah
Please explain this clear revelation in the Qur'an

Anvaller:
Well if u think I only told u what I believe, how is that different from every other person including u here telling us what u believe? Tell me?
Because your views are different and strange. There is a commonality in the thinking and the authorities referenced by others

Anvaller:
I did not call anyone sinner here, I simply referred to God's warning for anyone prohibiting what he the Almighty has never prohibited for mankind, so are u guilty of the warning?

You used the word sin. What does that imply. You can advise people without saying they are sinning
It is wrong to say that ahadeeth mean nothing.
Forget about the warning and me. I know who to take warnings from.

Anvaller:
And u said that the same Quran tells us that the Prophet is our perfect example. Well of course, no one is disputing that but why don't u go further to prove how that translates to that the prophet has the authority to make new revelations to overwrite God's, (I will be waiting for ur proves) he is a deliverer of "the message", God did not arrogate to ANY prophet the authority to make their own law. The duty and or responsibility of the prophet is clearly defined in the Quran. If u do not know, go and find out.
I submit that he has not made new revelations. You can point to those
But please give me 2 PRACTICAL instances of how the Prophet (SAW) can be a perfect example to a Muslim
I recall now that you were the same person telling me that we cannot pray for the dead muslims
I strongly recommend that you stop misleading people

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by deols(f): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2013
Please Anvaller,

How many rakaah do you observe for subhi prayers?
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2013
[b]Wow!! So Islam expressly forbids having a dog huh?!

Okay! here is where religion gets really funny. I'm sure the authors|editors|founders|originators of the Quran & Islam as at the time they wrote the scriptures only knew of two purposes for Dogs which were listed as;

1. Guarding Sheeps|Cattles|livestock.
2. Guarding Farms &
3. Hunting.

REFER:Sahih Bukhari 3:515,Narrated Abu Huraira Allah's Apostle said:Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily,unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle.Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet,unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms,or for hunting.

As I read through this thread, and noticed that keeping Dogs is Haram Sin in Islam. I also noticed that some muslims here have tried to expand the accepted usage of Dogs to include 'Walk dogs, Human guard dogs, e.t.c', but I'm sorry, the Quran was specific in its 'immunity clause' for owning Dogs, its says for Hunting & guarding Livestocks only! #PERIOD.

Now lets bring this Islamic doctrine to 2013 and our current ways of life. As at the time that the characters in the Quran lived & this book was written, They were mostly normadic farmers, cattle rearers, e.t.c.. Fast forward to Today, the use of Dogs have expanded way beyond just guarding livestocks and hunting.. Here are some things that the authors of the Quran could never have fathomed possible with dogs in the 0000B.C when they lived;

1. Pet: Dogs as pets serve a big purpose to mankind. Helps fight loneliness, depression and gives its owners companionship and happiness in some cases. This serves an important health function.

2. Service or assistance dogs: help people with various disabilities in every day tasks. Some examples include mobility assistance dogs for the physically handicapped, guide dogs for the visually impaired, and hearing dogs for the hearing impaired.

3. Therapy dogs: visit people who are incapacitated or prevented in some way from having freedom of movement; these dogs provide cheer and entertainment for the elderly in retirement facilities, the ill and injured in hospitals, and so on. The very act of training dogs can also act as a therapy for human handlers, as in a prisoner rehabilitation project.

4. Rescue dogs: assist people who are in difficult situations, such as in the water after a boat disaster.

5. Search dogs: locate people who are missing; lost in the wilderness, escaped from nursing homes, covered in snow avalanches, buried under collapsed buildings, etc.

6. War Dogs or K9 Corps: are used by armed forces in many of the same roles as civilian working dogs, but in a military context. In addition, specialized military tasks such as mine detection or wire laying have been assigned to dogs. Military Working Dog is the more formal, current term for dogs trained for use in military tasks.

7. Police dogs, also sometimes called K9 Units, are usually trained to track or immobilize possible criminals while assisting officers in making arrests or investigating the scene of a crime. Some are even specially trained for anti-terrorist units, as in Austria.

These are just some amongst many others, including; Entertainment dogs|Show Dogs, e.t.c...

Culled from Wikipedia

So now...

Is Islam saying that these other uses for dogs are also HARAM?!

I read where someone said that you can keep dogs, as long as you keep them from eating Haram and away from where you pray and also that you remove all your clothes that must have touched the Dog before you pray. #FINE! But what about those blind Muslims with service dogs that helps them navigate and hear?! How should they manage?!

Anyways... Heres my take.

We cant live our lives by rules set down in a period where an Abacus was not even an invention. Dogs have been found to be Mans best friend indeed. They have saved more humans than they have killed in history. They have evolved so much since the days of the Prophets of Islam|Christianity that all that is left is for them to be able to speak and then they become the perfect animal companion.

The fact that you own dogs will not stop you from entering Paradise. I'm sure that Allah doesnt mind that we own Animals or associate with animals.

So if you love dogs, then go get yourself one. #THE ONLY RULE YOU HAVE IS TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT... SImple.

Allahu Akbar

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by lanrexlan(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2013
Anvaller:

On what premise is this ridiculous statement? Nothing wey I no go hear from fellow muslims. They confuse themselves even at the level of the so revered scholars and even when the Quran is clear and unambiguous.
So those hadiths are from revered scholars? Bro,if you are a quraniyoon it's your choice.
Or is it? Betathings? Are u referring to the God's revelation as the Shariah of old? Well Al Quran is not sharia OK? Sharia is a different thing entirely.Stop mixing things all up.

And ur thinking comes off more like the typical xtian beleif of old/versus new testament.Well may be I know why u said it, cos the Hadith is no different from the Bible,they are both mere narrations hence both characterized with consistent inconsistencies.
Different law to different people at different time.During the time of Moses(pbuh),somethings were made forbidden for the children of Israel.But when Isa(True Christ)[pbuh] came,he made lawful those things that were forbidden.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Imran 3:50- And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurah and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you,and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord(Allah).So fear Allah and obey me..
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is the Perfector of the deen.If I may ask,why don't you use stone to clean up after urinating as used by the prophets of the old? Why using water?

U need to be smartly consistent with the line of ur arguments because here u mentioned the children of Adam but do u not know that prohibition to marry our siblings came to existence as it was clearly revealed in the Quran? It wasn't just a narration from a chain report in a hadith. So that is very clear,U can not substitute mere narrations for the mighty revelations of the Almighty.May be u and I will never agree on this and its ok with me.
Can you point a verse from the Quran that supports rearing of dogs as pets? The story of People of the Cave,their dog was a watch/guard dog and maybe used for hunting[Surah Al-Kahf 18:18].
Allah says in Surah Al-Hashr 59:7 -And whatsoever the Messenger[Muhammad(pbuh)] gives you,take it;and whatsoever he forbids you,abstain from it.And fear Allah;verily,Allah is severe in punishment..
The prophet(pbuh)prohibts dogs as pets,he allowed guard dogs,so where are the hadiths contradicting the Quran?

Well if u think I only told u what I believe, how is that different from every other person including u here telling us what u believe? Tell me?

I did not call anyone sinner here,I simply referred to God's warning for anyone prohibiting what he the Almighty has never prohibited for mankind,so are u guilty of the warning?
But His Prophet(pbuh) prohibits such and the prohibition isn't against the Quran.Keep to your belief

And u said that the same Quran tells us that the Prophet is our perfect example. Well of course,no one is disputing that but why don't u go further to prove how that translates to that the prophet has the authority to make new revelations to overwrite God's, (I will be waiting for ur proves) he is a deliverer of "the message", God did not arrogate to ANY prophet the authority to make their own law.The duty and or responsibility of the prophet is clearly defined in the Quran.If u do not know,go and find out.
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) doesn't speak on his own desire[Surah An-Najm 53:3].And no authentic hadith will negate or contradicts the Quran.Allah says in Surah Al-Anfal 8:20 -O you believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger[Muhammad(pbuh)] and turn not away from him while you are hearing.
Allah also says in Surah An-Nisa 4:80 -He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW),has indeed obeyed Allah,but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a watcher over them.......Peace

2 Likes

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Policewoman(f): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
PLS what of police dogs because some of my colleagues in the dog unit are muslims and are always in contact with the dogs even before they pray, meaning d dogs must have touched their uniforms and yet they wear them to pray.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by BetaThings: 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
lanrexlan: So those hadiths are from revered scholars? Bro,if you are a quraniyoon it's your choice.
Don't mind him

The Quran was transmitted to us by the Companions; The ahadeeth were transmitted by the companions
Yet they accept one and reject the other
The Prophet (SAW) is an example that we should follow as stated in the Quran
So how will they follow his example if there are no ahadeeth?
Can they make adhan without ahadeeth?

The very fact that these people try to teach people the Qur'an nullifies their stand
If they need to study it, then the Prophet must have taught it to people.
So who do we know what he taught them without ahadeeth?

These people just try to mislead the unsuspecting

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by touchmeder: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
JaaizTech: Being a Vet Doctor is a noble profession, that could attract a lot of rewards from Allah, if it is done with the right intentions. Taking care of animals is meritorious deed, that would attract rewards if done with the right intentions. As for keeping Dogs, it has to be for Halal reasons, security, walk dog, hunting etc. And you have to observe all the rules in dealing with Dogs e.g You can't pray with clothes touched by the Dog, you to have wash plates used by the Dog or anything its tongue touches severally before it can be used for personal use.

lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by lanrexlan(m): 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
BetaThings:
Don't mind him

The Quran was transmitted to us by the Companions; The ahadeeth were transmitted by the companions
Yet they accept one and reject the other
The Prophet (SAW) is an example that we should follow as stated in the Quran
So how will they follow his example if there are no ahadeeth?
Can they make adhan without ahadeeth?

The very fact that these people try to teach people the Qur'an nullifies their stand
If they need to study it, then the Prophet must have taught it to people.
So who do we know what he taught them without ahadeeth?

These people just try to mislead the unsuspecting
Don't mind those Quraniyoons jare.They have proofs for what they are doing.May Allah(swt) in his mercy protects us from such.....Peace
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by PENMIGHT(m): 6:50am On Aug 29, 2013
lanrexlan: Don't mind those Quraniyoons jare.They have proofs for what they are doing.May Allah(swt) in his mercy protects us from such.....Peace

Allaah says:
Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers( by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying," we believe in Some but reject others" and wish to adopt a way in between.

They are in truth disbelievers.And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment. Q 4 vs 150-151

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by lanrexlan(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2013
PEN_MIGHT:

Allaah says:
Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers( by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying," we believe in Some but reject others" and wish to adopt a way in between.

They are in truth disbelievers.And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment. Q 4 vs 150-151
Sorry bro,I forgot to add NO.They have no proofs for what they are doing I mean.Thanks
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by showietee: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju][b]Wow!! So Islam expressly forbids having a dog huh?!

Okay! here is where religion gets really funny. I'm sure the authors|editors|founders|originators of the Quran & Islam as at the time they wrote the scriptures only knew of two purposes for ...

@okija_juju- you try wit ur research but muslims don't need non-muslims to tell us how to live the islamic life... I don't know why you're so concerned bout islamic issues, OR CAN YOU CRY MORE THAN THE BEREAVED?

If only you actually know what “Laws and Punishmet“ entails, you won't come out here to make analysis of those that did not follow laws...

Why do Muslims turn to the non-Muslims to solve problems in the Muslim lands? This is d wrong approach.

Live ur lyf & leave us to our's.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=showietee][/quote]

You wanna address me?!

Lol.. Maybe Muslims need non-muslims to point out the errors of their ways...

By Islamic laws, Blind Muslims whit seeing-eye Dogs look like Infidels.. grin
And the fact that I'm not a Muslim does not mean I cant comment on Islamic matters. Its this hardline extremist attitude of yours that has birth all the Terrorist groups associated with Islam today.

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by deols(f): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
^^

And terrorism must be involved huh?

I think dogs can be used for everything beneficial apart from just keeping them in the house. Going by your post, no.1 2ould be the only reason not to have them

And Allah knows best.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by showietee: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

You wanna address me?!

Lol.. Maybe Muslims need non-muslims to point out the errors of their ways...

By Islamic laws, Blind Muslims whit seeing-eye Dogs look like Infidels.. grin
Its this hardline extremist attitude of yours that has birth all the Terrorist groups associated with Islam today.

Errors of their ways?
We have our laws and you have yours, live by yours and leave us to ours. There are somethings that you and some other non-muslims think is morally right but is not right to we muslims. So lets accept our differences and respect each other. Wit that the nation ll integrate.
Comment
4 here, u can comment but in realworld u can't.
Extremist
Abiding does not mean one has gone beyond law. Search 4 truth
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
showietee:

Errors of their ways?
We have our laws and you have yours, live by yours and leave us to ours. There are somethings that you and some other non-muslims think is morally right but is not right to we muslims. So lets accept our differences and respect each other. Wit that the nation ll integrate.
Comment
4 here, u can comment but in realworld u can't.
Extremist
Abiding does not mean one has gone beyond law. Search 4 truth

Man was not made for the Law, but the Law for man..

#Go Figure..
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
okija juju is trying to make us muslims osus or thinking we will rush to his shrine making ourselves osus [children of the little gods]. islam is complete and every situation has exceptions or at least 1. in the time of the prophet [sa], there was a blind companion [ra]. if dog is useful and permissible for hunting, you bet it will not less useful or less permissible for the blind.

and today, not all legally blind people needs an eye dog. there is the walking cane. and if you are wealthy like stevie wonder, a man will perform better. and they are developing a device now that can even eliminate chemical sniffing dog.

i thought you okija juju used to put white powder on your body with raffia skirt to cover something. what happened? you are getting civilized.

on a side issue, i was told this past few days most osu people are the wealthy and powerful. and if they dont marry within the cast, they marry hausas and yorubas and others. i laughed and i hope my muslim people see advantage of making igbo muslim faster than allowing them to come at their own pace.

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
RoyPCain: okija juju is trying to make us muslims osus or thinking we will rush to his shrine making ourselves osus [children of the little gods]. islam is complete and every situation has exceptions or at least 1. in the time of the prophet [sa], there was a blind companion [ra]. if dog is useful and permissible for hunting, you bet it will not less useful or less permissible for the blind.

and today, not all legally blind people needs an eye dog. there is the walking cane. and if you are wealthy like stevie wonder, a man will perform better. and they are developing a device now that can even eliminate chemical sniffing dog.

i thought you okija juju used to put white powder on your body with raffia skirt to cover something. what happened? you are getting civilized.

on a side issue, i was told this past few days most osu people are the wealthy and powerful. and if they dont marry within the cast, they marry hausas and yorubas and others. i laughed and i hope my muslim people see advantage of making igbo muslim faster than allowing them to come at their own pace.

wtf do you smoke?

You actually believe that a cane is better than a seeing eye dog...

i give up.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
okija juju does not know that some people want the least amount of attention to themselves. in some parts of the world people are not as hostile as we are in nigeria. they care more for the handicapped so much so people volunteer to help them in spite of the presence or absence of obvious assistance like the dog or stick. they have designation privileges, etc.

get out of the shrine, sometimes and see a world of difference out there.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by kolamilan(m): 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
i hate dogs.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2013
RoyPCain: okija juju does not know that some people want the least amount of attention to themselves. in some parts of the world people are not as hostile as we are in nigeria. they care more for the handicapped so much so people volunteer to help them in spite of the presence or absence of obvious assistance like the dog or stick. they have designation privileges, etc.

get out of the shrine, sometimes and see a world of difference out there.

What are you on about?
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
abeg osu man stop asking questions until you ditch your powdery body rub and raffia skirt. get away from the shrine and go to the general village people. too much time around the god you made with your hands and those who have the same opinion that they are have power would not get your elevator to the topmost floor.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by golpen(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Wow!! So Islam expressly forbids having a dog huh?!

Okay! here is where religion gets really funny. I'm sure the authors|editors|founders|originators of the Quran & Islam as at the time they wrote the scriptures only knew of two purposes for Dogs which were listed as;

1. Guarding Sheeps|Cattles|livestock.
2. Guarding Farms &
3. Hunting.

REFER:Sahih Bukhari 3:515,Narrated Abu Huraira Allah's Apostle said:Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily,unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle.Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet,unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms,or for hunting.

As I read through this thread, and noticed that keeping Dogs is Haram Sin in Islam. I also noticed that some muslims here have tried to expand the accepted usage of Dogs to include 'Walk dogs, Human guard dogs, e.t.c', but I'm sorry, the Quran was specific in its 'immunity clause' for owning Dogs, its says for Hunting & guarding Livestocks only! #PERIOD.

Now lets bring this Islamic doctrine to 2013 and our current ways of life. As at the time that the characters in the Quran lived & this book was written, They were mostly normadic farmers, cattle rearers, e.t.c.. Fast forward to Today, the use of Dogs have expanded way beyond just guarding livestocks and hunting.. Here are some things that the authors of the Quran could never have fathomed possible with dogs in the 0000B.C when they lived;

1. Pet: Dogs as pets serve a big purpose to mankind. Helps fight loneliness, depression and gives its owners companionship and happiness in some cases. This serves an important health function.

2. Service or assistance dogs: help people with various disabilities in every day tasks. Some examples include mobility assistance dogs for the physically handicapped, guide dogs for the visually impaired, and hearing dogs for the hearing impaired.

3. Therapy dogs: visit people who are incapacitated or prevented in some way from having freedom of movement; these dogs provide cheer and entertainment for the elderly in retirement facilities, the ill and injured in hospitals, and so on. The very act of training dogs can also act as a therapy for human handlers, as in a prisoner rehabilitation project.

4. Rescue dogs: assist people who are in difficult situations, such as in the water after a boat disaster.

5. Search dogs: locate people who are missing; lost in the wilderness, escaped from nursing homes, covered in snow avalanches, buried under collapsed buildings, etc.

6. War Dogs or K9 Corps: are used by armed forces in many of the same roles as civilian working dogs, but in a military context. In addition, specialized military tasks such as mine detection or wire laying have been assigned to dogs. Military Working Dog is the more formal, current term for dogs trained for use in military tasks.

7. Police dogs, also sometimes called K9 Units, are usually trained to track or immobilize possible criminals while assisting officers in making arrests or investigating the scene of a crime. Some are even specially trained for anti-terrorist units, as in Austria.

These are just some amongst many others, including; Entertainment dogs|Show Dogs, e.t.c...

Culled from Wikipedia

So now...

Is Islam saying that these other uses for dogs are also HARAM?!

I read where someone said that you can keep dogs, as long as you keep them from eating Haram and away from where you pray and also that you remove all your clothes that must have touched the Dog before you pray. #FINE! But what about those blind Muslims with service dogs that helps them navigate and hear?! How should they manage?!

Anyways... Heres my take.

We cant live our lives by rules set down in a period where an Abacus was not even an invention. Dogs have been found to be Mans best friend indeed. They have saved more humans than they have killed in history. They have evolved so much since the days of the Prophets of Islam|Christianity that all that is left is for them to be able to speak and then they become the perfect animal companion.

The fact that you own dogs will not stop you from entering Paradise. I'm sure that Allah doesnt mind that we own Animals or associate with animals.

So if you love dogs, then go get yourself one. #THE ONLY RULE YOU HAVE IS TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT... SImple.

Allahu Akbar

[/b]

I must say I sincerely like your dog classification only I think you're getting it wrong somewhere.

I'll like to start by telling you that islamic laws, if you look critically into it, blends with all aspects and periods of life and the thing is; when islam approves or forbids a thing, there's always a logical reason behind it only if one lacks the awareness...

Now when you have cases like that, previous similar incidents, in respect to the Qur'an, sunnah and haduth are referred to in order to give fatwahs for the new age happenings.

In your own case, there are some classification that are baseless, like keeping them as pets, entertainment et al, but on some other reasonable cases, better options may be sought instead of using what Allah prohibits. How many blind men walk on your street with dogs as their guides? This means blind men can survive without dogs so using dogs as guides may be disliked. Rescue dogs may be approved provided IF their no other means of rescue.

Bottom line; the use of dogs in a baseless or an absurd manner is prohibited, use in a necessary manner is disliked if there's a close replacement, and use when no other option is available may be allowed.

Peace.
Re: Can A Muslim Veterinarian Keep Dogs? by Vetsurgeon: 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nokio1: nothing like muslim vegetarian, wat will happen to all the suya, shaki,ngwongo and kilishi dat is waiting for them in aljanna?
you dull pass akpors.. How veterinarian resemble vegetarian? Am nt sure you passed your junior waec dumm ass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Martyrdom Of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) In The Holy Month Of Ramadan / She Made Love To Me (In Ramadam Kareem) / Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.