Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS (37749 Views)

Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. / Made In Nigeria Remote Control Aircraft / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Airforce1: Mtchew....

Something that even a nursery school pupil can build.

Just wasted my MB clicking on dis thread.

Bros, are you serious? Oya post ya own tongue.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by BigBen10: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
What material did you use to build the body(exterior) and where and how much can i get it
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by iterator25: 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
BigBen10: What material did you use to build the body(exterior) and where and how much can i get it
clay lipsrsealed
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Wallie(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
BigBen10: What material did you use to build the body(exterior) and where and how much can i get it

He did not build the frame that you're looking at but if you want to build one, the best material when considering weight vs strength vs cost is EPO (expanded polyolefin) foam.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by ITbomb(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
Till I see a pix of it flying.
Dont care if assembled or manufactured.
JUST MAKE IT FLY

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by 190theclown: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
megadeath: Hehehe. Lies!! Those planes and that tarmac are in NAF base kaduna. No silly nairalander built them. They're being used to teach airforce personnel drone technology.

ROTFL grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by 190theclown: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
ITbomb: Till I see a pix of it flying.
Dont care if assembled or manufactured.
JUST MAKE IT FLY

FLY TO WHERE

YOUR BEDROOM grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by edwonderz(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Dude I was gonna castigate you for posting such on a technology thread, but that was ubber cool I must confess. Would like to work with the producer of that video.
Apologise man, never meant to deviate from the topic. Thanks anyway.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by donem: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
lots of peeps getting this Op post twisted, i reread this thread and never saw where d op categorically stated that he invented/built d drone like aircraft, in my comprehension i think the Op is showing off his acquired toy planes.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by kunlekunle: 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
ibkaye: Thumbs up, how long did it take you to build what you have so far?

or to assemble
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by kunlekunle: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by akereconfi: 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
SCAM................show us proof...the body finishing is superb jor
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by BlogStablecom(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
End Time Tinz
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Michyeddy(f): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
BlogStable.com:
End Time Tinz
dah wo!!!! Ame sime tu tu!
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Aedesmuskeeto: 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
No be F-16 i dey see sooo?? Bros you try....
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by AyodejiCharles(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
ts exciting to know there is someone close by that
loves RC. Am just a couple of months old in Nairaland and just saw this
post. I am surprised that since 2008, this topic is only 1 page long.
Ok, I love RC. All around me is RC. My living room, my bedroom, i have
airplane hanging on th wall. I have more than 30 airplane models in my
hanger. My Airplanes are both electric and gas engine. I own jets F-22,
Russian MIG-29 VT, F117 stealth, E-Flite Habu 32, the F-18, the Su-34,
Eurofighter and more. I am also currently assembling my first kero start
turbine jet. Its powered by kingtech 14kg thrust turbine that will use
kerosene mixed with a little oil.
I also have 3D Aerobatics like the E-Flite Carbon-z Yak54, Aeroworks 55cc
Extra, Aeroworks Yak 54. The aerowork extra is huge and uses petrol
mixed with oil.
I fly 3D Aerobatics most of the time and can do a lot of 3D Maneuvers. I
am not much into Helis but I own a T-REX 450 running 3S and Kasama
Size 700+ running 12s. These are serious 3D Helis with Gyros and I fly
around pretty comfortably but still learning 3D.
I am also interested in RC cars and boats. I have 2 E-Revo RC electric
buggy and 1 Baja5B 29cc Petrol engine buggy. I also have a Genesis
catamaran RC Boat that I sail once in a while in Jabi Lake Abuja. I have
lots of video but too busy to edit and upload to youtube. I have just a
few - http://www.youtube.com/user/sidajili
If you are out there and interested in RC hobby, lets hook up and share
ideas. These are serious stuff and NOT toys for kids. Lets meet and fly.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by AyodejiCharles(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
.I went through the Op posts on Nairaland.... And the above post was what I came across. So enough of the Noise! Case Dismissed!
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by 0Dynamic0(m): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
Airforce1: Mtchew....

Something that even a nursery school pupil can build.

Just wasted my MB clicking on dis thread.
Let's see the one you did in secondary school, not even nursery school.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by InvertedHammer: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
megadeath: Hehehe. Lies!! Those planes and that tarmac are in NAF base kaduna. No silly nairalander built them. They're being used to teach airforce personnel drone technology.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTED !!!
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by nelklyn(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
its amazing how people think when they do not have knowledge of things.

Go to youtube and type in the search box 'RC Planes'

RC planes are built by companies and then retailed to customers,all you have to do is take the pieces from the box and assemble them.
You right but that doesn't mean one can't build an RC Airplane without using kits. Once you have your propeller, brushless motor, servo motors, servo push rods and a radio system. You can actually build your own design, say an Airfoilz with salsa and foam. Just saying...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by opeshe2(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju: Hmmmm....

Cos u can't do it doesn't mean you should undermine other people's potential. I believe in Nigerians we are well built being, black is beautiful. Pls its suspicious not....your

Those things look suspect..

How did you build that body?!
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
190-the-clown:
grin grin

ASUU has now made grown men play with Toy planes grin grin grin grin
actually, they are not toys, its takes great brains, which, no offense, nothing personal, (clearing throat and implying, muttering silently, you don't h_v_***)...you should get more enlightened

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
Whoa it great. I hope they did it themselves. But where will they get that kind quality of steel and engines. Pls let D govt quickly considerd these ppl. There is no other way to it. At least, build a laboratory in Abuja university, with researchers and D inventor, study models, see if we can get army materials, then go for commercial ones. Soon we start making drones. Even will be trilled to buy D first Africa products of such types.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by telexfree1: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2013

WTF
What if the NAF engineer who oversees the design, construction and deployment of this technology is a member of Nairaland ?
You think everyone on Nairaland is a teenager ?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by ITbomb(m): 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
190-the-clown:

FLY TO WHERE

YOUR BEDROOM grin grin grin
GO AWAY !!!!!! I HATE YOU ████
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Youngpo413: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
Michyeddy: dah wo!!!! Ame sime tu tu!

daka kpong ade eka ebot.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thanks. I will recommend beginning your RC experience using any of the available simulators in the market. My favorite is Realflight 6.5. After learning to fly, you will start with a very basic trainer aircraft, usually the high wing type. Modeling is equally as interesting as flying the aircraft itself. The models you see in the picture are highly engineered jets that uses turbines for propulsion.

We have a hobby group in Abuja that meets every Sunday afternoon for flying and exchange of ideas. If you are out there and have time to build, model and fly RC aircraft, just know that you are not alone! I will keep posting pictures via this thread.

My aim is to encourage creative minds out there and provide as much technical resource as possible to help anyone start and enjoy this hobby, which can transition to small unmanned AVs for civilian applications. I will post more videos of my flights, builds and models via my you tube page - http://youtube.com/sidajili
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
its amazing how people think when they do not have knowledge of things.

Go to youtube and type in the search box 'RC Planes'

RC planes are built by companies and then retailed to customers,all you have to do is take the pieces from the box and assemble them.
ehn? Master i hail o.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
Waoh... I am amazed at the tons of posts... ok, I don't blame anyone for doubts...Thanks for all the comments.

I am here to share what I know, and also meet those willing to share what I don't know. I am sure there creative and smart Nairalanders out there. This thread was meant to kick start RC Modeling and Flying amongts Nairalanders. Any admins out there can help us create a dedicated RC Modeling section. Time permitting, I guarantee you will all be seeing some interesting stuff.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by amiskurie(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
the op no dey show face again?
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
Wallie: I'm selling my half-built FPV flying wing that is fully autonomous . Just don't have time for it any longer! I also have a quadcopter. I was going to bring it to Nigeria but...

Airframe: Flying wing
Controller: APM
Telemetry: 915 Mhz
Video TX/RX: Wireless Video Receiver
On-Screen Display: MinimOSD
Motor: high efficiency brushless motor
ESC: brushless ESC
Porpeller: foldering props with Spinner
Servos: HITEC HS-225MG
Battery: 5000mAh X 2
Radio:
Ground station Display: 16" Widescreen HD LED
FPV Camera:
Video Recorder: high quality digital video recorder
Camera: Camcorder

@Sidajili

What do you have in yours? Are you flying FPV yet? If so, how far can you go?

One of my buddies flies FPV, but I don't. My buddie (does most of our aerial shots) has the quads, with hd cameras. Has auto hold and a couple of waypoints. Send me pictures of your quad lets take it from there. I would like to know the maker, autopilot software and waypoint capabilities. You can PM me if you would like to sell it off when you come to Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House / China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) / Huge Python Killed By My Friends In Ikorodu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.