Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS (37685 Views)

Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. / Made In Nigeria Remote Control Aircraft / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by make9jagr8: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
I like this hobby,but don't know if it is legal to fly the RC plane in (ja,Lagos to be specific.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
make-9ja-gr8:
I like this hobby,but don't know if it is legal to fly the RC plane in (ja,Lagos to be specific.

I've flown RC a couple of times in Lagos. There are some guys in Lagos doing this. Just be responsible with it, don't fly in crowded or residential areas. Get a large open field if your model is fast.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by udefrancis: 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello I am also working on an rc and I don't know where I can get the following in naija
no money for shipping from ebay
4x40Amp.
4x800kv out runner brushless motor

Will share mine when I am don.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by MrCork: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
thats a kite angry
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by tnktosin(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

Thats what we cleared up..

Im sure the OP didnt delibrately intend to fool us..

But nice hobby nonetheless... I've always been facinated with RC gadgets including Cars, boats and planes..
But sadly, AFRICAN LAW STATES: You cant play with toys, dolls and other stuff that may be considered toys after the age of 16.. grin NOT COOL!!
Lol @the African law. I know a friend here in delta state who build his planes from the scratch, but that will be a different thread as i'm trying to upload the video of him flying it on youtube. He's been into the RCs since he was a kid, too bad he never furthered his education.
I got my RC plane on order, wifey self no send, bleep the African law.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
tnktosin:
Lol @the African law. I know a friend here in delta state who build his planes from the scratch, but that will be a different thread as i'm trying to upload the video of him flying it on youtube. He's been into the RCs since he was a kid, too bad he never furthered his education.
I got my RC plane on order, wifey self no send, bleep the African law.

Now the connection begins... thumbs up to all the naija scratch builders...
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
udefrancis: Hello I am also working on an rc and I don't know where I can get the following in naija
no money for shipping from ebay
4x40Amp.
4x800kv out runner brushless motor

Will share mine when I am don.

Awesome! Are you building a quad? Kindly expand more on your proposed build... I am interested. We sure will need a dedicated section on Nairaland real soon. Admins, please.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by tlops(m): 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

This is an exact model rc plane exactly like yours with the same 'ULTRALIGHTNING' writing as one of your model planes..

So again sir!! How did you build those model planes?!

Or na assemble you mean?!

He never said he built it (unless the opening statement has been edited), he simply asked if there are other enthusiast out there. moreover getting it fixed to that level is not much of a big deal if it were a research project in a developed country.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Op assembly is way different from building. Lie right. The fact that you have no single detail on how you magically and imaginarily built em planes is enough evidence that you are totally lying.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Wallie(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
Sidajili:

One of my buddies flies FPV, but I don't. My buddie (does most of our aerial shots) has the quads, with hd cameras. Has auto hold and a couple of waypoints. Send me pictures of your quad lets take it from there. I would like to know the maker, autopilot software and waypoint capabilities. You can PM me if you would like to sell it off when you come to Naija.

Actually, I'm trying to sell my fixed wing not the quad. The autopilot is an open source based arduino controller. I'll send you an email.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
been a huge fan of RC planes, i'm planning to get the boeing Rc 135 later this year.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by InvertedHammer: 12:30am On Aug 29, 2013
Wallie:

Of course he didn't build the air frame! You buy all the parts needed, and depending on the configuration, program as necessary. In an autonomous plane, which is what I did, it is akin to buying the different parts of a car and trying to build one from scratch. You have to program the controller for the air frame type so that it flies straight, solder the autopilot, gps modules, telemetry radios, on screen display, power filters, voltage regulators, magnetometer, amplifiers, batteries, antennas, servos, cameras etc

Who are you trying to impress with all these power filters...magnetometer crap?

Just order the damn box and use a screwdriver to put it together.

Stay away from textbook materials and be more practical my man.

I bet you don't even know what a soldering iron looks like.

gps module ko, telemetry radios ni!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by maxani: 12:53am On Aug 29, 2013
I fly a DJI phanthom quadrocopter. Any one else here?
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by AjanleKoko: 1:02am On Aug 29, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Typical tough talking Internet Naija.
If you dont know people or things, better stay un Romance or Politics, or some other section better suited to your empty rants.
Frank advice.
You actually sound like the one who doesnt know what a soldering iron looks like.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by wasspord: 1:20am On Aug 29, 2013
KUDOS, my negro!. I've been interested in this beautiful somewhat expensive hobby since, bro, but I have just been postponing it due to one thing or the other but mostly due to lack of SPARE money and indecision on what type of model / type of power source (it seems yours is electric) and laziness to build one (maybe i'll just order one from alibaba). For now sha, the model I'm more interested in now is a hoverplane (yours seems to be an Electric Ducted Fan RC Jet) which as the name implies can hover just like an RC heli. Congrats once again, btw, how much did it cost you (TOTAL) l to set it up? (the estimated total cost for mine was pushing about 50K ($300) excluding shippyme shipping cost.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by wasspord: 1:22am On Aug 29, 2013
cool
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Wallie(m): 1:57am On Aug 29, 2013
InvertedHammer:

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by 617aircav: 2:16am On Aug 29, 2013
I'm into rc aircraft too. I do not build I buy. I have a uh-60 Blackhawk helicopter based on a wakera 300 helicopter. The cost was around 250 dollars and I can fly it for 20 minutes on a full charge. I'm about to install a hd camera on it as well. I doubt the op built his aircraft at all. Those are very big and expensive and challenging to build. The costs could easily enter 1000 dollars as they will require gas engines and not batteries.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by tnktosin(m): 2:54am On Aug 29, 2013
Wallie: F.cuk you inverted hammer
grin I love this dude, no-homo. Bleep InvertedHammer. Nuff respect wallie

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by tnktosin(m): 3:02am On Aug 29, 2013
wasspord: KUDOS, my negro!. I've been interested in this beautiful somewhat expensive hobby since, bro, but I have just been postponing it due to one thing or the other but mostly due to lack of SPARE money and indecision on what type of model / type of power source (it seems yours is electric) and laziness to build one (maybe i'll just order one from alibaba). For now sha, the model I'm more interested in now is a hoverplane (yours seems to be an Electric Ducted Fan RC Jet) which as the name implies can hover just like an RC heli. Congrats once again, btw, how much did it cost you (TOTAL) l to set it up? (the estimated total cost for mine was pushing about 50K ($300) excluding shippyme shipping cost.
Shippyme and circuitatlantic people.. I use same too for my orders too.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 3:05am On Aug 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 3:07am On Aug 29, 2013

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 3:10am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 3:12am On Aug 29, 2013
I've seen this boat on Five Cowry Creek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck1U_07bu4M
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 3:13am On Aug 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by hopilo: 3:48am On Aug 29, 2013
I bought helicopter from London for my kid. It is remote controlled and can fly up to 40 feet. This guy bought these planes may be he is looking for market to sell them.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by agberoboy(m): 4:24am On Aug 29, 2013
mscheeew u wan build plane u no gree fit inside? abeg boy go build bigger plane then come back
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Expensiveman: 5:27am On Aug 29, 2013
JTF infact federal government should buy all those plane before boko..... Does because..... Dont say i didnt tell u
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by tonychristopher: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2013
Maybe I am thinking from an igbo man view point! You take this as fun but I am seeing business opportunities here

Can the small aircraft be loaded with bombs and grenades and deployed to north! Then we can monitor its paths on our computer or android phones! It will make killing of these Muslim fanatics fun!

If you can also install cameras on them and get the altimeter and altitudes higher

Contact me and let's do a demonstration maybe we talk

Just that Nigerians hate thinking sciences but love dancing and partying to music
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by tonychristopher: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2013
agberoboy: mscheeew u wan build plane u no gree fit inside? abeg boy go build bigger plane then come back

Yoruba man mentality and loud mouth
Hmmmmm
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by InvertedHammer: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=Wallie][/quote]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1276491_image_5_jpegb147350f89ed99f52dc2be62820a5b5d

LOL...LOL....LOL....LOL.....LOL..

YOU ARE AWESOME!....LOL...LOL

It was just a taunt. You didn't have to go down to the electrician down your street to snap some pictures.

What point are you trying to prove? I am glad that he finally showed you what a soldering iron looks like.

Congratulations! A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.

What are u gonna do next? Snap a naked picture to prove that you are a man?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 8:38am On Aug 29, 2013
Expensiveman: JTF infact federal government should buy all those plane before boko..... Does because..... Dont say i didnt tell u

Drones?

From the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology: Amebo

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/10/plateau_state_delegation_visit_to_air_force_institute_of_technology_4_20120706_13653689243.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/07/amebo-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-iii.jpg?w=640[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-in-flight.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-iii.jpg?w=640[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-gcs.jpg?w=960[/img]
Features
• Customisable flight control software
• Waypoint navigation
• High speed real time image processing for onboard Geo-location and Target Tracking•
Up to 40 km VHF communications• Modular and mobile GCSApplication Areas of AMEBO
• Pipeline Monitoring•
Border Patrol•
Mapping•
Traffic Monitoring
• Disaster Monitoring•
Maritime Patrol•
Aerial Surveillance• Pest Monitoring and Control

From the Israelis: Aerostar and Seastar

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boy In Gombe Constructs NNPC Fuel Tanker Model With Local Materials (Photos) / Israel's ₦36 Billion Spacecraft Crashed Into Pieces During Moon Landing / Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.