Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS (37710 Views)

Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. / Made In Nigeria Remote Control Aircraft / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Tinkybabe(f): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2013
Wrong thread!
Definitely blank on the topic of discourse
Op builder/assembler, Welldone
*exits thread*
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by HARMYMY(f): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2013
Airforce1: Mtchew....

Something that even a nursery school pupil can build.

Just wasted my MB clicking on dis thread.
gud idea''''''' ..........'''''''' but how many ave u build? If u cant encourage u dont need to discourage

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Natasha2(f): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2013
grin Okay when I clicked this topic I was expecting to see a guy with a life size plane you know rich nairalander that just acquired a brand new aircraft posing with it. But all thesame nice work.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2013
damn..... thumbs up mhen.... m soo soo freaking proud..... the best part ist the fact that they dont look crude..... they look very organised and neat...... even if it fails to fly well, u ve gone far and will definitly make it perfect in a time very soon.... NIGERIAN SPEAKING..... Our govt need to give funds to this guy instead of aquiring foreign made drones..... this guys has what they have..... make him a trillionaire or more......
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2013
maxani: I fly a DJI phanthom quadrocopter. Any one else here?

I do... With a gopro on board.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by johnwell(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2013
Naijarianz>>>>> these are toy remote controlled jets, i still have more than 50 in my shop now..
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2013
Natasha,,:
grin Okay when I clicked this topic I was expecting to see a guy with a life size plane you know rich nairalander that just acquired a brand new aircraft posing with it. But all thesame nice work.

grin Did u miss the phrase 'remote controlled' when you looked at the topic?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2013
naptu2:

Drones?

From the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology: Amebo

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/10/plateau_state_delegation_visit_to_air_force_institute_of_technology_4_20120706_13653689243.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/07/amebo-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-iii.jpg?w=640[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-in-flight.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-iii.jpg?w=640[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-gcs.jpg?w=960[/img]
Features
• Customisable flight control software
• Waypoint navigation
• High speed real time image processing for onboard Geo-location and Target Tracking•
Up to 40 km VHF communications• Modular and mobile GCSApplication Areas of AMEBO
• Pipeline Monitoring•
Border Patrol•
Mapping•
Traffic Monitoring
• Disaster Monitoring•
Maritime Patrol•
Aerial Surveillance• Pest Monitoring and Control

From the Israelis: Aerostar and Seastar

Well researched. The smart ones should be able to connect a few dots together... take a closer look... smiley

This thread is meant to be Technical and informative to the technology savvy nairalanders. Anybody can be interested in technology even if its not Their discipline. we have lawyers cutting balsa wood and building airframes... and guys, It's just a discussion... And in that spirit, If u have something, bring it to the table. If you have nothing, come to the table, listen and learn. We are networking via this thread and not self promoting... grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2013
johnwell: Naijarianz>>>>> these are toy remote controlled jets, i still have more than 50 in my shop now..

When u put to together a jet that size, with a kerosene fueled turbine spinning at over a 100,000 rpm, with exhaust temperature over 300 degrees and airframe blasting past at over 250km/h...and costing five digit usd figures..., dude, that must be one toy having the risk of loss due to piloting error...or component failure! grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2013
Wallie:

Actually, I'm trying to sell my fixed wing not the quad. The autopilot is an open source based arduino controller. I'll send you an email.

Ok...Standing by.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by iamdsam: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
alpha conde: Are these not drones?
I also got same question too. Isn't this a drone

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by iamdsam: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
@op These looks perfect. I don't know if you really built it yourself. I which you goodluck though
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Designed in Nigeria, built/assembled in China or Designed in China, built/assembled in Nigeria... bottom line is, skill, knowledge and experience is required to achieve either. Both design and build/assembly skills compliment each other and are both vital in technology..

For those still not understanding that the words 'build' and 'assemble' are synonymous, these might help:

build (verb) - construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time. "the factory was built in 1936"
synonyms: construct, erect, put up, assemble;

assemble (verb) - fit together the separate component parts of (a machine or other object).
"a factory that assembled parts for trucks"
synonyms: construct, build, fabricate, manufacture, erect, set up, put together, piece together, connect, join..
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
^^^

I was just about to do that. I don't understand why people are arguing over "build" and "assemble".
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Horus(m): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
alpha conde: Are these not drones?

Yes, remote controlled aircrafts fit the description of drones

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Kennisdlast(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
I have some knowledge on remote sensing as a geologist and wish to continue in that field.Do you have an idea on how to get access to Air force, maybe for short term service or get the full training I need?
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Yes, drones are remote-controlled pilotless aircrafts. They can be remotely piloted (the pilot always on the sticks) or automaticaly flown by autopilot computer. Pause, Fast forward...On to the hobby...

At the hobby level, the aircraft is flown within visual line of site. The pilot will be controlling visually and therefore limited in range by sight. There is also a limit in range imposed by radio capabilities. Piloting an aircraft without being the cockpit takes away situation awareness and therefore is a totally different skill to acquire. Flying aerobatics and advanced maneuvers for sports is equally different. Building them to performance level is another experience totally.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kennisdlast: I have some knowledge on remote sensing as a geologist and wish to continue in that field.Do you have an idea on how to get access to Air force, maybe for short term service or get the full training I need?

Pm me.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Nickydrake(m): 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=Wallie][/quote]

This is one of the cruellest comebacks I've ever seen in my whole life.

EPIC!

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by richeyy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Is that the runway?
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by InvertedHammer: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sidajili: Designed in Nigeria, built/assembled in China or Designed in China, built/assembled in Nigeria... bottom line is, skill, knowledge and experience is required to achieve either. Both design and build/assembly skills compliment each other and are both vital in technology..

For those still not understanding that the words 'build' and 'assemble' are synonymous, these might help:

build (verb) - construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time. "the factory was built in 1936"
synonyms: construct, erect, put up, assemble;

assemble (verb) - fit together the separate component parts of (a machine or other object).
"a factory that assembled parts for trucks"
synonyms: construct, build, fabricate, manufacture, erect, set up, put together, piece together, connect, join..

Wrong...not a matter of semantics.

Technology is not sociology
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by naptu2: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sidajili:

Well researched. The smart ones should be able to connect a few dots together... take a closer look... smiley

This thread is meant to be Technical and informative to the technology savvy nairalanders. Anybody can be interested in technology even if its not Their discipline. we have lawyers cutting balsa wood and building airframes... and guys, It's just a discussion... And in that spirit, If u have something, bring it to the table. If you have nothing, come to the table, listen and learn. We are networking via this thread and not self promoting... grin

It was the colour of the plane on the right of your first picture that made me suspicious, then "Wow! He looks so much darker! What happened?".

smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Wallie(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
naptu2:

Drones?

From the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology: Amebo

Features
• Waypoint navigation
• High speed real time image processing for onboard Geo-location and Target Tracking•
Up to 40 km VHF communications• Modular and mobile GCSApplication Areas of AMEBO
• Pipeline Monitoring•
Border Patrol•
Mapping•
Traffic Monitoring
• Disaster Monitoring•
Maritime Patrol•

From the Israelis: Aerostar and Seastar...

Check!
• Waypoint navigation
Check!
Check!
40km is on the high end of what can be cobbled together but possible with an antenna tracker and a directional antenna. Since one won't be flying line of sight, getting a reliable video link that far out is challenging but doable. You can also add a GSM module as a backup for controlling the craft to its pre-programmed way points.

• Pipeline Monitoring•
Border Patrol•
Mapping•
Traffic Monitoring
• Disaster Monitoring•
Maritime Patrol•
Check!
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Pakingzzz(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sidajili: Any Nairalander out there building and flying RC rotary or fixed wing Aircraft models of any scale? Lets discuss and get this thread going.
That's nice. I am actually building an RC helicopter. With an onboard video camera,capable of remotely taking up to 100 pix,and 10mins of video length. Here's my project. www.nairaland.com/1307261/homebuilt-helicopter

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Pakingzzz(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sidajili: Any Nairalander out there building and flying RC rotary or fixed wing Aircraft models of any scale? Lets discuss and get this thread going.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by udefrancis: 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sidajili:

Awesome! Are you building a quad? Kindly expand more on your proposed build... I am interested. We sure will need a dedicated section on Nairaland real soon. Admins, please.

Yes I am building a 1.5kg quad with wireless 2.4GHz camera. So what have you got for me?
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
@Pakingzzz:

Well done! Will post on your thread.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
@Udefrancis:

You mentioned needing 4x40Amp ESC, 4x800kv out runner BLM.
A little more light on design specs and what you want to achieve will help the discussion. I am assuming 1.5kg max take off weight with your camera payload inclusive. how did you come up with the KV of the motor chosen? The resultant RPM from each rotor is the product of the KV and voltage to the motor (Ideal situation, rpm=kv*v). Due to back emf and prop load, rpm will always be less than the ideal case. Your rpm is determined by battery voltage, motor kv and selected prop; all ultimately determining the torque and thrust generated by each rotor. Your ESC's amps is chosen based on the watts generated (I=P/V, with I overrated to accommodate peaks) by each rotor. You have set your take off weight to 1.5kg, and your ESC, motors, props, batteries and payload must be chosen to fit this. I want to know what quad controller you chose. Also try looking into the open source Arduino autopilot - http://ardupilot.com

Per the parts you want, I might be able to help you as I have some motors and ESCs lying around somewhere.

Also, you can start a dedicated thread for your quad and we will go there to support your work.
Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by Sidajili: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
naptu2:

It was the colour of the plane on the right of your first picture that made me suspicious, then "Wow! He looks so much darker! What happened?".

smiley

grin The northern sun ain't friendly at all...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Remote Controlled Aircraft And SUAVS by megadeath: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
telexfree1:

WTF
What if the NAF engineer who oversees the design, construction and deployment of this technology is a member of Nairaland ?
You think everyone on Nairaland is a teenager ?
Bro, 3 of my cosmates in the Airforce were selected as the pioneer students of this project. I know all about this. They are trained in both NAF Base Kaduna and Benin. No nairalander built this. Those planes were bought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Israel's ₦36 Billion Spacecraft Crashed Into Pieces During Moon Landing / Boy In Gombe Constructs NNPC Fuel Tanker Model With Local Materials (Photos) / Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.