Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,525 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Is Tithe For Christians? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe For Christians? (5173 Views)

Is Tithe Paying Compulsory? / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Is Tithe Collected Daily, Weekly, Monthly Or Yearly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:

But was it a RELIGIOUS PRINCIPLE before the Law was giving to the Isrealites?

The principle he is alluding to is his own fraudulent addition. No such thing in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by truthislight: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:

Did you read my post before commenting on it? Did you read the quote of the person I posted the post to? I was just make him see that tithe was not made for christians and even the early christian never took the pattern because they were were not made up of only jews but also the gentiles, so what were you driving at calling me a fraud when am also against the tithe been paid? You have to check and understand the words of the post you want to comment on before commenting on it, okay?

Lol. cheesy

guy, go and read that post again o. It was Joagbaje i was replying and not you.

I was asking him to answer your question. Lol.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360: Hebrews 7 ENDED TITHE OR TITHING, before or during the law. Go and study Hebrews 7.
A big ignorance from someone who doesn't know What the entire book of hebrews is talking about.God never found fault with His covenant but the people.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by truthislight: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

If I tell people the importance of prayer ,is it a lie. Did God demand prayer in the New Testament? It's our yieldedness knowing its a kingdom principle . God didn't command Christians to pray

But Jesus christ and his apostles prayed and it is recorded for our instruction in the NT.

But why was tithing and their tithing not recorded ?

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: A big ignorance from someone who doesn't know What the entire book of hebrews is talking about.God never found fault with His covenant but the people.

And so, the covenant (of which tithe was part of\included) WAS NOT ABOLISHED? Do you know there are THREE covenants of ages in the word? Which and which was abolished and which remaineth?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Where was is written that it was a project they were contributing for? Don't say things you are not sure of not to put urself into trouble.

They had a project which was to send relief to saints in Jerusalem who had economic disaster.

Acts 11:28-30
one of them named Agabus stood up and foretold by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (this took place in the days of Claudius). So the disciples determined, every one according to his ability, to send relief to the brothers living in Judea. And they did so, sending it to the elders by the hand of Barnabas and Saul.

This was the relief project paul was mobilizing money for in second Corinthians ,

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:
If I tell people the importance of prayer ,is it a lie. Did God demand prayer in the New Testament? It's our yieldedness knowing its a kingdom principle . God didn't command Christians to fast ,or pray , or give. It's a common sense same applies to tithes and offerings.

With this its so obvious you just take to what you are been told in the church by your so called "Man of God" but I tell you the truth unless you study the scriptures, you would still remain blind by what you are been told.
In Matthew 6:1-15 Jesus continued the teaching of the multitude and His disciples (Matt 5) about giving and how to pray making us understand the need to pray, how we should pray and the pattern in which they should pray. "Charitable Deeds

1 “Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

Prayer

REF: Luke 11:2–4

5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. 10  Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 11  Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. 13  And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. 14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Now the issue of the command of prayer to be done started from here, Jesus Himself prayed to God (Matt 26:36 “Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.”) and also told his disciples to watch and pray giving them the reason why it is necessary (Matt 26:40-41 “40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”)
Paul in the same manner told the Church of Christ in Thessalonica the reason why prayer is important (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”) This is a Direct command making us know that Prayer and Praise is the Will of God.
So don't say it was not giving to Christians as a command, that is so not true as the Bible says otherwise.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

They had a project which was to send relief to saints in Jerusalem who had economic disaster.

Acts 11:28-30
one of them named Agabus stood up and foretold by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (this took place in the days of Claudius). So the disciples determined, every one according to his ability, to send relief to the brothers living in Judea. And they did so, sending it to the elders by the hand of Barnabas and Saul.

This was the relief project paul was mobilizing money for in second Corinthians ,

Read the verses before that then you see you are wrong about it being the same issues they had in Antioch, don't interpret the Bible wrongly.
Read further to verse 12
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: A big ignorance from someone who doesn't know What the entire book of hebrews is talking about.God never found fault with His covenant but the people.

Don't be ignorant Heb 7:11 “Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:

With this its so obvious you just take to what you are been told in the church by your so called "Man of God" but I tell you the truth unless you study the scriptures, you would still remain blind by what you are been told.
In Matthew 6:1-15 Jesus continued the teaching of the multitude and His disciples (Matt 5) about giving and how to pray making us understand the need to pray, how we should pray and the pattern in which they should pray. "Charitable Deeds

He is a so called 'man of god' himself. He is the head pastor(general manager) of a false doctrine preaching pentecostal church that is notorious for staging fake miracles in Bayelsa state. Tithes is his life blood and his very survival depends on it so you can understand his predicament.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360:

And so, the covenant (of which tithe was part of\included) WAS NOT ABOLISHED? Do you know there are THREE covenants of ages in the word? Which and which was abolished and which remaineth?
You still do not get the point of who God is.God is Love,through out genesis to revelations His covenants is that of love.He practically performed miraculous signs and wonders through Moses by parting the red sea and feeding the Israelites in the wilderness.This is the Loving father that we have.They were baptized into Moses( a type of christ),they drank and ate spiritual food and drink(Christ). Yet God was not pleased with them.Why? They violated His covenant.And that was why i said the problem is always with Man(the people) never with God.

Covenant is simply an agreement between two parties,in this case God simply requires simple obedience,since the Holy Spirit is not yet poured out He gave the Law to Moses to instruct his people.The law was a school master until perfection will come.The people still could not enter in the rest God has ordained for them because of unbelief.

The new covenant( flesh and blood of Christ which is also spiritual just like Moses)was given before(even the night Jesus was betrayed) after the death,resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.It is far superior than the earthly tabernacle that Moses built which David preserved.

We still have so many lessons to learn from the OT.That was why when you say the OT books should be discarded i laff because you know nothing.

Moses did not take those stiffnecked people into the promise land but Joshua did.
Saul(the first king of Israel)became king not by merit but grace(just like we are kings and priest unto God not by merit but Grace)what did you think disqualified him in the sight of God?
He lacked the character and obedience to lead Israel. hence God rejected him and eventually killed him when he consulted mediums instead of God.

As far as i am concerned David was a man after God's heart who we should emulate from.He did what God wanted.We have to strip ourselves of all these Saul mentalities and take on the davidic spirit(that's the right kind of spirit). It is not about churches,pastors,denominations,doctrines etc.But it is about the heavenly kingdom of God called the zion city or Jerusalem from above.

Until you come to the realization of this understanding of spiritual truths, you will keep operating in the errors and traditions of men.

God is looking for a people who will not be forced to do His will or counsel as of OLD,and that is why Jesus says many are the called but few are chosen.whether you tithe or you don't tithe is irrelevant to God because the Lord knows who are his.The Holy spirit is poured out as a wine to judge the hearts of believers(He said he will inscribe his laws in our heart).

Since Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant,the laws we are to obey funny enough are even higher than the laws of Old.(a case is Ananias an Sapphira)The truth is Goshen i will not trample the son of God underfoot and treat the blood of the covenant that sanctify me as unholy.I will never insult the spirit of grace.And that is why Galatians 2 :20 will be my watchword till Christ returns.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:

Don't be ignorant Heb 7:11 “Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”
The problem is not the law but the priesthood.
Imagine two High priests in the same year(caiaphas and Ananias).

Has it ever been recorded in the law that there should be two high priest? You can see that the people have left the ways of God and followed their traditions interpreting the laws the way it suits them.hence thousand of years even before the coming of Christ Jeremiah prophesied that God will make a covenant with his people by writing His laws in the tablets of their hearts and no longer the tablets of stones.This now makes Jesus as our high priest and the Holy Spirit now instructs our heart and directs our thoughts and actions(that is the change of law).

The beauty of it is that it depends on your sensitivity to the voice of the Spirit to be able to yield to his gentle promptings.Haha! the nature of the Christlife is not selfish and self centered.The gospel was intended to create out of us a self-sacrificing, self-denying, self-giving Church.

We should not live for our own ideals nor even breathe for our own living. The church was meant to be a part of His life and a part of His death. Christians are to be a living, dying people crucified with Christ nevertheless living". (Gal. 2:20)

Very few of us are doing this of course.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:
secondly the primary ways the work of ministry was sponsored in he Old Testament was through tithes and offerings .

You don start angry which work of the ministry was supported through tithe in the OT? was it the work of Jeremiah, Elijah or Elisha? which prophet received tithe in the OT. Have told you to stop deceiving people with your tithing belief, you no dey hear angry The tithe was meant for the Levites only for their living. No other men of God received tithe in the OT an indication it was restricted to the Levi community.

Joagbaje:
Paul made it clear that similar things should apply in the church .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Paul did not say similar things! otherwise burnt offerings becomes applicable as well (based on the fact that it was items for burnt offerings that came to the altar). The Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live off the gospel, the Lord did not say they should live off the things of the temple or stuffs deposited on the altar. Corinthians 9 is only telling us that those preaching the gospel have right to live off the gospel, it does not provide the details. For tithe to qualify you need to find scripture where the Lord commanded Christians to support the gospel with tithe.

Joagbaje:
Tithing and offerings are Paralell principles which both existed before he law.

I agree that the giving of a tenth existed before the law, but it was not the tithe instituted by God. God defined his tithe in Leviticus 27.

Joagbaje:
God reprimanded isreal for not giving him tithes and offerings.

Yes, his tithe as defined in Leviticus 27 and beneficiary in Numbers 18.

Joagbaje:
God never put an end to the two.

God's tithe went with the Levites along with other forms of offering associated with them.

Joagbaje:
You can't say you will give only offerings and not give tithes. If you give offerings without seeing it as obligation under the law ,you should give itches also .

offerings today is not because it was done in the OT, and it's not because it was done before the law. We give because Christ and the apostles taught that we should love. and there is no format or percentage for the giving.

Joagbaje:
You can't say you will give only offerings and not give tithes. If you give offerings without seeing it as obligation under the law ,you should give itches also .

if you give/pay tithe today, who defines/determine the tithe? Man or God? 'tithers' and pastors defined the modern day tithe and you are telling us it belongs to God! How?

Joagbaje:
If you give offerings without seeing it as obligation under the law ,you should give itches also .

Says who? Joagbaje? my brother you are not in a position to tell God's people what to give.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: You still do not get the point of who God is.God is Love,through out genesis to revelations His covenants is that of love.He practically performed miraculous signs and wonders through Moses by parting the red sea and feeding the Israelites in the wilderness.This is the Loving father that we have.They were baptized into Moses( a type of christ),they drank and ate spiritual food and drink(Christ). Yet God was not pleased with them.Why? They violated His covenant.And that was why i said the problem is always with Man(the people) never with God.

Covenant is simply an agreement between two parties,in this case God simply requires simple obedience,since the Holy Spirit is not yet poured out He gave the Law to Moses to instruct his people.The law was a school master until perfection will come.The people still could not enter in the rest God has ordained for them because of unbelief.

The new covenant( flesh and blood of Christ which is also spiritual just like Moses)was given before(even the night Jesus was betrayed) after the death,resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.It is far superior than the earthly tabernacle that Moses built which David preserved.

We still have so many lessons to learn from the OT.That was why when you say the OT books should be discarded i laff because you know nothing.

Moses did not take those stiffnecked people into the promise land but Joshua did.
Saul(the first king of Israel)became king not by merit but grace(just like we are kings and priest unto God not by merit but Grace)what did you think disqualified him in the sight of God?
He lacked the character and obedience to lead Israel. hence God rejected him and eventually killed him when he consulted mediums instead of God.

As far as i am concerned David was a man after God's heart who we should emulate from.He did what God wanted.We have to strip ourselves of all these Saul mentalities and take on the davidic spirit(that's the right kind of spirit). It is not about churches,pastors,denominations,doctrines etc.But it is about the heavenly kingdom of God called the zion city or Jerusalem from above.

Until you come to the realization of this understanding of spiritual truths, you will keep operating in the errors and traditions of men.

God is looking for a people who will not be forced to do His will or counsel as of OLD,and that is why Jesus says many are the called but few are chosen.whether you tithe or you don't tithe is irrelevant to God because the Lord knows who are his.The Holy spirit is poured out as a wine to judge the hearts of believers(He said he will inscribe his laws in our heart).

Since Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant,the laws we are to obey funny enough are even higher than the laws of Old.(a case is Ananias an Sapphira)The truth is Goshen i will not trample the son of God underfoot and treat the blood of the covenant that sanctify me as unholy.I will never insult the spirit of grace.And that is why Galatians 2 :20 will be my watchword till Christ returns.

Unfortunately, you have stayed so long on this mountain (forum) but you have learnt absolutely nothing. The new covenant is NOT a CONTINUATION of the old. It's clearly different and the cross of Christ IS THE GREAT DIVIDER.

Lemme ask you a question, if you employed in an organization and you have full wages and benefits, will you continue to get wages and full benefits when your employment is terminated?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam:
hence thousand of years even before the coming of Christ Jeremiah prophesied that God will make a covenant with his people by writing His laws in the tablets of their hearts and no longer the tablets of stones.This now makes Jesus as our high priest and the Holy Spirit now instructs our heart and directs our thoughts and actions(that is the change of law).

Finally. Bidam agrees that there was a change of law smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Unfortunately, you have stayed so long on this mountain (forum) but you have learnt absolutely nothing. The new covenant is NOT a CONTINUATION of the old. It's clearly different and the cross of Christ IS THE GREAT DIVIDER.

Lemme ask you a question, if you employed in an organization and you have full wages and benefits, will you continue to get wages and full benefits when your employment is terminated?
The question you ask is not relevant to spiritual truths and principles.What you should have asked me is since Christ was not fully made manifest in the OT( since the fulfillment of the new covenant was death by His sinless blood so everyone can have access to the Father.)

How come Abraham,Isaac,Jacob,Rahab,moses,joseph,Barak,David,Samuel, not to mention funny enough samson are mentioned as cloud of witnesses.Are you saying these guys did not make heaven?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

Watch out, he will still twist what he said by himself. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:

Really? if that's the case I will show you where Jesus endorsed tithing too.

Luke 11:42
"But woe to you Pharisees! For though you are careful to tithe even the smallest part of your income, you completely forget about justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave these other things undone. NLT

He had every opportunity to condemn it as he condemned the observation of sabbath but rather he endorsed it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

The law in the New Testament in embedded in our nature of love. It's a nature to us. We only do contrary by our rebellion

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360: ^
Watch out, he will still twist what he said by himself. cheesy
No need to change what i said oga. I was inspired to write what i wrote and with conviction from the Holy Spirit.If you read your bible with the Help of the Holy Spirit(The revealer of secrets),you won't be confused. cheesy
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

"But woe to you Pharisees! For though you are careful to tithe even the smallest part of your income, you completely forget about justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave these other things undone. NLT

He had every opportunity to condemn it as he condemned the observation of sabbath but rather he endorsed it.

Who were the people tithing in the above verse? Christ's disciples or the Apostles?

If you emphasizing "you should tithe" of that context, you must also leave it to those it was spoken to - scribes and pharisees.

It's an insult to Christ and the blood to replace the church or disciples or apostles in that context.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: You still do not get the point of who God is.God is Love,through out genesis to revelations His covenants is that of love.He practically performed miraculous signs and wonders through Moses by parting the red sea and feeding the Israelites in the wilderness.This is the Loving father that we have.They were baptized into Moses( a type of christ),they drank and ate spiritual food and drink(Christ). Yet God was not pleased with them.Why? They violated His covenant.And that was why i said the problem is always with Man(the people) never with God.

You just bring out your opinion that tithe is compulsory for christians where was it written that the saints paid tithe or did the writters forget? Remember everything written in the Bible is written through the Inspiration of God and don't add and subtract from what has been written.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: The question you ask is not relevant to spiritual truths and principles.What you should have asked me is since Christ was not fully made manifest in the OT( since the fulfillment of the new covenant was death by His sinless blood so everyone can have access to the Father.)

How come Abraham,Isaac,Jacob,Rahab,moses,joseph,Barak,David,Samuel, not to mention funny enough samson are mentioned as cloud of witnesses.Are you saying these guys did not make heaven?

First, I'm establishing from the word, the new covenant is NOT a CONTINUATION of the old of which tithe was part of the old. You can't pick tithe alone and say that's what remains.

2. I can ask you natural questions to convey spiritual truth like Jesus did on parables and Paul also did. So my question is relevant. Perhaps you already know what's buried in that question. Can you please answer the question please:
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

You don start angry which work of the ministry was supported through tithe in the OT? was it the work of Jeremiah, Elijah or Elisha? which prophet received tithe in the OT.

By default , the ministers in the tabernacle. But there are some indication some individual prophets recieved similar things . For example FIRSTFRUITS belong to the terbenacke but it was brought to the prophet here .

2 Kings 4:42
And there came a man from Baalshalisha, and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of corn in the husk thereof. And he said, Give unto the people, that they may eat

But it's not an issue for now. But because you asked

Have told you to stop deceiving people with your tithing belief, you no dey hear angry The tithe was meant for the Levites only for their living. No other men of God received tithe in the OT an indication it was restricted to the Levi community.

Don't insult me if you don't have something to say

Paul did not say similar things! otherwise burnt offerings becomes applicable as well (based on the fact that it was items for burnt offerings that came to the altar).

Burnt offering was a sin offering , it was a shadow of Jesus , when Jesus had come he had fulfilled the shadow. The tithe was not a shadow of anything . It's and endless ministry . As long as there's a high priest here must be tithing . Before and after the law . The priestly ministry of Jesus is endless

The Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live off the gospel, the Lord did not say they should live off the things of the temple or stuffs deposited on the altar. Corinthians 9 is only telling us that those preaching the gospel have right to live off the gospel, it does not provide the details. For tithe to qualify you need to find scripture where the Lord commanded Christians to support the gospel with tithe.

The earthly priesthood has been sacked . The church is now the ground and pillar of truth. That's God organized structure on the earth in replacement of the old.

offerings today is not because it was done in the OT, and it's not because it was done before the law. We give because Christ and the apostles taught that we should love. and there is no format or percentage for the giving.

if you give/pay tithe today, who defines/determine the tithe? Man or God? 'tithers' and pastors defined the modern day tithe and you are telling us it belongs to God! How?

From genesis to the New Testament . It's called tithe ,which means 10% it's pan for thousands of years , it's still called 10% . When we get to heaven we should ask God why not 50% of 5.

You should note that for a giver , 10% is the least of our givings . It's too small to be a debate . Is the problem the amount or the name?

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Who were the people tithing in the above verse? Christ's disciples or the Apostles?

If you emphasizing "you should tithe" of that context, you must also leave it to those it was spoken to - scribes and pharisees.

It's an insult to Christ and the blood to replace the church or disciples or apostles in that context.

They were isrealite, and he encouraged the tithing , he only rebuked the extremes of the Pharisees ,by their neglect of other values

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Who were the people called the Pharises? Remember Jesus lived under the Law but when he said "It is Finished" the Law was broken and put to an end Hence we do not abide by it, Luke 11:42 (NKJV) "42 “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. " The version you must have used indicated income of which that was even to suite your false doctrine, Jesus didn't endorse tithe there, don't deceive anybody, He only made it known that the pharises who claimed to give their tithe did exactly what the Isrealites did of which they were warned in Malachi 3:8, the way and manner in which was indicated in the NT towards the Early Christians was in 2 Corinthians 9:6 and when was clearly in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2. You teach a doctrine which is False and you have your reward if you continue this act, remember you don't know when the world would come to an end, change is the actual thing you need else you won't find yourself happy on the Last Day.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

They were isrealite, and he encouraged the tithing , he only rebuked the extremes of the Pharisees ,by their neglect of other values
He never encouraged it in that statement, he rebuked the inscincerity of those who claimed to follow the Law of Moses in accordance. Don't be deceived.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Who were the people called the Pharises? Remember Jesus lived under the Law but when he said "It is Finished" the Law was broken and put to an end Hence we do not abide by it, Luke 11:42 (NKJV) "42 “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. " The version you must have used indicated income of which that was even to suite your false doctrine, Jesus didn't endorse tithe there, don't deceive anybody, He only made it known that the pharises who claimed to give their tithe did exactly what the Isrealites did of which they were warned in Malachi 3:8, the way and manner in which was indicated in the NT towards the Early Christians was in 2 Corinthians 9:6 and when was clearly in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2. You teach a doctrine which is False and you have your reward if you continue this act, remember you don't know when the world would come to an end, change is the actual thing you need else you won't find yourself happy on the Last Day.

He rebuked the neglect of other issues by the Pharisees , but he complemented the tithes. He rebuked them also for showing off in prayer and almsgiving ,does it mean Jesus condemned open prayers or giving. It was their wrong motive Jesus rebuked. So it doesn't matter if Jesus mentioned Pharisee or lawyer . The same principles applies to all.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: No need to change what i said oga. I was inspired to write what i wrote and with conviction from the Holy Spirit.If you read your bible with the Help of the Holy Spirit(The revealer of secrets),you won't be confused. cheesy

You were inspired to say the law has changed but you are not inspired to accept or believe tithe is part of the law that changed?

Smh!
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
He never encouraged it in that statement, he rebuked the inscincerity of those who claimed to follow the Law of Moses in accordance. Don't be deceived.

Read it again. He said they ought to tithe and not leave or neglect justice and other values

. . . .You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave these other things undone. NLT

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

The question is, does the church of Christ, the Apostles or disciples of Christ REPLACE scribes and pharisees IN THE CONTEXT of that verse?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360:

First, I'm establishing from the word, the new covenant is NOT a CONTINUATION of the old of which tithe was part of the old. You can't pick tithe alone and say that's what remains.

2. I can ask you natural questions to convey spiritual truth like Jesus did on parables and Paul also did. So my question is relevant. Perhaps you already know what's buried in that question. Can you please answer the question please:
And i repeat it is still an illogical question.Let's follow what you even asked Joabaje(i believe he will answer you accurately that's why i did not bother). Jesus came to interpret the intent of the law.Take the case of the woman caught in adultery,if Jesus was only addressing the pharisees concerning the law why did he not tell them to stone her to death?
When did Sadducee came with their question on resurrection what did Jesus tell them? Is that teaching only applicable to the pharisees?

When the pharisees came also the issue of handing a divorce according to mosaic law and Jesus told them from the beginning it was not so.Are you telling us that teaching is only applicable to only the pharisee?

You need to rightly divide the word of truth and not pick one also and leave the other here.What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Christian Create Fear By Sending This Kind Of Message? / See The T-shirt I Wore That My Pastor Is....... (pic) / What Is Doro? Who Is Doro?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.