Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Is Tithe For Christians? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe For Christians? (5171 Views)

Is Tithe Paying Compulsory? / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Is Tithe Collected Daily, Weekly, Monthly Or Yearly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360:

The question is, does the church of Christ, the Apostles or disciples of Christ REPLACE scribes and pharisees IN THE CONTEXT of that verse?

It doesn't make sense. Was tithing only meant for Pharisees? Or worshippers of God?

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360:

You were inspired to say the law has changed but you are not inspired to accept or believe tithe is part of the law that changed?

Smh!
Ok the law has changed. What is the new law

Is the new law adultery,fornication,lawlessness,immoral behaviour and conduct

see how you dey shoot yourself for leg abi?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Burnt offering was a sin offering , it was a shadow of Jesus , when Jesus had come he had fulfilled the shadow. The tithe was not a shadow of anything . It's and endless ministry . As long as there's a high priest here must be tithing .
Why didn't the Early Christians Give Tithe?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Why didn't the Early Christians Give Tithe?

They did.it was life for them

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

It doesn't make sense. Was tithing only meant for Pharisees? Or worshippers of God?
The Tithe was given to the Isrealites as a Law to give to the Levites, Are Christians Isrealites?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

grin grin grin
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Speak from the bible, where was it written?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
The Tithe was given to the Isrealites as a Law to give to the Levites, Are Christians Isrealites?

Tithing existed before isreal exited, it existed before the law existed. Tithing was of faith. Abraham is our father of faith. If you are follower of Abraham's faith ,then you ought to tithe.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: And i repeat it is still an illogical question.Let's follow what you even asked Joabaje(i believe he will answer you accurately that's why i did not bother). Jesus came to interpret the intent of the law.Take the case of the woman caught in adultery,if Jesus was only addressing the pharisees concerning the law why did he not tell them to stone her to death?
When did Sadducee came with their question on resurrection what did Jesus tell them? Is that teaching only applicable to the pharisees?

When the pharisees came also the issue of handing a divorce according to mosaic law and Jesus told them from the beginning it was not so.Are you telling us that teaching is only applicable to only the pharisee?

You need to rightly divide the word of truth and not pick one also and leave the other here.What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Speak from the bible, where was it written?

Christians don't have laws. The principles have always been there. It was never abolish. As long as we can still give offerings to God , we ought to give tithes too. These two principles are eternal. The closest I can give you is 1cor 9:which I quoted

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: Ok the law has changed. What is the new law

You rather should tell us if tithe was included in the new law.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: Ok the law has changed. What is the new law

The Law and commandments are different, all the Ten commandments that was given to the Isrealites where summarised into Love.
Th law which entails tithe and offerings where changed:
(1) Tithe (compulsory 10%) was changed to a freewill giving. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
(2) Offering (burnt and sin) where both annuled by the Death of Jesus The Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Can you show us where the early church paid tithe?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Christians don't have laws. The principles have always been there. It was never abolish. As long as we can still give offerings to God , we ought to give tithes too. These two principles are eternal. The closest I can give you is 1cor 9:which I quoted
That never talked about tithe or giving.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Remember the Inspiration of God was filled within the writers of the Initial Bible in Greek, not some rubbish translation who just do their for their own profit.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithing existed before isreal exited, it existed before the law existed. Tithing was of faith. Abraham is our father of faith. If you are follower of Abraham's faith ,then you ought to tithe.

The tithe that existed before the law, was it a COMMANDED tithe? Was items of tithe before the law acceptable as tithe items under the law? When Hebrews 7 nullified the levitical priesthood, does the tithe still remain?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Pathological, chronic and unrepentant liar, why are you bent on selling your soul to the devil for a loaf of bread
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
The Law and commandments are different, all the Ten commandments that was given to the Isrealites where summarised into Love.
Th law which entails tithe and offerings where changed:
(1) Tithe (compulsory 10%) was changed to a freewill giving. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
(2) Offering (burnt and sin) where both annuled by the Death of Jesus The Christ.
Good.unlike goshen who feels he knows all and refused to answer my questions atleast you did based on your understanding.Atleast i learnt from zikky that tithe was never 10%.

So go back and study more before you open a thread on tithing that you know nothing about.Thanks.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
You fail to see that it is still the same God of the israelite we worship.We don't worship a different God.Jesus was a jew.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Pathological, chronic and unrepentant liar, why are you bent on selling your soul to the devil for a loaf of bread

It's like you're sweating . . Don't be frustrated, the truth doesn't require fight and vulgar words . Take it easy .present your case ,lets judge it but the word ehn! God loves you any how

2 Timothy 2:24
. . And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

. . .But Bàbá Yi nfi style bú mi gaani o.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
^
lol. grin grin grin
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: Good.unlike goshen who feels he knows all and refused to answer my questions atleast you did based on your understanding.Atleast i learnt from zikky that tithe was never 10%.

So go back and study more before you open a thread on tithing that you know nothing about.Thanks.
Tithe that was a Law to the Israelites to be given to supoort the Levites was 1/10 (One-tenth=10%) of everything they had i.e 10% of their clothes, 10% of their food, 10% of their harvest, 10% of their Livestock e.t.c. Learn to study by yourself and not stick to what you are been told.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Tithe that was a Law to the Israelites to be given to supoort the Levites was 1/10 (One-tenth=10%) of everything they had i.e 10% of their clothes, 10% of their food, 10% of their harvest, 10% of their Livestock e.t.c. Learn to study by yourself and not stick to what you are been told.
Whateva... cheesy
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: You fail to see that it is still the same God of the israelite we worship.We don't worship a different God.Jesus was a jew.
I never said otherwise but christianity is a new leaf, the israelites had a religion which is known as Judaism with which they use the Jewish Law as their pattern and way of Life. Christianity is made up of the Jews and Gentiles (all nations which are not jews of whom the jews saw as sinners)
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: Whateva... cheesy
Ignorance is not an excuse you know?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Why don't you reply and to my post on this? Guess you know the truth but the love of money is what is eating you up.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by SalC: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
Pastor Kun:

shocked

We can still do this without name calling please.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: Good.unlike goshen who feels he knows all and refused to answer my questions atleast you did based on your understanding.Atleast i learnt from zikky that tithe was never 10%.

grin grin grin

And you answered my question?

grin grin grin
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Ignorance is not an excuse you know?
whateva.. grin
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: whateva.. grin
OKAY
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
Why don't you reply and to my post on this? Guess you know the truth

May be you reparkage it cause I don't see a question to be answered. What's your point?

but the love of money is what is eating you up.

Matthew 12:35
. . .:and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth. Truth doesn't require abuse

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
lahchi:
OKAY
Lemme help you.They gave about 23 1/3% annually (Numbers 18:20-32; Deut 14:22-29)!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Does God Simply Exist? / It Is Unscientific To Deny The Supernatural. / Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.