Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,247 members, 7,953,926 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:08 AM

Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions (5969 Views)

APC Slams Lawmakers Over Fayose's Desecration Of Assembly / Eze Ndigbo And Desecration Of Igbo Culture- Luke Onyekakeyah(the Guardian) / Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by fellowbeing(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2013
Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, warned royal families against desecration of traditional institutions, saying this was necessary in order to sustain the sacred position and relevance of the traditional rulers.

Fayemi spoke at the presentation of vehicles to members of the Ekiti State Council of Traditional Rulers and the installation of the Onitaji of Itaji Ekiti in Oye Local Government, Oba Idowu Babalola, as chairman of the council.

The vehicles presented to the monarchs included 101 cars, 22 jeeps and one Hilux truck.

The governor said the presentation was in recognition of the traditional council.

He said, "I want to seize this opportunity to appeal to our people in the state, through our royal fathers, to always exercise restraints in bringing traditional institutions to disrepute by engaging in unnecessary court cases.

"This does not mean that the judiciary should not be approached for justice. They should, however, be seen as the last resort after all avenues for amicable settlement had been exploited.

"By so doing, the unnecessary delay and rancour that are usually associated with royal succession would have been avoided. Chieftaincy matters should always be resolved without blackmail and rancour as was the case during the time of our forefathers."

Fayemi said the prevalence of litigation relating to royal tussle had bred 'bad blood' across communities in the state.

He charged the monarchs not to relent in their roles by fostering peace and security, saying, the state government would be responsible for the maintenance of the vehicles.

The Onitaji's appointment as the chairman of the traditional council in Ekiti followed the expiration of the two-year tenure of the Owa Ooye of Okemesi Ekiti, Oba Adedeji Gbadebo, on August 1.

Source: http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/fayemi-warns-against-desecration-of-traditional-institutions/

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by seunmsg(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2013
Good gesture from the governor.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by bilo1(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2013
1st page tings
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
No b small tin. Just passing sha
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Okijajuju1(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2013
Maybe! Just maybe if Fayemi were Governor of Anambra State, My shrine head Quarters in Okija would never have been destroyed..

I will sue the Government for 500 Billion Naira compensation... angry For destroying a Traditional Institution that is my Shrine.

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by khamas19: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2013
...around half a billion naira there... gone!!!...who is footing this bill...taxpayers?....

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by lamex20(m): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2013
hmmmmmm... no comment.! brb
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by playcharles(m): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2013
buyin car why the people perish...that wud av been used to create jobs, erect infrastructure, etc...instead of liability

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by psychologist(m): 9:47am On Aug 28, 2013
'
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2013
khamas19: ...around half a billion naira there... gone!!!...who is footing this bill...taxpayers?....
Well Ekiti state has over 100 monarchs.
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by NoContract(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju: Maybe! Just maybe if Fayemi were Governor of Anambra State, My shrine head Quarters in Okija would never have been destroyed..

I will sue the Government for 500 Billion Naira compensation... angry For destroying a Traditional Institution that is my Shrine.

I feel for you these days wth your comments on Nairaland.

One of those days... grin grin
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Ekiti kete
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Tunjasko(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2013
This is a misplaced priorities and its uncalled for...The distribution of cars to these royal fathers is simply because of 2014 governorship election...He should have diverted these fund for the benefits of the masses

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by gamesb: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2013
beware beware beware of this people they are FAKE defrauding innocent unemployed guys.
avoid them they FAKE.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Fayemi spoke at the presentation of vehicles to members of the Ekiti State Council of Traditional Rulers and the installation of the Onitaji of Itaji Ekiti in Oye Local Government, Oba Idowu Babalola, as chairman of the council.

The vehicles presented to the monarchs included 101 cars, 22 jeeps and one Hilux truck.

One thing about Nigeria I don't understand is the incessant purchase of vehicles for traditional rulers. What about the ones purchased earlier?

Please can someone explain what traditional rulers need Jeeps and a Hilux truck for?
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Aromas: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2013
playcharles: buyin car why the people perish

Hey Oga Ade shout up ur mouth joor, dis ez part of responsibility of our gov't 2 our loyal royal highness. So make u dey c our kings dey lottery around d gov't house dey LOBBY 4 contract abi.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by dridowu: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2013
Honestly , i have noting to say
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by musiwa1f: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2013
\ grin

Apc ba ya ɗaura a Jihar Ogun, ekitir, oyo,ikkor da bukata a mai da ncp or labour
Mutane ba kamar su ɗungum

here ondo state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94eK8HkZNGg
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by bizfirst: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2013
Nice move. I hold that the African Traditional Institute should be respected as much as any other institution. Why are we a nation of self haters?

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2013
2014? And what am I supposed to do about this?
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by playcharles(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Aromas:

Hey Oga Ade shout up ur mouth joor, dis ez part of responsibility of our gov't 2 our loyal royal highness. So make u dey c our kings dey lottery around d gov't house dey LOBBY 4 contract abi.
at d expense of tax payer moni.... were in Nigeria Constitution was dat written or recognised, if u dnt knw wat to say u beta laylow or i reap ur fada's testicles and give it to the birds

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:08am On Aug 28, 2013
The GODS bless Sir Fayemi. cool
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by SplendidE(f): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2013
My fellow nairalanders,pls 'like' my post cos nt even a single 'like' since i joined nairaland,plssssss

22 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2013
E-Light:
2014? And what am I supposed to do about this?

2014 and you still worship a 2000 yr old dead jew and wooden sticks.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by ceejayluv(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2013
fellowbeing:

Source: http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/fayemi-warns-against-desecration-of-traditional-institutions/
Don't mean to be pedantic, but our reporters ought to know the difference between Jeep and SUV.
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Damsman10(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2013
playcharles: buyin car why the people perish...that wud av been used to create jobs, erect infrastructure, etc...instead of liability
dats d problem wif our present leaders, they seem 2 4get dat pplu r lukin up 2 dem...as a native of ekt state i, i'm sure d developed towns there are nt up 2 15 bt here he is appeasing d gods...*smh*
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

lol, why are you complaining are you a Jew?into lumbering, or better yet a native doctor? grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2013
playcharles: buyin car why the people perish...that wud av been used to create jobs, erect infrastructure, etc...instead of liability
Nice one by fayemi...
God bless him.
Election preparation things. You can't rule out the role of Royal fathers during election campaign. They have strong influence over their domain.

The onikosi of ikosi, ketu lagos state was also given a 2012 avensis by the ikosi/isheri lcda about a month ago.
Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Aromas: 10:27am On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=playcharles]
at d expense of tax payer moni.... were in Nigeria Constitution was dat written or recognised, if u dnt knw wat to say u beta laylow or i reap ur fada's testicles and give it to the birds [/quote ]

Bros u com take am personal Hummmmm I pity ur condition o,

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 28, 2013
Having monarchs in a REPUBLIC is a misnomer and one of those Nigerian follies we call peculiarities. These guys precided over 600 years of decline of civilization. That was when Europe and Asia left us behind. What a complete waste of public fund.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Quit stalking XTAINS,whether u lyk it or not,christainity has come to stay mind u JESUS IS RISEN cos death could not hold him captive.
Receive him now ,he's de best thing that can ever happen to you.
halleluyah sumbody

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Warns Against Desecration Of Traditional Institutions by LagosBoi2(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

It's better to be an athiest that these juju crazê

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanu's "Apology" Couldn't Have Been True / The Positive Change Abians Need By Dominic Barcity / Twitter Challenge: Name A Project Initiated And Completed By Buhari And Win 150k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.