Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,707 members, 7,844,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital (610 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Taraba Assembly Adopt Resolution Empowering Deputy governor / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital by dguyindcorner(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
The Taraba State House of
Assembly has taken a decision to
put an end to the ongoing
political rascality and charade in
the state by asking the ailing
governor, Pharm. Danbaba
Suntai to return to the United
States and continue his
treatment.
Speaker of the Assembly, Haruna
Tsokwa, who made the
lawmakers’ position known on
Thursday morning, asked
governor Suntai to return to the
U.S. to continue his rehabilitation
programme and only come back
to resume work when he is fully
fit.
Mr. Tsokwa said the decision was
based on members’ findings
after they were finally allowed to
visit the ailing governor on
Wednesday night in Government
House, Jalingo.
The Speaker said the lawmakers
were fully convinced that Mr.
Suntai is not fit to resume work
as governor of the state.
Details later…
***UPDATE***
16 out of the 24 lawmakers of the
Taraba State House of Assembly,
including the Speaker, Tsokwa, in
a statement made available to
reporters in Jalingo, barred the
ailing governor from resuming
work because of his feeble state.
Consequently, they empowered
the deputy governor, Alhaji
Garba Umar, who has been acting
as governor of the state in the
last ten months, to continue in
that capacity until Suntai is
declared fit to steer the ship of
state.
The lawmakers were however,
silent on the fate of the
commissioners and special
advisers that were purportedly
sacked by Governor Suntai on
Wednesday.

www.informationng.com/2013/08/breaking-news-taraba-assembly-halt-suntais-resumption-ask-him-to-go-back-to-u-s-hospital-updated.html
Re: Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital by JohnFrankling(m): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nice one,he should back
Re: Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital by Richtalk: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
null and void
Re: Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital by eastman11: 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
I think the man should be more concerned about his health than power, the honourable thing should be to resign and have time to take care of his health. I don't know why people prefer to die in office. It all boils down to greed.
Re: Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital by deeptesting(m): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
eastman11: I think the man should be more concerned about his health than power, the honourable thing should be to resign and have time to take care of his health. I don't know why people prefer to die in office. It all boils down to greed.

My Broda it is really sad? What are his fears of refusing to back down and concentrate on his failing health? I am also concerned about the kind of women that this public officers marry, how can the wife allow her husband to come back to Nigeria in such a vegetative state because he wants to remain in power? Gosh!
Re: Taraba Assembly Halt Suntai’s Resumption, Ask Him To Go Back To U.S Hospital by doctokwus: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Interesting!This is pure nollywood drama in all its unrefined form.This has raised an interesting question for nigeria's democracy,viz,have d lawmakers got such powers?This is because dis is a living governor,propped up to b fit& suitable to resume office by power intoxicated proxies& family members,yet,d state assembly in its wisdom,has deemed him not fit enuf to perform d functions of his office.The next move will surely come frm suntai's camp& I expect anoda unique move frm dem because d 2actions so far taken by his camp shows suntai's puppeteers though desperate are definitely a determined& smart group.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Was Not Designed For Poor And Middle Class Citizens – Minister / Nigerians Are Allergic To 'truth'/we Just Hate To Hear Or Say It / First Lady,patience Jonathan Calls For Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.