Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (123674 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

I was in UNN a long time ago..

I dont know when I would Visit Enugu again, but be sure you will see pictures on my next Visit. My Mother Graduated from UNN. Infact, she grew up on campus as her Dad also worked for UNN. I know UNN is a classic school, but OAU again, blew me away. I didnt intend to cause any stir up, I was only naming Federal institutions I had entered before.

My next Target will be University of Ibadan.. grin

So the plan is simple:

Get some of my hommies together for a weekend in Ibadan.. Take off on Friday, Pictures on Saturday.. Groove away Saturday night with Kemi, Shade, Funke, Temi, Bimbo, Tolu & Bola.. Return to Gidi on Sunday.. grin grin Hopefully, 9 months later, I wouldnt have Ibadan Babymama drama.. grin

This should be before Christmas... grin
You are welcomed in advance and be sure to have a taste of our ofe mmanu and chinWENDU I mean EWEDU pls. tongue
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2013
Let me rate the universities i have visited in nigeria according to their beauty by percentage
oau-ife 80% unibadan 42% unilorin 50% unilag 20% futa 15% abu zaria 60% bayero kano 10% futo owerri 20% covenant 40% lasu -5% lucky okada 25% american university of nigeria 50% funnab obeokuta 52% uniben 40% uniport 38% babcock 20% redeemer 18% unn nsukka 25% ajayi crowther 2% lautech 5% afe babalola 10% jabu 5% bell 8% unical 30% aaua 3% aau 1%

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by farochron(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2013
Burger01:
Please comot FUTA. FUTA na school?

Although I can't compare FUTA with Ife but sincerely FUTA has some solid structure as a Federal University of Technology but Ife blew my mind.

I'm sure you have never visited the school. I will post some of the structure when I get them.

OAU rules.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 9:42am On Aug 30, 2013
coded80: Let me rate the universities i have visited in nigeria according to their beauty by percentage
oau-ife 80% unibadan 42% unilorin 50% unilag 20% futa 15% abu zaria 60% bayero kano 10% futo owerri 20% covenant 40% lasu -5% lucky okada 25% american university of nigeria 50% funnab obeokuta 52% uniben 40% uniport 38% babcock 20% redeemer 18% unn nsukka 25% ajayi crowther 2% lautech 5% afe babalola 10% jabu 5% bell 8%

how many post-jamb u don write
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I like the Motto of the School: "Education and Culture".
No, it's actually For Learning and Culture.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nursy(f): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2013
Have u thought of visiting ahmadu bello university? Its very big and lovely too...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2013
All of una wey dey shout say ABU fine pass OAU, prove to be with the aid of pictures that it is. Okija_juju don post pictures and people have be wowed. You people should also reciprocate by posting pictures of ABU. No be by mouth na. cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2013
Tolexander: ya!
When devaino was the president and destiny the speaker.
Yeah, i remember. It was Destiny who paraded him. I was in pt one then, squatting in Faj cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2013
Jarus:

how many post-jamb u don write
shocked
Does this mean a tacit nod to the warp submission of that dude.
These Ife guys can go any lenght to establish a fact where there is non.
We give up, Ife is the best cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by intercom: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
good job. i have not bin to OAU but with this pix i can really tell some one thing about the university and the person will think i have bin there
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2013
OAU is obviously well endowed in terms of infrastructure,but what's with the signages all around the campus.They look outdated to me.Anyway,i was at UI last year for a conference and i was shocked by what i saw.That school is M-A-G-N-I-F-I-C-I-E-N-T,never thought a Nigerian university could be as beautiful as that.What i saw was a superb blend of modern and ancient architecture coupled with a lush green environment.Wish someone could send us pictures for the school...

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2013
ETHIOPE: OAU is obviously well endowed in terms of infrastructure,but what's with the signages all around the campus.They look outdated to me.Anyway,i was at UI last year for a conference and i was shocked by what i saw.That school is M-A-G-N-I-F-I-C-I-E-N-T,never thought a Nigerian university could be as beautiful as that.What i saw was a superb blend of modern and ancient architecture coupled with a lush green environment.Wish someone could send us pictures for the school...

All I need is;

1 pretty Ibadan Chick... Just one!! She can come with her 6 other friends.

Then I promise to bring you pictures of;

1. University of Ibadan.

2. Pictures of Ibadan Including the new Shoprite

3. Pictures of what I did with the Ibadan Chick and her 6 friends .. WARNING:: These pictures would be R-18 cool
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by duro: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2013
Sincerely I feel like going back to school again. Even if not for a degree but for a postgraduate. It is indeed a community of it's own.Children of nowadays and indeed children unborn have really missed. Can we indeed go back to the age where things work. I can imagine that some of those buildings are 50years old and they are still standing. God pls help Nigeria
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2013
misterh: Yeah, i remember. It was Destiny who paraded him. I was in pt one then, squatting in Faj cheesy
Do you remember how Raw Ginger was paraded after being beaten in 2010. His picture appeared in the Nations.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2013
Hey....I'm an Architect and i can tell you all with all confidence that "OAU is far more beautiful than UI".

I'v visited both schools "WELL" and i know they can't be compared. From the OAU drive-In that's 4 lanes,with street lights, curves and bends, hills and valleys, lush greenery and is over a Kilometer long.....to the school comin into view at the end of the road with that Imposing hill behind the school skyline.

That's even before you start talking of imposible looking buildings like the Amphi-theater, Archi-studio, Ajose lecture hall and that new Pyramid lookin building opposite computer building.

There's nothing like Zoning in UI. With all the buildings arranged haphazardly.

OAU was Zoned so that the academic areas are in the center, hostels to one end and Staff quarters on the other end.

There are 3 large hills within the OAU campus for chrissake....coupled with all those trees, roads with side-walks, landscaped buildings (you enter on the first floor and exit on the 2nd floor) and landscaping.

Abeg leave story.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2013
wait till they return from ASUU strike and u enter their overcrowded lecture halls. pictures of their hostels nko? library? undecided all these lush green fields and dilapidated buildings don't a beauty school make undecided

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Iriruaga100(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2013
Indeed,OAU is simply an architectural masterpiece.Creativity was put at its best when ariah sharon designed oau.I have never been to oau but spider is one of the wonders of architecture.No govt can put these on ground now.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Pukkah: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Jarus:
Africa, not sure.

But Nigeria, none. (Even the private unis may only have better facilities, none comes close to Ife in terms of structure.

True.
Iriruaga100: Indeed,OAU is simply an architectural masterpiece.Creativity was put at its best when ariah sharon designed oau.I have never been to oau but spider is one of the wonders of architecture.No govt can put these on ground now.

Correct.

Those who have never been there or have not seen the pictures may not appreciate this.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2013
ba7man: Hey....I'm an Architect and i can tell you all with all confidence that "OAU is far more beautiful than UI".

I'v visited both schools "WELL" and i know they can't be compared. From the OAU drive-In that's 4 lanes,with street lights, curves and bends, hills and valleys, lush greenery and is over a Kilometer long.....to the school comin into view at the end of the road with that Imposing hill behind the school skyline.

That's even before you start talking of imposible looking buildings like the Amphi-theater, Archi-studio, Ajose lecture hall and that new Pyramid lookin building opposite computer building.

OAU was Zoned so that the academic areas are in the center, hostels to one end and Staff quarters on the other end.

There are 3 large hills within the OAU campus for chrissake....coupled with all those trees, roads with side-walks, landscaped buildings (you enter on the first floor and exit on the 2nd floor) and landscaping.

Abeg leave story.

there's nothing like zoning in any other federal university, people won't understand this arrangement of having hostels on one end, lecture theatres on the other end and the food court on one end. OAU is a masterpiece - one has to be there to see the beauty and what it would have been in the 80s when those structures were still new.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by SterlingTowers(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2013
Aerial pictures of ife are certainly mind blowing, remember ife with fond memories
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2013
ba7man: Hey....I'm an Architect and i can tell you all with all confidence that "OAU is far more beautiful than UI".

Abeg leave story.
Nobody on this forum has described OAU the way you did - splendid. The school is well planned. I remember reading the history of the school when the Western Region Government, upon getting the license to establish the school, sent a delegation abroad to see how structures in universities in Europe and the Americas were.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Pukkah: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I like the Motto of the School: "Education and Culture".

For Learning and Culture

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by deinmaafie(f): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2013
Okija, you try well well. The school is making all the sense. Thanks for taking me there electronically. grin grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

there's nothing like zoning in any other federal university, people won't understand this arrangement of having hostels on one end, lecture theatres on the other end and the food court on one end. OAU is a masterpiece - one has to be there to see the beauty and what it would have been in the 80s when those structures were still new.
That's OAU for you. According to Ariah Sharon, the campus is divided into three parts: students' residential area, central campus (academic area) and staff quarters. The three are linked by a bow-shaped road.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2013
Jarus:

can you tell us where 'outside the southwest' you will find a more beautiful public school?

Some of us have been to ABU, its nearest rival and it's no match.

angry
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Malawian(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2013
msheeweeeewwwweeeww. okija, you should have just crossed the expressway and show us pictures of modakeke. in fact, just climb the pedestrian bridge and start snapping. grin grin grin grin yoruba village house noni
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ojtopsy: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Folks you may now undestand why some guys refused to leave or graduate after setting their feet on the soil of OAU. its the only OGBA that was well planed zoned and executed according to plan b4 the devourers came. God bless AWo
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by amAZEing: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2013
I laugh in Kilishi and Ubandomax

try harder. Like *Cross River State House of Assembly complex is far Greater and better than National Assembly complex*

ogbenichoky: UNICAL is far more beautiful than OAU.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Burger01(m): 11:32am On Aug 30, 2013
shymexx: It looks massive and alright.

However, why do naija universities always have built up entrance?

It seems my mum or one of sisters graduated from there or the other one in Ibadan, I need to check. But I know my pops graduated from University of Nigeria (wherever that's) cos he's a member of the uni's alumni thing out here.

Okija_juju, you need to post pics of University of Nigeria. I want to see what their campus looks like.

Any big batty chic on nl who's an undergrad at this uni? - I won't mind visiting the uni. grin

grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Burger01(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2013
farochron:

Although I can't compare FUTA with Ife but sincerely FUTA has some solid structure as a Federal University of Technology but Ife blew my mind.

I'm sure you have never visited the school. I will post some of the structure when I get them.

OAU rules.
I visited FUTA in fact I was there to process my admission years back. I got pissed off the school. It was just like a miniature of LASU can't even say Unilag!! cool
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by blaise26abj(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2013
Of the greatest Ife. That is a school i love with my whole heart. my Alma mata kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Okija Juju: i was privileged to visit the school for the first time after the 1999 cult attack to see my brother. And i graciously filled Jamb form with OAU 1st and 2nd choice. Non-negotiable to my apprehensive parents then.

Also U missed out spider building. yeah, the building looks like a spider. grin Thanks for these pictures. God bless you. you made my day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Amazing Facts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.