Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (123676 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by EENGAGER: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2013
L
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by EENGAGER: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2013
A
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Hmmm....@Okija juju's pics didn't do justice to the environment. It would have been better if he walked round taking the pics.

I remember how we used to race on Road 1 at night......clocking 160km/h in my friend's BMW 525 or racing from new-buka to the staff quarters after rounds of beer. The roads were soo good.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Dudecollins(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Keke, keke aluta, ti MOPOL bade ko gbe mi fo.

In songito's voice...
#Do u knoww aluta Ife yato si ti LASU....
I knw aluta Ife yato si ti LASU...

Do u knoww aluta Ife yato si ti UI...
I knw aluta Ife yato si ti UI...

Do U knoww aluta Ife yato si ti MAULAG...
I knw aluta Ife yato si ti MAULAG...#

Proudly greatIfe!!!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by trappatoni(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2013
i remember what my late pal told me about that school during my days in ilorin.i finally got a chance during my service year.men that school environment is just breathtaking. i agree with being flogged in ooni's palace if you fail grin.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2013
I read in "University of Ife, Ten Years After" written by our own Professor S. A. Akintoye in 1972, to mark the university's 10th anniversary. In the book, he said after Ariah Sharon (AYM) had designed the campus, the Western Region Government told Sharon to modify his plan due to financial contraints on the part of the government, following the fall in the price of cocoa (the government's major cash earner) in world market. Sharon hesitated but later yielded.
If the the design of the school had not been modified, I imagine how impressive it would have been today.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Awo Zoo (coffee room) to be specific. However, upon the locking of that place, students continued the flogging popularly known as SMS and MMS in Awo dining hall (café). I stopped watching them when a security man that tried to apprehend Saburi was apprehend by students and given the beating of his life.

have they locked Awo coffee room?

That is teh venue of Maximum Shi Shi?

If you ever witness maximum shishi being meted on someone, you will never steal 1 kobo or associate with cultism.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I've been to both UNN and UNEC in Enugu; I gratduated from OAU, I can boldly say no school in Africa is as beautiful as OAU.
Africa, not sure.

But Nigeria, none. (Even the private unis may only have better facilities, none comes close to Ife in terms of structure.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by harjiboyede: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I've been to both UNN and UNEC in Enugu; I gratduated from OAU, I can boldly say no school in Africa is as beautiful as OAU.
is UNN UNEC and OAU the only university in africa? Bros com out of ur shell nd visit oda universities in Nigeria
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by harjiboyede: 8:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Jarus:
Africa, not sure.

But Nigeria, none. (Even the private unis may only have better facilities, none comes close to Ife in terms of structure.
My dear hv u eva bin to ABU?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2013
harjiboyede: My dear hv u eva bin to ABU?

Yes, several times.

Plus my sister that finished from ABU confirmed Ife had better structure.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by gagzee(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

Thanks bro..

Na my amatuer Photography hobby I dey try harness..

I'm sure I missed alot of Killer shots of the school.. But I swear, that school is fvcking fine..
You no even reach spider, make ur jaw drop!!
Fine school yea,,,buh d lecturers na awon oloriburuku saddists 4rm birth...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by abdulslutsky(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Tolexander: i suspect this is niyi, laolu's friend?
Lol! Torunnnnroopppeeeeee....yeap.ur right bro
How are things?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by BrightCar: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2013
rubbish! what does that mean, ASUU is on strike, millions of graduates still jobless, i say again rubbish!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Lawrence14: 8:40am On Aug 30, 2013
SEYI_KP: Visit ui and see neatness.
see ui and see aw disorganized dey ha but with Obafemi Awolowo university see organization,beauty with exquisite neatness #proudly great Ife.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2013
shymexx: And it would be nice if people can create threads for colonial/missionaries' secondary schools in Nigeria. I'll like to see what some of the schools look like especially the ones in Lagos and Ibadan.

I have the recent Pictures of Okrika Grammar School in Port-Harcourt..

I took em the day I took my Grandfather to see the school which he attended.. I Grandfather literally cried and said:: 'NO!! This cant be my Okrika Grammar School..' Most of those schools are dead.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jambu: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2013
ETF* and A1 with their goat meat wink

delors:
Oh boy, I patronise that iya elgin like seriously o. Go there wearing a polo by ralph perf, come out wearing 'eefin amala'... cheesy cheesy

Yeah, a la carte too makes sense...Nor be there those two ibo girls and their mumsy dey? Dey arrange those fine girls cheesy cheesy cheesy Ol' boy we run things small for that angle self o...connecting from Awo to ETC from there enter A1 when pepper rest small...Fun days.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:47am On Aug 30, 2013
babyosisi:

Chineke God
And people say I am old
See somebody that was entering uni when babyosisi was still sucking breast
Wonders
Anyone that calls me old again na me and am

HAHAHAHAAA

1979.. Was My father even born then?! grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ogbenichoky(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2013
UNICAL is far more beautiful than OAU.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by anukulapo: 8:54am On Aug 30, 2013
tpia@:
okija what concerns you with OAU for goodness sake.

there are other threads featuring the school, please keep your opinions to yourself, thanks.

do schools from your own area.

You mean okija institute of jujuology? cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by TokyoBulls(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2013
These pictures bring tears and smiles. I was in Ife for 5 years and got so thrilled that I almost never went on break during vacations and strikes (trust me, there were many of them). Thank God for the strengths and inspirations I received from lecturers and students back then. Most importantly, what I learnt from outside the classrooms was at least triple of what I learnt in classrooms. I studied Mathematics (White House made life very interesting) and graduated with First Class Honours. I enjoyed the bliss and the babes. Of the Greatest Ife!!!

If you go to Ife and your life is triangular - Hostel, Lecture Theatres, Church/Mosques, you're finished. You will regret when you're out. You need to learn as much as possible. Learn French, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba. Learn photography/media. Learn driving. Learn everything you can possibly learn. If you can afford it, party/club small. Don't forget the babes in Moremi (Grade A) and the JJCs in Moz (sharwama and suya babes lawon yen).

Layeni showed us pepper.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by anukulapo: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2013
gagzee:
You no even reach spider, make ur jaw drop!!
Fine school yea,,,buh d lecturers na awon oloriburuku saddists 4rm birth...

Gagzee,na so e be o. Many Nigerian universities are full of d*vilish lecturers who don't care about education. As far as they are concern,it's just another government office where they hope to flex their muscle and make some money.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2013
ACM10:

Your comment is not true. I don't know why you should bring in UNN into your opening statement. Unknowingly you have set tone for toxic exchange here. I don't know when you visited UNN last. I visited UNN early this year during their convocation. Fortunately, I took some pictures which I still have with me. But I wont post it here, because I want sanity to reign on this thread. I wouldn't want it to degenerate to contest between schools. UNN has undergone massive facelift starting from the tenure of Prof Nebo and continued to the present regime of Prof. Barth Okolo. It is almost unrecognizable from my undergraduate years. I encourage you to visit UNN during your free time and have a look.
on point. okija when last did you visit UNN?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by veraponpo(m): 9:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Neatness and Beauty don't mean the same thing. Btw, i've been to UI and it doesn't look as good as OAU.

Btw, which government built OAU?

It was being built by Old Western Govt . Designed (planned) by Chief Obafemi Awolowo before independence and established by Sir Samuel Akintola the then Premier of the region after Awolowo in 1962 making Western region to have 3 universities then while other regions had one each.The list then is -University of Ibadan, University of Ife(now Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife) and University Of Lagos, others are University of Nigeria Nsukka( East) and Amodu Bello University, Zaria (North). Chief Awolowo was also the first Chancellor (not vice chancellor ooooo, before you misquote me). It was taken over by Federal govt later around 1977/1978(I am not sure but I know it was under Gen Obasanjo that all the regional and state universities were taken over)
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Tolexander: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2013
pongwa: 2009 it was... That fierce lookin guy... We all thought he was gonna retaliate sef.
ya!
When devaino was the president and destiny the speaker.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jambu: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2013
True that! And they don't have massive structures like Ife's, at least the ones I've seen.
saxywale:
na wa for u ooo. in terms of building. I have been to several uni's in Europe and most of them can't even compare to oau.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2013
I like the Motto of the School: "Education and Culture".

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2013
centje: on point. okija when last did you visit UNN?

I was in UNN a long time ago..

I dont know when I would Visit Enugu again, but be sure you will see pictures on my next Visit. My Mother Graduated from UNN. Infact, she grew up on campus as her Dad also worked for UNN. I know UNN is a classic school, but OAU again, blew me away. I didnt intend to cause any stir up, I was only naming Federal institutions I had entered before.

My next Target will be University of Ibadan.. grin

So the plan is simple:

Get some of my hommies together for a weekend in Ibadan.. Take off on Friday, Pictures on Saturday.. Groove away Saturday night with Kemi, Shade, Funke, Temi, Bimbo, Tolu & Bola.. Return to Gidi on Sunday.. grin grin Hopefully, 9 months later, I wouldnt have Ibadan Babymama drama.. grin

This should be before Christmas... grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by veraponpo(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2013
delors: Thanks okija. U are the man! I thought u only took pictures of shrines but u just blew my mind.
I can see faculties of Law, Admin, Health sciences, Arts theatre etc in there. Great work. Some other majestic buildings too would have blown your mind like the Amphitheatre. You should have checked out Spider building, Ajose theatre, Archy studio and co. If u checked Admin basement you would have fallen in love with the architecture as well.
Great work pal.

You blew my mind with that Admin Faculty pictures. That admin was my faculty....
Not hyped but was actually declared Africa's Most beautiful campus...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Tolexander: ya!
When devaino was the president and destiny the speaker.

Bros..

Abeg explain wetin una dey yarn!

Say una flog student?! shocked University Student?! shocked

The gods in OAU must be crazy... grin

#Allah!! Persin go die... You wan flog Juju?! You no dey fear winch?! grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by TokyoBulls(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2013
I'm interested oooo. I'll pay for the booz!!! LOL
Okija_juju:

I was in UNN a long time ago..

I dont know when I would Visit Enugu again, but be sure you will see pictures on my next Visit. My Mother Graduated from UNN. Infact, she grew up on campus as her Dad also worked for UNN. I know UNN is a classic school, but OAU again, blew me away. I didnt intend to cause any stir up, I was only naming Federal institutions I had entered before.

My next Target will be University of Ibadan.. grin

So the plan is simple:

Get some of my hommies together for a weekend in Ibadan.. Take off on Friday, Pictures on Saturday.. Groove away Saturday night with Kemi, Shade, Kemi & Bola.. Return to Gidi on Sunday.. grin grin Hopefully, 9 months later, I wouldnt have Ibadan Babymama drama.. grin

This should be before Christmas... grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I like the Motto of the School: "Education and Culture".

Why wont you like it since they recognized culture, lol.
Learnt they also offer PAGANISM as a course.
Zango ota 101

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Amazing Facts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.