Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? (35415 Views)

Custom Officers Kill Girl In Sango Ota, Ogun State(Graphic Photos) / Fighting At Barnawa Area In Kaduna / Bomb Found At Seme Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Saintsquare: The fact that you woke up among the living is enough reason to have a good morning.

Thanks 4 reminding me
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Uclloyd28(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2013
95% of the smugglers are Yorubas...heartless people..killing patriots who risk their lives for the good of Nigerians...Why can't Yorubas look for a legit means of making money...RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by petkoffDrake(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Chai! angry end time things... cry
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by otokx(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2013
The guy should have turned back the moment he saw thr mob gathered. When security forces kill innocent civilians, they immediately call it stray bullet or accidental discharge. What a country we live in.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by eaglechild: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2013
clip:

. The cross of the matter is that they should not collect bribe. If they do not collect bribe from the smugglers God will always protect them in days like this.
No be only cross what of rosary.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by mascot87(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2013
Uclloyd28: 95% of the smugglers are Yorubas...heartless people..killing patriots who risk their lives for the good of Nigerians...Why can't Yorubas look for a legit means of making money...RIP to the dead
You no get sense.

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by saintjoel(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2013
Sir.I am a custom licensed agent at seme border and I witnessed the fracas.50 custom officials aren't dead,how many people will be left in the command if 50 die.

What actually happened was that custom officials shot a man who they claimed was a smuggler but villagers claim was an innocent bystander.After he was shot,the villagers took laws into their hands and started destroying custom vehicles,trailers etc.

By the time men of the Nigerian Army arrived,there was one confirmed report of a dead high ranking custom officer and two unconfirmed reports of two other officers.Peace has since returned to seme and people are going about their normal duties.

I'm in my office in seme right now as I'm typing this and two of my customer's jeeps are coming out of the border into seme and will begin the trip to PH.You don't need to be scared as long as you're coming to the border for legal business.

3 Likes

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by eaglechild: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2013
Opey4luv: Hmmm RIP to all those who died serving their father's land. The Labour of our past heroes shall not be in vein.
Nor shall they be in artery.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by vladimiros: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2013
toluxa1: End time tins

guy go hug heater
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by bknight: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2013
How nice of Nairaland so show this dead officers body! Its a good place for his wife to find out of her husband's death first

Pictures shld cover a larger cross-section of d mayhem, not just & only one dead officer's body who may not died from d mayhem on d said dayundecided

#next time, insert a black rectangle to cover part of face, esp eyes

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Kassidy90(m): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2013
Freewilly: Why are yorubas so violent.
Who is this she - goat? wetin concern yoruba and the news nw, last time I checked seme border is filled with pple from diff countries n tribes
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by rhema00z: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2013
phrases or clauses like "end time things"."first to comment" na childish talk.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2013
saintjoel:
Sir.I am a custom licensed agent at seme border and I witnessed the fracas.50 custom officials aren't dead,how many people will be left in the command if 50 die.

What actually was that custom officials shot a manm who they claimed was a smuggler but villagers claim was an innocent bystander.After he was shot,the villagers took laws into their hands and started destroying custom vehicles,trailers etc.

By the time men of the Nigerian Army arrived,there was one confirmed reports of a dead high ranking custom officer and two unconfirmed reports of two other officers.Peace has since returned to seme and people are going about their normal duties.

I'm in my office in seme right now as I'm typing this and two of my customer's jeeps are coming out of the border into seme and will begin the trip to PH.You don't need to be scared as long as you're coming to the border for legal business.
thanks for the info tlest people will know the actual truth.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Uclloyd28(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2013
Kassidy90:
Who is this she - goat? wetin concern yoruba and the news nw, last time I checked seme border is filled with pple from diff countries n tribes

Are Yorubas not violent? Let's say the truth for once...that u are not violent and ur Yoruba won't change the fact that Yorubas are violent and wicked in nature Mister
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by 2ndChance: 9:17am On Aug 30, 2013
clip:

. The cross of the matter is that they should not collect bribe. If they do not collect bribe from the smugglers God will always protect them in days like this.

Bribery is bad but you should please show some respect for the dead and his family. Have you worked with the deceased before? How do you know he was corrupt? You wey never take bribe before for your life, we go see how you go take ascend into heaven like Elijah.
And by the way, that word is crux and not "cross"
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by AreaFada2: 9:23am On Aug 30, 2013
too bad
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Uclloyd28:

Are Yorubas not violent? Let's say the truth for once...that u are not violent and ur Yoruba won't change the fact that Yorubas are violent and wicked in nature Mister
are you always this stupid or is this just a special occasion?
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Uclloyd28:

Are yorubas the people who caused mayhem in a village in Awka?.
https://www.nairaland.com/1417893/cultists-attack-churches-anambra-killing
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by hikmoj(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2013
deeptesting: This is senseless, I wish the system has a way to bring the real culprits to book and jail them for 205 years without parole.
chei ! If u b judge pple go suffer 4 ur hand oo
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by deeptesting(m): 9:42am On Aug 30, 2013
Had a bitter experience with this smugglers in 2007, government should do more to protect our borders and men of the Nigeria Customs service. Having said that there should be thorough investigation to bring the killers of both the customs officer and villagers to book....This senseless killing and reprisal killings has to stop...
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by baybiemee: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2013
eaglechild:
Nor shall they be in artery.

U wicked no be small grin

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by EveryLadY(f): 9:47am On Aug 30, 2013
bibigirl07: This is indeed gruesome. The deceased officer's wife is a friend and I mourn with her. Everyone knows Seme is not safe, security wise, but this so called "reprisal killing" is uncalled for. Custom officers on that route work tirelessly day and night in a bid to prevent this demonic agents and smugglers from importing all sorts into our country. Yet some NLs here are so ignorant. Do u know how many trailer-loads of contaminated rice and infected turkey this officers impound daily [/b]and burn Do u know how many families would have died by eating such poisonous food? [b]Smugglers are ready to bring in weapons, bombs and other unsafe instruments thru this same seme border yet, all sorts of people are busy name calling this our Officers. My dear Sister/friend...I mourn with you, the last time I saw you and now late husband, he was dropping you off @d roundabout. May His Soul rest in perfect peace...Amen. To his now Fatherless children..Take heart, Vengeance is of the Lord. He will keep you and make sure you succeed in life. Amen. *sobs*

The unsafe instrument here is cars and not edibles. Talking about weapons, was it thru seme border the Iranian container load of arms entered this country last two years?
See,in as much as we agree customs are working, they are way too greedy. Why kill a man simply because of disagreement.what happened to the legal route?Dont defend Nigeria customs simply u because u knew this victim pls.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by amiskurie(m): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2013
dead bodies pishures?
....scores? undecided
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by bizfirst: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2013
sometimes, crisis seem to be the only lasting solution. I hope this event proves such...RIP to the deceased.

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by Jadeng: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2013
@OP Hope you called for help first before taking pictures with your phone?
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by jude33084(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2013
Opey4luv: Hmmm RIP to all those who died serving their father's land. The Labour of our past heroes shall not be in vein.

RIP to the dead first, let's ♍e say τhis prestissimo that the customs in Seme border serve their various pocket and not that of the FG as you said. wink

And I am maniacally bewildered that the border tools called Customs in Seme have all the trappings of an odoriferous behaviour, cum gargantuan gaga grin with the locals which have led to their calamitous end angry

The urgly activities of the customs along our high way is like the Biblical mene mene tekel Upharsin; meaning that it is no longer a secrete thing( like my Hon. P. Obahiagbon will say) lipsrsealed

undecided
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by saintjoel(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2013
bibigirl07: This is indeed gruesome. The deceased officer's wife is a friend and I mourn with her. Everyone knows Seme is not safe, security wise, but this so called "reprisal killing" is uncalled for. Custom officers on that route work tirelessly day and night in a bid to prevent this demonic agents and smugglers from importing all sorts into our country. Yet some NLs here are so ignorant. Do u know how many trailer-loads of contaminated rice and infected turkey this officers impound daily and burn Do u know how many families would have died by eating such poisonous food? Smugglers are ready to bring in weapons, bombs and other unsafe instruments thru this same seme border yet, all sorts of people are busy name calling this our Officers. My dear Sister/friend...I mourn with you, the last time I saw you and now late husband, he was dropping you off @d roundabout. May His Soul rest in perfect peace...Amen. To his now Fatherless children..Take heart, Vengeance is of the Lord. He will keep you and make sure you succeed in life. Amen. *sobs*

My condolences to the family of the slain officer but seriously you need to talk to your husbands.

We go through the stress of paying custom duty everytime we bring in cars from Cotonou yet your husbands will still demand bribes in form of officer on duty payments and when you as an agent refuse to pay,theyu start shooting sporadically.

It's your husbands' people who now collect bribes at lagos ports,they produce fake duty papers for fraudulent agents who sell to gullible Nigerians,they also collect 3,000 naira per vehicle been smuggled across the border,500naira per bag of rice.

Yet,when all this deals go wrong,they start shooting and killing innocent civilains and smugglers.

As at this morning,rice has started moving across the border like no man's business,yet custom officials are nopt doing anything about it.

Advice your husbands' to stop collecting bribes and giving smugglers helping hands,thanks.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by jajajaja828: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2013
d.j bazz:
If you know anyone travelling or moving towards seme border along badagry road...Please tell him or her to make a turn around because there is a brutal conflict btw custom and firewar right now... More than 50 customs officers.

Ezeblinks. 26F9D749

I heard custom are selling cars auction. The sales is going on in lagos office. Pls is this true. Help and confirm.
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by paparazzi1987(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2013
There was mayhem at the Seme border area of Lagos State on Thursday after a 35-year-old man, Saturday Joel, was shot by officials of the Nigerian Customs Service.

Eyewitnesses said Joel was hit by a stray bullet while some customs officers were trying to apprehend a motorist who was smuggling a red Volkswagen bus from Benin Republic into Nigeria.

It was learnt that after the shooting, some residents took to the streets in protest. The residents were said to have alleged that customs officials had killed at least three motorists this month under the pretext that they were smugglers.

It was learnt that in the ensuing pandemonium, the customs officials stationed in the area fled. However, a Superintendent of Customs, identified as J. I Motojelu, was said to have been driving by at the time.

PUNCH Metro learnt that in retaliation, the angry mob, led by a community leader, dragged the officer out of his Toyota Corolla car marked ABJ 663 DW, and killed him.

It was learnt that the irate mob, also set the deceased officer’s vehicle ablaze and set up bonfires at the centre of the road.

The culprits were said to have used the opportunity to steal some items that had previously been seized by customs.

A police source said, “Motojelu, who knew nothing about the incident was beaten to death. The mob opened a customs patrol van stationed nearby and took a G3 rifle with 30 rounds of ammunition kept inside it. They then set the vehicle ablaze.”

Sources told our correspondent that some customs officials and policemen later returned to the scene and fired shots to disperse the mob.

Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Razaq Fadipe, said his men attempted to put out the fire but they had to retreat because of the sporadic gunshots in the area.

It was learnt that the victim had been rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.

But the NCS Public Relations Officer, Seme Command, Ernest Olattah, said in a statement that the officer was killed while on his way to attend a meeting at the command.

He said, “We announce the gruesome killing of one of our senior officers by some smugglers in the Ashipa area of Seme around 9.50am on Thursday. The deceased officer, while in his official uniform, unarmed, and driving to the command’s headquarters for a routine meeting, was accosted by a mob who forced him out of his vehicle.

“Led by an identified chief of the community, the officer was murdered in cold blood, while his vehicle was set ablaze.”

The customs spokesman said efforts were on to apprehend the culprits adding that the customs had achieved many feats this year alone.

He said NCS operatives, due to their uncompromising stance against smuggling and the protection the nation’s economy, had come under series of attacks by smugglers and some unpatriotic elements that saw smuggling as their rights.

The PRO said, “Customs Area Controller of Seme Border, Othman Abdu Saleh, has in collaboration with sister government agencies including the police, commenced moves to bring the perpetrators of the heinous crime to book. The controller posits that this unfortunate incident will not deter operatives of the command under his watch from carrying out their lawful duties.

‘’This is indeed a sad day for us here in this command, but let me emphasised that we are not relenting in the discharge of our duty as we will not allow the darkness of criminality to dampen the light of our service to Nigeria.”

Lagos Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, told our correspondent on the telephone that seven suspects had been arrested, adding that they would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.

She said, “Joel is recuperating at Badagry General Hospital while the slain customs officer has been deposited at the mortuary.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/mayhem-in-seme-border-customs-officer-killed/
Re: Custom Officers & Smugglers Fighting At Seme Border? by jajajaja828: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2013
d.j bazz:
If you know anyone travelling or moving towards seme border along badagry road...Please tell him or her to make a turn around because there is a brutal conflict btw custom and firewar right now... More than 50 customs officers.

Ezeblinks. 26F9D749

I heard custom is selling cars auction at their office in lagos.pls is it true. Pls help and confirm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election / Adeleke’s Billboards Set Ablaze As Osun PDP Primaries Ends In Violence / All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.