Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City (25518 Views)

Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo) / Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

I tire lol
yeah right! and yet people troop into Lagos from all corners of life to search for greener pastures? even the so called Oyinbo people who wrote the trash i just read allow their people to fly into Lagos as expatriates to take over jobs meant for lagosians? isn't that ridiculous? angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Anuoluwap(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2013
Only this shit comment wanna make me start trading words but the good news is that i ain't got time. Infact im already satisfied with people's comments nd opinion on this. Front page nt beta dan diz. Diz is a front page tin already.lol
Lagosbabe1: @ OP Can you explain your fascination with this topic? you have messaged every mod to put it on the FP, will you earn money if they put it on d FP? what is your agenda? i think you should concentrate on your studies and admission.

@ topic...I stopped reading when i saw pirates and boko haram-ill informed journalist making a show of him or her self. lagos is not borno plagued with Islamic fundamentalists or states where kidnapping is rife-we all know these states. The journalist erroneously ascribed to Lagos the problems of other regions in Nigeria. The Journalist has clearly never been to Lagos and knows very little about Nigeria.

Woeful article
tell that to vanguard lolz

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by djfaithy: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Not all cities made the list, Abuja is far better than Lagos but was not there, the list was all about the best and the worst, the intermediates were not considered
. From what you wrote,it shows you hardly travel,I'm not sorry to say that because I do not believe anyone in his right mind and a good/sincere Nigerian,(not the bunch of liars and selfish people that made up of an ethnic group) will ever compare lagos to abuja, haba why can't we think before we talk......if you've been to both abuja and lagos recently I'm sure you won't make such statement that abuja is developed or beautiful than lagos, guy wake up and stop embarrassing yourself,with all the money in abuja I expect it to have turn to cities like new york and paris, even if not as beautiful as them, abuja should be close to em in term of development,but where is the abuja today,its no where to be found,FYI I just google search for the best cities in the world and none from nigeria not even our FCT is included so why jubillate over such crap, because you are not from lagos,a pdp member or probably an ibo man , I pity people like you cuz you are not even preparing for the great questions your children would ask you when the time comes, well lagos is one of the worst city and you not one of the worst Nigerian for jubilating that some as s holes said craps about one of the city in a country where you are claiming to be a citizen and all you could do is compare a commercial capital to a federal capital territory, guess most of us need a lot of orientation

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Maxymilliano(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Anuoluwap:
“Rapid growth is not always a good thing because Lagos is now a magnet for two perpetual threats to peace: pirates and
Islamist warriors.

Illogical argument devoid of any scintilla of economic intelligence

Anuoluwap:
Boko Haram have a problem with cities like Lagos and also lots of weaponry. Pirates threaten trade and use kidnapping as a method of funding. Islamist terrorist groups such as Boko Haram (“Education is forbidden”) want to create their own version of heaven on earth by destroying cities such as Lagos and imposing strict sharia law. Lagos has enormous potential but as yet little to show for it –

Confused folks at the Economic Intelligence Unit, according to the report, Lagos has enormous potential but little to show, yet, rapid growth is not always a good thing for a state like Lagos because it will be a magnet for two perpetual threats to peace.

Bunch of confusionist speaking from both side of the mouth! Why not allow for the rapid growth to continue so that the enormous potential can be fully optimized while the government bother with the threat to peace?

The deduction in the report is not only flawed but useless and only fit for the thrash can ...
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Lagosbabe1: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2013
Anuoluwap: Only this shit comment wanna make me start trading words but the good news is that i ain't got time. Infact im already satisfied with people's comments nd opinion on this. Front page nt beta dan diz. Diz is a front page tin already.lol

I cannot really comprehend what you just wrote there, are you sure you are a student? When they fail Jamb, they will start cursing the examiners and markers.

My question to you is why are you insistent it makes the Front Page, do you get a prize for that? Or is it merely to compensate for a low self esteem or to massage your ego?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by goldfish80(m): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

So you give an example of ONE MAN to negate his point? SMH, I wonder what they teach children at school these days
Make it two,add Micheal Adebanjo,the woolwich killer... wink
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Lagosbabe1: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2013
goldfish80: Add Micheal Adebanjo,the woolwich killer... Its more than one man wink

He is a British man born and bred in London. He is actually from a Christian background so your point is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Anuoluwap(m): 9:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

I cannot really comprehend what you just wrote there, are you sure you are a student? When they fail Jamb, they will start cursing the examiners and markers.

My question to you is why are you insistent it makes the Front Page, do you get a prize for that? Or is it merely to compensate for a low self esteem or to massage your ego?
lolz front page is nt a new tin to me. Infact check my profile. I can nevr suggest any topic nt worthy for fp. Talkin abt esteem or ego infact dat na mistake coz na 4 my nokia fone i dey run nobody go gv u 1m for makin fp or comentin 1st. Seun nd d mods recommends such attempt to suggest topic for fp since it adds to Seun's pocket nt mine. #lobatan
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Italiano1: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Anuoluwap: LAGOS—Lagos is the fourth
worst city in the world,
Economist Intelligence Unit, EIU,
an independent forecasting and

Source
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/lagos-ranked-4th-worlds-worst-city/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Complete and utter BS! Does not merit any comment. Complete waste of time

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by djfaithy: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2013
Shine It:

Boko haram is expected to flood Lagos in future cause of Yoruba muslims who want same thing as their Northern counterpart>>>>to islamize Nigeria.
. Let me tell you what you don't know, boko haram can not survive in lagos state,boko haram can not even take over any state in the SW,the muslims there are well informed and well educated, they are not sheep that follows their shepherds blindly,they can't even think of islamizing nigeria cuz most of em are from christian and trado religion background, so they still have families that would get hurt if they want to forcefully islamize Nigeria, mind you its wrong for a good and reasonable citizen of Nigeria to jubilate on this crap about lagos state, but what can I say,we are what we are, "200 million mumus"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2013
We should be happy that Lagos made it to the list. Lagos being the 4th world worst place to live in doesn't make Abuja the best place to live in the world. grin

We will get there someday, somehow..... grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by ba7man(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
Lasgidi State of mind. I rep Lagos.

Kudos to other individuals regardless of tribe making it happen in Naija's own Concrete Jungle.

Get that money and show some love.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Is my wish to see Imo,Enugu and co(All Igbo states) blossom like Lagos but not to d detriment of d latter.I was born in Lagos and to d best of my knowledge,the Yoruba man is accomodative.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Italiano1: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Is my wish to see Imo,Enugu and co(All Igbo states) blossom like Lagos but not to d detriment of d latter.I was born in Lagos and to d best of my knowledge,the Yoruba man is accomodative.

God bless you for that comment Dike! Fresh air
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by ba7man(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Is my wish to see Imo,Enugu and co(All Igbo states) blossom like Lagos but not to d detriment of d latter.I was born in Lagos and to d best of my knowledge,the Yoruba man is accomodative.
You are a true Lagosian.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by solapex: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
God bless you.
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by ALTRUTH(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
It's just too bad that almost every thread ends us as Igbo vs Yoruba e-war. This constant online struggle is become so tiring.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by mithel(m): 1:10am On Aug 31, 2013
Didnt make the Front page i see grin grin

Mission accomplished cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2013
djfaithy: . From what you wrote,it shows you hardly travel,I'm not sorry to say that because I do not believe anyone in his right mind and a good/sincere Nigerian,(not the bunch of liars and selfish people that made up of an ethnic group) will ever compare lagos to abuja, haba why can't we think before we talk......if you've been to both abuja and lagos recently I'm sure you won't make such statement that abuja is developed or beautiful than lagos, guy wake up and stop embarrassing yourself,with all the money in abuja I expect it to have turn to cities like new york and paris, even if not as beautiful as them, abuja should be close to em in term of development,but where is the abuja today,its no where to be found,FYI I just google search for the best cities in the world and none from nigeria not even our FCT is included so why jubillate over such crap, because you are not from lagos,a pdp member or probably an ibo man , I pity people like you cuz you are not even preparing for the great questions your children would ask you when the time comes, well lagos is one of the worst city and you not one of the worst Nigerian for jubilating that some as s holes said craps about one of the city in a country where you are claiming to be a citizen and all you could do is compare a commercial capital to a federal capital territory, guess most of us need a lot of orientation

What is this one saying? You're making a lot of noise without making sense. Are you suggesting that Lagos is more developed or more "beautiful" than Abuja? Or what exactly is your point?

Lagos is a massive slum, compared to Abuja. This is even beyond debate.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by OneNaira6: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2013
hmm. it's not new news anyway OP. for the past few years, that city have had a permanent membership in that list.
we don't need foreigners to tell us that lagos is crap in comparison to most cities in the world.

@OP
you expected this to reach front page? you no kno where lagos is located at? Them no go dare put am for front page. if you wan make front page, in the article change lagos to enugu, onitsha, warri, PH, uyo or kano. you go reach am if you do

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by omonnakoda: 9:40am On Sep 01, 2013
ALTRUTH: It's just too bad that almost every thread ends us as Igbo vs Yoruba e-war. This constant online struggle is become so tiring.

Afam Kedu?
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Sike(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2013
Freewilly: Who wants to bet me that this thread would not make the front page on NL.
Welcome to the Front Page.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by dainvincible(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2013
Hmmm.... What re their criteria?
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:14am On Sep 01, 2013
I order this thread closed. It not relevant

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by lertee(f): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
All these reprehensible rankings,why should we accept it?
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by 4Play(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2013
mankevo: In rational thinking, I don't expect anyone to jubilate over this. Do we reason ''One Nation'' at all?

I am sure Lagos was THE ONLY Nigerian city among that ranked list. Which means if it is 4th worst, the other 35 cities and Abuja ARE NON-EXISTENT!!
It's not every report we should be hyping ethnic response or party differentiation. For people already ''celebrating'' this report, which position is your city? Does EIU know your city name?
I will rejoice any day I read that my beloved Enugu city is 1st worst amongst: Dubai, Shanghai, Beijin, New York, Denver, Oman....... (It will mean world recognition)
City must first meet the ranking parameters before it could be included in the fold, and here it means ONLY LAGOS is Nigerian city worthy of EIU ranking.

See logic. I will tell you other cities not ranked, therefore ''non-existent'' by your reasoning: Las Vegas, Miami, Boston, Rotterdam, Frankfurt, e.t.c. Presumably Harare and Lagos which were ranked are more liveable than these cities. Why is this forum replete with stupidity?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by LagosBoi2(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2013
[quote
author=pro01]

What is this one saying? You're making a lot of noise without making
sense. Are you suggesting that Lagos is more developed or more
"beautiful" than Abuja? Or what exactly is your point?

Lagos is a massive slum, compared to Abuja. This is even beyond
debate.[/quote]

this one never reach lagos before ooo, parkwell joor, massive slum ko, massive estate ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by nathdim: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2013
Are they trying to say that lagos is worse than baghdad kabul islamabad Cairo damascus
Re: Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2013
Apart from VI, Ikoyi and Lekki, Ikeja, every other place in Lagos is just an unorganized mess. Its a fact, lets face it so we can make a change. Enough of these Tinubuans in Power. Lagos is the smallest state in landmass yet so largely undeveloped.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bashir El-Rufai: Ojukwu Was A Failed Hero - El-rufai’s Son Says / Aisha Buhari Receives Courtesy Visit From Wives Of Service Chiefs (photos) / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.