Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? (6478 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by naptu2: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
deols: The basic education of the ability to read, write and reason is what anyone needs.

The others are subject to your profession. At this jet age, whatever else info you need is right on your palms.

Football is some form of education too undecided

Brilliant!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by maggdon(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
D day i discover d baby is going to b a boy, i will start buying him soccer boots nd jersey... He must play d ball to d highest level.... But 1 tin dat is sure is dat he is going to ve a degree alongside... Cleverly of manutd is still in sch.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Afam4eva(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
chookudi: Considering the fact that footballers nowadays earn mega bucks running into millions of Naira every week in Europe, would you as a parent allow your kids to play professional football in Europe at the expense of his/her education? or would u rather they pursued education instead?

I mean if you were Mikel's parents for example, won't u be thanking God he chose soccer?? Your views are welcome..
You have to tell us what you mean by education cos education can be acquired anywhere. I think what you meant to say is "Going to School". I'll endeavor to educate my child through whichever means and not necessarily by going to school, so yes, i would allow my child play football as opposed to going to school or being educated like you put it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by wonderiyke(m): 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Define ''Education''.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by chookudi(m): 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yeah by education I meant going through the 4 walls of primary, secondary and the university
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by MacLovington(m): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
robonski16: In nigria NO, but abroad YES,he must finish his secondary school level..
With a lot of graduates roaming the streets of nigeria I fear the worse..

On a second thought if my wife delivers a baby boy,he must start football training the next day undecided

Even in England, of all the kids deemed good enough to be in EPL footbal club academies, well over 95% don't get offered professional contract when they turn 18. They are booted out. And most have no plan B. The odds are very poor.

In Naija, I know a couple of good players who barely finished secondary school and their blossoming careers ended with nasty injuries. One was seen everyday playing table teniss in front of their house. No profession. Sad case. The other managed to travel abroad but not to play football.

If a child turns out to be exceptionally good at football, yes. Otherwise education.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
They can do both at the same time. My younger brothers do.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by TheBookWorm: 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
Money is not everything. Education is key. Why would I want my children to become a footballer, when they can eventually own a team?
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Elxandre(m): 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
I wish i did few years ago. seriously!
Imagine money now being a hindrance to the education now. smh!
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Elxandre(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
adaobi123: They can do both at the same time. My younger brothers do.
Thats in the UK. its not feasible in Nigeria.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Elxandre(m): 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
TheBookWorm: Money is not everything. Education is key. Why would I want my children to become a footballer, when they can eventually own a team?
How sure are you that they will ever make a hundred million dollars.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
Elxandre:
Thats in the UK. its not feasible in Nigeria.

I know......
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by mgbeketoto: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
If that is what HE OR SHE wants to do! kiss
I don't INDULGE in NAGGING children out of their comfort zones!

After all, ASSSIWAJU spent money to train one of daughters to STUDY MUSIC in BERKELEY! grin

JAY-JAY I-KWOCHA IS NOT A NIGERIAN LEGISLATHIEF EITHER! grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Jobabori(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2013
Elxandre:
How sure are you that they will ever make a hundred million dollars.
How sure are you that they will be signed by top foreign professional clubs?
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by seangy4konji: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2013
If my boy reach 1 years and I throw ball for hin leg and he nor kick am back...I go poison am and hin mama.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by wonderiyke(m): 9:26am On Aug 31, 2013
chookudi: Yeah by education I meant going through the 4 walls of primary, secondary and the university

That, my friend, is just a small part of ''Education''. I suggest that you consult a good dictionary for a better, much fuller definition.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Bizibi(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2013
If there's a good education system, one can do both just like college football in u.s.a
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by todayguest(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2013
Not all who played the game made it;nd not all educated are successful. I think fate has a role here. Today,in the football acedemies in europe nd else where, not only the game is played. They school. Besides, most players retire at most 35. While in schools a good number are above 35 for real.You can't play anytime, but can school anytime. Eg. OBJ. So, I'll support my kid play when young nd strong. Later pursue higher education. My reason,with money education is easy. He can as well employ a Prof. and pay. With cash everything is at your command.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by SirKeeN(m): 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
Considering the fact that footballers nowadays earn mega bucks running into millions of Naira every week in Europe does not make up a good reason to have your kids education traded for football.
Talking about Mikel, he was educated and that is as result of the fact that he went through school and if u dicipher very well he never droped his school for football.
I would rather prefer the kids to have their education prior to football and if it happens that football gained priority in the future then education can then b eluded but if not for that, education is mor promising to football especially at this point in time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help...i Am Finished!the Devil Has Ruined Me. / INCREDIBLE: USA: Mother Gives Birth To 17 Babies At Once! / I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.