Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? (6480 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
Soccer No , American Football Oh yeah grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by DrWalter: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
WHAT IS EDUCATION?? I THINK MANY OF U DNT KNW D MEANING OF EDUCATION
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Cashio(m): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2013
wellmax: Don't think so. The child will need alot of sense on how to spend the money he'll make. What is even the assurance that he will be signed by a big club.
guy education dnt give wisdom, jst enlightenment...wisdom is a natural gift...
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Barrackobama: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
I've learnt in life that u don't necessary need a degree to be successful and most importantly be a man of education.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
jidegirl12: Soccer No , American Football Oh yeah grin
even super bowl is not as interesting as d soccer little children plays in d street..

Soccer rules
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
Corruption apart,we al know dat normally that players like mikel,martins and d rest are richer than every politician in dis country.From mr president to cbn governor to minister of finance.Mikel earns about 19m naira "weekly",while d president of nigeria earns about 2-5(if d tin even reach) million "monthly"(minus corruption money o).If we calculate mikel wages in a month it wil b about 75m naira monthly.Checkout money.Choiiiii.Futubalu
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by UjSizzle(f): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nah, school is a priority for my kids. We'll find a way to make his choice of career work afterwards.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
frankgreat: how old are these people you just mentioned now? when did they start making money and fame? can u compare them @ 28 with mikel? my guy you better go play ball
mikel is 26.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by diehard1: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nooooo angry
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Cashio(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
football and music are two deadly careers that favours jst a few and ruin many others....dnt do it cos others are doing it....let he dat has ear listen!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by vladimiros: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
see them say NOo, but most of them are unemployed..

if my Child says, Dad I wanna play Ball, Na club i go find am, train, I will be his agent, simple

why kill akids dream for a paycheck job he will come to loathe in the future?

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by diehard1: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
vladimiros: see them say NOo, but most of them are unemployed..

if my Child says, Dad I wanna play Ball, Na club i go find am, train, I will be his agent, simple

why kill a kids dream for a paycheck job he will come to loathe in the future?

My kid must be educated first after that he can choose a career . angry angry
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
Cashio: football and music are two deadly careers that favours jst a few and ruin many others....dnt do it cos others are doing it....let he dat has ear listen!!!!!!!
failure mentality.
Why not risk 4 a whale even if u ends up catching a shrimp.

People lik u re alwaz comfortable settling 4 d least
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
ighoosagie: even super bowl is not as interesting as d soccer little children plays in d street..

Soccer rules

Yeah yeah grin can't argue that with you cos I'm not gonna win... I have no clue about soccer

@football ... I love the money that's all. tongue

Hockey and BB are my games.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by trent9002(m): 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
If he/she's good at it, Why not?
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by AjanleKoko: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Why not.
Couldn't care less.
Sports and education go hand in hand these days, anyway. To play sports, even footie, you need to be in some kind of program or academy.

One just needs to guide them to take the right decisions, and even assist in actualizing them. For example, rather than let my child play some nondescript footie in the lower rungs of the Nigerian Premier league, I would utilize my resources to get them placed in a soccer academy outside Nigeria at a young age. Maybe even La Masia wink
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
Make Amadioha strike education if i refuse my child from being a professional footballer once such chance knocks. What is education esp. in a nation like nigeria? Schooling to Ph.D. level only to become Dangote truck driver? Da, from today, tutu mbong, na football i go choice for my kid(s)
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ha,If my son sabi football lyk messi,,en go manage get primary 6 certificate ni o.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
Emmadani: mikel is 26.

That's football age. Mikel is now 35/36 (P. Square age mate.)
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by luxs(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
u d think am
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by dokunbam(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
Fazhy: I think both can go together these days.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
As long as he has finished high school, and he has the skills, talent & passion for the game, I would encourage him to take the opportunity of playing pro-football. Some people have dreams of pursuing professions that require post-secondary education, others have dreams that do not require it. And once the opportunity presents itself, especially of playing a professional sport, why would you not take it? He can always to go school anytime should he decide to or even take courses on a part-time bases if he can handle both. If criminals can earn a degree while in jail, so can anyone. A lot of people who get drafted (whether it be in the MLS, NBA or NFL) work extremely hard to get to that point and of course, have the talent, so I wouldn't want to take the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity away from him ...especially after working so hard to get there.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Blackteeth(m): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
It depends on the kind of football. If it is "Monkey Post": NOO!!!
But if it is premier league: YES.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by teeawaii(f): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
Wld rather hav him do d 2,jst 2b on d safe side.Naija system isnt reliable at allĀ¤
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by kliq(m): 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
If he wants to? Yeah I'll let him go ahead dats afta high skool tho
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by Odunharry(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
Considering the fact that i love playing and watchng ftball. For a Male child Yes..infact na me go be him agent gan.

Female it a no no.
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by emmanok24(m): 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
For those saying Education first; if I may ask, does academic excellence secures a child financial future? Football all the way>>>>>>
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by onuwaje(m): 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Education is key!!.... If he wants soccer we can make out tym but education is fundamental
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
Make thunder fire education!!! angry
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by deols(f): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
The basic education of the ability to read, write and reason is what anyone needs.

The others are subject to your profession. At this jet age, whatever else info you need is right on your palms.

Football is some form of education too undecided
Re: Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? by juman(m): 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
Of course yes. Through football academy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Demonic Names Parents Should Stop Calling Their Children. / I Can't Believe It,but My Husband Is Having An Affair! / Good Women Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.