Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (740482 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ok eyin aunties with older girls naijababe, chaircover, edwife efe etc I need una help/ideas.

First of all I must be old but how can 4/5 yr olds be doing or having cliques?

So like some of you know my daughter had to change school from where she did nursery and as such is a newbie in her new school.She has been settling in quite well academically but socially I have noticed that she has been a bit withdrawn and less chatty.She tells me mummy 'so and so said she won't be my friend and they won't play with me' typical naija now I would tell you can't force people to play with you if they won't play with you play with someone else . She is a late born (september baby) so is actually one of the older ones in class.She is normally confident but even I noticed that in the mornings when I drop her off she is acting all warm and friendly wanting to give cuddles to some girls amd they kinda give her the cold shoulder. I can see how dejected she is sometimes and I try to give her a cuddle or something to cheer her up.I did not want to be oversensitive so I just put it down to kids being kids.Me and her dad try tolet her know that she is ok not playing with everyone and friends are there to make all the time.

Today was parent evening and even her teacher had noticed . She said my daughter is such a confident friendly child (she wanted to use the word over friendly) and she was trying to break into an 'established' friendship that they had to have circle time about friendship when issues arose.Sho issues for 4/5 yr olds .I told the teacher I told her you too don't play with them if they don't want to play with you.The teacher said she has tried to find a way to play with the girls individually but it seems harder for them to play with her as a group. She said girls can be quite cliquey and that she hopes with time my daughter would realise on her own that it's ok not to be everybody's friend.She said she is making some other friends and is quite a lovely child to have in class as she can be quite outspoken but seems to still want to be friends with the "group".

How can I build her confidence without necessarily making her lose that friendly edge? I do agree that she is over friendly and I have to even caution her with strangers when we are out.When she is not in church everyone is asking after her in childrens church and everyone says she is a people person.Even me sef she can smother me with care.'mummy are you ok daddy i love you' .But I won't lie I feel a bit hurt on her behalf when some kids feels she is coming on too strong (some children are reserved).My mum says if I say stop her trying to play with everyone I might kill that free spirit as that was me as a child.

But I don't want her to go through some let downs and put down that I had to battle as a peaceloving friendly calm person.Thank God for my Dad but really children can be cruel and I know I had to grow a tougher edge as I grew older.

Suggestions welcome.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Damiso i can tell you that you are not alone.I had the same problem with my kids.Both are very friendly and would do anything for friends,but i had to let them know that you don't need much friends,one is still ok.It was worse with my son,because sometimes he will refuse to go to school,and that was in reception.So i talked to his teacher and she really likes him,she found a way to keep him busy doing what he loves(building lego) and from there he made two friends,and that's was it with him.Today,he has quite a few but really with age he won't bother.

I grew up like that too,and today Dami i can count friends with my fingers.With my girl,i am still dealing with it,but she is getting better.I always reassure her that i am her best friend everyday and she has at least one friend she always play with.

I think you doing alright,just continue giving her hugs and reassuring her that you are her friend.Let her teacher finds something she loves doing during break time because,they always interact between them(kids) during lessons.

It is well Dami,don't beat yourself much,it is a phase she will be fine. smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
@ damiso, lol............i think it is mostly age and gender related. My daughter used to be the same way and she went to the same nursery from birth. I can't tell you the number of times I'd collect her only to be regaled with stories of who didn't play with her or share their toy. There was one time that I even found her crying, she and one Zimbabwean little girl who she is really good friends with had had a 'fall out' her words o and I was trying very hard not to laugh. Some of my friends who have daughters share similar stories. 'Nor be today our drama as women start' grin

My son on the other hand does not care hoot, he is happy to play all by himself if no one will play with him. I have never heard him complain about someone not playing with and he will be 5, as for my daughter! leave story o I still dey hear stories of who didn't share their toy and she is 7.

Just keep talking to her noni grin That's all i did o, she will outgrow or learn to manage her emotions better because I honestly do not think it will go away completely, abi no be us women again ? grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ha i am just leaving ibadan. I went there to do a couple of things and kuku stopped by to do my hair and branched at shop rite to buy xmas cloth for wura but I no see. About starting the car.

Logging off till further notice wink
edwife:

You see,you for wait friday to do your hair,you could have done this style.

Where you dey go sef? cheesy tongue

grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dami please try not to worry
My daughter was the opposite. Very reserved like Mum cool. People used to come to our house and be shocked at how humerous and talkative she was at home but very quiet outside.

She was also very fussy. Didnt eat this and didnt eat that. She was the type who would go to a party and refuse everything they offered her. Not even birthday cake. Sometimes she wouldnt even bother about party pack.

I use to worry that she will have issues in secondary school, which is a larger school and no teacher has time to hold anyones hand . .

. . then all of a sudden she woke up one morning and changed. The confidence just came from nowhere. We have a special program in church this weekend and my daughter told the sunday school teacher that she is not doing any singing in a group but she wants to preach a sermon to the whole church shocked shocked shocked shocked
I cant beleive the transformation, Its like a light bulb suddenly went on.
So keep on taking to her and keep on boosting her confidence. Its all being processed somewhere in her brain.

Girls are generally more dramatic cool grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Ha i am just leaving ibadan. I went there to do a couple of things and kuku stopped by to do my hair and branched at shop rite to buy xmas cloth for wura but I no see. About starting the car.

Logging off till further notice wink

Why are you travelling so late angry angry angry
Safe journey home

I will give you my account number to pay your omo onile fees
You cant just come to Ibadan without paying homage to the "son of the soil"
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks my peeps kiss :' kiss
Girls and drama
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
chaircover:

Safe journey home

I am sure you mean 'shon of the shoil'
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
naijababe:

I am sure you mean 'shon of the shoil'

grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 12:17am On Oct 24, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Good morning Efe.

Never knew you're still registered on this board shocked

Good morning to you too.

Sorry - you are? I don't recognize this user name o!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 12:41am On Oct 24, 2014
moca:

Hehehehee!!!
Yeye dey smell o cheesy
Edy, na true talk be this so?
I no blame u sha, when ihe eji buru nwoke a dirozi nma, wetin man pikin go do now? cheesy
Infact, i support u until he changes cheesy
(But dont mention my name on d day of quarrel, i will deny u o tongue cheesy)

Efe, how family?
Had a lovely weekend with family.

Lol! We're all good dear. You & yours?

I see you've been twinkle-twinkle-little-star-ing, Moca. grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2014
chaircover:

Safe journey home

CHISSSSSOOOOOSSSSS OOOOOOO

SO THIS IS HOW I MISSED MEETING CHAIRCOVER.OMADUNMI GANNNNNNN OOOOOOO cry cry cry cry cry

SHEBI THE OTHER TIME I GAVE YOU 10 MILLION TO GO AND BUY HOUSE IN BANANA ISLAND AND BE NEIGHBORS WITH RITA DOMINICS HUSBAND,YOU SAID YOU WANTED PAWNS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I HAD TO GET BACK AS OF THE TIME I DID BECAUSE THERE WAS NOBODY I KNEW IN IBADAN THAT I COULD PASS THE NIGHT WITH.ALL MY FRIENDS WHO STAY IN IBADAN HAVE RELOCATED TO DIFFERENT PLACES AND THE HOTELS I SAW AROUND THAT DUGBE AREA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABI WETIN UNA DEY CALL AM WAS SCARY.THE MEN IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL AND LOBBY THAT WERE THERE,THEIR EYES WERE JUST DOING FOKI FOKI lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 10:09am On Oct 24, 2014
Kulyie and her gists!

Abeg explain that last paragraph wella...but er, which kind yeye hotel you go look so? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:09am On Oct 24, 2014
damiso:
Thanks my peeps kiss :' kiss
Girls and drama
DONT MIND THAT YA DAUGHTERS CLASSMATES O JARE,THEY ARE JUST DOING INITIAL GRA GRA.YOU KNOW SMALL SMALL GIRLS LIKE DRAMA.THEY ARE KIDS JOOR,ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY BLEND.THEY JUST WAN SHOW THEMSELVES SMALL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
BUT ITS NATURAL FOR HER TO FEEL BAD THOUGH BUT WITH TIME,SHE WILL ADJUST cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Kulyie and her gists!

Abeg explain that last paragraph wella...but er, which kind yeye hotel you go look so? grin grin
I CANT EVEN REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE HOTEL BUT IN FRONT THERE WAS A SIGN BOARD SHOWING A YOUNG MODEL OF LETS SAY 19-21 YEARS WITH A BUM SHOT AND THEN SOME CHUKU CHUKU FLOWERS BY THE GATE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

AS I WANTED TO STEP IN TO FIND OUT WHETHER IT IS A HOTEL OR BROTHEL,I DONT EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 GOING BY THE KIND OF ENVIRONMENT IT LOOKED LIKE AND THE MEN THAT WERE LOITERING AOUND THERE,AS ONE ACCOSTED ME SAYING MADAM CAN I HELP YOU,I JUST SMILED WITH FEAR AND SAID NO THANK YOU,ACTUALLY I MISSED MY WAY,HE SAID WHERE AM I GOING,I SAID NEVER MIND,NA SO I VAMOOSE ENTER CAR STTTRRRRRRAAAAAIIIIIGGHHHHTTTT TO LAGOOOOSSSSS cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2014
AHEN EFEMENA,SORRY,I FORGOT TO ANSWER YA KWESHION.FOKI FOKI MEANS WHEN SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT YOU AGGRESSIVELY AND WILL NOT REMOVE HIS OR HER EYES cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2014
^^ grin grin grin

You sef were lucky on many counts:

~ Lucky your car didn't break down on the highway while travelling back so late to Lagos.

~ Lucky the crazy looking fellows didn't pounce on you.

Biko, don't be tempting fate this way my sister. Try planning your journeys well-well and always have backup plan B, C and even D if necessary...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ grin grin grin

You sef were lucky on many counts:

~ Lucky your car didn't break down on the highway while travelling back so late to Lagos.

~ Lucky the crazy looking fellows didn't pounce on you.

Biko, don't be tempting fate this way my sister. Try planning your journeys well-well and always have backup plan B, C and even D if necessary...
HIAAAANNN MY SISTER,HIAANNN THEY WERE JUST SMOKING AND DRINKING ANYHOW.THEIR EYES WERE RED AND REEKING WITH FRUSTRATION AND ANGER,SOME WERE GAMBLING THERE ON THE TABLE.I DIDNT EVEN PLAN STAYING THAT LATE,I DIDNT KNOW MY HAIR WILL TAKE THAT LONG BEFORE IT FINISHES cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

INFACT THANK GOD FOR JOURNEY MERCIES O,THE ROAD SEF CAN GIVE PERSIN MISCARRIAGE.NA SOSO BUMP BUMP EVERY WHERE FOR ROAD PLUS IT WAS RAINING.OMO THE DRAMA WEY MY EYE SEE FOR NIGHT DRIVING NO GET PART 2 grin

AS I NO SEE ROAD WELL,I ACCIDENTALLY RAN INTO SOME THREE MISCREANTS ON OKADA AROUND BERGER .NA SO THEY BLOCK ME AND STARTED SHOUTING ON THEIR MOTHER (NOT ME) THEY WERE DRRRRRUUUNNNNKKKKK AS HELL.I COULDNT EVEN LAUGH.I JUST FOLD ARM FOR CHEST DEY WATCH REALITY FILM.YOU WAN TRY DISPLAY grin grin grin

HOLD UP NKO? THANK GOD WURA NO FOLLOW ME GO BECAUSE I NO GO HEAR WORD FOR CAR WITH CRYING.NA 10PM I REACH HOUSE.I NO EVEN BOTHER TO CHOP,I JUST GOT TO THE HOUSE AND ASKED WHETHER NANY HAS GIVEN WURA FOOD AND HOW SHE FARED GENERALLY BEFORE GOING TO BED

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2014
SAMBARRY:
HIAAAANNN MY SISTER,HIAANNN THEY WERE JUST SMOKING AND DRINKING ANYHOW.THEIR EYES WERE RED AND REEKING WITH FRUSTRATION AND ANGER,SOME WERE GAMBLING THERE ON THE TABLE.I DIDNT EVEN PLAN STAYING THAT LATE,I DIDNT KNOW MY HAIR WILL TAKE THAT LONG BEFORE IT FINISHES cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

INFACT THANK GOD FOR JOURNEY MERCIES O,THE ROAD SEF CAN GIVE PERSIN MISCARRIAGE.NA SOSO BUMP BUMP EVERY WHERE FOR ROAD PLUS IT WAS RAINING.OMO THE DRAMA WEY MY EYE SEE FOR NIGHT DRIVING NO GET PART 2 grin

AS I NO SEE ROAD WELL,I ACCIDENTALLY RAN INTO SOME THREE MISCREANTS ON OKADA AROUND BERGER .NA SO THEY BLOCK ME AND STARTED SHOUTING ON THEIR MOTHER (NOT ME) THEY WERE DRRRRRUUUNNNNKKKKK AS HELL. I COULDNT EVEN LAUGH.I JUST FOLD ARM FOR CHEST DEY WATCH REALITY FILM.YOU WAN TRY DISPLAY grin grin grin

HOLD UP NKO? THANK GOD WURA NO FOLLOW ME GO BECAUSE I NO GO HEAR WORD FOR CAR WITH CRYING.NA 10PM I REACH HOUSE.I NO EVEN BOTHER TO CHOP,I JUST GOT TO THE HOUSE AND ASKED WHETHER NANY HAS GIVEN WURA FOOD AND HOW SHE FARED GENERALLY BEFORE GOING TO BED

Did you travel alone? sad sad
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Did you travel alone? sad sad
YES NA.YOU NOR HEAR MY JIST SINCE smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by wonlasewonimi: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2014
^^^^why are you shouting like a conductor in Dugbe?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2014
wonlasewonimi:
^^^^why are you shouting like a conductor in Dugbe?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WELL I AM NOT.BY THE WAY I LIKE THIS YA USER NAME "WONLASEWONIMI" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ITS CUTE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by wonlasewonimi: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2014
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WELL I AM NOT.BY THE WAY I LIKE THIS YA USER NAME "WONLASEWONIMI" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ITS CUTE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be only you like am wink wink...all my opekes been dey jisoro am. Abeg press the capslock key on your keyboard kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 11:05am On Oct 24, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

No be only you like am wink wink...all my opekes been dey jisoro am. Abeg press the capslock key on your keyboard kiss
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SO YOU ARE EVEN A MAN AND YOU ARE CALLING YOURSELF ASEWO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SMH.WONDERS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2014
^^ I learnt a long time ago that Kulyie's first generation phone has only got CAPS LOCK... cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 11:07am On Oct 24, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ I learnt a long time ago that Kulyie's first generation phone has only got CAPS LOCK... cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by taryour(f): 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
Eeeeewoo. This thread na long thing oo,where I wan start from sef? Make I just dust my slippers and run comot.

Run back in...
RR,lyndaroyce,edwife,aunty cc,idowuogbo,belong,BB,greatgod,ypp,damiso,nijababe,EfemenaXY,beevan,,shoefreak,r231,moca,cocoacandy,tunapa,cogar,pickabaeu1. E.t.c.

I salute all of una o. How you all doing? Family,work and businesses? And to the newbies in the house,greetings to you all.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
Naija babe oooo. Scandal has finished me.

Somebody save jake
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Stillfire: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
jennykadry:

Somebody save jake

So Jenny you watch scandal?
So is Fitz giving Jake uppercuts because of the death of his son or because of Olivia? *evil grin*
I like how Jake was taunting him though and the flashbacks to the island woohoo... made for good tv. grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
jennykadry:

Somebody save jake

Maka gini?! Make I run go home go watch am. I am going on strike this evening, make pikins and hubby find their levels grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
SAMBARRY:
DONT MIND THAT YA DAUGHTERS CLASSMATES O JARE,THEY ARE JUST DOING INITIAL GRA GRA.YOU KNOW SMALL SMALL GIRLS LIKE DRAMA.THEY ARE KIDS JOOR,ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY BLEND.THEY JUST WAN SHOW THEMSELVES SMALL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
BUT ITS NATURAL FOR HER TO FEEL BAD THOUGH BUT WITH TIME,SHE WILL ADJUST cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks aunty kuly kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.