Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,251 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' (1465 Views)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / 2015: Nigerian Senators & Reps. Members With 3rd, 4th, 5th Term Tickets / Obasanjo Wanted Third Term, Says Segun Osoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' by baynix(m): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2013
Among his peers in the Lagos State Caucus of the House of Representatives, he is called ‘Four Star General’ in reference to his status as a fourth term member of the House.

Since the inception of the present democratic system in thecountry, Honourable Monsuru Alao Owolabi, has been a member of the House of Representatives.

In 1999, he was elected on the platform of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) to represent Lagos Island Federal Constituency 1, a feat he repeated in 2003 on the platform of the same party.

In 2007, Owolabi was back again representing the same Federal Constituency but this time on the platform of the Action Congress (AC) while in 2011, the Rep member was back in the House but this time representing Lagos Mainland Federal Constituency on the platform of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

This is why he is called ‘Four Star General’ by his colleagues and now he has not hidden his intention to come back to the House in 2015, saying that this time around, he wants to become a ‘Field Marshall’.

Owolabi is not a young politician neither is he the most brilliant Rep among his colleagues: he is over 70 years of age and investigation by thegazellenews.com has shown that he lagged behind in legislative activities in the House and if there is a rating of performance for him and his colleagues from Lagos in the House, Owolabi may probably ranked the least performer legislatively.

But the man has a very deep pocket and certainly does not shy away from contributing heavy financially into the activities and programmes of the party.

“He’s perhaps the only Rep member who can dole out N100million without batting an eyelid and he is very generous,” one of his colleague in the House told thegazellenews.com.

Indeed, his nickname is an apt description of his generosity. He is popularly called, ‘Alao Se’niyan’ meaning ‘Alao is a good man’.

Theg azellenews.com learnt exclusively that even before theregistration of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Owolabihas committed huge sums of money to printing posters, handbills, souvenirs and other items to be distributed whenthe party is officially inaugurated.

“He has printed hundreds of thousands posters, handbills as well as produced souvenirs on his own even before the party was registered, he’s a complete party man,” another Rep member told thegazellenews.com.

Among his peers, Owolabi is not hidden his intention to come back to the House. Whenever anyone of them asked him his plans for 2015, he has a ready made answer.

“As a Muslim, I pray five times daily, presently I’m observing Maghrib (the fourth of the Muslims’ five time daily prayers), definitely I will observe ‘Ishai (the fifth prayer),” he always answered those who bother to ask him.

With the way he is spending on the party even before the party was formally registered, don’t bet against the ‘Four Star General’ becoming a Field Marshall’

Source: TheGazelleNews
Re: Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' by baynix(m): 11:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Even in the US they have those in power for more than 20years but the cerebral input and output is 2nd to none.
Re: Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' by yunglykmine(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nigeria politicians and the sit-tight Syndrome..
Over 70yrs, lagged behind in legislative activities, people like this man caused the problems we face today. Why won't he sit at home and enjoy his old age while giving Brighter heads opportunity to legislate.
Re: Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' by legendprac(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
When votes don't count.......

(1) (Reply)

OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. / Quit Now, PDP Tells Nigerians In APC / My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.