Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,256 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver (1469 Views)

My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver / Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military / Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Butal end of the road for Segun. Live by the Gun die by the Gun. Comical how he believed he would continue robbing, killing and maiming people without being arrested and brought to justice.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/features/item/15339-my-arrest-is-like-a-dream-says-armed-robber-who-killed-akala-s-driver

My arrest is like a dream, says armed robber who killed Akala’s driver

07.Sep.2014

SEGUN George, the notorious armed robber who snatched N500,000 from the driver of the wife of former governor of Oyo State, Mrs Oluwakemi Alao-Akala and killed him after trailing him from a bank, made startling revelations after his arrest on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, as he confessed to have belonged to a cult group while he was a student of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, and started handling guns as a cultist.

George also said he never believed that he could be arrested as he was very careful in evading the police, describing the way he was arrested by Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ibadan, as a dream that he would like to wake up from. George was described as a notorious armed robber who was using motorcycle to terrorise Ibadan by moving about the city to snatch vehicles and rob bank customers.

In an operation that led to his eventual arrest, George’s gang had trailed one Mr Oshodi to his house on July 11, 2014 at Challenge area of Ibadan and forcefully robbed him of his Hyundai Elantra car valued at N3.5 million, but two of the armed robbers, David Ida and Fatai Olowookere, were intercepted by policemen from Kwara State Command same day and were arrested with the car.

Crime Reports learnt that after the case was transferred to Ibadan, detectives from SARS, led by the Officer-in-Charge, Superintendent of Police Michael Eneji, acted on the confession of the arrested duo and went after other members of the gang. Their efforts paid off when they went to Inalende and Opoyeosa areas of Ibadan and arrested Kolawole Lasisi and Sikiru Olayiwola were arrested on July 30.

Olayiwola led the police to George’s house at Ile-Aperin, Aremo area, Ibadan on August 7 but on sighting the police, the notorious armed robber scaled a fence, jumped on the roof of another building and shot his way out. However, other two suspects, namely Babatunde Oyelakun and Adebayo Kehinde were arrested while George’s armoury was discovered. Two locally-made double-barrel cut-to-size guns, three locally-made single barrel cut-to size guns and two rounds of live cartridges were recovered from the gang leader’s house.

It was further gathered that after George’s escape, he went to Ile-Ife in Osun State but sneaked into Ibadan, unknown to him that the SARS operatives were still on his trail. He was eventually arrested with another gang member, Nurudeen Sodiq (22) on August 26 at about 8.30 p.m. when he went to pick his girlfriend from her shop at Aremo area of the city.

Arresting George on that day was not an easy task as he reportedly drew his Beretta pistol tucked into his knickers and engaged the SARS operatives in gun duel when he sighted them, after they had laid ambush for him for hours. But he and his partner were halted in their tracks as hot lead was pumped into their legs. Though they were rushed to hospital to save their lives, the two suspects later died as a result of the injuries they sustained.

George was a man dreaded by his gang members as they shiver at the mention of his name, even in the cell at SARS unit. But before his death, George opened up to the police on the reason beside his choice of profession, saying that he engaged in crime because his parents were poor and he saw people living ostentatious lives. He confessed that one Abraham initiated him into cultism at The Polytechnic, Ibadan, from which he graduated into armed robbery. He also said he had gangs in Ile-Ife and Onitsha in Anambra State.

When asked whether he depended on charms to carry out successful robbery operations, George was quoted to have said: “It is not like that, you will not understand,” adding that “I have now asked God to forgive me. I will not ask anyone to toe my path.”
Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2014

They have already woken him up from his dream with some deadly blows to his face grin

3 Likes

Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by Gbawe: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
J12:

They have already woken him up from his dream with some deadly blows to his face grin

grin grin grin These cultist boys sef and their yeye 'charms'. I thought the policeman's fist is meant to turn into foam before it connects with his face grin grin
Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by redsun(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Extra judicial killing .Yeye justice system. Just because he was an warmed robber form a poor background does not mean he didn't have the right for court hearing.
Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by Gbawe: 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
redsun: Extra judicial killing .Yeye justice system. Just because he was an warmed robber form a poor background does not mean he didn't have the right for court hearing.

How do you conclude this? He pulled his gun and engaged security operatives in a shoot-out. If they really wanted to execute him then it does not make sense they complicate the situation by rushing him to hospital. It seems as if the Police events of things may be correct because we all know that the men of the Nigerian police, if they want to, will simply shoot you dead and concoct a story.

Arresting George on that day was not an easy task as he reportedly drew his Beretta pistol tucked into his knickers and engaged the SARS operatives in gun duel when he sighted them, after they had laid ambush for him for hours. But he and his partner were halted in their tracks as hot lead was pumped into their legs. Though they were rushed to hospital to save their lives, the two suspects later died as a result of the injuries they sustained.

1 Like

Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by redsun(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Gbawe:

How do you conclude this? He pulled his gun and engaged security operatives in a shoot-out. If they really wanted to execute him then it does not make sense they complicate the situation by rushing him to hospital. It seems as if the Police events of things may be correct because we all know that the men of the Nigerian police, if they want to, will simply shoot you dead and concoct a story.

Pulled his gun?Can't you see that picture was taken in a police dungeon? And he didn't look like he was dying,that even though he looked tortured and brutalized,he could have survived?
Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by mkoabiola: 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
No armrobber lives forever
Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by Gbawe: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
redsun:

Pulled his gun?[b]Can't you see that picture was taken in a police dungeon? And he didn't look like he was dying,[/b]even though he looked tortured and brutalized,he could have survived .

Well, I don't know what a police dungeon in Nigeria looks like and I don't think there is a definitive way a person looks like when bleeding from gunshot wounds to his legs. Anyway, its is the Nigerian Police force we are talking of and you may be right with your conclusion. The Country definitely needs serious reform of the entire justice system. Many Police officers believe in routine summary execution because they argue that a corrupt system will allow some of these killers back on the Street to kill and maim more innocent Nigerians. Tragic situation overall.
Re: My Arrest Is Like A Dream, Says Armed Robber Who Killed Akala’s Driver by atlwireles: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
The same Nigerian police has performed so excellently in states across southern Nigeria, where the political leadership in those states partnered with them not work against them. The aggressive assault by the police against violent crime in the south is very commendable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 7 Richest Terrorist Groups In The World Today / Prof. Tam David West's Position On 2015 Presidential Election. / 2015 Election: Buhari Leads Jonathan In Poll Organized By Presidential Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.