Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction (18499 Views)

Seven Governors Shun PDP Governors’ Forum Meeting In Bayelsa / NTA Refuses Reporting Atiku, Seven Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku, Baraje, Others Form New Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by unwanaabasi(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ohya let d Atiku faction of PDP host their convention na lemme c
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by MacLovington(m): 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these are happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business and Yar Adua rigged the only major election (Ekiti re-run) he supervised in favour of PDP, GEJ has allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the political control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats between 2010 and now. But what does GEJ get in return, its attacks, attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.

You know all those born to rule people cannot control themselves. After some 49 years rule by those who think they own the country, see where we're today. They want to continue for another 49 years awarding oil blocks to themselve and looting "our commonwealth" derived from the backyard of the " fishermen second class citizens". They should please do us a favour and split the country (just spliting PDP is not enough) so that minorities can have their own country where they will not be second class citizens.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by karlmax2: 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
PHIPEX: The plan A strategy of using Boko haram to bomb the north has failed now these northern oligarchy have switched over to plan B which is to "Bomb" PDP. Atiku was not happy with Obj and he left for ACN in 2007, what stops him from leaving for APC if he is not happy with GEJ?

I can now see why GEJ through Peter Obi had to sacrifice Soludo who is seen as Atiku's ally.
u know ur politics... atiku left pdp with some governors in 2007 to become the presidential candidate in acn he formed with tinubu..he lost woefully...he contested the pdp primary with gej he lost woefully.... he has lost relevance in pdp...the govetnors that left apart from amechi supported buhari and campaigned for him..infact the present kano state gov has buhari in his poster in 2011 so it changes nothing..

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by bokohalal(m): 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
nuclearboy:

What if Amaechi, on the other hand, is the pivotal hand of this clock?

Pitch him as Presidential candidate against Jonathan! He is trusted to keep his word by the north who are master negotiators and who he will hand over to (and who believe BH is a jonathan/Ijaw ruse to destroy the north), will allow SS to finish its 8 years, will turn Ikwerres, Urhobos, and everyone who isn't Ijaw (including many Igbos) against Jonathan, would likely even be supported by APC if the chips are down and he is a perfomer!

As it is, most of them sincerely believe Jonathan wants to end Nigeria violently but with an Amaechi, the Ijaws who are arming themselves will suddenly find themselves facing a SOE to disarm them! Note also the man has ALWAYS been against the idea of paying militants 65,000 whist graduates roam the street! Most important though is the "he is a man of his word" idea - it rankles many that GEJ nows asks for where he signed to a single term! So rather than him or "war", Amaechi!

We'll see, soon enough, where its all going to!

Is this true? I had a telephone conversation with someone in Nigeria about a month ago who claimed that Jonathan Goodluck is arming Ijaws to breakaway from Nigeria.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Eledan: 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
bokohalal:

Is this true? I had a telephone conversation with someone in Nigeria about a month ago who claimed that Jonathan Goodluck is arming Ijaws to breakaway from Nigeria.

It's an open secret that the so called crude oil stealing currently at the highest level is meant to provide financial abilities to procure arms....

3 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by theoctopus: 12:02am On Sep 01, 2013
bokohalal:

Anybody can claim anything. It is a free world. lol

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by MacLovington(m): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2013
aletheia: Politics, it is said, makes strange bedfellows, but even the strangeness of the principals in this PDP 'faction' must give one pause. Consider the seven governors involved:

Sokoto - NW,
Kano - NW,
Rivers - SS,
Adamawa - NE,
Niger - NC,
Jigawa - NW,
Kwara - NC

Rotimi Amaechi sticks out like a sore thumb...and so the question must be asked: what is he doing among such strange bed-fellows. My interactions with people from Rivers state lead me to believe that public opinion in his home state is not in support of his moves. Amaechi is an intelligent fellow who no doubt has his finger on his people's pulse. Why would he want to alienate them and isolate himself unless of course there is another plot at play?

Here is my thesis:

1. I doubt if the governors would have been bold enough to break away in such spectacular fashion without believing that Amaechi belonged to their camp, because they would probably reason that having Amaechi on their side would weaken the President's support base and thereby strengthen their faction.

2. While they might try to spin it as a bold move on their part; the reality is that they have been isolated and forced out of the PDP fold proper.

3. I believe Rotimi Amaechi is in cahoots with the President and has acted as the "Judas goat" to force the enemies and traitors within to reveal themselves publicly and leave the party.

4. In the next few weeks, we should expect a spectacular reconciliation between the President & Rotimi Amaechi which will leave these governors and Atiku hanging high and dry. I expect Atiku should have learned something from how his protege Soludo was manipulated into losing the gubernatorial nomination.

We will see how events play out. But we should always remember that in the shadowy world of politics, nothing is ever as it seems and we should stop taking things at face value.

While Amaechi may consider himself smart, smarter Southerners like Zik, Okotie-Eboh, Abiola and many others have been manipulated by the politically savvy Northerners (who until recently were perceived as backward) against southern interests.
They only want to use Amaechi as a tool against GEJ. That Amaechi would readily play the Judas's role is puzzling. He's seriously negating SS/SE interests because an Ikwerre (Igbo when convenient) cosying up to those manipulative Northerners is not good for Igbo 2019 presidential ambitions.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by TechyGuy: 12:35am On Sep 01, 2013
How many times will Atiku leave PDP?
And to think that "progressives" will team up with him and the opposition bandwagoners here are singing their praise speaks volume.
Has Atiku changed from the thief he used to be?
APC fellows, pray, tell.

And by the way, why have they not moved to APC?
Do you take over a party by holding a conference and declaring "take over"?

It's just too ridiculous. I thought Amaechi and co were smart.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by BabaOyee: 12:37am On Sep 01, 2013
Nigeria's politics is grossly unpredictable. Very soon you will begin to see betrayals when money change hands.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 01, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Good riddance too bad rubbish.
D question now is do GEJ need this prodigals to triumph in 2015?No is my answer.
What GEJ need is 'we' that voted him b4 and that shall vote him again.
GEJ all d way.
In GEJ word, no shaking.
GERROUT....NIGERIANS DON GET SENSE!!
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by TechyGuy: 12:50am On Sep 01, 2013
omoteamac: GERROUT....NIGERIANS DON GET SENSE!!

And will vote GEJ again with Landslide, you didn't know that?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:53am On Sep 01, 2013
Fresh air all the way
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:00am On Sep 01, 2013
TechyGuy: How many times will Atiku leave PDP?
And to think that "progressives" will team up with him and the opposition bandwagoners here are singing their praise speaks volume.
Has Atiku changed from the thief he used to be?
APC fellows, pray, tell.

And by the way, why have they not moved to APC?
Do you take over a party by holding a conference and declaring "take over"?

It's just too ridiculous. I thought Amaechi and co were smart.
you are a wise man
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:02am On Sep 01, 2013
we will vote Gej again get it into your thick skul
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by obadaye: 1:19am On Sep 01, 2013
ochejoseph: To be fair to Jonathan and PDP they have tolerated this guys long enough, no one is bigger than the Party, I don't expect such rascally behaviour from my former lecturer Prof Kaoje its Sad
Its a final Nail to their coffins, with or without them Jonathan will still win ,they have just donated their state chapters to Tukur On a platter of Gold.
Once the power sector reforms bear fruits its a done deal
This 7 governors will Never try this Rubbish if Yaradua was president and. They know it

Fresh Air 2015 - its Done
wake up from ur slumber.wen will d power sector improve?does that gaurantee gej wining in 2015.a president that cannot control his subordinates,cant u c dat this man has no qualities to take us to d promiseland?it is obvious!
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ignis: 1:24am On Sep 01, 2013
Nigeria will be good.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by oadah(m): 1:30am On Sep 01, 2013
theoctopus: you just made the most intelligent statement here, I hope others read this too.

Most of you either make analysis ignorantly because you are in diaspora or because you just have to fall in line with the opposition agenda. PDP cannot split. If some governors walk out, they simply walk out and they have every right to. But PDP cannot split. You only delude yourself when you say that. Atiku is a completely irrelevant person in PDP. Amaechi is completely inconsequential in the Niger Delta. He cannot pinch GEJ one bit. The real key to 2015 is the middle belt and the south east and for now, they are solidly behind GEJ. Have you ever seen David Mark fighting GEJ? The day David Mark and GEJ fight and go their ways is the only day I will know GEJ has a real problem. For now, its all smokes and shadows
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by icedee1: 1:43am On Sep 01, 2013
I believe Sincere 9gerian and ochejoseph are one of those bloggers who are currently hired,paid and housed in abuja to blog in favour of GEJ and his Pdp cohorts,so he will definitely use his last breath to say everything blindly to jusitify is oga @ d top,God help us
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Truckpusher(m): 2:01am On Sep 01, 2013
berem: LWKMD! what goes around comes around. grin

16 was greater than 19

5 became greater than 27

7 will definitely be greater than 16

grin
And so will the mace be freely used in knacking akpako too grin
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by iconaus: 2:21am On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these are happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business and Yar Adua rigged the only major election (Ekiti re-run) he supervised in favour of PDP, GEJ has allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the political control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats between 2010 and now. But what does GEJ get in return, its attacks, attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.

another sensible comments . we re un fair . all these is because GEJ root and his inclination to S/East. We cant continue to allow Hausa/yoruba domination of political terrain of the country without allowing other tribes to partake in the leadership of this country . Make no mistake if this continues ; it is recipe for Niger delta break away . Gej should be allowed to govern as OBj , Yaradua and other northern leaders of Northern extraction.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by iconaus: 2:24am On Sep 01, 2013
[quote author=oadah][/quote]

another good government
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by chaplin4u: 3:40am On Sep 01, 2013
No sensible Governor will cross the carpet to another party knowing fully well its digging their own graves. It's a known truth that its the party that wins an election in Nigeria not an individual (Supreme Court ruling that ushered in Rotimi Ameche as Governor of Rivers State) therefore all the theatres about forming a new PDP is a ruse. The bold move would have been to decamping which they cannot do else PDP would have ensured their offices are declared vacant within a month by the courts. Long live Nigeria.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by fasbat(m): 3:47am On Sep 01, 2013
ochejoseph: To be fair to Jonathan and PDP they have tolerated this guys long enough, no one is bigger than the Party, I don't expect such rascally behaviour from my former lecturer Prof Kaoje its Sad
Its a final Nail to their coffins, with or without them Jonathan will still win ,they have just donated their state chapters to Tukur On a platter of Gold.
Once the power sector reforms bear fruits its a done deal
This 7 governors will Never try this Rubbish if Yaradua was president and. They know it

Fresh Air 2015 - its Done
try and re-read ur post and u will realise how ur dream of mr jonathan's 2nd term goes up in flame! 7 PDP govs broke away frm d main body and u cant start to weep! im just happy dt PDP got d medicine they do give to other parties in d past...endure ds,Jonathan must destoy PDP but NIG? I AM DAMNED AFRAID!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by kings2all: 4:18am On Sep 01, 2013
[size=24pt]This power tussle is getting hot every day by day. We will all fold our hands to see the end.[/size]
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 01, 2013
theoctopus:

The south west has at least 40% non Yorubas. Lagos has more than 60% non Yorubas. Even among the Yorubas, APC only has at most 70% votes. Ondo is not APC. So your analysis is funny. GEJ will still win most of the south west come 2015 easily

you people like to pull statistics out of your Anus. how can the southwest be 40% non Yoruba? Where did you get this information?
are you saying The whole of southwest relatively has more settlers than indigenes?
Because u lived in Lagos and counted the agberos that are not yorubas, does that means lagos is 60% non-yoruba?
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by wengerjay(m): 5:03am On Sep 01, 2013
THINGS FALL APPART,THE CENTER CANNOT HOLD.MERE ANARCHY IS LOOSED UPON PDP.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ojeffo: 6:06am On Sep 01, 2013
atlwireles:

I truly don't see anything bad in this spilt. PDP had to make this break, for the party and country to move forward. Is finally done, let's deliver for the voters and allow them make their own personally assessments come 2015.
Jeeeeeez what manner of English do u guys vomit on Nairaland?..makes me wanna throw up
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Remii(m): 6:13am On Sep 01, 2013
berem: LWKMD! what goes around comes around. grin

16 was greater than 19

5 became greater than 27

7 will definitely be greater than 16

grin

Yes oo, per PinDiPi calculations.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by tijehi(f): 6:44am On Sep 01, 2013
Rotimi Ameachi wao, I can't bliv u did this. I really and truly pity u.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by rozayx5(m): 6:46am On Sep 01, 2013
All i see here is people taking medicine over another man headache

Come 2015, PDP will still beat APC hands downs and the court cases will follow for a year and be striked out undecided

while you argue here, they wine and dine in Aso Rock, have you eaten
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2013
for where? let them get money, things will change. No bi naija?
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Evyuc(m): 7:09am On Sep 01, 2013
seanet02: . Keep hallucinating. By the way, your post reeks of ignorance and did not show any trace that you are a graduate as you claim?
Are you another tony nwoye?
he is not a graduate but u are-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Ransom Paid For The Release Of Dapchi Schoolgirls – FG / Obasanjo Vs Buhari: You Lack Respect – PDP Blasts Tinubu / Faulty Aircraft: Tinubu Should Travel By Road Or Use Commercial Flight - Ali Isa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.