Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction (18489 Views)

Seven Governors Shun PDP Governors’ Forum Meeting In Bayelsa / NTA Refuses Reporting Atiku, Seven Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku, Baraje, Others Form New Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by RoblesOg(m): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nigeria's salvation is here finally

Nigeria’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party has finally officially split into at least two factions.

A new faction, consisting of seven of the party’s 23 governors has announced that it has taken over the party.
At a press briefing in Abuja, Bala Kaoje, a former sports minister, was announced as the leader of the new faction of the party.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143906-pdp-splits-seven-governors-oyinlola-atiku-members-of-new-faction.html

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
We dey laf o!

I have told you all about impending death of PDP in 2014. There will be two PDP Presidential candidates nominated for 2015 election. Grab your popcorn and wait for drama that lies ahead........

https://www.nairaland.com/1398776/developing-pdp-dead-burial-arrangement

9 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
LWKMD! what goes around comes around. grin

16 was greater than 19

5 became greater than 27

7 will definitely be greater than 16

grin

36 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ochejoseph(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
To be fair to Jonathan and PDP they have tolerated this guys long enough, no one is bigger than the Party, I don't expect such rascally behaviour from my former lecturer Prof Kaoje its Sad
Its a final Nail to their coffins, with or without them Jonathan will still win ,they have just donated their state chapters to Tukur On a platter of Gold.
Once the power sector reforms bear fruits its a done deal
This 7 governors will Never try this Rubbish if Yaradua was president and. They know it

Fresh Air 2015 - its Done

18 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these are happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business and Yar Adua rigged the only major election (Ekiti re-run) he supervised in favour of PDP, GEJ has allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the political control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats between 2010 and now. But what does GEJ get in return, its attacks, attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.

82 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
ochejoseph: To be fair to Jonathan and Pdp they have tolorated this guys long enough no one is pigger than the Party, I don't expect such rascally behaviour from my former lecturer Prof Kaoje its Sad
. Keep hallucinating. By the way, your post reeks of ignorance and did not show any trace that you are a graduate as you claim?
Are you another tony nwoye?

9 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business, GEJ allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the politicals control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats. But what does GEJ get in return, its more attacks and more attacks. very unfortunate indeed.
. Stop playing the ethnic card

95 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
All this one na just initial gragra.All it takes is just to get INEC to continue to recognise bamagar tukur as chairman and everything else will pale into insignificance.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Eledan: 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
The prognosis aren't looking bright for PDP and GEJ..

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by RoblesOg(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business, GEJ allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the politicals control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats. But what does GEJ get in return, its more attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.

This more than an ethnic stuff. Can't you ever open your minds?

33 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
chukwudi44: All this one na just initial gragra.All it takes is just to get INEC to continue to recognise bamagar tukur as chairman and everything else will pale into insignificance.

Bamaga will keep his job as chairman. Atiku and co will move over into the PDM. The bad news for PDP today is Kwara state. The worst news is for Saraki, because, he just punched his own jail card.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: . Stop playing the ethnic card
Who's playing ethnic card? I cannot shy away from the TRUTH. Is it just a coincidence that six of the seven governors forming the so called PDP faction are from the north?

15 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Who's playing ethnic card? I cannot shy away from the TRUTH. Is it just a coincidence that six of the seven governors forming the so called PDP faction are from the north?

I truly don't see anything bad in this spilt. PDP had to make this break, for the party and country to move forward. Is finally done, let's deliver for the voters and allow them make their own personally assessments come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by SenatorJames(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
Does that means issue of multiple faction producing multiple flag bearer has risen to national level in PDP? I'm waiting to hear the date of their own convention

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

I truly don't see anything bad in this spilt. PDP had to make this break, for the party and country to move forward. Is finally done, let's deliver for the voters and allow them make their own personally assessments come 2015.
Its an unnecessary distraction. You add that to Boko Haram and other national challenges and you'll realise that the president has his plate full. I would have even preferred if they had broken away to form another party and allow the PDP to re-build in those states. But now, the seven governors are simply sitting on the fence

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
. It is typical of people as desperate and untruthful like you to play the ethnic card. Just don't try to look towards south west for any vote. Come 2015, it is operation sweep out pindeepee from the nooks and cranies of Southwest. PDP IS DEAD AND BURIED.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What truth are you talking about? If some governors are not comfortable with the party, they are free to move away! why are you whining sef? was it not the same PDP members who formed a faction of Governors forum when they lost to Amaechi's faction? why didn't you use ethnic sentiments to talk about that one? you absolutely saw nothing wrong with that.you're just a hypocrite!!

39 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Its an unnecessary distraction. You add that to Boko Haram and other national challenges and you'll realise that the president has his plate full. I would have even preferred if they had broken away to form another party and allow the PDP to re-build in those states. But now, the seven governors are simply sitting on the fence
The thing dey pain you. You will soon understand better.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: What truth are you talking about? If some governors are not comfortable with the party, they are free to move away! why are you whining sef? was it not the same PDP members who formed a faction of Governors forum when they lost to Amaechi's faction? why didn't you use ethnic sentiments to talk about that one? you're just a hypocrite!!
you called . Dr ifeanyi an hypocrite? That is not fair.
Have you forgotten that you are talking to a trado-medical doctor?

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by takeprofit: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2013

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business, GEJ allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the politicals control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats. But what does GEJ get in return, its more attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.

that makes me wonder if Machiavelli is right in his teachings about power
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

you are obviously a learner.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: you called . Dr ifeanyi an hypocrite? That is not fair.
Have you forgotten that you are talking to a trado-medical doctor?
Trado medical doctor indeed! His hypocrisy stinks abeg! angry
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: . It is typical of people as desperate and untruthful like you to play the ethnic card. Just don't try to look towards south west for any vote. Come 2015, it is operation sweep out pindeepee from the nooks and cranies of Southwest. PDP IS DEAD AND BURIED.

If what is going on today is not the politics of the ethnic card, I wonder what, we should call it. Maybe,this just the precursor to our 2015 split. The country is now pretty split alone ethnic lines.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: you are obviously a learner.

I know, you are the most sophisticated and most intelligent breeds in Nigeria. I will gladly remain a learner.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by musiwa1h: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
[size=28pt]I watch it live on television, I did not see anybody walk out.. It is just that nobody show up. they are just trying to cover up their disgrace and truth that nobody came. because people are feed up with old wine in new bottle, people of nigeria say break up their country, you people refuse. When people of nigeria bomb 400 location, even the blind can see that the donkey of damascus have spoken. Elijah

Musiwa is the real voice of democracy. nigeria politician are not the voice of democracy, they are the same the same, Old wine taste the same

Follow me on http://WesternNiger.com

[/size]

see picture.. does that not tell you that I am the voice of democracy. I am the voice of Change.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-HvHqiEdSDIk/T1aCTamKrNI/AAAAAAAAAAs/mD4eteogCxM/s400/naija.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: . It is typical of people as desperate and untruthful like you to play the ethnic card. Just don't try to look towards south west for any vote. Come 2015, it is operation sweep out pindeepee from the nooks and cranies of Southwest. PDP IS DEAD AND BURIED.
You and your cohorts have been playing the ethnic card right from day one. I'm only telling it to your face.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Kingspin(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Is not about ethnicity but fairly equate, justice, equal and sense of belonging in Nigeria..is about peace at the centre of this country, and if zoning the seat shall appeal our politicians and bring unity among all zones why not? I must say they are dividing us the more, belive me these 6 govenors dnt have the interest of Nigeria as heart but want to rule us till they're tired..we need a change in this country.And National conference is löng overdue. We must discus about this country together, if not no way..The presidential seat is intoxicating some people rather than peace, unity and progress.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by taharqa: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
What is it if not a clear disdain of a Minority by a 'Na we get Nigeria' section of a country. Is it a coincidence that 6 of d States above are from d North?? The same region that hv bn giving d President all kind of distractions even b4 he was voted in? Or are you telling me they are doing it for altruitic reasons? ..... That, and of course d Personal Interests of d Personae Dramatis (Atiku, Kwankwaso, Babangida, Lamido, Saraki, et al), who all desperately want to be President

5 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
musiwa1h: [size=38pt]I watch it live on television, I did not see anybody walk out.. It is just that nobody show up. they are just trying to cover up the truth that nobody came. because people are feed up with old wine in new bottle [/size]
Musiwa ,do you think think if they walked out, it would be showed on TV? whether they showed up and left or they didn't come at all, 7 must be greater than 16. grin

5 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
taharqa: What is it if not a clear disdain of a Minority by a 'Na we get Nigeria' section of a country. Is it a coincidence that 6 of d States above are from d North?? The same region that hv bn giving d President all kind of distractions even b4 he was voted in? Or are you telling me they are doing it for altruitic reasons?
. Ojo igbe yin oti de. Eduro di 2015

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by taharqa: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
By d way, one of d best things that wud happen to this country's democracy and to GEJ himself just happened. About time sef...
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Good riddance too bad rubbish.
D question now is do GEJ need this prodigals to triumph in 2015?No is my answer.
What GEJ need is 'we' that voted him b4 and that shall vote him again.
GEJ all d way.
In GEJ word, no shaking.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC’s Problems Began With Saraki’s Coup As Senate President – Lai Mohammed / Ebonyi Not Part Of Biafra – Umahi / Unknown Gunmen Kill Yusuf Labaran, Son Of Chief Imam Of Kogi Town, Anyigba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.