Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (25130 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 5:08am On Sep 02, 2013
blink182: Fools! Where exactly do you people want the jobs to be created from? Better go do something productive in your neighbourhood.

You guys are about to become thugs, beggars, political fanatics and at best have the smart exco employed while you all waste your time making noise all over Nigeria.

I lost my job October last year and started building websites, importing from china, usa, consulting and I'm making more money though erratic.

You people should stop dreaming and become useful citizens. I really wonder what you people hope to achieve-the federal and state governments should put you guys on social security or what?

I wish you all the best in this fruitless endeavour.

My heart bleeds for you
tell us how you lost your job
Did you steal the money you used to travel to america and china after losing your job
How did you get the money to start importing from china
Why import? Can you be creative enough to use your God given talent to cope with NEPA, bad roads,poor network and start producing in Nigeria instead of turning your own fathers land into a dumping ground?

5 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 5:09am On Sep 02, 2013
Good morning to the great people of Nigeria
First I would like to commend everyone's effort
Just for acknowledging the fact that there is a problem that cuts across every home which is unemployment. If you believe its non of your business since you are employed...well just take a minute and reason fine because most definitely your siblings,cousins,parents,friends or even enemies are affected somewhere close to you.
A rich man in the mist of 100's of poor men is a pauper
The name NAUG- has gotten the attention I wanted and I thank God for that, Most definitely its going to be changed and please don't just sit in your rooms and start making suggestions about names. Be present at the meeting and voice out your opinions
Its an obvious fact that only a person knows where his shoes hurts for those talking about getting something doing,Nigerian youth I beg of you don't listen to these people...its either their fathers are those squandering our money,or they were just fortunate to get a job after school because they know one oga at the top,they mention Mark Elliot Zuckerberg have you forgotten the school he attended? Most nigerians don't even have computer talk less of being a computer programmer! Those guys talking about using ones talent.... I must tell you I have so many writers that have not been published at all, so many talented musicians without money for a demo tape, so many artist that have no galleries,footballers-- no soccer academies,farmers can't afford land,poet, novelist,
So many ideas that have ended in the dustbin
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg did not go through NEPA problem,ASUU strike bad roads,corruption,tribalism,nepotism,ethnic and religious crisis..he went to the best school in the world...now our ASUU is on strike
I would one day like to take people on a tour to Abuja, to a place very close to asokoro called Galadimawa its just a stone throw to aso rock- there is a small part that divides it from each other(Asokoro and galadimawa)
Asokoro is like heaven but galadimawa is a living hell..the houses are not arranged? The buildings are closely packed, the roads are not good infact in the rainy season its like a plague, water never runs- no pipes or even a plan for water, the markets are so dirty,food items for sale are packed on the floor, children don't go to school or are half "nnaked" with tattered shorts with their "ppeniss" peeping out ....but yet its close to aso rock...its just a stone throw. Asokoro is beautiful, silent...in short words can't describe how beautiful it is
So when those living in Asokoro start saying get something doing,use your talent we that grew up in "Galadimawa" should have a reply for them.. please don't listen to them. And so it is not only in galadimawa its also the same in Mararaba, Nyanya, mpape- also in lagos ajegunle, mushin,
In ibadan, bere, Agbowo

And so on- its time to take charge . We have our brains to use and not the sword...
Let come together and think of moving ahead
Thanks
Ehis Abuya

5 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by DinhoMVP: 5:25am On Sep 02, 2013
Unemployment or bearing the unemployed status is a function of the mind for those of u coming under this sympathy seeking umbrella I pray GOD opens not just ur sight eyes but also the eyes of ur mind so u can comprehend the enormous opportunities and abilities he has deposited right in front of u and also give u the grace to maximally explore and utilise them to great effect then u'll never think of equating urself in the "unemployed" bracket ever again.
GOD's grace to you all #dinhocares
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by DinhoMVP: 5:26am On Sep 02, 2013
Unemployment or bearing the unemployed status is a function of the mind for those of u coming under this sympathy seeking umbrella I pray GOD opens not just ur sight eyes but also the eyes of ur mind so u can comprehend the enormous opportunities and abilities he has deposited right in front of u and also give u the grace to maximally explore and utilise them to great effect then u'll never think of equating urself in the "unemployed" bracket ever again.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 6:37am On Sep 02, 2013
DinhoMVP: Unemployment or bearing the unemployed status is a function of the mind for those of u coming under this sympathy seeking umbrella I pray GOD opens not just ur sight eyes but also the eyes of ur mind so u can comprehend the enormous opportunities and abilities he has deposited right in front of u and also give u the grace to maximally explore and utilise them to great effect then u'll never think of equating urself in the "unemployed" bracket ever again.

Thanks a lot
But I must say if God has open your sight and the eyes of your mind( like you said earlier) you would have read that the NAUG is just to catch your attention
This is a movement against unemployment and even CEO have been identifying themelves with our movement

People please read and understand before commenting so at least you won't expose your ignorance to the world
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by blackbeau1(f): 6:42am On Sep 02, 2013
What will happen to those unemployed graduates that are not in Lagos but want to be part of the meeting?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by waldigit: 7:43am On Sep 02, 2013
Korad26: What some students studied in uniersity is useless e.g somene 1 dat sudied zoology, where wld such person work?

Such a person can operate in poultry and vet industry as affliate marketer, service provider , consultants etc

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Gud1(m): 7:50am On Sep 02, 2013
What will be the aim of such an association? Some hoodlums will join and this will be a security threat to the nation as whole.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by collynzo2(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2013
You guys should check out the idea on this thread very important.
www.nairaland.com/1421062/advice-national-association-unemployed-graduates#17832372
life_style: I saw a thread recently on Nairaland where some unemployed graduates are planing to form an association, I thought about the concept and I decided to contribute my idea to the movement.

They called themselves National Association of Unemployed Graduates of Nigeria, what an association! as ridiculous as it may sound i think they have a point, they have the right to be heard and a right of association.

Many have criticized the concept and mock those involved calling them all sort of names but truth be told, only he who wears the shoe knows were it hurts. All fingers are not equal.( he no easy)

Not everyone is fortunate to get a paid job, and if we like it or not, NOT EVERYONE WILL BE EMPLOYED - so what do we do with them ? leave them to be roaming about the streets constituting nuisance ? or competing for first to comment on Nairaland ?

As we all know, many percentage of Nigerian University graduates are unemployable, no thanks to incessant 'ASUU' strikes', inadequate proper funding of Nigerians universities and the use of obsolete technologies.

Here is my suggestion for the group and every unemployed individuals

First, don't look down on your selves - for the fact that you do not have a job doesn't mean you are coursed or not good enough or it's the end of the world, the bitter truth is 'NOT EVERYONE WILL GET A JOB'. embarassed the government is not capable!

Since you have accepted the fact that no one is ready to employ you and you have decided to come together which i think is brilliant, why don't you guys employ your selves ? How ? you ask, where do i get money to start a business ? you ask again. Well that's the advantage of coming together, remember two good heads are better than one.

GO INTO FARMING YES FARMING!

INVEST IN TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS

All you guys need to do is organize 1000 unemployed graduates, (there are millions out there) contribute N10,000 each and invest in any of the above business. Farming preferably.. (with 10 million) you can invest big in Farming.

Don't ask me where do you get 10,000 from, abi you no pay for your school fees ni? grin

Most of the work will be done by your selves without paying external laborers which will reduce cost and maximize your profits.

There will be professionals among you so there won't be need to pay for any professional services.

well i have to stop here, hope this will help.

think about it and let here from you.

Thanks you for reading.

Haymos

I apologize in advance if there is any typo in this post...

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by mkoabiola: 9:16am On Sep 02, 2013
Hw will u get money to finance ur assosciation? cos u will need finance as tym goes on.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2013
mko abiola: Hw will u get money to finance ur assosciation? cos u will need finance as tym goes on.

We need brains not money...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by 4reigningqueen: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2013
Korad26: What some students studied in uniersity is useless e.g somene 1 dat sudied zoology, where wld such person work?

presidential villa.
I know of one person!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by TundeBello1: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2013
MAY I NEVER JOIN THIS ASSOCIATION IJN...HOLY GHOST!!! Fire!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by roland2rule(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2013
PLS THE EMPLOYABLE SHOULD BE REMOVED.I WOULD PREFER dat the name should be changed to *NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF VISIONARY YOUTH (NAVY)*
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Ekowise(m): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2013
Good one. I see change coming sooner than expected. I'm in support.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Edoblakky(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2013
I quite sympathize with this group and wish to contribute to help. The main reason why graduates are mostly unemployed is simply because our education system is tailored for failure.
Graduates are trained in Nigeria to look for jobs instead of creating jobs. Even those who studied business administration cannot think of creating any business. This is really appalling!
The truth be told, no amount of meetings and gathering will create any difference. The change we all need now is to engage ourselves.
I have visited a couple of countries but one that I really spent so much time studying is the Netherlands. The country has a population less than 20 million and has a GDP far greater than that of Africa. How did they do it? Farming! Farming is the future of Africa. Imagine us producing so much food to eat and even export to China and India.
We have so much arable lands wasting and yet we are jobless. Let's engage ourselves!
Though I work and do business, I am ready to help with ideas to diminish unemployment because I was once unemployed for over 5 years after graduating.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2013
channels TV just informed the they would be around on saturday the 7th to grace the occassion..
May God bless you guys
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by cdoffx(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2013
jp philips:

industrialization isnt the bane of employment in Naija, corruption is. I believe unemployment hasn't gotten to the stage we are experiencing in reality.

if an unemployed graduate makes the right contact he gets a job, where did the job fall from?
until corruption via nepotism is eradicated, unemployment will continue to thrive.
it bores down to the fact that the jobs available is totally insufficient hence the reason why the few available has to be taken through whom you know means. Also when we talk about job creation we're not only talking about civil service jobs alone and thats why industrialization is the key to solving unemployment. Do you expect new but unnecessary job posts to be created in the civil service simply because we want to eradicate unemployment. My brother industrialization is the key when there're enough industries then mechanical engineers, biochemist, microbiologist, food technologist, applied physicist and so on will fit into rightful places and not all competing for the few civil service positions

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by In4matic: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
ehixking: channels TV just informed the they would be around on saturday the 7th to grace the occassion..
May God bless you guys

That's Great Mr Ehis.

for those on this thread and the former thread who cannot step out of their selfish cocoons and look at the Nigerian picture holistically and say enough is enough, i can only feel pity.
People are converging from all over the country and some Thomases think it is out of joblessness. can jobless, brainless people think with such oneness of purpose? when the American pioneers gathered themselves together and did THE SAME THING, i'm sure their likes were there to call them jobless.
beware of those who will begin to sing a different song after this movement gathers steam.
The Movement of Graduates to Upturn Economic Imbalance is begun!

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by waldigit: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Folks, when we get to this historic meeting, I want these to form part of our agenda,
1. Why is nigerian graduate not employable
and artisans are employable in the same economy.
2 why can't nigerian graduate create employment but technicians create in the same economy
3 why is it that its only the formal.education sector of the labour force that is only complaining about the problems of the economy as an impediment to their ability to discharge.

Dear colleagues I marvel at this idea of no opportunity because of problem. Honestly if our training is what its supposed to be, problem shall be equal to Oppotunity.
Let me give an instance, my car presently has a problem that I willing to pay double the. market price for a graduate mechanic who can fix it.
Folks there is money on the street in this country, if only we can bend down low to pick it.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by In4matic: 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
please Mr stainless,
this your move although laudable has to be approved by the pioneers of this dream in the person of the Op and i am not aware he has said anything to this effect. the body meets in Lagos and that is all that has been passed across.
attention @Ehixking, please verify.

stainless655: Dat is gud but al d unemployment graduate 4rm south-south we shuld meet in delta state university convocation hall on 7th sept 2013 dat same day in delta state..pls cal 08068728977 for detail.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
In4matic: please Mr stainless,
this your move although laudable has to be approved by the pioneers of this dream in the person of the Op and i am not aware he has said anything to this effect. the body meets in Lagos and that is all that has been passed across.

To those in Delta state tryna hold any rally or meeting...
I must tell you am not aparthy to that!
Give me a call first
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by cdoffx(m): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
waldigit :
Folks, when we get to this historic meeting, I want these to form part of our agenda,
1. Why is nigerian graduate not employable
and artisans are employable in the same economy.
Sir there's a difference between not being unemployable and the jobs not even being there. Are you telling me an average biochemist who ended up in importing and exporting would've gone to study biochemistry when he knew quite well he wants to go into importing and exporting.no doubt i'm aware some of us went to Uni to acquire formal education and already have plans of being entrepreneur
2 why can't nigerian graduate create employment but technicians create in the same economy
then you could also answer the question why the Nigerian government shouldn't just close down all tertiary institution and stop wasting funds on staffs and lectures salary and divert the money to assist bring favorable conditions for aspiring entrepreneur to create jobs since they can't do it
3 why is it that its only the formal.education sector of the labour force that is only complaining about the problems of the economy as an impediment to their ability to discharge.
sir you lie. Even the mechanics, technician and the likes do complain. Some of them even out of ignorance envy the government workers. The economy is not favorable for entrepreneurship and thats why if you try getting the statistics you will see 80 out of every 100 new entrepreneur wind up business in less than a year

Dear colleagues I marvel at this idea of no opportunity because of problem. Honestly if our training is what its supposed to be, problem shall be equal to Oppotunity.
Let me give an instance, my car presently has a problem that I willing to pay double the. market price for a graduate mechanic who can fix it.
Folks there is money on the street in this country, if only we can bend down low to pick it.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by In4matic: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Please, look around you,
if you see a society to be happy about, then ignore and go back to your routine. But if you don't, then the 7th day of September is a good place to be.
discus with friends, stop to think.
there I this story I heard some time ago of a set of chickens that were bragging to their counterparts in the next coop that theirs was better, the poor guys never remembered that it was still a chicken coop no matter the "package". and ironically, the same bitter fate awaits all of them. welcome to reality check 101
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Another patherotic Nigerian Mr. Funsho Edwards just created a logo for the association.

Check it out on our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Association-Of-Unemployed-Graduates-NAUG/1406249762926389
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ehixking(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
In4matic: please Mr stainless,

Send us a detailed report of any meeting you want us to hold for approval

Ehixking@gmail.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Burntcoal(f): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
wow dis is laudable. Today i was so mad and angry at mysef. Do i av to dig d ground to get a job? Most jobs r for sale in naija.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Bakpagb: 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nice move
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by 2rez: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
Guantanamo Bay, na there our so-called corrupted leaders suppose dey cool their asses. Their families inclusive 'cos seed of corruption had long been sown in them too. Irrespective your academic result, just sabi one oga @ tha top, then u are good to go. Desperation of securing a job gives rise to stupidity in some fellas case i tell like paying about 120k for federal civil defense job which is non refundable. U could imagine. No matter how much u spray mouth like raid unto the sureness, won't move me an inch. I know some fellas that did that n uptil now, infact till Jesus comes, they won't get it n @ present, they are yet to get the fcukin job(civil defense). Each Each time i talk them into it, they try to evade it n of course, me i wan taunt them ni. grin. I go get 120k n talk say na job wey no sure i wan go use am arrange, na skelewu dey worry me abi na me dey worry skelewu? Tufiakwa!
Oluwa go soon vindicate for us n help this movement yields good result amen.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by emmable(m): 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Even though i respect this movement,if the 4yrs or more u spent in school can only generate this irrational idea then it's a pure waste.come on guys,that time u guys will spend discussing, use it to think of what to do...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by kennosman(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes o,those of us that started dis initially wit us,must c dat dis our new organization shall c d light and likewise achieve our aim o.long liv d revolution.wuld v luv to b dia live(meetn)but my PPA won't gv me d chance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Things 20-year-olds Dont Get / 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.