Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,979 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (24958 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by vickyluvvy: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
q
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ROCKJ1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
How will they take care of transport and feeding... its not easy oh... since they are unemployed.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by indomitable234: 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
Who will then be the first president of the association en what will be members contribution or source of funding for the association. 0. 0
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Kslib(m): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Wow!! Nice one!!
Hope their voices will be heard sha..
I'm patiently waiting for the NATIONAL ASSOCAITION OF ASUU VICTIMS.(NAAV)
All izz well!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by alphaconde(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
Those graduates that are working in one factory or petrol station earning less than 50k u better join this group. Consider your self under/unemployed.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by cdoffx(m): 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
For those who do not understand. When the Arab spring was to start, it started on social networks however this is not going to be like the Arab spring because this association is will not tow the path of violence.
For those saying after getting unemployed why continue staying in the association. The meeting is where the name will be changed this is just to catch attention of all those concerned. It'll rather be something...Against Unemployment which will make it open for every Nigerian[entrepreneur.employed, rich or poor ] who wants to kick against unemployment now and for generations unborn to join.
What you people should understand is that this is not just unemployment fight but equally industrial revolution as its one of the key to solving unemployment.
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by brownlord: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nice one is there any group on BBM or Whasapp for South South Zone? although am presently in Osun
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by zico2(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
This is a good motive. I pray it yield a good result. Youths have been sideline for a long time and it needs to stop. Imagine a situation where federal jobs meant for qualified graduates been sold at to political cronies at rate of 100k to 250k, nsitf and civil defence job for instance. For how long re we going to hold our peace. The time is here and something needs to be done. If you have time pls be there. Let the revolution start, we re not fighting for ourselves alone but for the unborn generation. Finally,IF THERE IS ANY POLITICAL CRONY THAT WISH TO DERAIL THIS THREAD,I PROPHESY THAT YOU WL NOT LIVE TO EAT THE FRUITS OF NIGERIA. So shall it be.

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by bobokelly(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
While this is a vey good move, but, wait a minute, unemployed graduates, where would they raise money to finance this association?.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by deeptesting(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
ehixking:
Amen...
Please invite people
Tell a friend to tell a friend
It affects us all

I am gainfully self employed but be assured that I am part of this movement and will attend the meeting to give you guys my support...

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Peterboy1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
am loving this, will endeavor to be there
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Sammiel: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nothing better pass make person get hand-work, school na better thing but if you support am with hand-work you no go suffer too much cos you will have something doing while seeking for a job. All the best to you guyz.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by duruh: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
ebamma 3: .change that name to national association of mumu graduates, no go find work do, na until government employ u?, nansense,
bros if u dnt hv any thing 2say i sugest skip this topic instead of using abusiv words on graduate form. Its who wears d shoe that knw wir it pinches him.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by lifestyle1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
The meeting should have been on a Monday
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by shangpearlz(f): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lobolintin: Gej,hope u knw say nah smal revolutn loomin b this,frnt page.plz.

U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ so rite my bro...we are headin towards dat
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
and wen this happens,i hope we will bcom boss and bosses of our company/ies,ceo's of our own brain work nd not loopin on the impoverished Civil Service of Nigeria.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
How come no one is talking about Underemployed?

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Gistben: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
I wud ave luv to be there but no TP from calabar to lagos. Wish u guys well, nice initiative
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Majority of those in this association are somewhere 'managing'.. Not like everybody sit at home doing nothing..

As long as you get something in form of wages/salary somehow, somewhere, then you're not an unemployed graduate..
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
acidosis™:
How come no one is talking about Underemployed?

Lol...@list yu are employed..

Move nah,u go dy amazed @ the number of applicant wey want dt ur underemployed post.

Mtsheeeew,...Next
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ReubenAbati: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'm. A photographer.

Be rest assured I will attend.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by TAIWO3004: 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
A
gud initiative,but its a pity that dis govt wil not b ready 2
listen.The rate of unemployment is very high,but d govt of 2day are
still claiming that it has reduce.Who is deceiving who? I pity 4 d country
NIGERIA!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ealtutu: 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nigeria is blessed with all the natural resource you can think of. How I wish all these our ex leaders emulates Dangote,and invest in the country, it would have gone a long way.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
I'm. A photographer.

Be rest assured I will attend.

My point.

Mr Reuben is a photographer, yet he wants to join the league of the unemployed...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Gpius(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
Bros may d Lord help u an be ur strength though i myt nt b dar due 2 certain tins bt b rest assurd am prayin 4 d succes of d meetn an i ll pass on d message

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
Phinity318:

Lol...@list yu are employed..

Move nah,u go dy amazed @ the number of applicant wey want dt ur underemployed post.

Mtsheeeew,...Next

Lol.. nor be me
Just an instance

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Cathaliya: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
I wan join o.... I don tire to dey look after my aunty wahala wey she call pikins..... I wan join o..... I wan join.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by rman: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
The problem with Nigerians is we think having certificates should guarantee at least a level of success in life. This is only true if you open your mind to the opportunities around you and you can add value or create something of value. Unfortunately, all the young lads that made new money in the last 25yrs are not graduates. Bill Gates, Zuckerberg etc are not graduates, they created something of value and the rest became history. But we have been so programmed to throw certificates at everything. Another issue is some graduates can not really add value because what they studied is not really what the immediate society needs, so they become disappointed after school,when the easy life expected by acquiring a certificate becomes a mirage.

What I can infer from this association is young unemployed graduates that feels society owes them jobs because they are graduates,unfortunately, it does not work that way.

Come together to share ideas, poll resources together with your counterparts in similar fields that you come across by being a member, but if it is to gather CV's with the hope of securing jobs, I'm sorry it is a bad idea. The agric graduate example the OP gave is a good example. Has this young graduate considered relocating to a LG in OYO and start small there? He/she can now bring the produce to Lagos, create better packaging and use his connections to create a niche of customers.

The truth of the matter is entry level jobs are no longer available or they are very few to come by. But, there is still so much to be done that graduates should not complain of lack of something to do. Yes, we can not all be entrepreneurs, but look critically around there is something to be done or improved upon.

As a young unemployed graduate a few years back, I was making up to 80,000 a month by being a basketball instructor to kids in private schools. A friend and I approached these schools in Ikeja and we gave the school principals our proposal. I played basketball in school and I know most of the game masters understand the fundamentals of only soccer and maybe volleyball. We were not employed but allowed to come in four times in a week and teach the kids. We had 40kids per class and four classes and we charged 3000 Naira per kid.
The beauty of it all, each class is just for an hour 2pm to 3pm. So I have time to search for work and still be a part time instructor. I know a law graduate that makes at least 150k a month doing makeup on weekends . I recently told her to build on that instead of bombarding people with she needs a job.
I will wrap it up by saying if truly you have something of value to add to an organisation, it is just a matter of time, that job will find you.

7 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Korad26: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
What some students studied in uniersity is useless e.g somene 1 dat sudied zoology, where wld such person work?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by MariaGoretti: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ewoo...una don move site. This is good. Still following.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
lasunray: Booking a space! Nice initiative guys. let those intrested show it here pls..

God must punish poverty, unemployment and actors/actresses of unemployment generation. My body, soul and spirit are here!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt / Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.