Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (24962 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Oluabayomi1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ds is indeed a welcome development. Bt when is Abj n other region's meeting coming up?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by spartanx(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lets assume u guys r serious...and what happens when those who take a lead among you or even members actually do get a job, au about d issue of finance, av u given these a thought?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Kbworld: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Seriously,dis is sign of end tym..
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by frainc(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
i will want this to spread across every other sector
not unemployed graduate only

i will want us to also look into "CONTRACT STAFF"(what i call modern slavery) issue

though am working with a company, but what about others

i support this idea
lets just make it open to people without formal education

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Chuksgeo: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
this is good, though other unemployed graduates in other parts of the country outside lagos could not attend, is there any means of getting the feedback to them or even rotating the meeting.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ibrutex(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
As a graduate i dont think it's really make sense to gather yourselves, putting blame on government or our enviroment for your inability to create an oppotunity or see one clearly.even illiterates will not do that let alone a graduate
We all know how it's going to end, This is Nigeria...

let me invite those that desire greatness and how they can achieve their desired dream to our Youth empowerment seminar which 'Bolaji Rosiji' is the power behind it, to help the youth.. All he require is your determination and enthusiasm. You need no capital before you can be a partner.
Before you become financially free you must have a Value! Do you have a product? Or service to render to people ?

for seat reservation text yes to
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't see how forming an association like this will give people jobs or make government provide jobs .......... I think the only jobs being created here is for those who will run the association......

no offence guys, just my own thoughts on this matter

I was unemployed for 7years,I watched as people I know didn't have good grades like mine got plum jobs cos they know someone that matters

as for me, I don't see how forming an association like this will give people jobs

someone please enlighten me
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by judedwriter(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Waste of time. to be employed now in 9ja its either u know someone at d top or u create ur own job using ur talent; it shold be national association of unconnected graduates wink

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
whats the definition of zoology?
I guess you dont know and someone who read this post might think you actually know something about it for you to give such careless adress.

FYI, that course is very rare and in high demand for someone who actually studied, understood and made it a part of him/her.
You can never appreciate the very essence of nature without going through that course and related ones to it.
Quote me anywhere.

Now, just so you know, its pronounciation isnt actually what it means per say, its much more.

Be wise, my friend.
Don't mind the daft punks. Just like some years back when I told some folks I was to study Mech. Engr, they had the impression I'd graduate to be holding spanners and servicing vehicles . Probably the "zoo" in the name confuses them.
In a good system, such courses are invaluable. but even if everyone studies a "professional" course it won't change the unemployment/underemployment situation. Of what use is the certificate of a law degree holder that ventures into fish farming? Wouldn't it had been better if he studied fishery and at least be happy that he's practising what he studied to an extent?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by lastmessenger: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
ebamma 3: .change that name to national association of mumu graduates, no go find work do, na until government employ u?, nansense,
i am very sure u didnt read the page before commenting.please try and see the rational behind the association.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by 3Dimension: 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
May I neva join this group..

Amen

Well some people just created a job for themselves. Abi dem no go get state excos'? #JustThinkingAloud
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
I encourage you guys to have a paramilitary faction to root out your thieving leaders who continue to plonder your common wealth and destroy your future.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by kings2all: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
[size=18pt]We Nigerians Know Our Problem,But we don't want to implement the necessary actions to achieve that.

Just because Mr. A your brother or partner is gaining from the situation. And he is paying your millions to keep him in doing that.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by surveycash(m): 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
acidosis™:
How come no one is talking about Underemployed?
We dey yan people never see food chop, you dey yan someone never bele ful.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
Fools! Where exactly do you people want the jobs to be created from? Better go do something productive in your neighbourhood.

You guys are about to become thugs, beggars, political fanatics and at best have the smart exco employed while you all waste your time making noise all over Nigeria.

I lost my job October last year and started building websites, importing from china, usa, consulting and I'm making more money though erratic.

You people should stop dreaming and become useful citizens. I really wonder what you people hope to achieve-the federal and state governments should put you guys on social security or what?

I wish you all the best in this fruitless endeavour.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by unwanaabasi(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Intact i must really commend the initiators of this wonderful idea.
So pls whatever the case put me across am in akwa ibom so i dnt think I'll meet up by comin there.
Link me up as a member thank you 08068801767
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by CaptainCodes(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
rman: The problem with Nigerians is we think having certificates should guarantee at least a level of success in life. This is only true if you open your mind to the opportunities around you and you can add value or create something of value. Unfortunately, all the young lads that made new money in the last 25yrs are not graduates. Bill Gates, Zuckerberg etc are not graduates, they created something of value and the rest became history. But we have been so programmed to throw certificates at everything. Another issue is some graduates can not really add value because what they studied is not really what the immediate society needs, so they become disappointed after school,when the easy life expected by acquiring a certificate becomes a mirage.

What I can infer from this association is young unemployed graduates that feels society owes them jobs because they are graduates,unfortunately, it does not work that way.

Come together to share ideas, poll resources together with your counterparts in similar fields that you come across by being a member, but if it is to gather CV's with the hope of securing jobs, I'm sorry it is a bad idea. The agric graduate example the OP gave is a good example. Has this young graduate considered relocating to a LG in OYO and start small there? He/she can now bring the produce to Lagos, create better packaging and use his connections to create a niche of customers.

The truth of the matter is entry level jobs are no longer available or they are very few to come by. But, there is still so much to be done that graduates should not complain of lack of something to do. Yes, we can not all be entrepreneurs, but look critically around there is something to be done or improved upon.

As a young unemployed graduate a few years back, I was making up to 80,000 a month by being a basketball instructor to kids in private schools. A friend and I approached these schools in Ikeja and we gave the school principals our proposal. I played basketball in school and I know most of the game masters understand the fundamentals of only soccer and maybe volleyball. We were not employed but allowed to come in four times in a week and teach the kids. We had 40kids per class and four classes and we charged 3000 Naira per kid.
The beauty of it all, each class is just for an hour 2pm to 3pm. So I have time to search for work and still be a part time instructor. I know a law graduate that makes at least 150k a month doing makeup on weekends . I recently told her to build on that instead of bombarding people with she needs a job.
I will wrap it up by saying if truly you have something of value to add to an organisation, it is just a matter of time, that job will find you.

Oga, Nice write up. Good story. You should try writing a novel or in an article. But sincerly, you mentioned one out of millions of people who made it without graduating. Do u noe about the 999999 who don't?, those who because they dint finish school can't eat 3 square meals? Do u noe? In this part of our world, it is very important, yet IMPORTANT and I quote, that one gets educated. Only the extreme lucky ones don't, unless well you count on luck. On the fact that the graduates are out there with no job, do you think they have not tried getting their hands to something, or do you think they haven't roamed the streets of ttheir states for jobs?, and now they don't have, what do they do, Die, steal, NO.!! When the people who are to help are out there stealing spots., on this issue, its a good call'

And once again, to quote, its a good omen to revolution.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by RealSleek(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lolz @ nigerian graduate plays PS2 better than there counterparts in other country...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by dgysoft(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] Chia! see danger. mumu de give mumu idea. Sorry i pity you when the blind lead the blind na molue go jam all of una for lagos. kposa. One smart mumu wan use you brain drink garri
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by kinnad(m): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
t12tosin: what story am i going to tell the transport officials when i'm coming or se u don provide means of transportation? na Kogi state i dey o angry
Free bus from isanlu,yagba eastgrin

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by tonykel1(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
The name should be changed to National Association of Employable and Visionary Youth (NAEVY) 08094845427

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ozoemeka(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Is this real?

ehixking: It all started like a joke on nairaland when a post went viral about graduates coming together to form an association or movement to stop unemployment. Most people saw the idea as a very welcomed initiative that will go a long way in influencing governments policies to create a place for unemployed graduates in the National budget.

Graduates have been sidelined for years in Nigeria,jobs are not forthcoming and graduates find refuge in obtaining masters forms while some depend on their parents for daily bread and recharge card. Nigerian graduates play PS2 better than their counter parts in other countries yet some people speak about been entrepreneurs- but where can we find the enabling environment. Take for example a graduate of Agriculture that lived in Lagos all his life wants to start a poultry farm. Most definitely land would be in his feasibility study in which the land use act of 1978 is the first disadvantage, he needs funds-where would he get it, roads to transport from lagos to other point of sale are bad, electricity to power the farm ..nothing to write home about, funds in case of disease outbreak like gomboro or Newcastle disease " nba"

So how can he manage? Should a graduate start small buy rearing 5 chicken, 2goats, 1 sheep....in whose compound? Has he himself even eaten today(chance for Baba landlord to throw your things away)

In the light of these interested graduates has been mobilised from various parts of the Nation to hold the first general meeting in lagos

Venue.---Unilags sport centre
Time.--9 AM prompt
Date...saturday 7th of september

To discuss the way forward to scrap the menace of unemployment
This is an open invitation to the general public and anybody that would like to support morally or any other way you can

God bless us all for more info
Follow the trend on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1390376/national-association-unemployed-graduates-naug

Join us on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Association-Of-Unemployed-Graduates-NAUG/1406249762926389

The movement/group/association or forum is opened to every Nigerian that likes the idea of kicking against unemployment
And most especially all graduates of universities,colleges of Education, polytechnics and all graduates with an academic qualification

Call Ehis on 07030717445 for more info
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by bensky: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
guys i am interested in this group. although i am employed. please hit me up
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by luggy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
yes indid, all the unemployed graduate will be meeting in lag for first ever meeting., in d histry of naija. however
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by wonderfulson: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nigeria youth are now waking up to reality. Enough of complaints,it is high time we stood up and fight for our right before things completely got out of hands. Every generation out of relative obscurity discover its mission whether to destroy or fulfil it. Together we can do it. Amandla Awetu!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Omotolaaraujo(f): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
A movement for the good of Nigeria
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
If this meeting should hold and the attendance is huge, I would be surprised if it's not in the news.

=D NAUG.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by ogahope(m): 12:07am On Sep 02, 2013
I hope dis initiative is nt politically motivated?... Cos it sounds so political.... Lagos state nd UNILAG for venue... APC congress for unemployed hypnotized youths...shine ur eyes Nigerian youths dnt b used...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by AcrossStreets(m): 1:00am On Sep 02, 2013
Please folks, don't rely on the government. They have never been responsive and they will never be. Make good use of your smart phones and tabs. Read books, download tutorial videos from YouTube and get busy... Forget about our government, they have never been responsible... Cheers

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 02, 2013
blink182: Fools! Where exactly do you people want the jobs to be created from? Better go do something productive in your neighbourhood.

You guys are about to become thugs, beggars, political fanatics and at best have the smart exco employed while you all waste your time making noise all over Nigeria.

I lost my job October last year and started building websites, importing from china, usa, consulting and I'm making more money though erratic.

You people should stop dreaming and become useful citizens. I really wonder what you people hope to achieve-the federal and state governments should put you guys on social security or what?

I wish you all the best in this fruitless endeavour.
good thinking...@op d mr ehis or watsoeva u cal urself,what exactly is ur problem,if ur being unemployd is so affectg u nd yet u cnt cme up with a soln 2 tackle d prmbl if given a chance only 4 u 2 cme up with d's trashy associatn nd it's yet 2 b enlightend followers,den u need prayer!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt / Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.