Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? (33873 Views)

Phyno Vs Olamide..after Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? Part Two! / Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better / Wizkid Vs Davido Vs Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
@ Who has released the better track, that's what you are asking right?

So what's the yardstick you are using to judge better tracks? I guess it should be most downloaded, most sales, most rave about, recognition of said track, right? Now after Man of the Year, give me 5 tracks that Phyno has released and rave the whole country or at least rave 75% (No be only East dey 9ja ooo)
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
oluamid:

Is it just me or you don't understand the topic of your own post?

Lemme post it for you.

"New Post (Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better?)"

Try answering your own question objectively please.
Yet you were So Blind and Smart,you didnt see The first Write up of The Thread.....*kelechukwu Clap 4 urself......Welldone!*
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
chekz:

Mr please do not misquote me. Get your facts straight.

Sorry but what are you saying then about Durosoke and Man of the Year?? No one is denying the fact that Man of the Year is amazing but do you want to say it rave the streets and country more than Durosoke? (Remember that the country goes far beyond the east and south west) That's my question. Kindly answer

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by bakynes(m): 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
The Moderators of This Section put that "WHO HAS FARED BETTER" there....
However,if u read my first write up,you will realise The "fared" being talked of...

If that be the case I think as for your question who has better tracks? I think the answer is everyone has his or her own opinion. Most likely Yorubas will like Olamide and Igbos will prefer Phyno and Northerners or SS pple will vary some will prefer Olamide to Phyno while some will prefer phyno to Olamide.

THREAD CLOSED

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nate7even: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
well you ibo guys saying phyno is creative,ofcos thats what you will think cus you understand what he is saying and you dont understand what olamide is saying....buh durosoke was crazy,the way olamide flowed in the ibadan type accent was just priceless.olamide has fared better
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by chekz(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride:

I'm sure you are among those who are first to download the song and blast it everywhere you go. Oya, write and translate any Phyno singles, I dey wait make we see rap.

TRANSLATED:

What has entered has entered, It has entered 
*If it doesn’t enter, then rub Vaseline on it brother* 

Kill them all 
Phyno kill them all 
*I’m a god in this game 
And my kingdom has come* 
See see 
*They said my music won’t enter 
Me, I looked at them and told them If it’s not juju, it won’t enter* 
Shout out to Ill bliss, God make you bigger 
*Any rapper claiming ill, we’ll cure your malaria* 
Let us enjoy, we’ll drum to it 
My account is shapeless like an amoeba 

After much talk, brother what happened at last? 
*That girl that said it won’t enter, ask her what happened last* 
Word on the street is that Phyno came up too fast 
How an indigenous rapper from the gutter get class? 

They say aim higher, never settle for less 
East coast nigga, now I’m banging in the West. 
When we put our heads in A’town, we’ll spoil the net 
Y’all should be afraid of what I’m gon’ do next 

I don’t care, even if I tried, it wouldn’t work 
When I was on the streets, did you know? 
When I was in the hood, did you know? 
*If you’re hating, stick your head in a chicken’s ass* 

You can’t stop me, maka n’obago (OBAGO!) 
Now I’m finally here, say hello to the Man of the Year (x2) 

Verse 2 - 

YEH! 
No albums but I’m getting mili 
And I’m giving them ear Gossips 
All man are hitting me on my nose 
we made it, now we’re happy 
See, everything thing I touch see I’m gon’ kill it 
They are forming but I done did it 
Big things are coming in small packages 
See them feeling me, my head is intoxicated. 
Two years ago, I introduced myself 
Two years later, now they introduce their selves 
*Some dey wonder, get a tie, suit your self 
Carry yourself to court. My brother, sue yourself* 

a type of Igbo folktale 
My guys in Abakiliki are praying for me to fly high like a bird 
they’re telling me to go higher, Dodging me like the police 

I don’t care, even if I tried, it wouldn’t work 
When I was on the street, did you know? 
When I was in the hood, did you know? 
if you’re hating, stick your head in a chicken’s ass 

You can’t stop me, maka n’obago (OBAGO!) 
Now I’m finally here, say hello to the Man of the Year (x2) 

What has entered has entered, It has entered X (3) 

You’ve not seen anything 

A bad boy speaking a mix of English and Igbo
When they ask me, I say I do it for my people 
*They see me and ask me “Phyno, why do you rap in Igbo? 
I answer, “Calm down, even Jesus speaks Igbo* 

Now I’m here 
Haters on the stand 
Even though they can’t see me now, they’re looking for my bed 
I climb the ladder now I’m sitting as the king, now I’m sitting on the throne 
He is on top! 

Brother, look into my eyes 
Money is in my heart 
Money on my mind, all you niggas owe me. 
I have brought the money now your chick wish she knew me 
*I don’t masturbate, but I do me* 
My crush told me that I ain’t focused 
Now she see me and my crew and she wanna Bleep us 
*Phyno, The Teacher of Teachers 
If you go against me, I’ll show up, like an oracle*

I don’t care (know), even if I tried, it wouldn’t work

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride: @ Who has released the better track, that's what you are asking right?

So what's the yardstick you are using to judge better tracks? I guess it should be most downloaded, most sales, most rave about, recognition of said track, right? Now after Man of the Year, give me 5 tracks that Phyno has released and rave the whole country or at least rave 75% (No be only East dey 9ja ooo)
"Street Music" kills it all...
Its not About Numbers bro...But for a clearer view,go back to page '0' of this Thread and see my List...
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by chekz(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride:

Sorry but what are you saying then about Durosoke and Man of the Year?? No one is denying the fact that Man of the Year is amazing but do you want to say it rave the streets and country more than Durosoke? (Remember that the country goes far beyond the east and south west) That's my question. Kindly answer

Raving goes beyond how much you listened to a song or how many times you sang it yourself........raving means views,radio, social networks, youtube so many things.....but my point is in life the best don't win everytime........I gave example of american rappers that most people here do not pay attention to but are better than the supposed best by a mile...or maybe not dat much.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
chekz:

Raving goes beyond how much you listened to a song or how many times you sang it yourself........raving means views,radio, social networks, youtube so many things.....but my point is in life the best don't win everytime........I gave example of american rappers that most people here do not pay attention to but are better than the supposed best by a mile...or maybe not dat much.

Of course I know raving is not about how many times you listened to a song, I helped you, thank me later, here are some stats from Naijaloaded you can verify yourself.

Olamide Tracks
Total download: 3,439,274 - Durosoke
Total download: 2,027,834 - Turn up
Total download: 2,730,255 - First of all Remix

Phyno Tracks
Total download: 729,321 - Man of the year
Total download: 617,036 - Kush Music
Total download: 431,245 - Ghostmode
Total download: 245,094 - 48

Do the math yourself, all those Phyno tracks doesn't even match the download Durosoke alone had, Durosoke alone according to Naijaloaded rave the streets and country more than any of Phyno tracks. Peace

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by mikkyphp(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Kanayo O Kanayo l'emi mo kana gan...chai see lyrics...
Baddoo of life!
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oluamid(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
Yet you were So Blind and Smart,you didnt see The first Write up of The Thread.....*kelechukwu Clap 4 urself......Welldone!*

So we are beefing each other now? grin grin grin M.I weldone oo. cheesy
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nwa amala igbo ka'am bu (nwa abia)
Lyrically, I gv it 2 phyno
Lasgidi ni mo ti d'agba( surulere)
Popularity, I gv it 2 olamide.
Both are gud sha lyrically oooo, bt I thnk phyno dey drive me crazy, he is alwys bringing d mic down 2 shut my brain down. I understand d 2 languages, trust me phyno bad lyrically pass olamide.
Biko unu kupu n'uzo ka phyno pia tire.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
"Street Music" kills it all...
Its not About Numbers bro...But for a clearer view,go back to page '0' of this Thread and see my List...

I still don't get you, if you are talking about "Street Music" then Olamide beats Phyno hands down, what exactly are you using as your own yardstick to measure who fared better so I can see things from your own view.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride:

I still don't get you, if you are talking about "Street Music" then Olamide beats Phyno hands down, what exactly are you using as your own yardstick to measure who fared better so I can see things from your own view.
That means You have not been reading my Comments......What Do you Understand by "Better Tracks?"...
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by chekz(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride:

Of course I know raving is not about how many times you listened to a song, I helped you, thank me later, here are some stats from Naijaloaded you can verify yourself.

Olamide Tracks

Phyno Tracks

Do the math yourself, all those Phyno tracks doesn't even match the download Durosoke alone had, Durosoke alone according to Naijaloaded rave the streets and country more than any of Phyno tracks. Peace
larride:

Olamide Tracks

Phyno Tracks

larride:

Olamide Tracks

Phyno Tracks

I won't say ur stats are wrong.....all I will say is if you wanna listen to real hip-hop? Phyno all the way.......that is rap...not durosoke dats song is just a joke. But the truth is people wanna dance hence the OLAMIDE factor....phyno is keeping it real.....the days of olamide the rapper are long gone he has gone commercial......personally I would rather have a phyno track on my phone than an olamide....I listen to RAP not CRAP.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
oluamid:

So we are beefing each other now? grin grin grin M.I weldone oo. cheesy
Hahaihahahaha...No o!
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oluamid(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride:

Olamide Tracks

Phyno Tracks

I'm guessing there won't be any reply for this. Its high time people removed those tribe tinted contact lenses through which every issue is viewed.

Olamide and Phyno won't give us anything for supporting them in this issue. They don't even care if we exist or not. All they care about is making that money and we are helping to promote them by all these our arguments. I know a lot of people would by now be thinking of how to get a Phyno or Olamide CD to see things for themselves. Who gains? Phyno and Olamide. Not me.

Am done.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
chekz: [b][/b]

I won't say ur stats are wrong.....all I will say is if you wanna listen to real hip-hop? Phyno all the way.......that is rap...not durosoke dats song is just a joke. But the truth is people wanna dance hence the OLAMIDE factor....phyno is keeping it real.....the days of olamide the rapper are long gone he has gone commercial......personally I would rather have a phyno track on my phone than an olamide....I listen to RAP not CRAP.

Fine, that's your own opinion and choice which I so much respect. If you are good, then you are good, you love phyno fine but that doesn't mean that majority of Nigerians has Naijaloaded has pointed out love Phyno over Olamide. On the streets Olamide reigns, commercially he reigns, awards he reigns over Phyno, Hit tracks he reigns over Phyno.

Last Bullet: he even murdered Phyno in is own track. Over 3million nigerians can't be wrong. Olamide is far better than Phyno before and presently, Phyno MIGHT be better than him in the future but for now, he himself says that Olamide inspires him, according to Phyno: when it comes to rap, I envy him (olamide)

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
oluamid:

I'm guessing there won't be any reply for this. Its high time people removed those tribe tinted contact lenses through which every issue is viewed.

Olamide and Phyno won't give us anything for supporting them in this issue. They don't even care if we exist or not. All they care about is making that money and we are helping to promote them by all these our arguments. I know a lot of people would by now be thinking of how to get a Phyno or Olamide CD to see things for themselves. Who gains? Phyno and Olamide. Not me.

Am done.

I do love Olamide that's so obvious (I love Obago also) whether they know if we exist or not is inconsequential, they are both artiste and celebrities, hate them or love them, they are who they are, who told you they don't care if we exist or not? Who's going to be their audience then? Animals I guess. They are entertainers and are there to entertain us. Whatever it is you are doing, Do it with all diligence and hardwork and someday you will be celebrated also. Peace
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Both are good ooo, check out serekode by pheelz u wil kw phyno is better whn it come 2 rhymes and lyrics, I understand d 2 languages, I cn judge. Stil on stil popularity stil goes 2 olamide, baddooo.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
oluamid:

Am done.
And so,Naijaloaded is now the Basis for "Who has better Tracks?"....Smh...
The Last time i checked,Many Nigerians love Wack Songs,and thats why The Likes of Terry G and Timaya are still out there...Olamide has Joined the queue of this "noise makers!"
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
larride:

Olamide Tracks

Phyno Tracks

I refuse to Believe This Sh*t.......How many people even know Naijaloaded Exist? So,what You are Saying is that Everybody that has Olamide's Track or Phyno's(as u mentioned) downloaded it from Naijaloaded?
Dude,you must be Sick for believing such Silly Stats....Even The Likes of 2face or Psquare have not recorded Such even with their Massive hits.....
Last Bullet:POST THE LINK OF THE STATS HERE..
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by vocalprince(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
They are both good at what they do but, I will go for "PHYNO D PLAY MAKER"!!!
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nate7even: 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote

author=philfearon]
I refuse to Believe This Sh*t.......How many people even know
Naijaloaded Exist? So,what You are Saying is that Everybody that has
Olamide's Track or Phyno's(as u mentioned) downloaded it from
Naijaloaded?
Dude,you must be Sick for believing such Silly Stats....Even The Likes
of 2face or Psquare have not recorded Such even with their Massive
hits.....
Last Bullet:POST THE LINK OF THE STATS HERE..[/quote]You dont realy need
to insult him you know,it shows u r geting sentimental,we can be
civil about this brother
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nate7even: You dont realy need to do insult him you know,it shows u r geting sentimental,we can be civil about this brother
hmm, na wa oooo, d two rappers dnt spk like dis na.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nate7even: You dont realy need to do insult him you know,it shows u r geting sentimental,we can be civil about this brother
hmm, na wa oooo, d two rappers dnt spk like dis na. Pls tel me its a typographical error
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nate7even: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
customized13: hmm, na wa oooo, d two rappers dnt spk like dis na. Pls tel me its a typographical error
Obviously
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
I refuse to Believe This Sh*t.......How many people even know Naijaloaded Exist? So,what You are Saying is that Everybody that has Olamide's Track or Phyno's(as u mentioned) downloaded it from Naijaloaded?
Dude,you must be Sick for believing such Silly Stats....Even The Likes of 2face or Psquare have not recorded Such even with their Massive hits.....
Last Bullet:POST THE LINK OF THE STATS HERE..

Dude, you don't have to resort to insult, as I said, the stats are there for you to verify, go to Naijaloaded and verify it yourself. If you can't post your opinion as a gentleman then I'm done arguing with you.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by larride(m): 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
P-sqaure - Personally
Total download: 4,807,555

www./music/view.php?id=3254

Because you don't know doesn't mean its wrong, kindly get off your lazy bu.tt and search naijaloaded yourself to confirm.

I'm not saying everybody download their songs from Naijaloaded because we do have notjustok, tooexclusive, jaguada and the likes, I only posted what I saw on Naijaloaded, you should have taken your time to check before replying. The internet is a wide world.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
oluamid:

I can't talk about other
northern states but in Lafia, Nasarawa State, Olamide's First of all and Durosoke are party anthems and even almajiris know the lyrics though they don't understand one word of it. I've never heard them singing Phyno though.

i dont even want almajiris to sing Phyno's songs.

Phyno's songs are for titled ppl.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
customized13: Nwa amala igbo ka'am bu (nwa abia)
Lyrically, I gv it 2 phyno
Lasgidi ni mo ti d'agba( surulere)
Popularity, I gv it 2 olamide.
Both are gud sha lyrically oooo, bt I thnk phyno dey drive me crazy, he is alwys bringing d mic down 2 shut my brain down. I understand d 2 languages, trust me phyno bad lyrically pass olamide.
Biko unu kupu n'uzo ka phyno pia tire.

exactly.
Most ppl here are considering popularity instead of d main question.
But like i said, most responses here are tribal.
Phyno's songs are great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats / Free Mp3 Musics To Dawnload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.