Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? (33879 Views)

Phyno Vs Olamide..after Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? Part Two! / Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better / Wizkid Vs Davido Vs Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 7:55am On Sep 12, 2013
Seriousbusiness: Even Alaba boys knows where to invest their money btw the 2 artistes.Infact most of my friends from east side re not fimiliar with the so called Phyno.Flavour we know but not phyno.
Also checkout what happened at the computer village when olamide visited the market at ikeja.
You are just biased bro...Flavour is Popular here,same thing With Phyno..Those ur so called "igbo guys" are non-existent....Say what You know bro...

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:

it was Olamide that made d ghost mode track what?
U have to be joking.
@ OP, u cant get a reliable response, all i see here is everyone supporting his tribesman.
Like sb pointed out, ask northerners n non-igbos of SS.
am 4rm ss,even though i was born and brought up in lagos,me i no see watin olamide dey rap/sing o.If i hear any of him song,i don change d tv station cos i no like pple wey dey rant/shout.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2013
hopeyemih: oga poster,u asked about who has fared better,..now tell me sincerely any phyno's song or colabo's which doped the airwaves like voice of the street,durosoke and government(by reminisce ft. olamide)..habaaa!,its obvious olamide is the hotest right now.i like phyno,but if i am to pick one of these two to feature on my upcoming album or track,who do you think would b "bankable" enough for me
None of the Songs u mentioned is Better than "MAN OF THE YEAR"...
Mind u,its strictly music..am not concerned with Bankables or Endorsements..Those are managed by their respective Management Teams and Labels...
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2013
Seriousbusiness: Who knows phyno before his collabo with olamide?the op is a learner.Who has gotten more endorsement?awards ?sales?
Abeg we are not talking of better artiste from the east but in Nigeria has a whole.
Even a deaf and dumb will know its olamide,sentiment apart.
Before u call another person a learner,first read 2ru what you wrote....The question is,who has released better Tracks? I wonder why you are concerned with his endorsements..Will u have a share in it?
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by osadhordy(m): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
Mind u,its strictly music..am not concerned with Bankables or Endorsements..Those are managed by their respective Management Teams and Labels...
i think you are just bias @u
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2013
barcaboi:
Did u also listen 2 Confession cypher by Olamide, Durosoke, he also dropped his album dat had massive songs; panumo, picture, street song, and a master hit wt Buchwaila, Jesu o kola......so its all abt preference, I love Phyno but Phyno also gave kudos 2 Olamide....Google it
When we over love a Musician,all his tracks becomes Hit tracks to us....Thats the problem you have...I have it in 2face though!
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2013
barcaboi:
Wow!!!...Eni duro gave d dude massive air play; u deleting it is jst pure 'sentimental'....and he released dat since God knws when...d dude has even gotten better
If you say so...But i heard the songs name 2ru his lyrics in "first of all"....It aint popular as you thought bro.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by sweetgala(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2013
I personally don't know who to give it to. Phyno is crazy and his lyrics leave me perplexed , but that olamide guy is just on another level. These guys are both blessed and bound to go places if they keep working hard and its great to know both have been successful after ghost mode.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2013
kaze4blues:

At what time will phyno go places than olamide?

Majority of igbo peeps here are sentimental.

Olamide already has two albums to his credits. Almost all the tracks in his last album (ybnl) were hit tracks and the album even won award in the best album category at NEA.

Olamide has done hit collabos with almost all major players in the music industry like dbanj, wizkid, duncan mighty, vector, tiwa savage, kswitch, mayd, and and several others.

After the success his 2nd album which he released late last year, olamide has released several other hit tracks like durosoke, first of all remix with dbanj, turn up, rayban abacha, going to heaven, and several others.
Even dbanj tried so hard to sign him into his record label, db records.

Just three songs from olamide are greater hits than all of phyno's songs. E.g first of all, durosoke, going to heaven.

What else, dude got his own record label, ybnl records.
The achievements of olamide greatly surpass that of phyno.

Olamide is a great brand and his songs are anthems to majority of the people.

Most of olamide's songs are club bangers such first of all, omo to shan, durosoke, and several others from his ybnl album.

Tell phyno to work on his album, give more collabos with major artistes.

Next time u compare olamide with bigger artistes rather than phyno who's hardly known to everyone.

Even phyno will pray to achieve the feat olamide has in the music industry.

Doing a Collabo with Dbanj is not a big Deal bro..Stop attaching importance to it...
As for your sentimentality talk,Anybody who reads ur Write up will bear with me that You have written the Most biased write up here..Probably because,You are Yoruba guy,repping ur hoodguy........
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by geeworld1(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2013
Chanchit:

Yea, Eni duro is too raz, it can not be compared to his subsequent releases. The single became a hit because of the Video.
Wait o, are U̶̲̥̅̊, are U̶̲̥̅̊ lemme nt say it.......nooo
Are U̶̲̥̅̊ high....eni duro was enriched with enough good lyrics n punch lines n he had enough words till the end of the song
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chiscomax(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2013
why do people like doing this to this nation? it is very clear that olamide s better. see him flows and rhymes although, i am an ibo boy i prefer olamide baddoo... omotoshan

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oduaboy1: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
Guess you are biased too...The question is,Who has released better Tracks? Not who has been the most sucexful....
Fared better means succesful stop twisting words ibo boy:>:>
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oluamid(m): 8:24am On Sep 12, 2013
ngozievergreen:

it was Olamide that made d ghost mode track what?
U have to be joking.
@ OP, u cant get a reliable response, all i see here is everyone supporting his tribesman.
Like sb pointed out, ask northerners n non-igbos of SS.

I can't talk about other
northern states but in Lafia, Nasarawa State, Olamide's First of all and Durosoke are party anthems and even almajiris know the lyrics though they don't understand one word of it. I've never heard them singing Phyno though.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oduaboy1: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
Man of year popularity stars and end in iboland
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: Fared better means succesful stop twisting words ibo boy:>:>
Bro,The Mod put that "who fared better" there....Unless u are so blind that u didnt read my first write up on this thread...
And Stop that Ibo boy chant...We are not on some tribal War here!
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: Man of year popularity stars and end in iboland
"Eastcoast Nigga,now am banging in the West"..........Hope u undastood what i mean.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by dopeJemi: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2013
B_B013: Y'all supporting olamide are bunch of yoruba folks who believes in " ti wa ni" so I am not suprised u go with olamide on this..
For me I understand nd speak yoruba fluently something olamides song doesnt move like that song he was featured in maybe dbanj featured him and a whole lot of others. .
As for phyno he is d man of the year no doubt. I stil understand a lil bit of ibo but anytime I will go with phyno cos if u try to listen to some songs he was featured in u will know he is the boss.. like d one skuki ft him d song was wack but he delivered his part perfectly..
To those saying he is no3 on top 10 naija list nd was given 1 award on the just concluded award watever I say thats just being setimental. (As good as Rkelly he never received an award) I so go with phyno anytime anyday come rain sunshine
I support u buh d king of RnB has won 3grammy awards smiley
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by akbtunes: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2013
Lemme first put in this disclaimer: "Between Olamide and Phyno; Putting one ahead of the other would be a unfair and an effort in futility"

Both guys are steadied well on top of thier game. They BOTH are the toast of every Naija artistes and industry watchers.

I'am a yoruba(ilove my language and culture like crazy- but I have preference for Igbo thinz (dressing and language) because I love new/different stuffs) I infact hope to marry Igbo wife sef. Pls reach me if u r igbo and ur sis is fine, classy and wife-material

I don't need to listen to anyother Phyno's song apart from Multiply, Anamachikwanu, MAN of the Year. DOnt understand what he is saying but boss got his play on words on CHECK!!

Olamide's ways make me wanna be a real street boy! that's how much influence he has on me and some folks

My ratings over 100: Olamide 99.99%!! Phyno 99.98888%

(PS: I'd fght for a selfie with Phyno over Olamide tho!)
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oduaboy1: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2013
dopeJemi: I support u buh d king of RnB has won 3grammy awards smiley
Who made rkelly the king of rnb:>:>
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2013
Y'all should go listen to TURN UP by Olamide..
Nigga is at the TOP of his game !!! Stop beefing
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by dopeJemi: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: Who made rkelly the king of rnb:>:>
googLe it, He's d king of RnB whiLe CeLine dion is d Queen of RnB, just GoogLe it so we won't deraiL smiley
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by SlimShawty(f): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2013
doc on air: JESUS needs you.drop all you have for HIM

Annnnd what has that got to do with what the poster asked?
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by PrettyGaby(f): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2013
who has had more success- Olamide. who is better lyrically- Phyno. Dude killz it with his metaphors! and whoa! who says Olamide made the ghostmode song? i barely listen to his part. dude shouts like he's overfed. but then again, one man's food is another man's otapiapia

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by ShakurM(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2013
Olamide has dropped more hits you would think he was a Mavin! grin

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2013
So they later pushed this one to frontpage! Hmmmm......Mynd and Mikuz are really good MODS sha grin

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by safarigirl(f): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2013
I love them both. Olamide's style is more aggressive and he tends to also add humour. Phyno takes it on wordplay, metaphor, proverbs. People associate rap with aggression hence the feeling that Olamide is better. Olamide is DMX and Phyno is Dr. Dre, shikena! P.S. I HATE that durosoke song, MAN OF THE YEAR kills it anytime.
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by namdee(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2013
As someone who speaks both yoruba and igbo, I can clearly say this olamide is good and phyno is phenomenal, what phyno amazes me each time I hear him rap,the way he plays with d language and infuses it with english and then twist it again is incredible.that been said they both are very talented

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Fresia01(f): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2013
My ear z 2 delicate n important 2 b damaged by noise in da name of song! I dnt lyk olamide's song 4 ma earz sake <except omotoshaun> phyno does it 4 me!
Ok, enuf of dis topic, already making ASUU n fg irrelevant with 5pages and counting. Nw 2 make ASUU n fg feel gud i nid y'all 2 ansa dis questn!
ASUU vs FG, WHO HAs fared better during dis strike? Oya legoo
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Sodiq3(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2013
Their mama sef don go collect witchcraft for me...hehehe,badoo til i die..
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by iheneme(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2013
Surely, Olamide is good at his thing. But I think Phyno is MAN OF THE YEAR. The guy's delivery is unassailable. He plays with words like he's playing ludo. And he does all these EFFORTLESSLY. Nwanne, ihe bara aba abago!

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Eifeh(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2013
Promhize:

Who is zoro biko, is he ur broda?
Zoro that in Owo sa gi ft wizboy, Papawa, Obiageli, shasha, enyi, the guy is good his latest song 042 is the best but them swear for them not to do videosmiley
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by baslone: 9:34am On Sep 12, 2013
Great rappers like Terry, OD and Mode-Nine really have nothing much to show for all their effort except the craft.

Show-biz is bigger than free downloads, freestyles and Cyphers.

QUESTION- Who has fared better?

Olamide has albums, awards, endorsements and 2013 shows/concerts in and outside the shores of Naija aint complete without him.

Ordinary Bariga Bot

Phyno has brought something new but he is still an upcoming artiste whose career is still undecided. Please you guys should not do him a Mode-9.

Don't over-rate him, allow him to get in line with the money rakers- the Olamides, the MI's, the Ice princes, the Davido's, Wizkid's etc

If not, his spirit will ever keep haunting you in years to come.

I don talk mah own!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats / Free Mp3 Musics To Dawnload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.