Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President (19465 Views)

Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister / ASUU Take U-turn Over Public Outcry, Schools May Resume On Monday, As Lecturers / ASUP Set To Call Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by ifycent2: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Am short of words..........
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by abdulo4real: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: Asup + ASUU - FG =?
= war gringringrin
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by Shadoky(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=TRILLIONIAR]Asup + ASUU - FG =?strike
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by duruh: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: Asup + ASUU - FG =?
COE
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by abeladams(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Richiez: Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) has threatened to resume a strike action it suspended July 17 due to what it called government's use of "divide and rule" tactics in running tertiary institutions in the country.

ASUP President Comrade Chibuzo Asomugha in a press statement said the union's suspension of its strike was predicated on the understanding that government was to meet certain obligations which it has refused to fulfil till now.

While stressing that the union had "generously" granted government one month, as against the two weeks it demanded, he said two weeks after the expiration of the deadline, the only obligation which government has met in part is the harmonization of the modalities for the migration of the lower cadres of staff, stressing that government has not been able to definitely indicate where the attendant arrears will come from.

Asomugha said other matters which are yet to be settled are completion of the appointment of governing councils in all polytechnics, release of the White Paper on the Visitation to Federal polytechnics, the review of the Federal Polytechnics Act, the commencement of the renegotiation of the FGN/ASUP Agreement due since July 2012, and a Needs Assessment of Nigeria's polytechnics and proper funding of polytechnics.

The union lamented the "unfortunate stance of government in adopting a divide and rule approach to repositioning higher education in the country. Lately, government's whole attention has been focused on the university sector to the total abandonment of the polytechnics and the colleges of education."

He disclosed that ASUP may be forced to resume its strike if government refuses to fulfil its obligations
http://allafrica.com/stories/201309021404.html

when will the Nigerian Army go on strike...
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by nikky5(m): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
for my son's sake they should not. I pray the govt wade into this fast.If not he will eat almost seven times a day and sleep for more than 12hrs.
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by ibitomisi: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
I don't want to hurt anyone, leme keep mute
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by babsomotde(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
More "strikers" going to strike the FG....
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by tompat86(m): 6:21am On Sep 03, 2013
Allen kee:
STRIKE
confusion
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by tompat86(m): 6:23am On Sep 03, 2013
Allen kee:
STRIKE
confusion
FOLLEY20: Look, if u don't know what 2 say, u better keep Quiet. I hate seeing dis issue of 1st or 2nd to comment; it's childish.
Allen kee:
STRIKE
confusion

Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by Cabsso(m): 6:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Olayemi@olufemi:
Ok now...FG will soon go on strike
end time tins ni oo
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by DeWisedon(m): 6:48am On Sep 03, 2013
i swear if dem tryam dis time,i go quit school,nd become a full time bokoharam.nd no going bak.

.imagine d shit
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by terryalexmm1(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2013
Very soon na Electricians go strike... Striking tinzzz
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by ennon92(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2013
lexrichy: To hell with assu and fg, students should also go on strike..... Thank God I don graduate sha.
"assu" half baked gradute c ur life outside;
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by ennon92(m): 10:05am On Sep 03, 2013
XVIER: SMH...... iiii wwwwaannttttt mamakkkee uuunnnnaaa.... kknnwww sssaaayyy nnnnoooo bbbbeeee fffggg annnd aasssuuuuuuuu ffauullltoo.
c dis STAMMERER!
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by alexarelano(m): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2013
Johnpaul2k2:

[size=16pt]
Stup!d set of Kids[/size]
na end time thingz naw! Abi wetin we go call am? E no dey happen in 90s nah! As u con become a learner now, no be END TIME THINGZ?? grin grin
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by alexarelano(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Lagos_Boi:

Seun should start banning them, they are too young to use internet
idiota madotta, na only nairaland be internet? Smh! End time thinz grin
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by EejaNla01(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
No mind them,I dey vex self! angry
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
plssssssss o, let me finish my final examz o
Re: ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President by FAVBABS(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2013
And revolution will take place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Types Of People You Would Probably Meet In A Lecture Room / University Of Ilorin Screening Form 2017/2018 Is Out / Awa'aji Zanna Graduates With FIRST CLASS From Indian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.