Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa (6902 Views)

6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist / Senator Praises GEJ For Achieving Great Things For Nigeria / Igbo And Yoruba Doing Great Things Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by BigB11(m): 12:32am On Jun 18, 2008
Well, there isn't anything that is great or special that will not be castigated by few; even Prophet Muhammad and Jesus still get it from time to time.
PERFECT is a very powerful word; but like it or hate it, I'm completely confident that Glo's products will only get better as they continue to spread their wings all across Africa. Without any doubt, Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation will continue to get positive attention as a result of Glo's unique accomplishments.

LOL.

Why not? but only if you can assure me that you are not like your oga; the toothless general in minna who was and still well known for his fraudulent activities.
@Businessman Nuzo:
I've decided to stick with my Oga and carry on with my bush meat business. Good luck with everything and do not be scared to keep intouch. You're a good man.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by ADint(m): 1:13am On Jun 18, 2008
Nigerians do not see a good thing when they see one! They would see it though if it is foreign: Microsoft, Coca cola, Walmart, Benz, BMW, BT, Shell, Deutsche Bank, Honda, Toyota, Vodafone, ABN Amro, Mobil, Chevron, Alcatel, BAE, Nike, Heinz, Kellogg's, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Barclays, Siemens, Phillips, Sony, Toshiba, , these organisations are NOT perfect, BUT they are feted in their home countries and promoted as the best there is; 

When we learn to do this for our own home-grown brands - Then we can start to move forward.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Jun 18, 2008
Posted by: oldie

Lets all focus on the issues here
There are both moral and quality issues with Globacom.

The moral issue: I do not think we should support thievery, even if the proceeds of theft were used for something noble!
The QoS (Quality of Service) by all the Service Providers is below par, almost the worst in the world.
Forget all the razmatazz being churned out regarding our phone density.
Quality is quite different from quantity

Like some people have said, efforts should have been made to improve quality in Nigeria before we export expertise
Do not let us be carried away with all these emotions!

From engineering point of view, qualitywise I will grade the GSM providers in Nigeria in this order:
Celtel, MTN and Globacom

I do not owe any allegiance to any of them.
I am speaking purely as a Nigerian

Let us always use our first eleven
Globacom is not a good Nigeian example, I am sorry

We should stop supporting mediocrity, however nationalistic we may want to be

Great Points made here!!
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2008
Big B1:

I've decided to stick with my Oga and carry on with my bush meat business. Good luck with everything and do not be scared to keep intouch. You're a good man.

Ah. . . . . . . .you are so unrepemtant. grin

I sure will keep in touch.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by superman(m): 7:35pm On Jun 18, 2008
alright!! alright emough of these baseless attributes!!

@ nuzu

Frankly speaking iam just a true born nigerian soldier, iam not in anyway way proclaiming an expert or whatever, oh mind me but then the true commonsense these[b] Political aso monkies[/b]  in abuja lack is being easily exposed by you im afraid. from what i think u stated on your post in this one is a lot of nigerians in china are self employed as they tend to engage in bussiness, you inclusive. So how come you cannot understand simply analogy my friend.

You argument is charity begins at home!! yes agree but would these western appologist in here picture that as well, but the question remains here what has that got to do with buzzness expansion in the global village!! u see now you are not making any sense as you love to think. IN a wolrd today there are asian billioniares, russians billionaires etc. Now it could be said these billuonaires poses thread to the wolrd economy like africa if The great Nigerians fail to stand up and be counted! (nigerians billionaires im refering to)

Therefore the fact that our own Great Glo is expanding across the globe slowly got nothing to do with the services the are providing in Nigeria im afraid!!ANALIST, dnt u think. So where do we go from here. Now it up to the regulatory body in THe Great Nigeria to do away with the ASO MONKIES and normalises things in the appropiate standard. As for the buzziness the Great GLO has the initiative to go outside nigeria, employ nigerians, and make more money in line with their service and product improvement afterall thats what buzzness is all about.

And mind you the CHINese export a lot of fake goods to Nigeria and these aso monkies allow that. does that ring bell, i guess they are after their profit! So why is it a different ball games whenever it comes to NIgEria

NOW to all the JUMBO-MOBO analist please i understand you have a problem to comprend simple english, but im very sorry as im not in the position to provide help! R IGHT what do they make of this one

THe NIgerians lets see what they think?
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 2:56am On Jun 19, 2008
wow, wow, wow, I can not believe what I'm reading.
Forget Adenuga and forget Nigeria for a minute, and let us concentrate on the bigger picture here. The purpose of this topic was to praise Africa, and call for Africa united.  There is no business that doesn't have rough edges here and there, and there will never be a perfect businessman. This is also why management teams are put in place to constantly work on improving business practice and products. It is unbelievable how progress haters, Nigerian Monkeys came out with their machetes to kill one of their own.A man gives you free food and the monkeys are busy crying and complaining that the food has no maggi cube, but turn around at the same time asking for more.
If you don't like glo products, do yourself a favor and don't patronize the business. I'm sure that glo will severely miss your few ₦ ₦ ₦.
The best we could do is suggest how glo could be a better organization and provide better service to their customers. But our mind is damn too tinny and clouded by negativity to see ahead of today and realize that if glo becomes stronger in all area of their services, Nigeria will also look greater.
The last time I checked, Oprah said that all Nigerians are criminals and many all over the world are also under the assumption that nothing good comes out of Nigeria. And we all wonder why.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:20am On Jun 19, 2008
http://www.tribune.com.ng/18062008/wed/infosys2.html
The night Benin Republic switched onto a new dawn with Globacom
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 19, 2008
oldie:

The moral issue: I do not think we should support thievery, even if the proceeds of theft were used for something noble!
The QoS (Quality of Service) by all the Service Providers is below par, almost the worst in the world.

Like some people have said, efforts should have been made to improve quality in Nigeria before we export expertise

From engineering point of view, qualitywise I will grade the GSM providers in Nigeria in this order:
Celtel, MTN and Globacom

I will keep posting this for every blind patriotic comment i get. tongue
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:29am On Jun 19, 2008
Nigerians can no longer be treated with disdain in African affairs. We are amongst the most educated Africans on Earth. We are adventurous and very stylish. Our professionals can compete anywhere and can never be intimidated by anyone. Nigeria is the America and China of Africa rolled into one. Never mind the facts that our narcoleptic leaders have failed to tap into our awesome potentials. Nigerians are working on how to rescue the nation from the terrible grip of selfish and extremely corrupt politicians. We’ll do well to learn a few lessons from our neighbours in Benin Republic, who threw out their traditional politicians and voted in an accomplished banker. Our future lies in the hands of the private sector.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:30am On Jun 19, 2008
So far, over 100 Nigerians are working DIRECTLY on Globacom project in Benin republic. This project is small compared to the one in GHANA.
This is expected to send more than 150 Nigerians as expatriates into GHANA.

Can't we try and see thing from the Optimistic and positive view?

This is a appalling attitude to life, that is, seeing only the bad side of things
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:32am On Jun 19, 2008
So far, over 100 Nigerians are working DIRECTLY on Globacom project in Benin republic. This project is small compared to the one in GHANA.
This is expected to send more than 150 Nigerians as expatriates into GHANA.

Can't we try and see thing from the Optimistic and positive view?

This is a appalling attitude to life, that is, seeing only the bad side of things.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:33am On Jun 19, 2008
Glo is currently the only Made-in-Nigeria product we have in Nigeria to export. This is a Start-up company that has changed the face of communications in Nigeria in just 6 years - they introduced per second billing, affordable sim cards and much more - MTN were not in the least interested in these! Any other country in the world would celebrate these remarkable achievements by an indigenous player.

No douth Glo would benefit from this, but they deserve it. One is hard pressed to find any other Nigerian player of its kind in any industry internationally.

Kudos is due here and I give it with unreservedly.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:35am On Jun 19, 2008
all i can say is I'm proud of this organization and the least i could do as a proud Nigerian is to give my complete support to anything that brings positive attention to Nigeria.
if glo's product is inferior i do not think ghana or republic of ben will be fighting to get them into their country. we have gone through too much in this country, we've been called criminals, 419ers, liars, incapable, uncivilized and i think it is time for us to welcome anything that will uplift our bombarded image. i think glo is doing very well in this department.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:36am On Jun 19, 2008
Yes Glo has it problems, just like shell, mtn, celtel, chevron, etc . But it is a dream company for most Nigerians.

Apart from that, it is a total Nigerian brand in the IT/Telecoms sector.  Apart from Churches,Banks we have not been a able to stamp our feet as a Nation on the Technology scene. NITEL could not do this despite their "professional HR" department.

Give it up to GLO for being bold enough to take this giant step. Nigerian professionals who have participated in the bBeninproject will tell you that, for once , outside the shores of this country you are well respected. I am sure Ghana won't be any different.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:36am On Jun 19, 2008
Well, there isn't anything that is great or special that will not be castigated by few; even Prophet Muhammad and Jesus still get it from time to time.
PERFECT is a very powerful word; but like it or hate it, I'm completely confident that Glo's products will only get better as they continue to spread their wings all across Africa. Without any doubt, Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation will continue to get positive attention as a result of Glo's unique accomplishments.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Jun 19, 2008
Posted by: oldie

Celtel, MTN and Globacom

Can we all please read the highlighted posts for pete's sake!!!
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by 4Play(m): 5:30am On Jun 19, 2008
Someone steals my possession,uses the proceeds to start a business and I am supposed to congratulate him for the success of his business.What an absurd set of people.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by superman(m): 5:57am On Jun 19, 2008
hahhha
grin grin

i think these  analist are not so adamant now!
alight then for once you be exposed by SUPERMAN

just admit it please!! they know who they are!!

the nigerians are listenin!! there you go!! And what nigeria have to understand is most of these people are stranded in oversea, so anything goes ,
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by cre8tivity(f): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2008
Someone steals my possession,uses the proceeds to start a business and I am supposed to congratulate him for the success of his business.What an absurd set of people.
could you please further break this down. because from what i know, adenuga has been a successful wealthy man before some of us were born. it is unreasonable and unfair to continue to speculate with a baseless proof. some of us did not even know this name few  years ago, but adenuga has been in the mix doing big thing for almost 30 years. it will be nice for you to make your proof to be known if you have one. just don't go around jumping on different bandwagons saying things just because you heard him or her said it first. i'm not calling the man a saint or an evil, i'm not in a position to do so, but i'm very proud of what glo is doing in nigeria and in africa.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2008
If you don't like glo products, do yourself a favor and don't patronize the business. I'm sure that glo will severely miss your few ₦ ₦ ₦.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/20062008/news/news14.html
Glo sold 600,000 SIMs in Benin in 10 days
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
you could successfully promote quality and move productivity improvements/ management to a higher level in public sector only if you're dealing with people who are willing to develop the right attitude towards quality and also appreciate the true value of quality.
I do not blame glo for branching out to other region; you will be a fool to try to impress nigerians, they are built to complain and they will whine forever and ever regardless of what the outcome says, good or bad.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 2:25am On Jun 22, 2008
http://www.modernghana.com/news/170924/1/glo-mobile-lands.html
Glo brags to change the face of telecommunication in Ghana within a short period.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2008
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by deor03(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2008
Sources in Benin republic revealed that GLO sims are completely sold out in Benin as at today  grin

Ghana get ready for the green-white-green revolution
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by wale02(m): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2008
GLO IS MAKING NOTHING RATHER THEY EXPLOIT PEOPLE BAD SERVICES, HIGH TARRIF,CHARGE FOR UNSENT MSG.
LET ADENUGA DO SOMETHING & MAKE NIGERIA PRODUCT A PRIDE TO N IGERIAN.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by zomby(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2008
LET ADENUGA DO SOMETHING & MAKE NIGERIA PRODUCT A PRIDE TO N IGERIAN.
apart from complaining, whining and crying, what else is OGA wale02 is doing to help nigeria or nigerians?
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2008
The best we could do is suggest how glo could be a better organization and provide better service to their customers.
My suggestion to Glo is that if you are going to be in Ghana, be a Ghanaian. Or at best, be a Ghanaian-Nigerian, like I am. Don’t impose your ‘Nigerianness’ too much on Ghanaians. Identify with the aspirations of Ghanaians. Support them. Help them. Be loyal to them. Don’t go there initially with a profit motive. Go there with a service mentality. Serve them and in the end they would serve you.

Ghanaians are honest people. Be honest with them. Don’t over-promise and under-deliver. Customers everywhere are the same. They want good service at affordable price. They want value for money. They want excellence. Don’t go there with a short-term mentality. Go with a long-term attitude. Be on the side of the customer. Be their defender. Be their supporter.

Support what they love. Support their Black Stars. Ghanaians are crazy just like Nigerians when it comes to football. Play your game well. Don’t use rough tactics. Don’t tackle from behind, otherwise you will get a red card. And don’t cause frequent break in transmissions.

Ghanaians are like the rest of the world. They want everything first class and world class. The world is their benchmark. If you give them a world class service, then you can rule their world.

I like the slogan: Rule your world. It’s an aspirational statement to conquer the world. I want to see Glo grow to become Africa’s largest telecom company. Nigeria deserves that kind of image. We don’t want to be the Giant of Africa for nothing. I want Globacom to become a key player in the world at large. Finally, let me salute the indomitable spirit of Dr. Mike Adenuga, a man who never gives up until he gets what he wants; a man who wants the world to believe in the can-do spirit of the Nigerian man.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
I look for Nigeria to emerge as an emerging market but I can’t find Nigeria. Other than oil, Nigeria has nothing to export to the global market. I look for an authentic Nigerian brand outside Nigeria and I can’t find one. Outside Nigeria, you look for a Nigerian brand and there is none.

So, it was one big good news for me, when I returned from a 10-day trip to Goteborg (Sweden) and London to hear that an authentic Nigerian brand called Glo is rising and ready to take on the world. I learnt it has taken over Benin Republic. And before I can blink my eyes, there is the news that Ghana has also opened it gates to Glo. Where next?

To jog our memory, we all remember Glo, how this underdog brand came in late into the Nigerian market and took the market by storm with the “per-second billing” penetrative strategy. The idea made sense to Nigerians, that if you speak for a second you must pay just for a second. The competitors said it could not be done, that you have to pay more. But Glo came in with a can-do spirit, saying:
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2008
Oh yes, you can do it!
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by folahann(m): 12:35am On Jun 29, 2008
The bad news about a man travels faster and farther than t he's good news

The world is more interested in your bad deeds much more thtan your good

and that is the case with Nigeria, once you are seen as bad, nothing abouut you is good
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Jun 29, 2008
folahann:

The bad news about a man travels faster and farther than t he's good news

The world is more interested in your bad deeds much more thtan your good

and that is the case with Nigeria, once you are seen as bad, nothing abouut you is good

That is not necessarily true in all cases. I mean look at the story of Dangote for one. Some people praise him, to them he is their African hero, while others abhor him. He has achieved good as a Nigerian?? Sure. On the other side, has he done bad for Nigeria?? Sure. Does his good cancel out the bad Not necessarily. Is there hope for all to see him as some guy who deserves to be praised?? Sure. One thing I do know is Nigerians enjoy Hero-Worshipping and once a person picks a hero, it seems nothing else matters. Something very dangerous indeed and I urge that we all be very careful of doing.
Re: Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa by Depilot(m): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2008
glo is one of the highest paying company in nija and they do not only employ just nigerians, they also have employees from everywhere all around the world.
Adenuga works very hard 24/7 all year round, therefore, it is naturally expected that anyone that must work for Glo must be ready to operate along this same frequency. To those who are hardworking and full of initiatives, the sky is the limit and Adenuga is not discriminatory. He does not know tribe. You must deliver. The language is simple — value for the money you are being paid. This means you will find all tribes of the world on his payroll. This is another sign of Adenuga's greatness and this is why Glo is everywhere and will probably be everywhere because the foundation has been laid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Ameachi And His Wife After Saturday's Election / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence / Assent To Electoral Bill: No Need For Sabre Rattling - State House Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.