Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Pls I Need Ur Advise. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls I Need Ur Advise. (655 Views)

Pls I Realy Need Ur Advise / I Need Ur Advise Guys-how Do You Tell A Guy Of / Ur Advise Is Highly Needed After Reading This Text That A Cheater Sent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Ur Advise. by ebusko43: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
I am an igbo man from Anambra state, am in love with a yoruba girl from ekiti state, i am planning to marry her, i told my mum about her, she refuse to agree with me, she told me i must marry from my tribe, even my family members do not support my move, i told dem dat she is d kind of woman i want, she is very caring, hard working and we share the ideology...she is a girl every men will dream of marrying...let me tell u a little about me...am a hard of hearing person, a graduate of mech engring unilorin...this girl accecpted me 4 who i am...and willing to be with me...i hv already dated different ladies, non of them is as good as her..even d ladies i dated 4rm my tribe did not match her at all....i hv made a promise to myself dat i will marry anybody no matter were u come from...if only u can love my unloveable part of me and support me towards my dream/goals...pls i need ur advise.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by DEGREE2466(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bros u can go ahead and marry the girl but be ready to bear the following consequences:

1. Language Barrier

2. Cultural differences

3. Independent marriage (without ur parents support
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by Rhemar(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
Why not try and make ur parents reason along or what is d benefit of marrying someone from your tribe and later come to regret it ever happened, if u're truly convinced then talk ur parents into accepting her remember ur parents won't live wt u 2 c hw it'll all happen later after marriage but ur parents must definitely give their consent.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by ebusko43: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
@ Rhemar..
Thank u for ur advise, i hv tried talk to them but dey wouldn't listen..hv told dem it is my responsiblity to choose my wife..n am d one who will suffer it or enjoy it not dem...i also make dem undastand dat marriage is not all about tribe difference..but ability for patners to sacrifices each other time n resource for the benefit of the family in whole...

@DEGREE...ur ar 100% right...i knw it will not b a problem to me...am working it out..to make my parent accept her..
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by Expensivem(f): 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bro , keep talking to your parents about it , but pray to God first . Prayer melts such mountain. I will advice u never to step in without ur parents consent.
Goodluck.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by firetrap(m): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
my man, while its always nice to have the support and backing of ur family while taking a big leap as marriage, it is not compulsory. you are an adult and should be able to make decisions that concern your own life without the approval of other people. you're the only one who will either enjoy or suffer ur marriage. with the way Nigeria is now, I'm still astounded that people still think about tribe while on the subject of marriage.

if she is the woman u want to spend the rest of your life with, go on and don't look back.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by Expensivem(f): 9:55am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=firetrap]my man, while its always nice to have the support and backing of ur family while taking a big leap as marriage, it is not compulsory. you are an adult and should be able to make decisions that concern your own life without the approval of other people. you're the only one who will either enjoy or suffer ur marriage. with the way Nigeria is now, I'm still astounded that people still think about tribe while on the subject of marriage.

if she is the woman u want to spend the rest of your life with, go on and don't look back.

Bros u wount understand , ur family might differ from others . I am talking out of experience .
If u don't mind , u can check my first post on Nairaland , its not a fairy tale but my true life story.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by firetrap(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=Expensivem][/quote]

at the end of the day, its you who is going into a marriage contract and not ur family. that's what people should endeavour to understand
Re: Pls I Need Ur Advise. by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2013

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read!!!! Most Effective Way To Propose To A Lady / I Need To Be Able To Trust Again / Is It Bad To Breakup By Text Good/bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.