Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Pilot Career - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72575 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
I dnt knw, here's nt d rite place 4 ur questions. Chek out NCAA website, n pprune threads on nigerian aviation. Wat we've got here ar mainly wanna be pilots, nt pilots.
Re: Pilot Career by dreamxml(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
@Everyone...
Not sure if this is the rite thread to post this.
I wanna know if there are any Pilot students presently in Canada from Nigeria or the UK.
I currently reside in the UK and looking at relocating to Canada for my Professional Pilot Training.
I am certain a study permit is required init?
Would appreciate if someone points me in the rite direction.
Re: Pilot Career by Iwhiwhu81: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
For those of you who seriously want to become pilots, visit this site: www.riversideflightcenter.com. Riverside flight center is a Part 141 school in Tulsa Oklahoma USA and they give great quality training and at a very low cost. The cost includes a guaranteed fee of $41.115 to cover accomodation, transportation and training but you must get your own food yourself. That is pretty cheap. Even with feeding costs added its much cheaper than NCAT which costs 7.5million naira. The only price you have to pay is that you have to be serious when you come ere and dont let anybody boss over you. Aside that its a wonderful place. Im currently there now and in two days tome i'll be going for my instrument rating checkride. Pls pray for me.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot Career by Generaloluseye: 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
COMLIMENT OF THE SEASON TO EVERYBODY.PLS DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHICH AIRLINE THAT WILL BE RECRUITING PROSPECTIVE PILOTS THIS YEAR
Re: Pilot Career by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hello people in the house,

I'm a pilot for pleasure, though I have just a PPL and that's it but I seriously love flying and wanting to switch career - from my current one to flying. Btw, I like my job in finance. I already know my flight path - PPL-ME, Instruments, Commercial - Single and Multi Engine, CFI, and Jet Transition, total cost about $55,000 at ATP. Should I wish to, I can get these licenses in less than 120days.

Getting the license n a fast paced track isn't the issue, not for now, but I wanted to ask few questions

1. Are there any opportunities for CFI's? I mean, since I'm gonna be getting a CFI anyway, is there a market for students who wanna learn?

2. If I have my own Cessna aircraft, though I was looking at air carrier logistics though, is there any possibility in that field? The scope is to serve as an express parcel delivery feeder to our major cities - Lagos, Abuja, PHC, Enugu.

I'm asking all these because I wanna start building on my long term plan, I want to leave the U.S. in the near future and want to start up operations differently from what others are doing.

Btw, I do not wish to work for an airline, wanna do my own thing. I will need someone to shed more light/guidance on what's involved in my questions.
Re: Pilot Career by sugah: 12:53am On Feb 09, 2013
IVY4U:
hi guys. Am a female and am an intending pilot trainee. I have enrolled in a school in the us and have gotten myself a sponsor. I will be commencing my training on fixed wing soon, as soon as my visa is ready.
Har far guys, The stuf is not easy oh. I got a capt friend with KlM that sent me some books and cd that am studying with.
It feels good to meet people who share your intrest.
I beg make una dey hala me.
One Luv.

is there an association of female pilots in nigeria?
Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 1:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Join us pilots on Nigerian professional pilots page on Facebook.
Re: Pilot Career by NPPnigeria: 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
Are you a Licensed Nigerian Pilot and yet to get a Job?
Great opportunities await you on a first come-first serve
basis.
Visit www.facebook.com/NPPnigeria for more info. Acass
(www.acass.com) is interested in working with our body
and other Nigerian airline CEOs.
Come on Thursday 28th February 2013 @JED Air, Concord
Hangar, General Aviation Area, Ikeja Lagos state by 11am.
Thanks, pls contact 07035385252 for more enquiries.

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Career by flyforall: 11:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
[color=#006600]250 hour licensed Nigerian pilot here
i have a transport Canada and NCAA license
it wasn't easy to get my CPL/ME/IFR but i got it against the odds
Now i've been looking for employment since September 2011
i earnestly and seriously need help, My IFR is due for renewal in September 2013
@NigerianPilotsAssociation i tried to videocall via skype during the interview
I sent you guys a message on facebook though.
I know aviation is more of luck, politics and timing but
Any Nigerian pilot who can help me feel free to mail me

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 3:20am On Mar 07, 2013
250hrs and counting. Lol..
I like ur spirit. Keep the networking and pro activeness. U go hammer soonest. My two piece advice; dnt limit ur choice to naija, chek other West African countries. Someone got a job that way.

2ndly, u got 2 walk down there n knock at doors, nt emails.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 9:34am On Apr 27, 2013
Flyforall;
ar u willing to work for free? Approachin charter companies chief pilots here in Naija to fly wit their a/cs weneva there's a flight maynt be a bad idea. Buildin hrs n networkin wit F/Os n Captains would be a gud startin point.
D bad story is dat u'll need ur own money to keep body n soul 2geda til ur big break comes.

If u could afford a King Air 350 or Caravan rating, possibly a ATR 42 ratin, save the money. Den come dwn to naija, approach companies dat operates such a/c n humbly request for IT(unpaid work) after u get ur rating. If given a positive answer(though u'll nt b paid), jet bak 2 Cana, get type rated n get 2 work buildin hours from d jumpseat. Someday d coy may employ u. Its d smartest way of gettin in2 a F/O seat if u can afford it.

Pilots got balls.
Pilots ar gamblers.
Best of luck bro.
Re: Pilot Career by dbangsaxy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Men my head is full already after what i read here i wana bcome a Pllot too

3 Likes

Re: Pilot Career by Horus(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm1sCB3tAgM

Nigeria wants to become Africa's aviation hub

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by ohnaigee(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
Iwhiwhu81: For those of you who seriously want to become pilots, visit this site: www.riversideflightcenter.com. Riverside flight center is a Part 141 school in Tulsa Oklahoma USA and they give great quality training and at a very low cost. The cost includes a guaranteed fee of $41.115 to cover accomodation, transportation and training but you must get your own food yourself. That is pretty cheap. Even with feeding costs added its much cheaper than NCAT which costs 7.5million naira. The only price you have to pay is that you have to be serious when you come ere and dont let anybody boss over you. Aside that its a wonderful place. Im currently there now and in two days tome i'll be going for my instrument rating checkride. Pls pray for me.

I thank God i've finally made it to the right hand side of Nairaland!!@iwhiwhu81 and all could you please share with us all what the training is like at RFCtheir saftey record, living conditions, student visa access and the like...av browsed thru their website, they look convincing, but you never know....there are tons of scam pilot skools out there in the u,s, and av learnt of all sort of stringent conditions and contracts at RFC thru the amebo PPRUNE forum...is their $41k + ME and CPL or just for PPLDo you know any1 here i 9ja who graduated form there now working for aero, overland , arik and co as advertised on their website...loads of questions, i know..keep the posts rolling airmen!!!one love!!!
Re: Pilot Career by ohnaigee(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
flyforall: [color=#006600]250 hour licensed Nigerian pilot here
i have a transport Canada and NCAA license
it wasn't easy to get my CPL/ME/IFR but i got it against the odds
Now i've been looking for employment since September 2011
i earnestly and seriously need help, My IFR is due for renewal in September 2013
@NigerianPilotsAssociation i tried to videocall via skype during the interview
I sent you guys a message on facebook though.
I know aviation is more of luck, politics and timing but
Any Nigerian pilot who can help me feel free to mail me
Hey check this out
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/I-have-B737-classic-line-2080593.S.275009928?qid=8773d474-daaf-4f76-8dc8-89e66a442d5c&trk=groups_items_see_more-0-b-ttl
Re: Pilot Career by ohnaigee(m): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
hi @all check out this ad with aero...200hrs min

Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hmn
Re: Pilot Career by kazyhm(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
I av read so much ryt 4rm my kindergarten, still reading, got so many video tutorials, lot of approach, lotz of mail sent, got admission bt sponsorship nt. Yet available ooooo
Still hoping sha
This country make u feel as if u r lazy or something
Graduate( surveying and geoinformatics engineering(geomatics engineering))
Information is the key
I tot I'm d only one agaist d world sha
Join here dis year
Got so many like minded
I ll keep visiting
I still believe is gonna happen, anyway

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by Daniel2802(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2014
Is this thread still alive
Re: Pilot Career by Generaloluseye: 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Daniel2802:
Is this thread still alive
a new comment in a long tym. Lets re activate it guys
Re: Pilot Career by Daniel2802(m): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2014
Am an aspiring pilot. We need to revive this thread oh.
Re: Pilot Career by Damsifrank: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2014
Daniel2802:
Am an aspiring pilot. We need to revive this thread oh.

yea, i second the motion, the thread need to come back to life.

Atlantic aviation has started recruiting cadets pilots for their operations. Guess bristow helicopter will do same before the year runs out. So everyone should be on alert
Re: Pilot Career by Generaloluseye: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2014
I think with all the method that these heli companies recruits leaves one in out about the trustworthiness of their recruitment agencies. This is as a result of the experience in global profilers. I think the best bet is to look for sponsorship and go to flight school in zaria or ilorin
Re: Pilot Career by Daniel2802(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
Generaloluseye:
I think with all the method that these heli companies recruits leaves one in out about the trustworthiness of their recruitment agencies. This is as a result of the experience in global profilers. I think the best bet is to look for sponsorship and go to flight school in zaria or ilorin
In my own opinion, I will prefer someone to train outside Nigeria preferably South Africa because the cost of Nigerian flight schools are higher.
Re: Pilot Career by Damsifrank: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Generaloluseye:

How easy is it to get sponsorship this days when airline companies refuse to consider you even when you approach them with admission letter from an aviation school and states governments only sponsor those people who have connection in the government, so those who have no one in the government are left to source for funds else where which i can say is not easy to get.

@ Generaloluseye, did you also apply to Atlantic Aviation for the cadet pilot position?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pilot Career by Generaloluseye: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Damsifrank:

How easy is it to get sponsorship this days when airline companies refuse to consider you even when you approach them with admission letter from an aviation school and states governments only sponsor those people who have connection in the government, so those who have no one in the government are left to source for funds else where which i can say is not easy to get.

@ Generaloluseye, did you also apply to Atlantic Aviation for the cadet pilot position?
yes oh i did. I am just praying for more to come up. It would ve been better if they had not given it to global profilers. I even have one admission letter with me now and i ve been to lots of airline in Nigeria. Only arik responded positively but they re just posting me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.