Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Pilot Career - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72537 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by okikiosibodu(m): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
sugah:

No it is not compulsory to have a Bsc as a professional pilot. But depending on the career growth he wants (i.e if he wishes to be a management staff), he might want to get a Bsc/Msc after the licenses by doing an online course if necessary.
Pls kindly reply your email
Re: Pilot Career by sugah: 6:59am On Aug 26, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Pls kindly reply your email
I practically have my hands full atm. Wildo eventually.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by Boeing777pilot: 8:53am On Aug 26, 2016
sugah:
I practically have my hands full atm. Wildo eventually.
The crew are waiting for you on the other thread o
Re: Pilot Career by okikiosibodu(m): 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
pilot77:
Thank God for nairaland.
I recently applied for pilot training at bristow and i am getting fed up of waiting.i was just saying to a friend of mine that i wish i know whether or not they(bristow) have done the selection process and then i decided to search for bristow on nairaland and i see about 3different threads on flying.i can hardly believe my eyes and my luck.
I have read through the comments here and would like to thank everyone who has contributed,it has been comforting to me.
I noticed that RDV mentioned Jide Adebayo-i happen to know his sister in law and if you are with bristow you may also know captain Oni.

i have been interested in flying for about 6years now .where havent i gone or written to ;i went to zaria,went to my local government for sponsorship,wrote to 43 air,wrote to embry riddle,wrote to another one in australia-basair,went to bellview,tried maersk air and then when i wanted to apply to bristow they were only interested in pilots with a PPL.

at that point, after trying really hard i gave up and got a regular job with hopes that i would save for a PPL-story.it was still too expensive.
i applied again recently to bristow and God i am so anxious.it feels like my last hope.if i don't get taken i'll just go and do one of those one hour helicopter jolly rides that claim to add to flight hours-i am consoling myself eii.

i am trying to keep hope alive,i am just tired.RDV,pilot77 etc if you work in bristow can u please confirm if candidates have already been chosen for the test-that would really help my state of mind.
thanks a lot.
@shushu
I'll say hang in there.I did go through the Bristow Selection Processin 2001 (i just turned 24 then)and i was selected but i had to wait for 3 years which was a very harrowing experience, In 2004,i saw an advert on the newspapers and i called up the Ops Manager who is known to Wham and i asked him what about me,he said i should call him every 3 weeks,wjich i did.Little did i know that i was digging my own pit.A few months later,the guy told me that he was dropping my name off the list as i was disturbing him.So please,just keep Calm.I know most Bristow Pilots as my Dad worked with Shell PH and i used to spend most of my time at the Heliport.But here i am today,preparing for my Professional Pilots Licence.The short of my story is that you can make it without Bristow.Trust me you can.If you are still in Aberdeen,u can take up some flying lessons durring the Spring/Summer and then apply to Aero Contrators .
You can send me ur email address and i'll mail you with some info.You truly can make it if you are determined
Re: Pilot Career by deolutolu(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gud evening. I must say I stumbled on this thread by luck. Am an aspiring aircraft maintenance engineer. I need advice on aircraft maintenance training in canada.
Re: Pilot Career by armstin: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
STUDY PILOTING! THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE INTEREST IN PILOTING IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES USA, GEORGIA AND U.K WITH JOB OFFER AFTER YOU BECOME A PILOT. CONTACT +7 930 859-75-22 OR 07030285286.
Re: Pilot Career by okikiosibodu(m): 2:30am On Dec 26, 2019
I wish this thread can come back to life
Re: Pilot Career by okikiosibodu(m): 2:32am On Dec 26, 2019
Damsifrank:

well i guess Atlantic Aviation don't want to go through the stress of the recruitment process that's why it was given to global Profiler to handle it on their behalf unlike Bristow that conduct it themselves. Unfortunately very few companies place advert for Cadet opening positions though i learn't they all do have cadets in training but it's usually done discretely

We just hope more opportunities come up soonest.
Compliments of the season
Any openings you know of (rotatary or fixed wings)?
Re: Pilot Career by Damsifrank: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Most Airline don't run cadet program anymore.

okikiosibodu:

Compliments of the season
Any openings you know of (rotatary or fixed wings)?
Re: Pilot Career by okikiosibodu(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Damsifrank:

Most Airline don't run cadet program anymore.

Sighs... When will people like us see that light that is at the end of the tunnel? Cos even scholarship that would have helped out, politicians that can afford it, keep putting their children in the limited slots. Indeed, fingers are not equal.
*sobs*
I don't mind if you holla at me, when you come across something that might me of significance

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.