Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi (3519 Views)

Enhancing Diversification: NEXIM Bank Tenders $1.3bn Loan To Nigerian Exporters / Nigeria Signs $3.7b Coal Mining And Power Plant / Governor Fashola Signs $3 Billion Dollar Lagos Budget 2011 Into Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Rhino5dm: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
mekaboy: [s]Well dangote has jst signed the loan he has started nothing yet, I am sure he will want to be sure of the political direction of the country before he proceeds.

He knows what politics is all about and the effect it has on business, he wld not be where he is today without politics.

And for those of you who cannot argue logically or know nothing about business management and project management, you are the ones quick to insult people.

I will suggest you go and read books or do research. If you argument is going to be based or region ethnicity or insults, then we r certainly not on the same level[/s].

[img]http://dont-tread-on.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/normal_idiots1.jpg[/img]
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Covenant Ground Refinery Ltd.

Covenant Ground Refinery Project – OK Free Trade Zone

OK Free Trade Zone

The OK Free Trade Zone (OKFTZ or the Zone) is a fully integrated state-of-the-art industrial zone. The OKFTZ provides access roads, general services, and utilities to companies. The Zone is less than 100 km from Lagos and is easily accessible by road, air, and water. The large sea front offers easy access to the deep sea port. The OKFTZ deep sea port acts as a gateway to and from Nigeria, serving as an alternative to the congested Port of Lagos.

The OKFTZ provides a wide range of financial benefits including no taxes, levies, or duties. The foreign exchange regulations do not apply here and there is a 100% exemption of VAT and withholding taxes. Exemption from import and export taxes including construction materials is also part of the OKFTZ’s appeal. The tax benefits can represent a savings of up to 35% on a project resulting in a saving of more than 100 times the cost of the land.

The OKFTZ is managed and developed by OKFTZ Enterprise, a Public-Private Partnership composed by Ondo and Ogun state and IPEM (International Port Engineering and Management). IPEM is a specialized European engineering and investment company, specializing in greenfield developments of port related infrastructure and Free Trade Zones.

Covenant Ground Refinery Project – OK Free Trade Zone

The Oil economy the world over is a capital intensive and technology driven business where only formidable, well focused, and properly motivated organizations can play a formidable role in the exploration or production of petroleum products. This role is what motivates Covenant Ground Group’s flag ship subsidiary Covenant Ground Refinery Limited. The company is organized to be among the first privately owned refineries to successfully plan, build and operate in Nigeria and is jointly owned by the Ondo State Government, which holds a marginal equity of 5%. Covenant Ground Refinery Limited is structured as a Hi-Tech Modular Integrated Crude Oil Refining Facility rated to operate at a full capacity of 150,000 barrels per day. The refinery is designed to produce multiple primary products which would include: Premium Motor Spirit (P.M.S), Automotive Gas Oil (A.G.O), Dual Purpose Kerosene (D.P.K) / Jet fuel (, (JP-A), LPG, Naphtha and Hydro-Heater.

The facility would include a fertilizer – processing unit, producing Ammonia and Urea; and Asphalt. The proposed location for the Covenant Ground Group Refinery is in Olokola Free Trade Zone ,Olokola (OKFTZ) Ondo State, South West Nigeria on a 150 acre parcel of land within the oil and gas logistics base of OKFTZ .

The Covenant Ground Refinery Ltd, refinery project is to be located in the OKFTZ. It is an essential project for Nigeria to help the economy produce fuel products internally and reduce the national deficit by reducing oil product imports. This low complexity, 25,000 BPD Nigerian crude project with 6,000 BPD gasoline reformer (expandable to 150,000 BPD with 36,000 BPD gasoline) will improve the supply requirements of Nigeria. The product slate consists of one grade of motor gasoline (regular unleaded MOGASRON 90), dual purpose kerosene (DPK)/Jet fuel, AGO diesel, and fuel oil (long residue). The guidelines for this project will be comparable to any similar worldwide project in the industry with regards to safety quality and environmental requirements.

http://covenantgroundrefinery.tumblr.com/post/388310401/covenant-ground-refinery-project-ok-free-trade-zone
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by nedu666: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
the more u look the less u see. i have few questions

1. will the cable importing fuel give way to dangote

2. will govt subsidise dangote and neglect importers

i ask these questions because i dont think pausity of funds is why we dont have functional refineries rather it is vested interest and for dangote to succed he must be ready to fight these interests. which frankly speaking i dont see how he will pull that one.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
nedu666: [s]the more u look the less u see. i have few questions

i ask these questions because i dont think pausity of funds is why we dont have functional refineries rather it is vested interest and for dangote to succed he must be ready to fight these interests. which frankly speaking i dont see how he will pull that one.
[/s]

This is the ibo in you talking so STFU. You are irrelevant, your village is irrelevant.

Worry about your village with zero investments and bleak future..

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Rhino5dm: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
nedu666: the more u look the less u see. i have few questions

DANGOTE IS the No.1 CABAL. - QED (Solved within secs)

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by omonnakoda: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2013

Do you want to phone Dangote and advise him before he makes a terrible investment blunder
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2013

We don't have refineries because the government is not good at running money making ventures. Eg: Nigeria Airways, Nigeria National shipping Line, Nigeria Railway Corporation, Ajaokuta Steel Mill, the list is endless. Why should they succeed in running refineries if they have never succeeded in running anything else?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

DANGOTE IS the No.1 CABAL. - QED (Solved within secs)

How dumb and clueless not to know. Dangote didn't become the richest African man by playing boyscout.. grin
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Akanbiedu(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
I don't know why it feels like mekaboy is the same as Nairaland's colossus, alj harem.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

1- There is crude in ONDO state and LAGOS state #FACT

2 - India has more than 100 refineries without single drop of crude oil, yet.

3 - Die 7 times and 29 times, your region CAN'T and WIL NEVER attract 9 billion dollars investment.

4 - SOUTH WEST is the best of best.

SAI SOUTH WEST!!!

We already attract billions yearly. Just ask shell and chevron. You will be quite surprised
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Rhino5dm: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

How dumb and clueless not to know. Dangote didn't become the richest African man by playing boyscout.. grin

You know our brothers are only good at whining all night long or issuing worthless ultimatum. smh
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Rhino5dm: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

We already attract billions yearly. Just ask shell and chevron. You will be quite surprised

Which one is the WE? I hope you don't mean the fraudulent SS + SE, cos everybody dey answer him papa name - #TheEndTimeThings
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Aigbofa:

We don't have refineries because the government is not good at running money making ventures. Eg: Nigeria Airways, Nigeria National shipping Line, Nigeria Railway Corporation, Ajaokuta Steel Mill, the list is endless. Why should they succeed in running refineries if they have never succeeded in running anything else?

Please educate the kids on this forum . The Nigeria, I grew up in as kid was filled with government companies. They all went belly up and their employees and mangers became civil service millionaires. None of the companies ever made money. Their graveyards are littered over the whole country.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

Who is we? Abi shell and chevron don begin investing in kidnapping and other anti social vices? grin

Btw, the investments abi investors no get names? grin
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Which one is the WE? I hope you don't mean the fraudulent SS + SE, cos everybody dey answer him papa name - #TheEndTimeThings

Urhobo wadoo, I speak for myself.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by mekaboy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2013

The investment is a good one, and who knows maybe the subsidy will eventually be removed before the refinery is done. Now this investment is aimed at refining atleast 50% of crude oil gotten from the whole country to be able to break even and make profit.

In a case where things go wrong in 2015, and the niger delta oil supply is no more, this refinery will have to start drilling for oil in lagos and ondo, laying pipes for distribution which will take more time and money.

Now oil in lagos and ondo alone will be less than 5% of Nigeria's oil, this means that the over $9b investment will operate at 5% capacity, and might not recover the capital in 200years to come.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

You know our brothers are only good at whining all night long or issuing worthless ultimatum. smh

Sometimes I feel sorry for them because showing up all the time to render their hatred and bad bele routine is really not bad bele or hating, they are basically exposing their pain, sorrow and sadness because they are getting left behind every hour and everyday. They are in pain for real grin
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

Abeg name the investments and the investors.. grin
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Rhino5dm: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

Ose migwor cool. . .That bittered fella is from south east, you should know say I no mean south south. Haba habatically!! South South na baba na cheesy

Having worked on more than 10 billion dollars projects in south south within the last 7 years, I should know better cheesy cool
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Who is we? Abi shell and chevron don begin investing in kidnapping and other anti social vices? grin

Btw, the investments abi investors no get names? grin

You are smart enough to know, of the $9B, invested in Nigeria last year, how much went in to oil and gas
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Ose migwor cool. . .That bittered fella is from south east, you should know say I no mean south south. Haba habatically!! South South na baba na cheesy

Having worked on more than 10 billion dollars projects in south south within the last 7 years, I should know better cheesy cool

At least you acknowledge working on $10B projects in the southsouth. You have made my case. Thanks again.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

You are smart enough to know, of the $9B, invested in Nigeria last year, how much went in to oil and gas

Abeg no dey bother me with general platitudes, na name of the investments and investors I ask for.. grin
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
mekaboy:

The investment is a good one, and who knows maybe the subsidy will eventually be removed before the refinery is done. Now this investment is aimed at refining atleast 50% of crude oil gotten from the whole country to be able to break even and make profit.

In a case where things go wrong in 2015, and the niger delta oil supply is no more, this refinery will have to start drilling for oil in lagos and ondo, laying pipes for distribution which will take more time and money.

Now oil in lagos and ondo alone will be less than 5% of Nigeria's oil, this means that the over $9b investment will operate at 5% capacity, and might not recover the capital in 200years to come.

Ondo produces 800,000 barrels of oil per day and Dangote needs just about half of that to stay in business....

He sited his business in Ondo state for a reason grin

Try harder with your doomsday nonsense.. grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Abeg no dey bother me with general platitudes, na name of the investments and investors I ask for.. grin

No need wasting time. There are no investments, no wahala.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Rhino5dm: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

At least you acknowledge working on $10B projects in the southsouth. You have made my case. Thanks again.

. . .But bros I mean collectively oooo. no single project wey reach 9 billion dollars wey I know ooooooooooo.May be you can helep me out small. cool
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:

No need wasting time. There are no investments, no wahala.

Thanks for letting me know you are a lair and that you are full of shittt grin
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Ondo produces 800,000 barrels of oil per day and Dangote needs just about half of that to stay in business....

Whoa, whoa, Nigeria produces 2.4 million barrels per day. So Ondo produces 33% of Nigeria'S crude, yet collect less than Edo from the derivation fund OMO UNA TOO MUCH. Do you just pull this crap from planet pluto or what

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Thanks for letting me know you are a lair and that you are full of shittt grin

Read your post and see the liar. 800,000 barrels You know, that is the total suppply of shell from Nigeria. You probably don't even know.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by mekaboy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Lol, its not about doomsday, its the political situation on ground that I am accessing, dangote shld pray gej wins or that the niger delta pple are jst making empty threats incase he looses in 2015 and power goes back to the north.

If things go wrong even though we pray it does not. Ondo and lagos oil alone cannot sustain that investment.

The main source of the oil which dangote aims to refine is in the niger delta, this is why he was bidding for the shell oil blocks located in southern niger delta.

Do some research bro. If things go wrong in 2015, trust me, the oil in lagos and ondo state will not be enough to generate electricity to power the refinery talkless of refining crude.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

yes accepted but ondo state is no mans land it is the igbos that developed ondo

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by atlwireles: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

. . .But bros I mean collectively oooo. no single project wey reach 9 billion dollars wey I know ooooooooooo.May be you can helep me out small. cool

Going by your post, you are involved in the oil and gas sector. Please, can you advice this forum, the average number of crude barrels produced in Ondo.
Re: Dangote Signs $3.3bn Loan Agreement To Build Africa’s Biggest Petrochemical & Oi by agbameta: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
atlwireles:
[s]
Whoa, whoa, Nigeria produces 2.4 million barrels per day. So Ondo produces 33% of Nigeria'S crude, yet collect less than Edo from the derivation fund OMO UNA TOO MUCH. Do you just pull this crap from planet pluto or what[/s]

According to the people, Ondo State currently produces over 20 per cent of the total oil production in the country, citing the recent statistics which shows that the various oil companies operating in the state produce over 800,000 barrels of oil per day.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/scrap-niger-delta-ministry-ondo-oil-communities-tell-fg/

STFU and give me list and names of your village investments and investors grin..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. / Uruguay Bids Farewell To Jose Mujica (world's Poorest President) / Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.