Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch (12726 Views)

Presidency Denies Placing Tinubu Under Security Watch / Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / Patience's Visit - Port-Harcourt Residents Groan Under Security Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Presidency places Atiku, Baraje, other PDP faction leaders under security watch

The presidency wants a heads up on the next game plan of the dissident PDP members.

President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered round-the-clock security surveillance on leaders of the breakaway faction of the Peoples Democratic Party led by Abubakar Baraje, in an extensive effort to foil the group’s activities and ensure its members do not launch a parallel office as planned.

Security officials told PREMIUM TIMES that the government, severely embarrassed by Saturday’s walkout by seven PDP governors from the party’s convention and the subsequent inauguration of a parallel leadership of the party, was poised to undermine the group’s plans and bring its leaders under check.

The central objective of the surveillance, our source said on Tuesday, would be to detect and disrupt the unveiling of a new headquarters for the party.

The new faction of the party is headed by Mr. Baraje, a former acting chairman of the PDP, and is backed by seven governors, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, and several federal lawmakers.

“While the security agents are determined to stop Baraje and his people from opening any new office, the group on the other hand is determined to beat the security, and hoist their flags and possibly get a picture of the place widely circulated before the security people know what is going on,” a top security official said on Tuesday.

The splitting of the PDP, the latest in a series of the party’s troubles, deepened on Tuesday after efforts at reconciliation failed. A planned meeting on Tuesday to continue with talks was rescheduled, indicating the crisis would continue.

Mr. Baraje had told PREMIUM TIMES of the group’s plan to open a parallel secretariat on Tuesday. He said the secretariat was ready and that it was now been equipped with “the needed paraphernalia of office”.

He however declined to provide the exact address of the new secretariat, saying that would be contained in the invitation to be sent out to journalists later on Tuesday.

Other party officials said that was ostensibly to dodge any security interest, to allow the defiant party members launch the office, and in the least, hoist the party’s flag and take photographs.

Our sources say the government plans to disrupt any planned inauguration of the secretariat is a move reminiscent of the government’s response to a similar crisis in 2006.

Our source said currently some kind of “cat and mouse game” was ongoing between the officials and security agents.

Part of the president’s directive is for government operatives to monitor telephone calls, and meetings of the respective officials.

In 2006, as with the present split, the PDP broke into two formidable groups, each operating from separate secretariats.

On June 9, 2006, a group led by the party’s founding chairman, Solomon Lar, and a former Deputy National Chairman, Shuaib Oyedokun, had broken away to form a parallel faction after accusing the then Ahmadu Ali-led leadership of sidelining many leading founding members.

The group then proceeded to open a new secretariat: a one-storey building of four flats lavishly decorated with flags of the party located in the Jabi District of Abuja.

The development terribly rattled then President Olusegun Obasanjo who promptly deployed security agents to forcefully seal the parallel secretariat.

By the following day, the Nigerian Police had closed the new secretariat and stationed 20 of its men at the complex to prevent members of the Lar group from gaining entry.

The then Commissioner, Federal Capital Territory’s Police Command, Lawrence Alobi, explained at the time that his men were asked to seal the secretariat to forestall an outbreak of violence.

The development terribly irked the Lar group and sparked off a war of words between the two camps.

The Lar group asked the then Inspector General of Police, Sunday Ehindero, to withdraw his men from its secretariat, threatening that it would forcefully chase the Ali-led group away from the Wadata Plaza national secretariat of the party if the police failed to allow it to operate from the Mabushi secretariat.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/144081-presidency-places-atiku-baraje-pdp-faction-leaders-security-watch.html
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by egift(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
This type of yeye propaganda doesn't work again. The Kindergarten Presidency should tell us something else.

Atiku, OBJ and even Amaechi is slapping him left and right while he is still on his kneels - and you are here feeding us sawed gist.

Even Abati and Okupe have gone into hiding. Abeg tell us something else, before we follow slap you. grin

11 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
egift: This type of yeye propaganda doesn't work again. The Kindergarten Presidency should tell us something else.

Atiku, OBJ and even Amaechi is slapping left and right while still on his kneels - and you are here feeding us sawed gist.

Even Abati and Okupe have gone into hiding. Abeg tell us something else, before we follow slap you. grin

Okay go ahead and open a new headquarters let us see

15 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Confusionist(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls, i'm a bit confused here:

Did the report say the president made them his security to watch over aso rock? grin

Abi what is security watch?
Is it some kind of a wrist watch?

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by egift(m): 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
chukwudi44: Okay go ahead and open a new headquarters let us see
They are walking out on him, you are here "upping the game" grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by chukel(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
Chukwudi is a big daft. All diz rants, r dy to portray ur principal in a good light or to further discredit him? Like many have said, Gej's major issue lies wit illiterates like u hovering around denting his name in d name of ass-licking. Wat goes around cums around. He allowed jang's faction of NGF run a separate secretarite. Nw he is jittery over d new faction of pdp running a separate secretariate. Sincere nigerian, do u remember ur topic about amaechi bringing home ant infested woods? I tink u shud change it to Gej.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Kanwulia: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
The toothless bulldog . . . keeps showing GUMS only!!!! cheesy

THE CIVILIZED PART OF PDP shows the world HOW TO PRACTICE DEMOCRACY WITHOUT VIOLENCE!!!!

ATIKUUUUU. . . I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THEE!!!!

The dangers of marrying an MGBEKE illiterate are indeed NUMEROUS!!!! grin

[size=20pt]NIGERIA PRACTICES AND PERFECTS THE ART OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE!!!![/size]

TRIBUTE TO ABOKI!!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKPKKe4ibNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIkX93kmRzo

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Tolexander: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
I forsee them being NAMAed in few days time.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Kanwulia: 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
I LOVE NORTHERNERS!!!!! grin

[size=20pt]I LOVE JEREMIAH GYANG!!!! KUANU ALLA-H BIKO NU!!! ESSSSSSE GAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! WAZOBIA FOR EVER!!!!

cool cool cool cool cool

JOIN THE WINNING TEAM!!!!!
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvG9lQQE0Yk&list=PL2EE256C840E902CC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DAsLoz0MRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGnHLai-w6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KGq879pu0&list=PL98CF718A9392A67C

[size=20pt]WHERE IS EDO STATE? WHERE IS KASSIM AFEGBUA WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

KASSIM!
KASSIM!
KASSIM!

Wey my phone?
angry angry angry angry angry
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
You do not want your name to be Jonthan at this time. Jonathan is taking a beating. The only way out is to reconcile with Amaechi. Amaechi is the only person that can stop the rot at this time.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by tomakint: 1:21am On Sep 05, 2013
egift:

'Walking out on him'? Who tells you he needs them (the defectors) in the first place, he is interested in monitoring so as not to constitute security threats as you know the bulk of these clowns are 'Funky Mallams'!

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 05, 2013
chukel: Chukwudi is a big daft. All diz rants, r dy to portray ur principal in a good light or to further discredit him? Like many have said, Gej's major issue lies wit illiterates like u hovering around denting his name in d name of ass-licking. Wat goes around cums around. He allowed jang's faction of NGF run a separate secretarite. Nw he is jittery over d new faction of pdp running a separate secretariate. Sincere nigerian, do u remember ur topic about amaechi bringing home ant infested woods? I tink u shud change it to Gej.

Mumu can't you read? Am I the one who wrote this news report?
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 05, 2013
payless: You do not want your name to be Jonthan at this time. Jonathan is taking a beating. The only way out is to reconcile with Amaechi. Amaechi is the only person that can stop the rot at this time.

This crisis has got nothing to do with amaechi.It is simply because they North wants to come back to power.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 05, 2013
chukwudi44:

Mumu can't you read? Are my the one who wrote this news report?

I guess you must have learned English Language from She-popotamus or He-popotamus.

"Are my" WRONG

Am I ..... RIGHT

7 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by egift(m): 4:00am On Sep 05, 2013
chukwudi44:

This crisis has got nothing to do with amaechi.It is simply because they North wants to come back to power.

Believe me Chukwudi 4-40. Governor Amaechi is the only one capable of helping Jonathan as things stand now. Here is why:
1. Jonathan's unnecessary aggression towards Gov. Amaechi is one of the reasons the New PDP is putting forward to maintain a good PR.
2. Reconciling with Amaechi is a practical example that he will not be hostile to other Governors (a step towards a peaceful unification).
3. Governor Amaechi is an insider and also maintain a cordial relationship with the opposition - if he put in a for him it will mean a lot.

(There are over 10 good reasons. But I don't advise the kindergarten Presidency). When Atiku is done with him, memory of 2015 will be a thing of the past.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Kanwulia: 4:03am On Sep 05, 2013
Why the PHOCK should AMAECHI help HOEnathan? undecided
After the insult from that USSSSSSSSSSSELESS PATIENCE?
Amaechi would be the BIGGEST FOOL THAT EVER DIED IN PIECES!

AMAECHI. . .DO NOT GO BACK!!!! MAKE SURE YOU SECURE A POSITION THAT WILL LAST YOU THE NEXT 8 YEARS TO OUTLIVE JONATHAN!!! kiss

Back to my sweeeeeeeet work jare!
My H-AGNOSTIC GAWD bless my H-AMERICAN PASSPORT ALWAYS!!! cool
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by 3ace(m): 5:25am On Sep 05, 2013
It will take a long time before do or die politics is eradicated from our system. What happened to freedom of expression?
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by rooftech: 5:30am On Sep 05, 2013
if jona is not careful,atiku will pursue them from his house.wadata plaza before the week runs out.
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 05, 2013
egift:

Believe me Chukwudi 4-40. Governor Amaechi is the only one capable of helping Jonathan as things stand now. Here is why:
1. Jonathan's unnecessary aggression towards Gov. Amaechi is one of the reasons the New PDP is putting forward to maintain a good PR.
2. Reconciling with Amaechi is a practical example that he will not be hostile to other Governors (a step towards a peaceful unification).
3. Governor Amaechi is an insider and also maintain a cordial relationship with the opposition - if he put in a for him it will mean a lot.

(There are over 10 good reasons. But I don't advise the kindergarten Presidency). When Atiku is done with him, memory of 2015 will be a thing of the past.

God bless Nigeria.

Bros this crisis is ethnic in origin.Whether he reconciles with Amaechi or not ,the crisis will continue.You think it is a co-incvidence that 95% of the Governors,senators and rep members involved in these are from the north?

Atiku can do nada.I think GEj has given up on negotiations and is now wants to play dirty,let's see who gets hurt.
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by softwareman(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros this crisis is ethnic in origin.Whether he reconciles with Amaechi or not ,the crisis will continue.You think it is a co-incvidence that 95% of the Governors,senators and rep members involved in these are from the north?

Atiku can do nada.I think GEj has given up on negotiations and is now wants to play dirty,let's see who gets hurt.
If the crisis is ethnic in nature, then what is shema from katsina state doing on Jonathan's side. Why is namadi sambo and tukur etc on Jonathan's side.
If you say it is ethnic that most of the governors against jonathan are from the north, would it not also be ethnic that most of the governors supporting jonathan are from the south?
when will you jonathonians realise that this ethic / religious card is counter productive? jonathan is already in a mess. You guys are only making it MESSIER!

5 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by omenka(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2013
Antics of a drowning man... cry
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by dridowu: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2013
The more he placed them under security watch, the more crisis engulf feedeefee, which i am in support of d crisis.
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by figment232(m): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2013
payless: You do not want your name to be Jonthan at this time. Jonathan is taking a beating. The only way out is to reconcile with Amaechi. Amaechi is the only person that can stop the rot at this time.
AMAECHI IS AN IGNORAMUS
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by chukel(m): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2013
Viewing this topic: chukel(m), chukwudi44 grin
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 06, 2013
egift:

Look at their greedy, scheming, conniving faces. A congregation of Judases and Brutuses. Only nitwits would think these characters represent a better alternative to the status quo.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Lordwize(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2013
egift: This type of yeye propaganda doesn't work again. The Kindergarten Presidency should tell us something else.

Atiku, OBJ and even Amaechi is slapping him left and right while he is still on his kneels - and you are here feeding us sawed gist.

You mean to write soured?
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by Stillemma: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2013
I would ve prefered them 2 place BH and d invisible Fulani herdsmen under security watch.they take action wen it affect thier selfish ambition,nt wen d masses r affected.pls lets key in n vote them out,so dat they wil knw we have a say in dis country.thank u!
Re: Atiku, Baraje, Others Under Security Watch by nerodenero: 9:56am On Sep 06, 2013
Thought the Presidency said OBJ is the brain behind the faction and his name is missing from those under security surveillance. This dude is a joke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Arrives Bauchi State / FG Partners Horasis Zenera Consulting To Attract 500 Investors To Nigeria / FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.