Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? (13531 Views)

Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / What Can You Never Forgive Your Parent For? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by bootlegaz: 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nigerians are getting wiser from reactions of responders. Say no to gullible! !!
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by victorazy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
acidosis™:

Best response so far..

This is about following the pathway of God.

The poster shouldn't have compared 'Pastors' with 'Parents' especially when the issue isn't about GOD..

thanks!
U know no say so many ppl lack common sense and dats why my mom like me cuz I have sense grin my grandma call me "my husband", my dad call me "friend"

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by ifeegee(f): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bizibi: nairaland is a no go area fr advice kai,some advice can make one commit suicide

You can as well get a life changing advice.It's a two way traffic .
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
ighoosagie: life is 2 state in nija.
1. PH- per head.
2. OYO- on your own.
3. In omawumi voice " if u ask me; na who I go ask"

Seriously learning is always my hobby, I can submit n adhere 2 anyone's advice regardless of status n age. #team open minded#

D only advice I hate is dat arranging nija girl marriage talk frm most mumsy
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Erukuomoibadan: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
My babalawo of course
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
anonimi: I believe it is useful to consider the words of Jesus Christ, whom we are trying to emulate as CHRISTians, in responding to this thread:

In short the pastors' equivalent (Pharisees & scribes) encouraged people to give them things that they could have given their parents. By so doing they were negating Moses' commandment.
They did other similar things.

So can a Christian child take a marriage counsel of his drunkard father who married 3 wives?

...all cos God says honour your father and your mother?

Don't you know the meaning of Honour?

Lol... on judgement day, people's eyes go red pass hot charcoal..

Do you know the number of disciples that left their family Completely to follow JESUS?

Are you aware some persons left their job to follow Jesus?

Are you aware the great Apostle Paul abandoned his ungodly family Completely ONLY because of the gospel??

Do you know the initial crowd that followed Jesus for bread, manna and miracle but when Jesus told them TO follow him and abandon their brother, sister, job, relative, Almost ALL the miracle seeking crowd pulled back.. and only 12 out of thousands vowed to follow him...??

Do you even know what it takes to make heaven?

You think you can love your father more than Jesus and still make heaven? lol

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by fxman62: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
I listen to both for one is my natural father while the other is my spiritual father. Which I advise do I take? The one that agrees with the word of God as contained in the Holy Bible.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by olempe(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
Spiritual advice is different from parental advice...

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by nora544: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
baby_123: Use your own head and do what makes sense to you when you have considered all the factors and advices. Even some parents manipulate their kids for their own benefit. And not the child's benefit. Pastor should only present the religious aspect, parents the cultural/ moral. You the final decision. God gave you a brain for a reason. cheers.

You can listen to your parents but i can tell you sometimes parents could want something what is not what you want also and somtimes they can destroy your futur.

The best is always to use the own head and when you feel you have to go this way than go it, it is your life

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by omiobo: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
That a technical question for me. In the absence of my father who is alive but failed to carry out his responsibilities,I listen to my pastor because he is my father in the lord.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by adconline(m): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
I would have preffered to listen to my Imam or Pastor, but they didn't raise me or pay my school fees.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by DJDOLA(m): 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Indeed! Are you expecting God to talk to you directly? wa pe mbe!! grin
a de pe mbe loto

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by DJDOLA(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
acidosis™:

So can a Christian child take a marriage counsel of his drunkard father who married 3 wives?

...all cos God says honour your father and your mother?

Don't you know the meaning of Honour?

Lol... on judgement day, people's eyes go red pass hot charcoal..

Do you know the number of disciples that left their family Completely to follow JESUS?

Are you aware some persons left their job to follow Jesus?

Are you aware the great Apostle Paul abandoned his ungodly family Completely ONLY because of the gospel??

Do you know the initial crowd that followed Jesus for bread, manna and miracle but when Jesus told them TO follow him and abandon their brother, sister, job, relative, Almost ALL the miracle seeking crowd pulled back.. and only 12 out of thousands vowed to follow him...??

Do you even know what it takes to make heaven?

You think you can love your father more than Jesus and still make heaven? lol
read d topic mr man....they said pastor or parent not jesus or parent...abi when did pastors turn 2 jesus

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rexphobia: I prefer my opinion... Life na per head. A personal something.

Why not pray about a dicey issue and get a divine revelation.

Why depend on mere mortals
simple English language question.your parents or your pastor,here you are giving us jamboree answer mr itk
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by decepticos(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
none, opinnions r invited but its my life, my will and my way.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by lainex(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
My parent of course pastor way neva settle him or her house finish. Make one person come destroy life call himself pastor. God dey guide everyone of us I believe in ma prayers alone not one useless person way call himself pastor come dey do one kind.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by dnawah(m): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lakotai: In now a days Nigeria, people tend to listen to pastors, bishops, prophets than their parent...

Its becoming an issue worth discussing.

That is why I want to hear your own opinion,
Pastor or Parent, whose Advise do you prefer?
i give myself advice,base on other people experiences.i no get pastor,no papa and my mama dey far 4rm me.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by ibkgab001: 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
None of the above .. Destiny sure pass!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Tayeni(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
sure way: Your pastor will use ur case as an lnstance during Sermon...
your parent will never try to bring your case to the public...does this answer ur question?
so true. Pastors' mouths leak than old baskets wen they r on d pulpit.....whatever happened to d words "confidential" and "privacy". Word of advice, If you wanna keep a secret, never let a pastor advice you on a matter you consider private.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Emilord(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bleep all the fake pastors!i aint listen to any of them
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
e get one girl for my street I don dey eye since, so I'll rather listen to pastor Biodun's opinion
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Tayeni(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
acidosis™:

t takes to make heaven?
so can a xtian brother go to a pastor for advice......wen d pple he gave advice to last week are d subjects of his sermon the next Sunday?
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by andy24(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
I would listen to both of them and act on my own decision.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by dayo20002002: 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
There are pastors out of pastors. Some pastors are indeed a shephered and they can go extra mile to seek the face of God on one behalf. They have a heart for their sheep and provide a strong spiritual covering for their members that parents might not be able to provide.Once a member has issue they do everything humanly and spiritually to solve it.Parents role is distinct well and they could be limited in giving some concrete advice especially if they are not versatile enough.Just pray that God will put a man after his heart as your pastor and bless you with an understanbale parents that they can all complement each other and their advice will not be at contract to each other
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Mamacita007(f): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
be careful with the way some of u insult men of God. he has given us common sense to choose your own opinion whether right or wrong. it depends on the kind of advise they gave u. if ur mom ask u to sell ur soul to the devil for example by doing something bad will u do it? same thing if ur pastor asks u to sleep wit him for blessings will u do it? its not everytime i agree with my pastor
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by anonimi: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
DJDOLA: read d topic mr man....they said pastor or parent not jesus or parent...abi when did pastors turn 2 jesus

Abeg make you leave the acidic man o jare.
Make e dey wriggle and twist round the subject so tey the question go come deform finish beyond recognition.
Na so dem dey do and nor be today oh. Misleading the sheeple with twisted scripture.
Makes you wonder what will happen to these pastors misleading their congregation AWAY from the standard set by Christ
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Give to Caesar that which belongs to Caesar and to Bishop David O. Oyedepo the things which belongs to him. U never hear, children OBEY your PARENTS IN THE LORD, then HONOUR your earthly FATHER AND MOTHER. Click like if you understand. *smiling, expecting like 5000 likes*
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
slap1: God gave me a discerning spirit. If I have to seek advice, I'd rather come to nairaland.
U die well be dat!
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by eightsin(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
all d advice u need is in the bible bt i bet u...non of us can follow dem strightly xcept a few.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years / Increase Your Family Income With This Info / South African Based Nigerian Lady Rants After Finding Unknown Baby At Her Gate.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.